Issue 129 Review

* * * * * 1 Rick The Walking Dead Reviews Horny Carl Anna Andrea 129 ThatEpicBeast U Know is the best You know it

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I understand her way of thinking as well but if it causes her to screw up then she is solely at fault. Rick gave her no reason to be suspicious of him at all. Rick had actual reason to believe Pete was a problem.

Pete would most likely not have killed Jessie. he only got murderous because he felt his life was being taken from him. He would have kept abusing her though so it is still good he stopped him though the way he handled it escalated things as well.

Yeah I do agree it would be her fault if she does let him out. I do understand her reasoning though, so I will cut her some slack but nonetheless she will be the one responsible for the death and destruction caused if Negan does break out.

I can see an argument between the two going too far and Jessie could have been seriously hurt. That's just how domestic violence works. It's kinda a shame though she broke free from that and died in a couple of days...

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

He told her he was dangerous and that she could meet him. If she hadn't been overly paranoid she would have just asked why he was in there or realized she would find out when Rick took her to visit... He answered every question she had.

Now this feel like you're arguing with me for no reason....if they would have done everything i said, Magna would have been filled in on what's going on...so no reason for her to go looking....that's my point.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Now this feel like you're arguing with me for no reason....if they would have done everything i said, Magna would have been filled in on what's going on...so no reason for her to go looking....that's my point.

There is a reason. I disagree. It's just debate on a forum. My point is they did do exactly what you described. You might as well have been posting a synopsis of ASZ in the last 3 issues. He laid the whole situation out and made an appointment to tell the rest of what she wanted/needed to know. She never had a reasonable excuse to go snooping to begin with. The only reason for her snooping is because she's at fault. Even her two group mates spoke out against doing it but knew they couldn't stop her.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

OKAY SO

finally weighing in on this issue and:

ken/marco have nothing to do with ben. they're off on their own and drawing the herd STRAIGHT back to the hilltop. i'm sure that will hit shortly after rick arrives, so they can have A community fall, but not the most important one, and we'll get some major characters back to asz, namely maggie. rick was well within rights smacking that bitch up with his cane. dude was wearing armor, it was more to make a point and caused the guy no physical harm whatsoever. i agree with whoever suggested the bait and switch with magna finding negan, she's gonna call bullshit in the first panel of 130, promise. as far as duscussing their tech, it may have taken them 4 years to make bread, but considering they weren't even thinking about it 2.5 years in, i believe 1.5 years to DESIGN & BUILD a mill, and even FIND a book with the information the euge needed. also, remember the apocolypse in twd universe was around 2003, illustrated in jane's comments to clem during episode 4 of the telltale game if anyone played that. she tells her that old walkers that turned early still have busted old pagers. so even if they were to have a full restoration of technology as one poster suggested [sorry i read all ten pages to this thread in one setting so it's all a blur], they still would be a little behind us even. i feel like magna is going to be too important to the story, just by the way kirk hyped them, to do something so dumb as release negan. plus who's to say they even CAN. i would imagine negan would have tried to tear his cell apart, and without the specific key that i'm sure rick keeps on his person, i doubt magna and her group would have any further luck. at worst, she hears him out and then seeks out some more information and makes a decision against him. maybe she even decides he's a liability and a long term threat and takes him out... that'd be a twist.

sorry for the long disjointed post, i've had problems posting recently and had a lot to say on this issue lol.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

