Issue 129 Review

* * * * * 1 Rick The Walking Dead Reviews Horny Carl Anna Andrea 129 ThatEpicBeast U Know is the best You know it

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I absolutely can't agree on Andrea. She is exactly the same. Rick has changed in general demeanor. id on't mean the anger as that is justified even if I didn't like it much but he is more in control. It'll take getting used too. Carl changed but the timejump was almost certainly in part to age Carl anyway. He isn't muc different just more mellow because he's not 10. Of course it all comes down to our opinion on timejumps. Part of their entire point is to move things up and a couple year jump should have slight personality changes but i understand if you don't like jumps then that comes with it. we just look for different things.

She was over the top in her bitchiness towards a guy who didn't finish some "project" in time, and was extremely hostile to Magna for no apparent reason other than the fact she was a newcomer. No wonder she thinks something is weird with the place if Andrea was going on like that. Sure looks wise she is the same, more so than Rick and Carl, but she has definitely changed.

Rick was beating a guy up with a cane because he screwed up in a job. That isn't him being in control. Honestly he usually gives people stern talkings to but not to the point where he's beating them up (with the exception of Tyreese but that was different). Carl is the only change for the better IMO. And Carl's eleven now, because Lori says he is seven in volume1 and his birthday is in April.

And I don't like the time jumps, you are right on that. Because a lot can happen in two years. TWD was never about time jumps, it was about every chapter of Rick and his group's story. Too bad we missed out on one of the most important chapters of their lives. Everything after 126 feels like a sequel. There's no slight changes in personality either, they are all completely different. Rick should be a lot happier than he appears to be.

This forum was 50/50 leaning on positive and we make up a really small part of the community so we aren't a good metric to judge by.

That's true but like Neganite said, Kirkman takes both negative and positive letters. And I seen more negative posts than positives if I'm being honest, and not just on the time jump .

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

She was over the top in her bitchiness towards a guy who didn't finish some "project" in time, and was extremely hostile to Magna for no apparent reason other than the fact she was a newcomer. No wonder she thinks something is weird with the place if Andrea was going on like that. Sure looks wise she is the same, more so than Rick and Carl, but she has definitely changed.

Rick was beating a guy up with a cane because he screwed up in a job. That isn't him being in control. Honestly he usually gives people stern talkings to but not to the point where he's beating them up (with the exception of Tyreese but that was different). Carl is the only change for the better IMO. And Carl's eleven now, because Lori says he is seven in volume1 and his birthday is in April.

And I don't like the time jumps, you are right on that. Because a lot can happen in two years. TWD was never about time jumps, it was about every chapter of Rick and his group's story. Too bad we missed out on one of the most important chapters of their lives. Everything after 126 feels like a sequel. There's no slight changes in personality either, they are all completely different. Rick should be a lot happier than he appears to be.

That's true but like Neganite said, Kirkman takes both negative and positive letters. And I seen more negative posts than positives if I'm being honest, and not just on the time jump .

I didn't find her over the top with Sidiq. "I expected more." isn't over the top. She then proceeded to tell him she understood smile and hang with Rosita. Magna is snarky and headstrong just like Andrea. When 2 people like that meet in less than perfect circumstances they clash easily. Trust me.

Rick has a history of anger. Remember what he caused when he got to ASZ. he ended up being right there and in this issue imo but he certainly teetered the edge. If you say got stabbed in a prison because the guards didn't watch the prisoner you'd freak on them. It's a similar concept here. He admitted he was distracted and not working and Rick and Carl almost died. Near death is worth hitting a guy twice. His reaction to Carl saving him was much more positive than the last time it happened. it's clear for the most part he is happier and more mellow but almost dying is a bit of a peeve for most people.

Carl isn't eleven. He was close to or past ten before the skip and the skip is not 2 years anymore. It's likely longer or at least vague.

TWD has skipped months of travel and skipped most of the settling in at the prison (peaceful post gov) and half the journey to DC. it's not a new concept. it's longer of course but then again what they needed to happen would take longer also. 

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

I didn't find her over the top with Sidiq. "I expected more." isn't over the top. She then proceeded to tell him she understood smile and hang with Rosita. Magna is snarky and headstrong just like Andrea. When 2 people like that meet in less than perfect circumstances they clash easily. Trust me.

