- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
  • 256 posts

What the frick, frack, flopping fruck? I can imagine TV Negan saying something like that. 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

Musk of Ephesus

Musk of Ephesus

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Spoilers! I can neither read the comic or watch the show without feeling like a clairvoyant.

If you're not in a spoiler forum how the hell is it cool to outline the entire course of the series in spreadsheet form then post that shit up

with everything but the character names and major locations redacted? 

I guess I'm not really being fair though I'm sure it's kind of hard to discuss anything with any depth without mentioning something here and there.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 149 posts

When some fans don't put things in spoilers lol. I haven't read the comics and I feel like I already know too much about the future of the show because of some fans spoiling it for me.

I also hate the shipping wars but that is nothing new. Honestly I may burst out laughing when Daryl doesn't end up with any love interest. I already have suspicions that Daryl is gay. He ogles Rick and gives him side way glances for far too long...haha.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Roamer

• Members
  • 742 posts
If we complain about what other people are complaining about...aren't we being hypocritical?

We all have pretty much bitched about something...time jumps, .Negan, Not being on the road, daryl living/dying...etc etc.

I have even once said hey if Magna gets fooled and let's a certain man free, then i'm done...because to me it's an easy exit and he couldn't think of something better and we saw it coming. I would rather it be shocking...but hey HOPEFULLY it doesn't happen.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • 2,680 posts
  • LocationJupiter

If we complain about what other people are complaining about...aren't we being hypocritical?
We all have pretty much bitched about something...time jumps, .Negan, Not being on the road, daryl living/dying...etc etc.
I have even once said hey if Magna gets fooled and let's a certain man free, then i'm done...because to me it's an easy exit and he couldn't think of something better and we saw it coming. I would rather it be shocking...but hey HOPEFULLY it doesn't happen.

As long as you haven't complained about that particular something in the past you aren't being hypercritical.

Plus it's not even valid criticism or praising that the majority of us are complaining about. The Inrational behaviour of people who feel that one character is bigger than the show, the actors/actresses are sent death threats because of their fictional character, etc.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Roamer

• Members
  • 742 posts
People who sent death threats to who lori? Can't tell reality from television. That was crazy.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • 2,680 posts
  • LocationJupiter

People who sent death threats to who lori? Can't tell reality from television. That was crazy.

I'm not sure on Sarah Wayne Callies (although she did get called horrible names and her looks were insulted) but Laurie Holden who played Andrea definitely got death threats because her character shot Daryl. Norman Reedus had to step in and tell the fans who did to stop that. Crazy really, thinking it's real.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Roamer

• Members
  • 742 posts

I'm not sure on Sarah Wayne Callies (although she did get called horrible names and her looks were insulted) but Laurie Holden who played Andrea definitely got death threats because her character shot Daryl. Norman Reedus had to step in and tell the fans who did to stop that. Crazy really, thinking it's real.

Laurie...lori...whatever ..thats who i meant lol.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • 2,680 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Laurie...lori...whatever ..thats who i meant lol.

Gotcha now ;)

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

Fans of the tv show that refuse to read the comic. Actually the twd fanbase isn't so bad for this but it drives me crazy when the so called buffy fans refuse to read the comics but act like theyre the hardest scoobies, when in actuality theyre a bunch of newbies that have no clue who Kristie Swanson is or what's been happening in the story for the past 3 seasons and the refuse to find out but think that they can mount a valid argument regarding the characters' development.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • 2,680 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Fans of the tv show that refuse to read the comic. Actually the twd fanbase isn't so bad for this but it drives me crazy when the so called buffy fans refuse to read the comics but act like theyre the hardest scoobies, when in actuality theyre a bunch of newbies that have no clue who Kristie Swanson is or what's been happening in the story for the past 3 seasons and the refuse to find out but think that they can mount a valid argument regarding the characters' development.

I mean no disrespect here but I don't understand the frustration here? The TV show and the comics are completely different. The characters are completely different, and the ones who are the same are mostly all dead. They are two completely different beasts and the viewers can do whatever they want. Reading the comics doesn't give you some sort of superiority towards non readers. As I said, no disrespect but just curious at that mindset.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 4,947 posts

Can I have a link Jesus? I'm interested in reading that, because I would like to see their explanations.

Yeah I'd like to see it, too. I also REALLY like Season 2 (A House Divided is my favourite episode of all) but it just seems a lot more linear than season 1... Which is saying something.

Sorry for really late reply. I couldn't find the thread

Though, I will say something else. The TT forum got rid of downvotes and almost overnight, the forum has amazingly improved. I'm not lying when I say it's one of the worst forums I'd ever seen before. Now, people are actually talking about insightful discussion and others have no choice but to respond (though, I would've preferred if the forum got rid of upvotes, too. I'll take what I can get)

Edited by JesusMonroe, 19 August 2014 - 09:15 PM.