OKAY SO
finally weighing in on this issue and:
ken/marco have nothing to do with ben. they're off on their own and drawing the herd STRAIGHT back to the hilltop. i'm sure that will hit shortly after rick arrives, so they can have A community fall, but not the most important one, and we'll get some major characters back to asz, namely maggie. rick was well within rights smacking that bitch up with his cane. dude was wearing armor, it was more to make a point and caused the guy no physical harm whatsoever. i agree with whoever suggested the bait and switch with magna finding negan, she's gonna call bullshit in the first panel of 130, promise. as far as duscussing their tech, it may have taken them 4 years to make bread, but considering they weren't even thinking about it 2.5 years in, i believe 1.5 years to DESIGN & BUILD a mill, and even FIND a book with the information the euge needed. also, remember the apocolypse in twd universe was around 2003, illustrated in jane's comments to clem during episode 4 of the telltale game if anyone played that. she tells her that old walkers that turned early still have busted old pagers. so even if they were to have a full restoration of technology as one poster suggested [sorry i read all ten pages to this thread in one setting so it's all a blur], they still would be a little behind us even. i feel like magna is going to be too important to the story, just by the way kirk hyped them, to do something so dumb as release negan. plus who's to say they even CAN. i would imagine negan would have tried to tear his cell apart, and without the specific key that i'm sure rick keeps on his person, i doubt magna and her group would have any further luck. at worst, she hears him out and then seeks out some more information and makes a decision against him. maybe she even decides he's a liability and a long term threat and takes him out... that'd be a twist.

sorry for the long disjointed post, i've had problems posting recently and had a lot to say on this issue lol.

Welcome back, FearTheHunters. Kirkman has said many times that there isn't a specific date within TwD, it can take place any time. One evidence from the book seems to indicate that the apocalypse takes place at least during 2012 (Josh's Grave in Lilly's nightmare). That said, I tend to view it starting in 2003 as well because the comic was first published in that year.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

i think the time frame in the comic is limited to the time it was released. i swear he has stated it as having started NO LATER THAN when it was first published, but he could always come out with some off the wall excuse that it's an alternate universe where they advanced more quickly and the apocolypse struck them in the year 1738 or some crazy shit. dude can make it into whatever he wants. also; thanks. i've been trying to post here and there but it just gets stuck in a loop, finally left for a couple weeks and it works fine now haha! feels good to be back... back to naming quotes!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

i think the time frame in the comic is limited to the time it was released. i swear he has stated it as having started NO LATER THAN when it was first published, but he could always come out with some off the wall excuse that it's an alternate universe where they advanced more quickly and the apocolypse struck them in the year 1738 or some crazy shit. dude can make it into whatever he wants. also; thanks. i've been trying to post here and there but it just gets stuck in a loop, finally left for a couple weeks and it works fine now haha! feels good to be back... back to naming quotes!

No problem. I think he said in a recent letter hack that the comics/show could be set in the present (as in our present) and he makes it ambiguous enough so we don't have an exact date (just in case a gadget contradicts the time it's set in for example). If the comics started in 2003, we are at 2007 right now, Kirkman would have to be careful not to mention any product that was created after 2003.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
Hey guys, I have written the first chapter of my very own Zombie Fanfiction over in the fanfiction section titled 'The end of the world as we know it.'
It may not be Dickens or Shakespeare or Kirkman (yea I just used Kirkman in the same sentence as Dickens and Shakespeare) but check it out if you have a minute. I intend to continue it, if anybody likes it that is.

Its set in London and starts at the very beginning of the Zombie outbreak.

Let me know what you think

ZombieTribble

ZombieTribble

Infected

• Members

I'm still enjoying the time jump, as a whole. A bit slow going - particularly with returning to the monthly schedule - but that's only to be expected, and will get us used to the new reality that the survivors live in. 

I've been hoping all the way, though, that Negan is just going to turn out to be a red herring. What would be the point for Rick to let him live, and then have him get out? The whole thing would seem too much like a cliche, like those supervillains that never stay locked up / dead ... 

However, I'm still hoping that this might be the case. Surely Magna and her crew aren't stupid enough to believe the guy that is locked up. Moreover, surely Rick isn't stupid enough to let the prison be as unguarded as it seems to be - so I'm hoping/guessing that they are being watched. The only thing that might speak against this is that Rick was surprised about Carl still seeing Negan. However, Carl presumably would know more about the arrangements than Magna & co. Perhaps it is somehow even part of the plan that the new arrivals might find Negan - to give them a chance to challenge authority and find out whether they really belong there. Not sure whether that's too elaborate - but it would be funny to think that even Negan is playing a role in the running of the community, in a way ...