Rick has a history of anger. Remember what he caused when he got to ASZ. he ended up being right there and in this issue imo but he certainly teetered the edge. If you say got stabbed in a prison because the guards didn't watch the prisoner you'd freak on them. It's a similar concept here. He admitted he was distracted and not working and Rick and Carl almost died. Near death is worth hitting a guy twice. His reaction to Carl saving him was much more positive than the last time it happened. it's clear for the most part he is happier and more mellow but almost dying is a bit of a peeve for most people.
Carl isn't eleven. He was close to or past ten before the skip and the skip is not 2 years anymore. It's likely longer or at least vague.

TWD has skipped months of travel and skipped most of the settling in at the prison (peaceful post gov) and half the journey to DC. it's not a new concept. it's longer of course but then again what they needed to happen would take longer also.

it feels like four years give or take to me, maybe we'll get a more accurate time line soon. The ivy on the outer walls says longer then two years to me.

ZombieMojo

ZombieMojo

S-mart Employee

• Members

Decent mid-arc issue. I was a tad shocked to see Rick go all aggro on that watchman...it seemed a bit out of character, at least for the Rick we've gotten to know. After thinking on it, though, maybe it's a hint that Rick took some subtle cues from Negan regarding leadership: severe when needed (of course, Rick won't be soldering folks' faces with irons). "Severe" for a former cop and all-around decent guy like Rick means a slight thrashing with his cane (you noticed, of course, that he made sure to hit the guy in areas where he was protected? No real/permanent damage done). 

Then I noticed Rick seeming to hint, essentially, that folks have been purposely killed in competition for the watchman job, and that this was not only tolerated, but the "winner" was rewarded with the job. I hope I misread that, and perhaps he was speaking rhetorically.

I hope Magna doesn't just straight-up release Negan, but instead, this is a device Kirkman will use to reveal some of Negan's past. THEN (for whatever contrived reason) she releases him, he does some damage, she realizes she messed up, and helps Rick (or Andrea...if Rick kicks the shit-bucket) finally put that rabid dog down.

The wiki seems to be implying (by way of Letter Hacks in #129) that issue 132 will have Maggie and baby on the cover (for anyone who was wondering).

Patience, kids: this (so far) slow-burning arc appears to be the segue into something wholly new to the story - something perhaps sans Rick? I'm anxious to see what he's got in mind. 

"You can breathe... you can blink... you can cry.. you're ALL going to be doing a lot of that."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Rick has a history of anger. Remember what he caused when he got to ASZ. he ended up being right there and in this issue imo but he certainly teetered the edge. If you say got stabbed in a prison because the guards didn't watch the prisoner you'd freak on them. It's a similar concept here. He admitted he was distracted and not working and Rick and Carl almost died. Near death is worth hitting a guy twice.

I haven't read the issue since it's initial release, but I could remember her getting on his back (how can you remember his name. I have trouble with all these new characters haha). It was only when Rosita came about she calmed down. I know both are pretty feisty, but Andrea shouldn't be the one doing these interviews if she's going off the handle. She could put her off joining, and that increases threats.

I don't think it was justified at all. Sack him and jail him for a week of two, but it was extremely over the top. I know I wouldn't want a leader going off the handle at the slightest issue. He should have been more calm and rational, he is the leader of a pretty big community. Like Andrea he needs to carry a good impression.

Lori says Carl was seven, a year and a bit passed when he confirmed his birthday was in April to Morgan, so he would be eight. This was in winter when he said to Morgan. Depending on the time line, he was either nine or ten during AOW, thus he's either ten or eleven now. I'm leaning towards him being eleven, but he acts a lot older than he is and that's understandable.

Yeah, but Kirkman still went passed those details. The Calm Before had two months, but we saw all the highlights and important parts. Being on the road took another three or four months, but again they highlighted the important parts. Rebuilding civilisation and creating a society is a pretty big thing in my book, so that defiantly shouldn't have been skipped. Kirkman could have highlighted important stuff that went on during that period, and I find it hard to believe nothing happened in those two years. "The zombie movie that never ends" ended in 126 IMO, and this is it's sequel.

And how do you know it's not more than two years. Kirkman stated in the letter hacks in 127 it was two years. Unless he clarified in this letter hacks,,which if he has I apologise.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

it feels like four years give or take to me, maybe we'll get a more accurate time line soon. The ivy on the outer walls says longer then two years to me.