I already passed on the performance rights. Enjoy the rest of your life as a fry cook, you no-talent hack. Also, since you were too much of a pansy to shoot me, I'm going to kill myself and make everyone think you did it

Thudd

Thudd

Infected

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGround level

Maybe there is something missing in my dna, but I just don't get the outrage some have towards "spoilers." It's like someone buying a jigsaw puzzle and acting like you just shot their wife and raped their dog if you gave them one piece of the puzzle before they opened the box.

It's not exactly like I look for spoilers, but I don't shy away from them either. I don't mind knowing a particular thing is coming up. As a matter of fact, I look for it! I had heard the story of how

Spoiler
before I read it, but that hardly ruined the book for me. Again, maybe there's just something odd about the way I understand the world, but I just...don't...get...it! :srug:

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 4,947 posts
Surprise is a huge element to a show. It's boring to watch a show when you know what's gonna happen

I already passed on the performance rights. Enjoy the rest of your life as a fry cook, you no-talent hack. Also, since you were too much of a pansy to shoot me, I'm going to kill myself and make everyone think you did it

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

@the walking shooter,

You're right that the show and comic are 2 completely different entities (for the record I love the differences between the show and comic and the characters' development, like I prefer TV Rick  to Comic Rick and Comic Carl to TV Carl) and to each their own when it comes to which form a fan prefers but it just seems illogical to knock the source material before you try it when you love the adaptation, and that has nothing to do with superiority. I didn't mean to imply that TV fans are lesser fans and as I said before the TWD fans aren't so bad and are at least respectful about the comics even if they're not interested in reading them.

My frustration comes from dealing with Buffy The Vampire Slayer fans online. Everything Joss approved within the Buffyverse is considered canon, this includes the movie, the show, the companion comics, the companion novels, Angel, and the ongoing post-show comics. So it can become extremely frustrating when you're discussing a topic and you post a thoughtful reply that has taken the entire history of the franchise into consideration and people who only know a fragment of the timeline poop on everything that you wrote because they only know a partial history, and when you try to explain the history, they act like it doesn't exist because they didn't read it then they continue to assert the correctness of their partially researched opinion. Like how can someone who knows less about a topic than someone else use their willful ignorance to assert that they have better insight into a topic than someone else? I mean it's just craziness!

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • LocationOhio

Surprise is a huge element to a show. It's boring to watch a show when you know what's gonna happen

I fully agree with that.  Some spoilers are worse than others-- for example, I don't mind knowing that (Season 5 trailer spoilers)

Spoiler

but major plot spoilers, such as the death of a specific character, would totally kill any of the surprise or suspense.  It reminds me of when I was a season behind on Breaking Bad, and had someone spoil a major character's death that was coming up.  I knew it was coming so there was zero shock value.  That's why I will watch the trailers for the show or game series and wind up excited, but still get pretty pissed when people spoil what would otherwise be shocking.  I know that there are others that are so anti-spoiler though they won't even watch the next week's preview after the end of each episode.

Thudd

Thudd

Infected

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGround level

My apolgies for such a slow response, but I can understand something like someone revealing the ending to a movie like "The Sixth Sense" or a show I didn't have the oppurtunity to watch when it was broadcast and have to wait for a repeat. But, I'm almost as much about the acting and the dialog as the show's plot-line itself. While the spoiler might ruin a particular moment for me, as long as the show is a quality product, I don't mind the occasional spoiler in the shortterm. But, I have seen many who lose their stuff when the smallest tidbit gets out!

I fully agree with that.  Some spoilers are worse than others-- for example, I don't mind knowing that (Season 5 trailer spoilers)

Spoiler

but major plot spoilers, such as the death of a specific character, would totally kill any of the surprise or suspense.  It reminds me of when I was a season behind on Breaking Bad, and had someone spoil a major character's death that was coming up.  I knew it was coming so there was zero shock value.  That's why I will watch the trailers for the show or game series and wind up excited, but still get pretty pissed when people spoil what would otherwise be shocking.  I know that there are others that are so anti-spoiler though they won't even watch the next week's preview after the end of each episode.

For the lost part, I agree! But, if I haven't watched a show, knowing I'm a few shows or even few seasons behind, it doesn't bother me to know a particular spoiler ahead of time. As I said, I'm almost as much about the acting and dialog as any other aspect of a show. I suppose it's the price one has to pay for getting up to speed.

Not exactly the same, but if you want to piss-off an older sister of mine, just read her newspaper or magazine before she does!

:P  :Boomstick_by_Preamp:

(lol...I'm a rotten brother!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!