Issue 129 Review

* * * * * 1 Rick The Walking Dead Reviews Horny Carl Anna Andrea 129 ThatEpicBeast U Know is the best You know it

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

This is sarcasm right?

Rockets? A new planet? We don't have the technology now to get to another planet....we have no internet...no computer tech....seriously? We are back at the stone age because we HAVE to be. The only smart guy left is euge and he is the reason they have half of the things ( except for smelting that was already in hilltop)

I'm at such a loss for words.....wow.

You don't find it odd Euge is the smartest person they got because why ? oh yeah he can read a fricking book!

These people have to be some of the dumbest people left alive it took them 4 years to figure out how to make bread.....

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

You don't find it odd Euge is the smartest person they got because why ? oh yeah he can read a fricking book!

These people have to be some of the dumbest people left alive it took them 4 years to figure out how to make bread.....

To be fair they are meant to represent the general human population :P

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Also those 4 years weren't spent solely working on making bread they had other shit going on :P

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

lol

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

He's also the one figuring out where to send herds, and other odd things....if euge died way back...they would be lucky to even make the bread.....you need resources..you need people to get what they need...everyone makes it sound like it should be easy.....yet...who knows how to build those items? Not only that, but it takes time.

Anyone can read a book...but i'm not gonna tell some kid who doesn't know how to ride a horse to read a book about riding horses and TA DA he can ride a horse......the other guy was making it like they should be able to hit warp speed in a space shuttle by now...

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Also those 4 years weren't spent solely working on making bread they had other shit going on :P

Yeah I kinda agree with this. Let's be honest here, bread is the least of your priorities if you want to run these communities haha.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Also, I'm not gonna spend zombie time (where everyday could be your last) reading. I probably would crack open a few books if things settled down, but none of the would be about windmills

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

I don't understand how a non retarded human being could honestly just be shocked and believe what Negan says, giving what Rick said. I mean come on, of course he would say that.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

tumblr_m7eeegrCNz1rb3tvro1_500.gif

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Also, I'm not gonna spend zombie time (where everyday could be your last) reading. I probably would crack open a few books if things settled down, but none of the would be about windmills

I think reading would be one of the few hobbies they have. Aside from providing for the community, and having sex (as the Governor said) what else is there exactly to do? I think it would be one of the few things that keep them sane.

I don't understand how a non retarded human being could honestly just be shocked and believe what Negan says, giving what Rick said. I mean come on, of course he would say that.

Magna herself is extremely paranoid and doesn't trust Rick. She wants to find find some evidence that confirms her worries. People will believe what they want to believe even though it might not be rational. I can't exactly blame her because she has been on the run for four years. A place like this would be too good to be true.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

I haven't posted in awhile because I wanted to let these last few issues really settle in...

I have to say, I'm not digging this new direction at all. I suppose I mainly feel that it's way too early to get to this point in the story. Not even halfway into RK's planned 300 issue run and the main character from day 1 now, in issue 127, looks like a toolbag and is worthless in a fight.

Zombies do not appear to be any sort of threat to anyone that isn't crippled, unless they are in a massive herd. I mean...1 dude on a horse is supposed to cover 5 miles? Seems a bit skimpy to me... By the way, where the hell did they find all of these horses? Did zombies as a collective grow to not like the taste of horse meat?

I've found these last few issues to be some of the most boring in TWD history, and I think that has a lot to do with the jarring time jump. These don't seem like the same characters that I grew to know, and in many cases love. If RK was going to bore me then I would preferred to see an arc showing me how Rick and the others got to this point of semi-civilization rather than shit like touring the bread factory, Andrea dressing down construction workers, and those two losers doing whatever the hell they are doing near that zombie herd. Have an issue a few months later, then another a few months after that, etcetera, etcetera and show me how they got this stage? And I suppose that's something else that bothers me...people were dying left and right for the 1st 18 months of the ZA and then...2 years with apparently nothing significant going on? No one significant dies or is maimed?

I don't like how Magna and her gang appear to be a rehash of Rick and his crew arriving at the ASZ just about 60 issues ago, except rather than steal their guns back Magna breaks in to talk to Negan. I'm sure she and her gang will do something stupid like falling under Negan's spell. Which I guess leads me to another point...it would suck if there was time jump and then all of it gets laid to waste either by the herd or by Negan. What would the point be of any of it?

Where the hell is this story going, because Rick, Carl, Andrea, et all won't be sitting around living a relatively comfortable life for the next 170 issues. But like I said, it would be pointless to also just time jump and then force the main crew back out on the road...and it would be equally lame to sort of start anew again by following new characters.

I've been reading tWD for about 5 years now, and never before have been just outright disillusioned with the direction the story is taking. Like I said, it just feels way too early to reach this point in the tale. This is like issue 200 stuff to me, or maybe even something you would end the story with...giving the reader a semblance of hope but letting them know that everything is not alright yet.

I'm still along for the ride, I want to see where this is going and 3 issues in is not enough time to tell what's happening given how this is essentially a reboot. But it does not seem promising, mainly because I keep wondering where this can possibly be going and how it can keep me hooked like it did for the 1st 126 issues. And I hope it does...