I think it's 3 or 4 personally. Going off Carl's age. It can't be much more than that since no one but kids have really changed age wise.

Decent mid-arc issue. I was a tad shocked to see Rick go all aggro on that watchman...it seemed a bit out of character, at least for the Rick we've gotten to know. After thinking on it, though, maybe it's a hint that Rick took some subtle cues from Negan regarding leadership: severe when needed (of course, Rick won't be soldering folks' faces with irons). "Severe" for a former cop and all-around decent guy like Rick means a slight thrashing with his cane (you noticed, of course, that he made sure to hit the guy in areas where he was protected? No real/permanent damage done). 

Then I noticed Rick seeming to hint, essentially, that folks have been purposely killed in competition for the watchman job, and that this was not only tolerated, but the "winner" was rewarded with the job. I hope I misread that, and perhaps he was speaking rhetorically.

I hope Magna doesn't just straight-up release Negan, but instead, this is a device Kirkman will use to reveal some of Negan's past. THEN (for whatever contrived reason) she releases him, he does some damage, she realizes she messed up, and helps Rick (or Andrea...if Rick kicks the shit-bucket) finally put that rabid dog down.

The wiki seems to be implying (by way of Letter Hacks in #129) that issue 132 will have Maggie and baby on the cover (for anyone who was wondering).

Patience, kids: this (so far) slow-burning arc appears to be the segue into something wholly new to the story - something perhaps sans Rick? I'm anxious to see what he's got in mind. 

The watchman did admit he screwed up so he had it coming. Carl had already questioned where the guard was so he wasn't acting on protocol. If you are bagging groceries that's fine but if you are protecting lives you can't do that crap. He knew he screwed up.

The "kill" line was not literal. It's a very common figure of speech around here. (here being the east coast)

I haven't read the issue since it's initial release, but I could remember her getting on his back (how can you remember his name. I have trouble with all these new characters haha). It was only when Rosita came about she calmed down. I know both are pretty feisty, but Andrea shouldn't be the one doing these interviews if she's going off the handle. She could put her off joining, and that increases threats.

I don't think it was justified at all. Sack him and jail him for a week of two, but it was extremely over the top. I know I wouldn't want a leader going off the handle at the slightest issue. He should have been more calm and rational, he is the leader of a pretty big community. Like Andrea he needs to carry a good impression.

Lori says Carl was seven, a year and a bit passed when he confirmed his birthday was in April to Morgan, so he would be eight. This was in winter when he said to Morgan. Depending on the time line, he was either nine or ten during AOW, this he's either ten or eleven now. I'm leaning towards him being eleven, but he acts a lot older than he is and that's understandable.

Yeah, but Kirkman still went passed those details. The Calm Before had two months, but we saw all the highlights and important parts. Being on the road took another three or four months, but again they highlighted the important parts. Rebuilding civilisation and creating a society is a pretty big thing in my book, so that defiantly shouldn't have been skipped. Kirkman could have highlighted important stuff that went on during that period, and I find it hard to believe nothing happened in those two years. "The zombie movie that never ends" ended in 126 IMO, and this is it's sequel.

lol I was just looking forward to new characters so I try to remember them. I don't know I spelled right but if neither of us check we can pretend! 

I would much rather be hit twice than jailed for a week lol. He didn't hurt him. I've been hit worse by friends for kicks. He should have been calmer I agree. I just think that I would be more likely to do that than be calm myself. He got off easy. A real boss would fire you or worse with twice the yelling.

I thnk you missed part. The timeskip isn't two years. That was a bit of a letter hack mistake.  Carl is older than that. He was mature when he was 8 too so either way but still.

AOW in some cases heavily foreshadowed the changes so they weren't pulled out of thin air. Most anyway. The structure and trading, Euge and Rosie, Maggie's baby, rebuilding ASZ, farming was set up before the saviors, Jesus at ASZ, Michonne at kingdom (assuming she is), negan in jail, Rick crippled, etc. All of it was directly shown or foreshadowed before the jump so it's all natural to me. I can point out the moments more specifically if you'd like. Most of it isn't really stuff we need to see imo. Seeing ASZ rebuilt when it happened or how we did is the same for me. One glance and it tells us everything either way. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Rick is turning into the old man that says "GET OFF MY LAWN".