Anyway, it looks as though zombies are finally going to come to the forefront again, with the realization that they are forming larger and larger herds, and something needs to be done about them - rather than diverting their path. Hopefully this will eventually be the focus of the arc, rather than the Negan Sideshow.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I'm still enjoying the time jump, as a whole. A bit slow going - particularly with returning to the monthly schedule - but that's only to be expected, and will get us used to the new reality that the survivors live in. 

I've been hoping all the way, though, that Negan is just going to turn out to be a red herring. What would be the point for Rick to let him live, and then have him get out? The whole thing would seem too much like a cliche, like those supervillains that never stay locked up / dead ... 

However, I'm still hoping that this might be the case. Surely Magna and her crew aren't stupid enough to believe the guy that is locked up. Moreover, surely Rick isn't stupid enough to let the prison be as unguarded as it seems to be - so I'm hoping/guessing that they are being watched. The only thing that might speak against this is that Rick was surprised about Carl still seeing Negan. However, Carl presumably would know more about the arrangements than Magna & co. Perhaps it is somehow even part of the plan that the new arrivals might find Negan - to give them a chance to challenge authority and find out whether they really belong there. Not sure whether that's too elaborate - but it would be funny to think that even Negan is playing a role in the running of the community, in a way ...

Anyway, it looks as though zombies are finally going to come to the forefront again, with the realization that they are forming larger and larger herds, and something needs to be done about them - rather than diverting their path. Hopefully this will eventually be the focus of the arc, rather than the Negan Sideshow.

I wouldn't say freeing Negan is cliche. Every single villain so far has been killed and haven't made a comeback, this would be the first time it happened. As for Magna, she has been left with a pretty bad impression on Alexandria overall, so she will more likely believe whatever Negan feeds her because she is looking to find something bad about the place. It might be stupid, but people are like that in real life I'm afraid.

ZombieTribble

ZombieTribble

Infected

• Members

I wouldn't say freeing Negan is cliche. Every single villain so far has been killed and haven't made a comeback, this would be the first time it happened. As for Magna, she has been left with a pretty bad impression on Alexandria overall, so she will more likely believe whatever Negan feeds her because she is looking to find something bad about the place. It might be stupid, but people are like that in real life I'm afraid.

Well, that's true - but my point is that Magna surely hasn't survived this far into the ZA by being impulsive and doing stupid things. Her story - if true - would seem to suggest she's more likely to take off again rather than cause trouble.

Also, by 'cliché' I meant more in the context of other stories rather than TWD - like superhero comics - although the governor was kind of left for dead by Michonne and turned up again to cause havoc.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Well, that's true - but my point is that Magna surely hasn't survived this far into the ZA by being impulsive and doing stupid things. Her story - if true - would seem to suggest she's more likely to take off again rather than cause trouble.
Also, by 'cliché' I meant more in the context of other stories rather than TWD - like superhero comics - although the governor was kind of left for dead by Michonne and turned up again to cause havoc.

It seems to me that Magna has managed to survive on her first instinct so far. Her first instinct just happens to be the wrong one in this case. I don't think she will take off from the place though, because they've been on the road for the most part of three years I reckon and now they've finally come to this paradise, a chance for a new life, they won't go back to eating twigs and running from the undead.

Gotcha now. I think TWD has managed to successfully avoid this trope though, and even though they do slightly touch upon it (the Governor like you said) it doesn't really feel like that is what happened. Realistically the Governor wouldn't have been able to recover from his injuries, but if they did go the realistic aspect of his torture Michonne would either have had to kill him (which wouldn't be a bad thing but we would have a completely different comic if he died that early) or she tortured him less extremely, which would only be asking for trouble.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

^ what he said. you much more eloquently voiced every opinion i have about the current direction of the book. welcome to the forum!

