Issue 129 Review

* * * * * 1 Rick The Walking Dead Reviews Horny Carl Anna Andrea 129 ThatEpicBeast U Know is the best You know it

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Kirkman, please don't screw this up.

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
So I feel it's safe to say that negan was being sarcastic in agreeing with rick in 125 and it really shows in his attitude this issue. I really hate how predictable the last page was though. And the cover of 130 got a nice introduction with the hilltop boys losing the horse

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
And as much as the setting and feel for the time jump has to be setup I'm really excited for the next couple arcs I'm ready for some real action to take place

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

If their only basis for freeing Negan is "because he says so", then yes, they'd have to be pretty stupid to do it, given that one would expect a prisoner in for life to say anything in order to get free. Add in the fact that Negan doesn't appear to have been mistreated and that Rick was open about the jail and didn't try to hide it (both of which don't apply to your hypothetical Woodbury scenario) and they have absolutely no reason to believe anything he says.

They don't any reason to believe what Rick says either. It works both ways. Negan will have to make a convincing and compelling case, and to be honest he (Rick) should have just up and told them about his crimes before they had any ideas. Magna and her group don't seem to have ran into any human threats at all, so they would be suckered into Negan's lies. He had a whole community behind him following his every order, he would convince them.

If the Governor had been found out, he could easily explain why they were there in the first place. The citizens would have been convinced, because they were easily convinced by the prison group being monsters. But he was lying, and for all Magna knows Rick was lying. And I don't know about you but shitting in a bucket and just sitting there is pretty cruel. Negan should have been killed, it's a lot more civilised than locking him up like an animal. So he does have a convincing case.

Carliskindofcool

Carliskindofcool

Infected

• Members
What was the new ways to dispose of the dead... This whole volume should've came out all at once..there's too many things I want to know and it looks like I ain't gonna find em out for a year

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

lol @ Negan

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

What was the new ways to dispose of the dead... This whole volume should've came out all at once..there's too many things I want to know and it looks like I ain't gonna find em out for a year

Rick stumbling after a zombie and nearly getting killed + plus looking like a total fool while he did it. That was certainly a new way to dispose of the dead.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Yawn...........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

First page i colored of this issue.

Negan_in_prison.png

Hope you guys like it.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Great work as always Koibito. He's a devil our Negan.

Carliskindofcool

Carliskindofcool

Infected

• Members
Also is hilltop expecting Carl? Have they contacted them seems like pen and paper is the only way to do so..I get there wouldn't be a problem but seems like 2 maybe 3 days have passed since magna and co arrived so when's the last time they seen Maggie I wonder..I totally agree with the predictability(hopefully it just seems that way and we'll be shocked) and is it just rick and Carl? How the fugg is rick going to make it back himself? Would kirkman let a walker of all things finally take down rick?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Also is hilltop expecting Carl? Have they contacted them seems like pen and paper is the only way to do so..I get there wouldn't be a problem but seems like 2 maybe 3 days have passed since magna and co arrived so when's the last time they seen Maggie I wonder..I totally agree with the predictability(hopefully it just seems that way and we'll be shocked) and is it just rick and Carl? How the fugg is rick going to make it back himself? Would kirkman let a walker of all things finally take down rick?

I don't think they are. Rick only agreed to let Carl go to the Hilltop the day before, so unless there's some Harry Potter owl system going on here news wouldn't have reached them that fast. I think somebody could perhaps help Rick travel back after his near miss call, and then travel back themselves. The candidate to that would most likely be Alex or some other redshirt.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

I don't think they are. Rick only agreed to let Carl go to the Hilltop the day before, so unless there's some Harry Potter owl system going on here news wouldn't have reached them that fast. I think somebody could perhaps help Rick travel back after his near miss call, and then travel back themselves. The candidate to that would most likely be Alex or some other redshirt.

I'd love to see a carrier pigeon system up and running!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I am sure Rick let Maggie know about Carl`s wishes to move to the hilltop sometime during the TWO YEAR gap...........sigh.

My shit bucket is full after this issue and it needs to be emptied.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

This issue kinda upset me, for two reasons, one just how predictable the book has become, I dont think Negan tricking the new people into helping him escape is a surprise for anyone. And two just that for me because of the time jump, Ricks appearance and personality have changed too much for me, its like the Rick ive followed and loved all this time is dead and gone, I dont recognize him anymore an it upsets me.

I did enjoy it, I dont mean to come across entirely negative, it was an enjoyable issue, I just cant help looking back and realizing that I have to admit to myself that this book has dropped in standard, and its just sad.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

That tooooootally wasn't extremely predictable at all

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

This issue kinda upset me, for two reasons, one just how predictable the book has become, I dont think Negan tricking the new people into helping him escape is a surprise for anyone. And two just that for me because of the time jump, Ricks appearance and personality have changed too much for me, its like the Rick ive followed and loved all this time is dead and gone, I dont recognize him anymore an it upsets me.