Also Rick must not have had time for a speech on how everyone's job is important so the cane it is normally thats a speech waiting to happen.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Rick is turning into the old man that says "GET OFF MY LAWN".

Also Rick must not have had time for a speech on how everyone's job is important so the cane it is normally thats a speech waiting to happen.

Don't worry PT, he'll give one to Carl when he arrives at the Hilltop that "he is a man now" and how he will always be his son, taking a length of ten pages and cutting off necessary development for other characters. After that, the last half of the issue will revolve around him making another speech to Maggie about how he needs to go to the Kingdom and punish Benjamin for his lack of work.

And of course, the next issue will have him arrive at the Kingdom and spend the majority of the issue making another speech to Ezekiel about Benjamin and how he needs to be punished.

Scrap "A New Beginning" for the volume title, and retitle it "All Out Speeches". In fact, let's rename the Walking Dead to "The Walking Speaker".

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

lol I was just looking forward to new characters so I try to remember them. I don't know I spelled right but if neither of us check we can pretend! 

I would much rather be hit twice than jailed for a week lol. He didn't hurt him. I've been hit worse by friends for kicks. He should have been calmer I agree. I just think that I would be more likely to do that than be calm myself. He got off easy. A real boss would fire you or worse with twice the yelling.

I thnk you missed part. The timeskip isn't two years. That was a bit of a letter hack mistake.  Carl is older than that. He was mature when he was 8 too so either way but still.

AOW in some cases heavily foreshadowed the changes so they weren't pulled out of thin air. Most anyway. The structure and trading, Euge and Rosie, Maggie's baby, rebuilding ASZ, farming was set up before the saviors, Jesus at ASZ, Michonne at kingdom (assuming she is), negan in jail, Rick crippled, etc. All of it was directly shown or foreshadowed before the jump so it's all natural to me. I can point out the moments more specifically if you'd like. Most of it isn't really stuff we need to see imo. Seeing ASZ rebuilt when it happened or how we did is the same for me. One glance and it tells us everything either way. 

Haha, that's the way I roll with it as well. I have a feeling though we'll never see him again. Josh and Anna I hope we do though, they seem pretty likeable and interesting.

I don't know, it looked kinda bad at his POV. I wouldn't be surprised if the poor guy couldn't ride a horse again haha. That said, I do understand why he beat him up in the first place since he and Carl nearly died, but I think he should have put his leader title first over the father. I thought he did fire him, because Benjamin uttered something like this will be his first last patrol now.

I like the idea of seeds being planted in AOW for the time jump. And I do think Kirkman had planned it if he did do that. But to me we miss the development of these characters. How does Maggie feel about being a mother and raising Sophia and a baby all by herself as well as being a leader? What made Eugene and Rosita decide to go our? The characters to me are more important than the plot when it comes to TWD, that's why I wasn't really bothered with it being predictable that Magna would stumble upon Negan and might free him. And Rick, Andrea and Carl being a family of course. I think at this point the truth about Ben will never be revealed.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Haha, that's the way I roll with it as well. I have a feeling though we'll never see him again. Josh and Anna I hope we do though, they seem pretty likeable and interesting.

I don't know, it looked kinda bad at his POV. I wouldn't be surprised if the poor guy couldn't ride a horse again haha. That said, I do understand why he beat him up in the first place since he and Carl nearly died, but I think he should have put his leader title first over the father. I thought he did fire him, because Benjamin uttered something like this will be his first last patrol now.

I like the idea of seeds being planted in AOW for the time jump. And I do think Kirkman had planned it if he did do that. But to me we miss the development of these characters. How does Maggie feel about being a mother and raising Sophia and a baby all by herself as well as being a leader? What made Eugene and Rosita decide to go our? The characters to me are more important than the plot when it comes to TWD, that's why I wasn't really bothered with it being predictable that Magna would stumble upon Negan and might free him. And Rick, Andrea and Carl being a family of course. I think at this point the truth about Ben will never be revealed.

We might. Rosita knows him and we always saw the other builders. Granted they were usually dying but we have to see him if they kill him lol.

He should put leader over father but we know he won't. That's pretty much Rick's core as a character. He almost got Carl and himself killed. You scrape someones car you will get a beating. Try doing that to someone. It's harsh and it's a flaw (which is good) but it's pretty understandable. He is going to report him but he didn't fire him. He asked if it was his first offense and he said that it was and would also be his last offense. Basically he is saying he won't screw up again.