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I absolutely agree with you moop420. I do generally enjoy these new issues, but it isn't the same anymore. I've said many times before but it feels more like a sequel to the original masterpiece. Before All Out War ended, we still had many characters we didn't know and were extremely undeveloped, but now our original characters are in that same category and to top it all off, Kirkman is still introducing new characters. Some characters have more or less stayed the same (Eugene), turned for the better (Carl) and grown for the worst (Rick/Andrea). I can only hope Maggie is more or less the same.

I can see Magna falling for Negan's lies, and it can make total sense depending on how Kirkman executes it, but it would be terrible if they were forced out on the run and make the time jump and everything before it (the build up to and during AOW) completely pointless. It's disappointing because I was looking forward for this stage in the story, the effort to build it and support their communities and their civilisation. Instead,we get Rick beating a guy with a cane (hes justified to blow up at him,just not the way he did it IMO) Andrea being a snarky birch and Olivia making bread,

I do like where it is currently, but these flaws are diluting the enjoyment for me personally.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Kirkman said after AOW its going to be a completely different book and this is one thing he did not troll us on.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Kirkman said after AOW its going to be a completely different book and this is one thing he did not troll us on.

I suppose there was some truth in that. I just didn't realise how different it would actually be.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Magna has shown that she's very slow to trust people. If she falls for Nagin's bullshit and sets him free right away, that will  be pretty goofy. 

Also, they're keeping one guy locked up. Just one. 

It's not like they've uncovered a whole dungeon full of tourists that are being harvested for food. Also, Rick did not try to hide the fact that there was a prisoner and even said that Magna could meet him when he got back. 

I'm still wondering if Rick as a character is on the way out. 

This issue depicted him as an unsympathetic,  power-hungry prick, IMO.  He beat that guy  with a stick because walkers came out of the woods. I'm wondering if "Rick the Tyrant" is the beginning of his downfall, if maybe he will provoke a revolt or an uprising where someone kills him. 

He reminded me of a plantation owner beating a slave or something. 

Was disturbing. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Going back through and reading most of this thread for the 1st time I have to say that Walking Shooter sums up my feelings on the new beginning to a T.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I don't mind the jump...the only thing that bothers me about it is how we get the small details left out...after they found Magna and her people...they could have let her sleep a day...the next day bring each person into a different room in a different place amd ask them all the same questions.

When they found out Magna has then been telling the truth, they should have got her group together and explain everything....how they have 3 other Communities working together, how they had to defeat a man called Negan who's currently in a jail, because Rick had a really really dumb moment, ( then you hear heath yell, "YOU DUMB PRICK!! GLENN AND THE OTHERS DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THAT!!! WE SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM!!) then the carry him off.

After that Rick could explain the jobs...what territory they cover....where they found Magna and her group....which direction did she come from? Etc etc....

Then...guess what...NO NOSEY PERSON SNOOPING AROUND!!

I get it KR is settig something up....but i'll keep my promise if Negan is free, starts killing people i will stop reading. Though i'm one person nobody would care lol.

As for some other points, after about 6-8 months of fighting the dead we would adapt....be less afraid of them, find more ways to kill them..

No one would really be alive if these communities did not exsist...most places would have ran out of food and supplies by now.

I like the getting things rebuilt...i just hate Magna and co....and Negan being alive...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

What I like about the time jump is the mystery aspect of it, I guess. It's cool to wonder what everyone else is doing and what the other communities are like. That in of itself is an exciting read

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

If these new people end up letting Negan out I think the comic will have run its course for me.  It's effing ridiculous to think that Rick, or anyone else in this Community would be dumb enough not to have at least a few people (rotating 24 hour shift)  guarding Negan.

Let alone to not think that these strangers are weary and skeptical, like Rick and Co. were of the Community when they first arrived.. Enough to check out the dude in "prison" for life.

If Negan ends up being the big reset button.. god, that would just suck so hard.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Exactly. It seems like some members of this forum are just flat out refusing to think for themselves anymore sadly. They didn't line up and go "okay we got a couple years, what this A stand for?" I bet most people here sure as heck couldn't make bread if they were forced to build the mill and work it.

I don't mind the jump...the only thing that bothers me about it is how we get the small details left out...after they found Magna and her people...they could have let her sleep a day...the next day bring each person into a different room in a different place amd ask them all the same questions.

When they found out Magna has then been telling the truth, they should have got her group together and explain everything....how they have 3 other Communities working together, how they had to defeat a man called Negan who's currently in a jail, because Rick had a really really dumb moment, ( then you hear heath yell, "YOU DUMB PRICK!! GLENN AND THE OTHERS DIDN'T WANT ANY OF THAT!!! WE SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM!!) then the carry him off.

After that Rick could explain the jobs...what territory they cover....where they found Magna and her group....which direction did she come from? Etc etc....

Then...guess what...NO NOSEY PERSON SNOOPING AROUND!!

I get it KR is settig something up....but i'll keep my promise if Negan is free, starts killing people i will stop reading. Though i'm one person nobody would care lol.

