Issue 129 Review

* * * * * 1 Rick The Walking Dead Reviews Horny Carl Anna Andrea 129 ThatEpicBeast U Know is the best You know it

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

DAMN, Discuss y'all!!!  

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Very solid issue. Only thing I don't like is Rick being angry but that guy almost got them killed by missing the walkers so it's kind of justified.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Just like that this comic is becoming predictible..

So far i called the time jump....half of us called magna find Negan and MAYBE freeing him.....when someone tells you it's a jail....don't go in!!

negatives....Rick failing to tell them about Negan......Rick flipping the fuck out.....and magna being one. Nosey bitch..( but i blame that on Rick.)

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Just like that this comic is becoming predictible..

So far i called the time jump....half of us called magna find Negan and MAYBE freeing him.....when someone tells you it's a jail....don't go in!!

negatives....Rick failing to tell them about Negan......Rick flipping the fuck out.....and magna being one. Nosey bitch..( but i blame that on Rick.)

Dude, Rick flipped the shit out from inside rectum to his damn mouth!  It seriously reminded me what happened at the end of Issue 70, right?  When Heath mentions Davidson and Douglas is like, "Imma slap dat bitch ass of yours" and was originally supposed to hit Heath, but instead just held him by his shirt?  Ahh, that was SO 50 issues ago! :D    P.S., you like them tags [for this topic], tho?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Dude, Rick flipped the shit out from inside rectum to his damn mouth! It seriously reminded me what happened at the end of Issue 70, right? When Heath mentions Davidson and Douglas is like, "Imma slap dat bitch ass of yours" and was originally supposed to hit Heath, but instead just held him by his shirt? Ahh, that was SO 50 issues ago! :D P.S., you like them tags [for this topic], tho?

Lol.what?

Also another note...Rick isn't as badass as he use to be...they keep showing how bad shape Rick is in....they keep foreshadowing this.

akontura11890

akontura11890

S-mart Employee

• Members
I don't get why he is in such bad shape? I understand it's been two years, but isn't that enough time for his leg to properly heal? They act like hes eligible for pension right now lol just two years before he's leading a army against negan haha. Also too predictable about the whole magna finding negan/negan begging to be freed on the account rick and his ppl are animals. Negan is prob gona out his backstory on rick to make him look like the bad guy

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Lol.what?

Also another note...Rick isn't as badass as he use to be...they keep showing how bad shape Rick is in....they keep foreshadowing this.

Yeah, Rick looks like 40s to 50s now.... ew.  Alex is still alive.  Fr. Stokes is alive too.  I hope next issue we get more on the Eusita / Rogene relationship.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Rick is going to kick the bucket soon get ready people.................

This is getting so predictable i think everyone knew when we first met Magma she would end up releasing Negan.

The way this is all mirroring the arrival of Rick and co. to ASZ is pretty weak and I agree it is foreshadowing Ricks death.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Decent issue, I liked most of it excluding one scene.

I'm liking Carl hell of a lot more. Whilst I had my doubts about his relationship with Andrea as a parent, you can tell Andrea was very natural with him. We finally got to see that ho Anna as well, and I wonder what's in the letter? Love note or a dirty pic lol. I really liked Josh as well, but he'll probably be another redshirt.

The Magna scenes were extremely predictable, but I can understand why she went to investigate further. It's really stupid of Rick to leave that door unlocked in the first place. And he's only got himself to blame if Magna frees him. (Which she will I have no doubt).

I was really really pissed off at Rick yelling at that guy. I can understand his and Carl's life was in danger, but he just came across as very unlikeable. He's really a bitter old man now, and whilst I had my doubts about him dying so soon, I will have no problems if he did. Even Carl looked like he knew Rick went too far. And he couldn't even handle a couple of zombies without tripping up over himself. He is not going to last any longer I'm afraid.

Looks like Jesus and Alex are still going out as well. Disappointed Maggie wasn't in this issue but she will be in the next one I'm sure. Overall a decent issue, nothing special.

Looks like the zombies are definitely more of a threat in these upcoming issues. Between that and Magna breaking Negan free, the communities are going to quickly crash down is my bet.

On, and Rick knew about Negan and Carl's conversations it seems. Pretty :D material when he treated Negan like a dog, but like all wild dogs this one is going to bite back and he deserves what's coming to him for sparing him and practically gloating to him all about his life accomplishments.