I can understand. It's more fun to talk if we both have opposite opinions anyway. Maggie we saw a little of that in AOW but I think we will see the rest whenever she appears. Her feelings aren't going to change and she has had the kid awhile and been leading so we can check  it out. Rosita was shown to have feelings for Euge finally at the end and Euge has wanted to be with her for the entire book. I don't think it's too complicated what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if she just approached him after he got back. I agree on Ben. If he does I don't think she will be that upset now.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I bet Sophia is going to steal Anna's letter to Carl and get super jealous. ooooo teen drama. haha

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I bet Sophia is going to steal Anna's letter to Carl and get super jealous. ooooo teen drama. haha

Too bad it's a dirty pic of Anna. It was implied she was a bit "flashy" to both Carl and Josh, and that's why Carl was reluctant to show the 'letter' to Rick in the first place ;)

We might. Rosita knows him and we always saw the other builders. Granted they were usually dying but we have to see him if they kill him lol.

He should put leader over father but we know he won't. That's pretty much Rick's core as a character. He almost got Carl and himself killed. You scrape someones car you will get a beating. Try doing that to someone. It's harsh and it's a flaw (which is good) but it's pretty understandable. He is going to report him but he didn't fire him. He asked if it was his first offense and he said that it was and would also be his last offense. Basically he is saying he won't screw up again.

I can understand. It's more fun to talk if we both have opposite opinions anyway. Maggie we saw a little of that in AOW but I think we will see the rest whenever she appears. Her feelings aren't going to change and she has had the kid awhile and been leading so we can check  it out. Rosita was shown to have feelings for Euge finally at the end and Euge has wanted to be with her for the entire book. I don't think it's too complicated what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if she just approached him after he got back. I agree on Ben. If he does I don't think she will be that upset now.

Even though I disagree with Rick in how he reacted to Benjamin, it does make it more interesting that he has these flaws in the first place, I do agree with that. He needs to still be human, and he can't be perfect all the time I suppose. I thought the way Benjamin said it, it would be his last patrol and he would quit himself, but who knows.

Yeah, it's really interesting hearing other people's opinions, that's why I'm on this forum in the first place. Maggie as a character is very family centric, and I was disappointed we never really saw her reactions to coping with Sophia by herself excluding issue109. So that's why I wanted to see her juggle both being a single parent and a leader. I agree about Eugene/Rosita, but it's been build up for several issues now of will they, won't they? I think Andrea would react extremely negatively about Ben if she found out. She would feel betrayed as she has basically shared a home with Rick and Carl for over two years now. It won't be the fact that Carl killed Ben that would make her mad, it would be the fact they lied her for a long time.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I still would have rather Maggie save Rick and Carl and end it at that...the whole Magna finding Negan and crap is just....idk....i don't want to stop reading because Magna sets Negan free.

Aren't they having some sort of festival thing? I would really hate it if everyone shows up.....then a herd attacks then Negan escapes and all the communities collapse....just so we get more on the road stories.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I still would have rather Maggie save Rick and Carl and end it at that...the whole Magna finding Negan and crap is just....idk....i don't want to stop reading because Magna sets Negan free.
Aren't they having some sort of festival thing? I would really hate it if everyone shows up.....then a herd attacks then Negan escapes and all the communities collapse....just so we get more on the road stories.

You have filled me with hope that just when Negan is about to kill Rick, Maggie shoots him down. She's very underrated IMO and she has killed before.

I wonder what would happen to Magna if she did break Negan free. Punishment by death? Locked up in jail? I think Rick would want to avoid the latter if Negan did break free because he convinced Magna.

I think that is what's going to happen. I completely forgot about the festival, I thought they were just expanding the area. I wanted more volumes about them living in a civilisation, but it looks like Kirkman is pretty desperate to get them back on the road. This is the 23rd volume, right? This will be a build up to the herd/Negan battles, and the 24th will feature the battle. That marks the end of the third compendium, the communities collapsed and the survivors back on the road. A shame because I was looking forward to this aspect of the story.

I've just realised that Rick wanted a jail to lock up Pete Anderson because he was beating up Jessie. Looks like that also influenced his decision in having a jail centre.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

You have filled me with hope that just when Negan is about to kill Rick, Maggie shoots him down. She's very underrated IMO and she has killed before.

