Video Game Music

- - - - - game music

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I enjoy a lot of video game music. Music can usually add a lot to a game and elicit quite a bit of emotion out of a player depending on the moment. I thought this would be a good thread to get everyone to share their favorite pieces (and sorry for multi-posting, but you can only post two videos in one post) and maybe introduce others to new music

(This one gets good around 40 seconds in)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Not actually spoilers, but just don't want to take up too much space

Spoiler

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Again, not actually spoilers

Spoiler

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*
  • Guests

hell, anything from a castlevania or a final fantasy is great

i'd post more, but i'm doing other shit atm

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

One of, if not the best, video game tracks: 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

This is the battle theme from my favourite game of all time:

And I also want to share some music from Bravely Default:

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Loving the selections, everyone! Especially the Bravely Default and Diablo themes, considering I've never played either

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I got some more to share, too.

First off, more Persona music. This time from Persona 3:

And here's something I'm sure everyone already knows:

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Gotta put my love for Skyrim in this thread. This is a cover of the theme music for that game, but I think we can all agree this dude is incredible that plays it. It picks up to the really familiar music for the game around 1:20.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Man, I don't even know where to start..I was going to post in this thread last night but got caught up browsing so many game OST's on Youtube. Haha. The Last of Us had an amazing soundtrack overall, but the main menu/seasons theme was my favourite..so many emotions were felt when it kicked in during several scenes.

And one for nostalgia. Hearing this theme the first time after escaping through the city was powerful..you knew you were safe when you heard it, unless you were on the second floor and there were zombies/lickers everywhere. 

Honourable mentions for the Sega.

Streets of Rage intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sz6loECFrg

Sonic bonus music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M75l-fxIk4

The Terminator game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT7CkgGLi0I

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Also the entire OST for both of these games were amazing. Captured the atmosphere perfectly for the American West and a generic cheesy 80's Terminator/Robocop vibe.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

This song was so haunting. After finishing S1, I sat there for a while playing this song multiple times, just trying to collect all my feels. :sad:

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

This song hit me pretty hard during the credits of 'All That Remains'.

This piece always gets me pumped.

ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Lurker

• Members

Alright! This is my type of thread, Good Topic Jesus,

I can't believe you got him! You expert rooting-tooting, eagle-eyed, goth loving marksman! I love it. You managed to find a way to win. And everybody still loses!

ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Lurker

• Members

Metal Gear Solid 3's theme had me feeling as if i could bend steel.

I can't believe you got him! You expert rooting-tooting, eagle-eyed, goth loving marksman! I love it. You managed to find a way to win. And everybody still loses!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Man, I don't even know where to start..I was going to post in this thread last night but got caught up browsing so many game OST's on Youtube. Haha. The Last of Us had an amazing soundtrack overall, but the main menu/seasons theme was my favourite..so many emotions were felt when it kicked in during several scenes

Aww...damn it. I wanted to put at least one song from every game I thought had good music at the beginning and I realized I completely forgot about TLOU. My favorite has to be this one. I can still imagine myself running for that elevator

Also, this theme will probably sound like nothing special, but anybody who has played Resident Evil 4 will probably feel a deep calmness from it. I remember fighting through a crap-ton of zombies and leaving with nothing but empty cartridges, but then this theme basically assures the player, "You're safe. We won't cheat and hurt you. You're okay. Just catch your breath, buy some stuff, and then move on when you're ready. Take your time."

And Steph, I was seriously impressed by that one

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

This thread is really making me want to get my game on. 

Disclaimer: it takes next to nothing to make me want to get my game on. :P

And thanks JM, you should check out his GoT theme he does, it's incredible. My husband has it as his ring tone. 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Now that I think about it, I think you showed me the GoT theme song by that guy in the chatroom before haha. Either way, it is definitely impressive

Tangentially relevant, here's the most iconic Ace Attorney song in acapella form (look through this guy's channel. You'll all probably find something you like)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

One of my favorites.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Kind of neat how these titles are basically synonymous 

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

There is only one game theme that has legit haunted me: 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Speaking of horrifying things:

Silent Hill 1-3 (haven't played 4) is my favorite classic horror series not because it's the scariest, but because it has an emotional meaning and punch to it, mixed with the horror. The music is no small part of that.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!