Is it just me or are our originals starting to grow more unlikeable, especially after the time jump. Andrea and her unneeded hostile attitude towards Magna, and now Rick with that guy and treating Negan like a dog. Carl seems to be the only one unaffected, in fact I would say he's gotten more likeable. A lot more useful and active than he usually is.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

I don't get why he is in such bad shape? I understand it's been two years, but isn't that enough time for his leg to properly heal? They act like hes eligible for pension right now lol just two years before he's leading a army against negan haha. Also too predictable about the whole magna finding negan/negan begging to be freed on the account rick and his ppl are animals. Negan is prob gona out his backstory on rick to make him look like the bad guy

Yeah, the thing about Rick's leg was back in 126, when Harlan tells Rick if his leg isn't treated in time, he might lose it or something, but Rick wanted Negan to stay alive so he can have jail time, but look where that got us....

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Looks like Jesus and Alex are still going out as well. Disappointed Maggie wasn't in this issue but she will be in the next one I'm sure. Overall a decent issue, nothing special.

Yeah.... I wanted a Jeron or Aasus relationship, tho....  and Maggie's on the cover for Issue 132.  But are we REALLY getting 2 issues in October?!

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Rick is going to kick the bucket soon get ready people.................

By bucket, did you mean Negan's shitting bucket?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Yeah.... I wanted a Jeron or Aasus relationship, tho.... and Maggie's on the cover for Issue 132. But are we REALLY getting 2 issues in October?!

It's kinda refreshing Jesus didn't hook up with Aaron. Just because they are both gay doesn't mean they have to hook up with one another. Jesus is in a long distance relationship with Alex. Aaron lost Eric, somebody who was really close to him and loved him, and maybe he hasn't moved on from that.

I haven't seen a cover for 132, and I'm not to sure about the 2 issues in October. I never read the letter hacks so if is in that and if Kirkman confirmed it I would suppose so.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

It's kinda refreshing Jesus didn't hook up with Aaron. Just because they are both gay doesn't mean they have to hook up with one another. Jesus is in a long distance relationship with Alex. Arron lost Eric, somebody who was really close to him and loved him, and maybe he hasn't moved on from that.

I haven't seen a cover for 132, and I'm not to sure about the 2 issues in October. I never read the letter hacks so if is in that and if Kirkman confirmed it I would suppose so.

Aaron*

Well, evil commie Sean Mackiewicz was the one to say it, but he's a shit^ so he's probably lying.  Just wondering, since you said you don't read the Letter Hacks, where do you get the issues?  Do you get them but you just don't read the hacks or what?

^ Sean, I love you!!!

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
I liked seeing Negan call Rick out for leaving him alive. What he said pretty much echoed what most of us have been thinking.

I really hope that Kirkman doesn't end up actually having Magna and co. release Negan. Not only would it be a way too predictable/convenient way to get Negan back into the story, but it would make them complete morons, because you'd have to be an idiot to blindly trust a guy locked in a jail. Not that we don't have proof that Magna isn't a complete moron, but still...

Good seeing Angry Rick again. After the last few issues of him pretty much being entirely super-happy isn't-civilization-amazing Rick, I like seeing that that other part of him is still in there.

Why no Eugene/Rosita in this issue? I'm still wondering what's going on with them.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Aaron*

Well, evil commie Sean Mackiewicz was the one to say it, but he's a shit^ so he's probably lying.  Just wondering, since you said you don't read the Letter Hacks, where do you get the issues?  Do you get them but you just don't read the hacks or what?^ Sean, I love you!!!

Sweet Jesus, just because I mistyped it (or autocorrect, since I type on my ipad) don't point it out in huge capital letters :P Plus I spelt it right the first time, so I do know how to spell Aaron.

I get the issues, but more often than not I don't read the letter hacks. I do sometimes, but I couldn't be bothered with it today.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I really hope that Kirkman doesn't end up actually having Magna and co. release Negan. Not only would it be a way too predictable/convenient way to get Negan back into the story, but it would make them complete morons, because you'd have to be an idiot to blindly trust a guy locked in a jail. Not that we don't have proof that Magna isn't a complete moron, but still....

Sorry for the double post here, but imagine if somebody else snooped about in Woodbury and found Rick, Michonne and Glenn captured. Woodbury looked perfect from the outside excluding the arena fights. Would we call them morons if they freed our heroes? Most likely not, so Magna is in that same position. She doesn't know anything about Rick, so Negan could be right.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Sorry for the double post here, but imagine if somebody else snooped about in Woodbury and found Rick, Michonne and Glenn captured. Woodbury looked perfect from the outside excluding the arena fights. Would we call them morons if they freed our heroes? Most likely not, so Magna is in that same position. She doesn't know anything about Rick, so Negan could be right.

