Buckaroo Murder File

- - - - - Nailbiter Williamson

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Right now I think it is Carroll or Raleigh Woods, but that'll change, probably several times.

I thought it might be helpful to keep some notes, start our own murder file and see if our combined intelligence can outsmart the creators.

Carroll might be a little too easy - guy goes to investigate serial killer town and goes mad -- but it can't be written off. He is unaccounted for and would have no problem killing locals (unlike Warren)

Raleigh is the only one I can think of with motivation. I know serial killers aren't typically motivated like regular killers, but he could profit quite a bit if there was another killer, especially if he wanted to bring some Killer Con there. I could even speculate further that through some weird science (bees, anyone) inspired / created the other butchers to (a) be the best serial killer of them all, wielding people like weapons, or (B) to offset the stigma of being the grandson of a serial killer - seems pretty thin, but it's the best I got right now.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

The Buckaroo Butchers:

1. Book Burner (Norman Woods) - first butcher; grandfather to Raleigh, owner of the Murder Store. Deceased.
  2. Cross Bones Killer - no info
  3. Silent Movie Killer - no info
  4. Terrible Two - no info
  5. Terrible Two - no info (wasn't sure if this should be two entries or not?)
  6. Blonde - no info
  7. Y2K Killer - deceased; active 1999-2000
  8. Gravedigger (Diggins) - uncle to Garth Diggins
  9. Nailbiter (Edward Warren) - most recent butcher; prom date to Sheriff Crane

That leaves 7 or 8 more, depending on how to count the twins.

Knowing their active years would be good, but we only have that for the Y2K killer. I wonder how many of them would have been alive at any given time, and so have encountered some similar environmental or social catalyst.

We only know the first and last. The pictures do not show any signs of being from an era so it is hard to place the rest. We can guess that the Gravedigger, if alive is at least older than the mortician.

In addition to the Book Burner and Y2K killer, many of them are dead. I'm guessing we find out next issue. And maybe some more family connections.

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

AWESOME Dream !

I to have thought Carroll might be the one........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

The Buckaroo Butchers:

1. Book Burner (Norman Woods) - first butcher, killed 5 people in two different acts; grandfather to Raleigh, owner of the Murder Store. Deceased.
  3. Silent Movie Killer - no info
  4. Terrible Two - no info
  5. Terrible Two - no info (wasn't sure if this should be two entries or not?)
  6. Blonde - no info
  7. Y2K Killer - deceased; active 1999-2000
  8. Gravedigger (Diggins) - uncle to Garth Diggins
  9. WTF Killer (name unkown) - around the same age as Warren (judging by the current look of his older sister in therapy); artist, educated 
  10. Nailbiter (Edward Warren) - most recent butcher; prom date to Sheriff Crane

6 or 7 left to go.

We're not too sure how old Warren and Crane are (are we?), but the WTF killer and Y2K killer could all have been in the same age group, and so have interacted.

Warren was the one who made them famous. There could be something there, especially if you go with the theory that Raleigh is behind everything. He could have made a few attempts in a few years, and Warren is the one who took. But I am getting way ahead of myself. We still don't know half the town and Raleigh could end up dead next issue.

I feel like I should go back and re-read the first three, now that I am trying to keep track of the facts. I find it highly unlikely that the town is in fact cursed and think there will be some logical explanation at the end, no matter the weird science and scooby-doo magic along the way.

Suspects:

Alice - she's just a creepy girl, and smart

Raleigh - he's got the most to gain.  

Carrol - I can't take him off the list just yet. This could be a huge misdirect and he did that to himself because he's lost his mind. I only leave him in the running because whoever is doing this is orchestrating, not acting, so they don't really need limbs.

Anything to add?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

After reading 4 we can count out Carrol ..............What an ending. It reminded me of Sin City when Marv cuts up Kevin.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Great issue this week! Nailbiter is the only thing we are covering on UtCC tonight - write in if you have time!! feedback@utccovers.com

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

What a great comic this has become.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

I've been crazy busy lately and wasn't able to update after the last issue, but I am leaning towards a family member of Crane's at this point. It is someone who Warren knows and can recognize based on body shape and the eyes. It is someone who wants Crane and Finch to make it out safely, hence sending Warren after them. This person did not talk. Since Warren already knows who it is, they can't be worried about his recognition of their voice, and Crane and FInch were the only others in hearing distance. Further, if it were her father (the person was quite large so I'm going with a man), they would be the right age to span a large number of the serial killers. There was something else, but I can't remember right now, but after the last issue I strongly suspected the killer had some close ties to Crane.