I did enjoy it, I dont mean to come across entirely negative, it was an enjoyable issue, I just cant help looking back and realizing that I have to admit to myself that this book has dropped in standard, and its just sad.

Agreed. He's not the same Rick I followed for 126 issues. Nor is Andrea, or Carl. It doesn't even feel like the same book.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

So is Neeegan becoming Rick's Phone replacement?

Rick shore looked a lot like Neegsy when he chewed that Benjamin out. He's morphing into The Goveneegan.

LOL I really hope Negs tells Magma and Co. that they killed Lucille his one true love - please please do it.

And what about Marco and Ken?

A Recon team?

Fugitives?

Guess we'll find out next month....

In letters Kirkman bitches about the bi-monthly sched of AOW pissing people off now. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!?!?!?!

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

LOL I really hope Negs tells Magma and Co. that they killed Lucille his one true love - please please do it.!

It would certainly put a twist on it, and for all we know they could have burnt it and made him watch lol. He's telling the truth, but fails to mention his true love was a baseball bat :P

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Speaking of the letters did anyone else think it was questionable  that they were ALL positive about 127, seriously all the letters were how bold and exciting it was. When the reaction was 50/50 at best, theres no way all the letters Kirkman got were nice ones.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Speaking of the letters did anyone else think it was questionable  that they were ALL positive about 127, seriously all the letters were how bold and exciting it was. When the reaction was 50/50 at best, theres no way all the letters Kirkman got were nice ones.

I never read them, but that does sound suspicious. Maybe there was a big negative reaction (as evidenced on this forum) and he only picked the ones that complimented them. Idk but it is strange because he usually picks both positive and negative reviews.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Agreed. He's not the same Rick I followed for 126 issues. Nor is Andrea, or Carl. It doesn't even feel like the same book.

I absolutely can't agree on Andrea. She is exactly the same. Rick has changed in general demeanor. id on't mean the anger as that is justified even if I didn't like it much but he is more in control. It'll take getting used too. Carl changed but the timejump was almost certainly in part to age Carl anyway. He isn't muc different just more mellow because he's not 10. Of course it all comes down to our opinion on timejumps. Part of their entire point is to move things up and a couple year jump should have slight personality changes but i understand if you don't like jumps then that comes with it. we just look for different things.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Yea in fact usually its mainly negative ones, he isn't the kind of guy who cant take criticism. Struck me as odd.

Carliskindofcool

Carliskindofcool

Infected

• Members
Lol I know at some point it was talked about and I could see it being one of those yea just come by whenever kind of deals there being no phones and all. I just found it strange that now is the time,right after these new people show up. Rick leaves with no worries or at least a panel of him saying 'keep an eye on them for me' It's like it really is just normal life for them.Carl 'ya know I always wanted to see New York and the city line' rick 'well fuck it let's go son I need a vacation'.i get that carls leaving and there's a little extra on ricks mind but Carl wants to leave and rick lets his guard down and trusts new people and they very we'll could let negan free and destroy 2 + years worth of work?the perfect storm that just kind of happened.. Fuck that that's b.s...it's possible I just have to much free time at work and am slightly overthinking but like many of you have said it seems so predictable it's gross

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

I never read them, but that does sound suspicious. Maybe there was a big negative reaction (as evidenced on this forum) and he only picked the ones that complimented them. Idk but it is strange because he usually picks both positive and negative reviews.

This forum was 50/50 leaning on positive and we make up a really small part of the community so we aren't a good metric to judge by.

Lol I know at some point it was talked about and I could see it being one of those yea just come by whenever kind of deals there being no phones and all. I just found it strange that now is the time,right after these new people show up. Rick leaves with no worries or at least a panel of him saying 'keep an eye on them for me' It's like it really is just normal life for them.Carl 'ya know I always wanted to see New York and the city line' rick 'well fuck it let's go son I need a vacation'.i get that carls leaving and there's a little extra on ricks mind but Carl wants to leave and rick lets his guard down and trusts new people and they very we'll could let negan free and destroy 2 + years worth of work?the perfect storm that just kind of happened.. Fuck that that's b.s...it's possible I just have to much free time at work and am slightly overthinking but like many of you have said it seems so predictable it's gross

Setting Negan free is a little overrated in how bad it is I think. It's very bad but he isn't Zeus. He can't destroy the communities and he talks big but he isn't dumb. He knows he can't match them anymore. He just wants to escape and screw with Rick's mind while he's still there.

ASZ is established now. He doesn't need to be directly present to deal with every problem. He always leans toward trust when not given reason otherwise. He was straight with her and he has grown a lot since he was in the same position. He forgot how suspicious she might possibly be. She also might just be stupid.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!