I wonder what would happen to Magna if she did break Negan free. Punishment by death? Locked up in jail? I think Rick would want to avoid the latter if Negan did break free because he convinced Magna.

I think that is what's going to happen. I completely forgot about the festival, I thought they were just expanding the area. I wanted more volumes about them living in a civilisation, but it looks like Kirkman is pretty desperate to get them back on the road. This is the 23rd volume, right? This will be a build up to the herd/Negan battles, and the 24th will feature the battle. That marks the end of the third compendium, the communities collapsed and the survivors back on the road. A shame because I was looking forward to this aspect of the story.

I've just realised that Rick wanted a jail to lock up Pete Anderson because he was beating up Jessie. Looks like that also influenced his decision in having a jail centre.

I should have specified.... i wish she saved them at the end of this issue...lol...sorry.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

That is an awesome notice on the jail thing. Thanks for bringing that up. 

I don't think kirk is going on the road. he spoke of alternating issues for each community post AOW and rebuilding has always been the goal and he finally set it up. Trouble is coming but he isn't going to tear them down permanently imo.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I should have specified.... i wish she saved them at the end of this issue...lol...sorry.

Oh, well I hope Kirkman does go through with my theory then ;) But yeah I was really hoping to see her this issue.

That is an awesome notice on the jail thing. Thanks for bringing that up. 

I don't think kirk is going on the road. he spoke of alternating issues for each community post AOW and rebuilding has always been the goal and he finally set it up. Trouble is coming but he isn't going to tear them down permanently imo.

Don't mention it. I had just reread all the volumes last week and that stood out to me.

I hope he doesn't, but it could go down that way. Just depends how much damage is caused really. I think they can survive it, but one or two communities are definitely going to become destroyed and not fit to live in (kinda like the prison).

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Oh, well I hope Kirkman does go through with my theory then ;) But yeah I was really hoping to see her this issue.

Don't mention it. I had just reread all the volumes last week and that stood out to me.

I hope he doesn't, but it could go down that way. Just depends how much damage is caused really. I think they can survive it, but one or two communities are definitely going to become destroyed and not fit to live in (kinda like the prison).

ASZ did as well. We have that to keep in mind. I don't think he did a timeskip from a destroyed ASZ to repair it and then destroy it again lol.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

ASZ did as well. We have that to keep in mind. I don't think he did a timeskip from a destroyed ASZ to repair it and then destroy it again lol.

Well....actually he could...it wouldn't have as big of an emotional impact though, because we didn't see it turn into the place it is now...even though they lived there this has officially been their home for what almost 3 yrs? They've settled down....they are use to an easier life..losing ASZ would be a huge impact...

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Anyone remember how Douglas was supposed to hit Heath way back when but Kirkman changed his mind for a reason I can't recall at the moment?

Another reason to think Rick and this arc are gonna be Douglas/Intro to ASZ 2.0

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I dunno. I liked it

I have faith in Kirkman with the whole Magna plot, I guess. If Magna releases Negan, she is literally the dumbest person alive. Plus, I don't see the point of having Negan locked up, getting him to escape, and then having him kill Rick. You might as well have ended AOW that way if this was the route Kirkman is going down. People are saying it's predictable that Magna is going to release Negan but I think the next issue will start with Negan telling his sob story and Magna calling bullshit on it (we honestly need more scenes with Negan in the cell before he gets out)

Also, I don't know why people are saying it's "obvious" that Rick is going to die. The time jump has made it all the more clear that this is not the case. Sure, Rick is physically weak, but he still has that fire in him with the way he went off on Benjamin (loved that scene by the way. Put yourself in Rick's shoes if you think he went too far). The reason I'm not bothered by Rick going through hell all the time or Carl living with a chunk of his head missing is because this isn't a story about a random group of strangers. This is a story about the Grimes. Rick, the man who will rise to greatness, and his prodigal son. Now, I'm not saying the plot moves around Rick and Carl living. I'm saying that from the beginning, Kirkman has been telling the story of Rick and everything that he will accomplish

Not much else to say. I'm liking Negan more and am appreciating the fact that he lived. Him and Rick work really well off each other and you can tell there's painful history between the two of them. I think he's a good long-term antagonist (and I don't think he'll ever get an army again. At best, he'll escape and be a villain in the shadows, killing off all the people who crossed him, including Rick, Carl, Dwight, and Ezekiel)