Except that Rick openly told them he has a jail with a lifer in it, and the Governor had no sign of having a jail.

Hasn't been mentioned, but the two patrolmen will have a major impact on things. I'm thinking because they are so far off from their posts, it causes an unexpected herd right as Negan breaks loose.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Except that Rick openly told them he has a jail with a lifer in it, and the Governor had no sign of having a jail.
Hasn't been mentioned, but the two patrolmen will have a major impact on things. I'm thinking because they are so far off from their posts, it causes an unexpected herd right as Negan breaks loose.

He saw Magna looking at the place. She actually confronted him about it, and he said it was a jail. He could have been lying for all she knew. I do agree though it could have been executed better to make her less dumb, but she doesn't have the knowledge we the readers have.

And I agree. That's what is going to cause the communities to collapse. Kinda a shame because I was so looking forward to this chapter in TwD but it just seems to be breezing by without all the build up towards it.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
It feels like this is going to be a slow boil story. I don't think magna is going to just up and free negan, at least not yet. I think we're going to get a quiddich World Cup type event and then it's all going to hell but I don't think we'll see it until next year at the earliest. I like how many balls we have in the air though, I just hope they can keep the pacing tight and move everyone along. And I REALY want to see michone and the kingdom!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

It feels like this is going to be a slow boil story. I don't think magna is going to just up and free negan, at least not yet. I think we're going to get a quiddich World Cup type event and then it's all going to hell but I don't think we'll see it until next year at the earliest. I like how many balls we have in the air though, I just hope they can keep the pacing tight and move everyone along. And I REALY want to see michone and the kingdom!

I thought it would be slow build as well, but with the inclusion of the herds it seems like we are going straight into a storyline similar to the TV show. They dealt with the illness, which left them unprepared for a threat (the Governor) that they didn't see coming. Now it looks like they are dealing with thousands of zombies, and are going to be unprepared for Negan breaking free and causing havoc upon them.

And I'm with you. I'm more interested to see other original characters than Rick. I'm actually hating him now, and that's not a good thing.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

This was by far my favourite issue of the last 3, there wasn't anything I didn't like about it except maybe the predictable Magna/Negan thing which while predictable is still interesting.

Main point for me was Rick going batshit crazy on that poor guy, hitting him with his cane like a crazy old man chasing youths from his doorstep 'God dang YOUTHS'. I do think Rick is going to die, hes cant effectively take out a walker anymore (loved that he still has his little axe).

Liked all the dialogue with Carl, with Rick, Anna and that kid who he gave his whittling work too whose name I have no fucking clue of. While Carl looks stupid now I still like him.

Loved seeing Negan talk to someone other than Carl, and Rick just humiliating him further by saying hed 'neutered him like a dog' and calling him a 'pathetic sack of shit'.

Those two guys are fucking idiots, now they've lost another horse! They deserve to die they are complete morons, why did he jump off but not make any effort to secure it considering they've already lost one.

Be interesting to see what story Negan weaves to get himself freed, I like that hes still razor sharp, hes been locked down there for 2 years but was ready to seize his opportunity as soon as it reared its head.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Oh god, too many good Negan moments to color.

:0

I will have my work cut out for me for a while now, hehe.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Be interesting to see what story Negan weaves to get himself freed, I like that hes still razor sharp, hes been locked down there for 2 years but was ready to seize his opportunity as soon as it reared its head.

I think he was waiting for an opportunity all along, and Magna and her cronies were pretty loud, and Magna said something didn't feel right about the place. Negan probably put two and two together, figured she was a newcomer, and jumped at his chance to escape.

I think he's going to say they killed his wife Lucille, tortured and locked him up for two years and that's it really. Wouldn't take much to convince them, especially because Magna has doubts about Alexandria.

I just reread and I don't blame Rick for going off the handle, but he went too far with it. He's becoming Rick the dick to me now, I just can't be dealing with his over the top anger issues.

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh

If their only basis for freeing Negan is "because he says so", then yes, they'd have to be pretty stupid to do it, given that one would expect a prisoner in for life to say anything in order to get free. Add in the fact that Negan doesn't appear to have been mistreated and that Rick was open about the jail and didn't try to hide it (both of which don't apply to your hypothetical Woodbury scenario) and they have absolutely no reason to believe anything he says.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!