Best Type Of Conflict?

- - - - -

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.

What's the most interesting type of conflict in the zombie apocalypse / TWD world?

Walkers:

This is the obvious one as it is a zombie show and even everyone wants to see walkers, it can get a bit boring just watching head shots of walkers. Season 4 made the walkers a scarier in my opinion.

The Living:

Rival groups such as The Governor, Joe's group, Terminus, Negan etc... I always think this is really interesting but I'm slightly concerned that the show is under pressure to always have a big enemy to fight which could get a bit repetitive..... The Governors dead....oh look Joe's group is here.... they die and 10 mins later there's enough group. I think season 4 did well at doing this but they need to be careful about always having a big enemy to fight. But I have enjoyed Governor and Joe's story line a lot so far and I think the introduction to Terminus was brilliant.

Your Own Group:

Merle, Shane, Carol, Lizzie.. This is always interesting in my opinion, having conflict among your own group is always exciting to see and develops the characters really well.

My favorite of the 3 would probably rival groups but all 3 are really interesting and in many ways are all on par with each other.

I think all tv shows start to get somewhat repetitive once you get to season 5, it's just the way it is. 

I think Gimple will do a good job of mixing it up and keep it interesting though. My main concern is that the show is so massive now that they can't afford to slip up on the action because everyone will complain about it being boring.

For example....I can't see them doing another first half of season 2 again. ( Which I enjoyed )

Maybe once they get to Alexandra they will slow things down a bit, which would be interesting to see,

Because there will be a point where Zombie kills, killing rival groups and internal conflict will get very stale if they're not careful. ( Because we've seen all 3 done a good for amount of times already )

Also, can any one else think of any other type of conflicts? There's the illness, they've done that. I was thinking maybe if Ricks group turned out to be the bad guys against another group. Not truly evil but maybe Rick wouldn't trust another group and they didn't trust Rick. But we get to see the other side of the group and realize that they're good but Ricks group ends up killing them. Could be interesting?

i Think maybe in season 6 they could do with a whole season without a rival group enemy. I am certain that Negan will appear sometime in season 7 so having a whole season without a similar foe to Negan will make Negan's appearance that extra bit special.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I like all 3 depending on how well they execute it. I also really liked the illness storyline, that could be considered a conflict right?

I think there's still more to go though. Imagine them having to survive through a natural disaster or something. They could also try to build up a community brick by brick, but their left open to the zombies until that is complete. They welcome a group into their own, but one of the members turn out to be a serial killer and nobody knows who it is. As long as they keep doing stuff like that, and adding interesting fresh twists into the conflicts, it won't be repetitive.

I like the idea of Rick and his group being the bad guys. Imagine they found a town with a group of people who refused to let them in (but they are good people). The group wait a week or two before striking out at them. They will have to go through horrific circumstances first though for this to work believable.

I hope the TV show diverts completely from the comics, because

Spoiler

I also want an attempt to overthrow Rick as a leader, not because they want his wife and child or to avenge their friends, but because they view him as a terrible leader and think he might get them all killed.

See, as long as they keep adding new directions and twists into these conflicts, we would still be glued to the TV series. It doesn't have to be on the road fighting zombies, then dealing with group struggle in a safe zone, then on the road fighting zombies, then dealing with group struggles in a safe zone, fight against another large group, then on the road fighting zombies, then dealing with group struggles in a safe zone etc. It gets old way fast.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!