It seems to me that Magna has managed to survive on her first instinct so far. Her first instinct just happens to be the wrong one in this case. I don't think she will take off from the place though, because they've been on the road for the most part of three years I reckon and now they've finally come to this paradise, a chance for a new life, they won't go back to eating twigs and running from the undead.

Gotcha now. I think TWD has managed to successfully avoid this trope though, and even though they do slightly touch upon it (the Governor like you said) it doesn't really feel like that is what happened. Realistically the Governor wouldn't have been able to recover from his injuries, but if they did go the realistic aspect of his torture Michonne would either have had to kill him (which wouldn't be a bad thing but we would have a completely different comic if he died that early) or she tortured him less extremely, which would only be asking for trouble.

i don't see why magna would ever do anything but take off. She has been offered in every issue since her debut, the entire arrangement was "you can comply or leave", at no point has she asked to leave, she's been pretty clear that she only wants to 'check it out'. i feel more and more that the first panel of this next issue is going to be a nonchalant picture of magna [a 'la rick shooting pete] saying 'bullshit' and then hearing him out. i'd be more shocked by the outcome that seems more likely, her letting him out as a plot device.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

i don't see why magna would ever do anything but take off. She has been offered in every issue since her debut, the entire arrangement was "you can comply or leave", at no point has she asked to leave, she's been pretty clear that she only wants to 'check it out'. i feel more and more that the first panel of this next issue is going to be a nonchalant picture of magna [a 'la rick shooting pete] saying 'bullshit' and then hearing him out. i'd be more shocked by the outcome that seems more likely, her letting him out as a plot device.

The thing is Magna is extremely paranoid and suspicious. She might think her entire group is in danger of getting killed because they "exposed the truth". This latest turn of events can only go two ways: her breaking Negan free or leaving him to rot. A lot of fans lean towards the former (and I'm with them, but it wouldn't be too difficult to believe that she would do such a thing) but if she does buy into Negan's BS, I don't see why Magna would stay in a place where they apparently lock up innocent people and kill their wives (of course thats just my theory of Negan telling them that they "killed" Lucille).

ZombieTribble

ZombieTribble

Infected

• Members

^ what he said. you much more eloquently voiced every opinion i have about the current direction of the book. welcome to the forum!

Thanks! Have been lurking around the forum once in a while for some time, but don't usually get off my behind and post unless I a) have some spare time on my hands (which isn't often) and B) think I have something to contribute ...

Totally agree with you regarding Magna. The thing is, she recognizes that the community is worth something. Surely the only option she has, apart from accepting things as they are or leaving, would be to convince people on the inside that things should change. But if they talk to people, they will surely learn the truth about Negan (actually, I'm surprised that they haven't already heard something if they spoke to other people there). 

It would seem much more interesting - and natural - if Magna comes to provide a challenge to Rick's leadership, *without* doing anything so rash as to set Negan free. In fact, for a while now I've been interested in seeing how Rick will react when people start to question his leadership, looking for change or at least a more democratic way of running things. 

I'm also really interested in seeing the way that the other communities have involved. ASZ/Rick, Hilltop/Gregory, Kingdom/Ezekiel and Sanctuary/Negan all represented different views of how society would be rebuilt. Negan's perspective was clearly unsustainable, and he has fallen - but Dwight's view may still be quite different from Rick's. Gregory has been replaced by Maggie, who was following in Rick's footsteps - but I would bet that she has developed her own view by now. 

I'm hoping that in this arc, we'll get to know where the communities are, without them immediately having to face a major crisis. 

Jimmy Monk

Jimmy Monk

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBehind You

Another Rick vs Negan arc.

groan

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Another Rick vs Negan arc.

groan

It's an imaginary arc so it shouldn't matter. Unless you actually read the issue.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!