Also, I'm getting more used to the time jump. I don't really feel like we skipped years of development anymore. AOW at the very least set up the direction that Rick's character was going to take so it wasn't as jarring when he became who he is now, and this issue showed he's not full on Douglas Monroe. Plus, my interest is beginning to wax instead of wane now (but fuck these monthly waits)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Also, some of the artwork was kind of cringeworthy. Two panels in particular were straight up meme-worthy

055bea7fb09bfe7cfc2eeeaadfcc7dc0.png

06fb3bac31b63951f589dbb9480767e8.png

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

I dunno. I liked it

I have faith in Kirkman with the whole Magna plot, I guess. If Magna releases Negan, she is literally the dumbest person alive. Plus, I don't see the point of having Negan locked up, getting him to escape, and then having him kill Rick. You might as well have ended AOW that way if this was the route Kirkman is going down. People are saying it's predictable that Magna is going to release Negan but I think the next issue will start with Negan telling his sob story and Magna calling bullshit on it (we honestly need more scenes with Negan in the cell before he gets out)

Also, I don't know why people are saying it's "obvious" that Rick is going to die. The time jump has made it all the more clear that this is not the case. Sure, Rick is physically weak, but he still has that fire in him with the way he went off on Benjamin (loved that scene by the way. Put yourself in Rick's shoes if you think he went too far). The reason I'm not bothered by Rick going through hell all the time or Carl living with a chunk of his head missing is because this isn't a story about a random group of strangers. This is a story about the Grimes. Rick, the man who will rise to greatness, and his prodigal son. Now, I'm not saying the plot moves around Rick and Carl living. I'm saying that from the beginning, Kirkman has been telling the story of Rick and everything that he will accomplish

Not much else to say. I'm liking Negan more and am appreciating the fact that he lived. Him and Rick work really well off each other and you can tell there's painful history between the two of them. I think he's a good long-term antagonist (and I don't think he'll ever get an army again. At best, he'll escape and be a villain in the shadows, killing off all the people who crossed him, including Rick, Carl, Dwight, and Ezekiel)

Also, I'm getting more used to the time jump. I don't really feel like we skipped years of development anymore. AOW at the very least set up the direction that Rick's character was going to take so it wasn't as jarring when he became who he is now, and this issue showed he's not full on Douglas Monroe. Plus, my interest is beginning to wax instead of wane now (but fuck these monthly waits)

I just wanted to agree on Negan. We knew there was real intelligence under that persona he kept up and now that he's in jail I think it's showing. He's more serious and angry and he just lets cool intelligence seep out and he's been planning revenge for awhile. I honestly think if he does break out that it won' be a rehash. He's different alone.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I see him letting Negan out just because everyone in this comic seems to be completely moronic.

Nobody says anything important to anyone...(Magna walks up to Rick) ....Oh hi Magna....yea..this is a jail...we have a guy in there for life....but i won't tell you why even though it would only take 10 minutes....oh no...i will leave and let you wonder in while i'm away.....

Also why didn't anyone give them a tour? Seriously it sounds stupid but hell if i am shown what everything is...whay is where and they aren't keeping secrets....I'LL FEEL COMPLETELY SAFE, AND WON'T GO SNOOPING AROUND!!! also they could tell them about the war...explain to them they have a guy named Negan locked up because of what he has done....sorry i needed to rant.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

I see him letting Negan out just because everyone in this comic seems to be completely moronic.

Nobody says anything important to anyone...(Magna walks up to Rick) ....Oh hi Magna....yea..this is a jail...we have a guy in there for life....but i won't tell you why even though it would only take 10 minutes....oh no...i will leave and let you wonder in while i'm away.....

Also why didn't anyone give them a tour? Seriously it sounds stupid but hell if i am shown what everything is...whay is where and they aren't keeping secrets....I'LL FEEL COMPLETELY SAFE, AND WON'T GO SNOOPING AROUND!!! also they could tell them about the war...explain to them they have a guy named Negan locked up because of what he has done....sorry i needed to rant.

it isn't Rick's fault Magna is hyper suspicious for no reason. He told her what she asked him. He told her there was was one man in prison for life and he was dangerous. He offered to let her meet him as soon as he finished his business. The man isn't a butler for newcomers. That isn't moronic just because he didn't outline the history of there life up to that point. He already trusted them. This is all on Magna.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!