As for some other points, after about 6-8 months of fighting the dead we would adapt....be less afraid of them, find more ways to kill them..

No one would really be alive if these communities did not exsist...most places would have ran out of food and supplies by now.

I like the getting things rebuilt...i just hate Magna and co....and Negan being alive...

Rick is a cop. It's really not that dumb. Plus look at their point of view. If absolutely worked. he wanted him to a symbol to kickstart the new world. he was and it did. Rick has always been ahead of the readers. We are stuck in mindless bloodshed mode and he moved past that a year ago. The thing is Magna is dumb. Rick isn't mishandling it. He specifically told her what he was and then told her he would take her to him. Magna made a mistake. No one can be blamed at all except for her.

I'm not sure if you realize this but your first point is actually wha they did down to every last detail. Andrea took them all separately after they rested one night and then made sure they answered truthfully an their stories matched. She determined that they did and then told Rick they could be trusted. After that Rick ran into her and explained the prison situation and offered to tell her everything once he finished setting up his son like he promised. THEN Magna goes off half cocked.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Exactly. It seems like some members of this forum are just flat out refusing to think for themselves anymore sadly. They didn't line up and go "okay we got a couple years, what this A stand for?" I bet most people here sure as heck couldn't make bread if they were forced to build the mill and work it.
Rick is a cop. It's really not that dumb. Plus look at their point of view. If absolutely worked. he wanted him to a symbol to kickstart the new world. he was and it did. Rick has always been ahead of the readers. We are stuck in mindless bloodshed mode and he moved past that a year ago. The thing is Magna is dumb. Rick isn't mishandling it. He specifically told her what he was and then told her he would take her to him. Magna made a mistake. No one can be blamed at all except for her.

I'm not sure if you realize this but your first point is actually wha they did down to every last detail. Andrea took them all separately after they rested one night and then made sure they answered truthfully an their stories matched. She determined that they did and then told Rick they could be trusted. After that Rick ran into her and explained the prison situation and offered to tell her everything once he finished setting up his son like he promised. THEN Magna goes off half cocked.

First each person shoukd have been done at the same time...so this way nobody could have the time to make up a story....then the others could share the information.

Second Rick said they had a jail...never said why Negan was in there. Also keeping killers in ZA is a waste of resources.....Magna wants to find something wrong so if you go looking for something you're bound to find something.

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
Magna had no right to be as snoopy as she was. it's the z.a. and these people let you into their community which is flourishing and she's just trying to nit pick at it. She could have just left if her discomfort was that deep and been on the road for some more years it's not like she's captive there. All she's gonna do if fuck something up and piss off the survivors

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Magna had no right to be as snoopy as she was. it's the z.a. and these people let you into their community which is flourishing and she's just trying to nit pick at it. She could have just left if her discomfort was that deep and been on the road for some more years it's not like she's captive there. All she's gonna do if fuck something up and piss off the survivors

The thing is, she is extremely paranoid. She has been on the run for four years, so her instincts must have kept her alive for that long. She has no reason not to trust those same instincts again. Because she is trying to find something wrong with it, she is bound to find something that confirms her fears, no matter how in rational that actually is. It's the same with Rick, if he hadn't snooped about in Alexandria in the first place Pete would have more than likely killed Jessie, and that could have ended up spiralling out of control if Jessie ended up turning and killing several members before the community found out.

I understand her way of thinking though. Being on the run for four years is going to diminish your hopes of finding a safe place, so when you actually do find one you are going to think there is something off and unnatural with it. The real question is whether or not she is going to buy into Negan's string of lies, but based on her actions so far I think she will.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

The thing is, she is extremely paranoid. She has been on the run for four years, so her instincts must have kept her alive for that long. She has no reason not to trust those same instincts again. Because she is trying to find something wrong with it, she is bound to find something that confirms her fears, no matter how in rational that actually is. It's the same with Rick, if he hadn't snooped about in Alexandria in the first place Pete would have more than likely killed Jessie, and that could have ended up spiralling out of control if Jessie ended up turning and killing several members before the community found out.

I understand her way of thinking though. Being on the run for four years is going to diminish your hopes of finding a safe place, so when you actually do find one you are going to think there is something off and unnatural with it. The real question is whether or not she is going to buy into Negan's string of lies, but based on her actions so far I think she will.

I understand her way of thinking as well but if it causes her to screw up then she is solely at fault. Rick gave her no reason to be suspicious of him at all. Rick had actual reason to believe Pete was a problem.

Pete would most likely not have killed Jessie. he only got murderous because he felt his life was being taken from him. He would have kept abusing her though so it is still good he stopped him though the way he handled it escalated things as well.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

First each person shoukd have been done at the same time...so this way nobody could have the time to make up a story....then the others could share the information.

Second Rick said they had a jail...never said why Negan was in there. Also keeping killers in ZA is a waste of resources.....Magna wants to find something wrong so if you go looking for something you're bound to find something.

He told her he was dangerous and that she could meet him. If she hadn't been overly paranoid she would have just asked why he was in there or realized she would find out when Rick took her to visit... He answered every question she had.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!