That being said, I am very often wrong.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

My store was missing a box out of their order so I wasn't able to pick this up yesterday. Or the Walking Dead, or Uber, or pretty much everything else in my file. :( But hopefully it will be there tonight so I can send a letter in. How was the issue?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

My store was missing a box out of their order so I wasn't able to pick this up yesterday. Or the Walking Dead, or Uber, or pretty much everything else in my file. :( But hopefully it will be there tonight so I can send a letter in. How was the issue?

It was a strange issue not much new information given.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

I had the chance to re-read everything over the weekend and wanted to update again. It going to a long one, or maybe two posts.

Here are the Butchers we have so far:

1. Book Burner (Norman Woods) - first butcher, killed 5 people in two different acts; grandfather to Raleigh, owner of the Murder Store. Deceased.
  3. Silent Movie Killer – (Walter Grant)
  4. Terrible Two - no info (wasn't sure if this should be two entries or not?)
  5. Blonde – (Lauren); killed 32 men; about 7 years older than Warren.
  6. Y2K Killer - deceased; active 1999-2000
  7. Gravedigger (Diggins) - uncle to Garth Diggins
  8. WTF Killer (name unkown) - around the same age as Warren (judging by the current look of his older sister in therapy); artist, educated 
  9. Nailbiter (Edward Warren) - most recent butcher; prom date to Sheriff Crane; killed between 45 and 63 people
  10. Whistler – brother Adam
  11. Mr. Fatal – (Billy) never caught; 40 dead; about 18 years older than Warren
  12. Lucha Eliminador – no info

And maybe Grandaddy-Bee was one, but his grandson gets taken out by the swarm before finishing his sentence. Could he be Mr. Fatal, who was never caught?

Something I missed in issue 4: Before Robbie kills himself he says “They told us…”, so there is more than one person involved in cultivating Buckeroo’s Butchers. Other people, when confronted by the gloved hands of who I am guessing is the Leather Goat (although I wonder if he just saves that for special, murder-y, arson parties and really walks around in a rain slicker the rest of the time), also refer to the people behind this or Master, implying this is bigger than just one person.

Issue 5:

• The fame started with Warren, and after the fight with the Leather Goat he mentions that “he’s the star”. Something about this sticks out to me, like maybe he was intended to be famous or he is the culmination of various attempts, and whatever he is, he knows it.
  • I think it’s important that the Leather Goat did not talk to Warren when Warren so obviously knows who he is. So maybe he didn’t want Crane or Finch to hear him, and since Finch is an outsider, it must be Crane who would have recognized the voice. This could be nothing because she would know most of the people in town anyway.
  • Warren has not interacted with Leather Goat since his return to town, and almost seems hurt (maybe annoyed) by this. He also implies this is a person who likes to play behind the scenes.

Issue 6: Nothing to say here, except I thought it was interesting Crane told Alice she reminded her of a friend in her youth. So Alice looks like mommy but acts like daddy. I don’t think this in any way implies that Alice is a now or future Butcher, more just to reinforce the speculation on her true parentage. (But if Crane is her mother, why leave her with such ridiculous white trash?)

Issue 7: There was more here than I thought on my first read through.

• It would be great if someone could insert a capture of the interview scene. I’d like to keep track of which of those people we see again. I think the WTF killer’s sister was one of the people in there.
  • Warren tells Bendis about a few town sites: the Murder Store, the serial killer graveyard, and the CRAZY CHURCH. I don’t think we’ve been there yet, but wasn’t Carroll standing near a church when he phoned Finch at the beginning. I'm terrible with captures, but that page would be another good one to come back to I think.
  • It was mentioned in one of the earlier issues that Warren had been advanced on a book. In this issue he mentions to Bendis that he is experiencing “writer’s block”. Could this just be because what happens in Buckeroo stays in Buckeroo, and Warren knows that?
  • The old blood marking looks very much like the Leather Goat mask. And I don’t know if it will be important, but the new blood depicted a lynching of sorts, something we have seen before as well.
  • Should we be wondering why Crane was down in the tunnels (which seem to go all the way under the town) by herself? After reading issue 9 I see she is investigating on her time off and she reports back to Finch, so I'm not sure. I don't think she's responsible, but I think she is withholding information.
  • How far in the future is that Bendis signing, because our Grandmaster is unknown and at large for at least that long.

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Issue 8: I don’t have too much to add, but this issue felt important so I must be missing some things.

• The bees started dropping dead for some unknown reason. I really don’t think there are supernatural elements at work, so it must be environmental (maybe some weird pollution is killing bees and making people murder-y) which I find unlikely; or the same force is acting on both of them. Maybe in the same way serial killers practice on animals when they are young, this person struck at the heart and economy of the town. (Equally a large stretch). Maybe there is no relation at all, but it just feels so connected.
  • Bees are a predator that will sacrifice itself to protect its home. This would be apt, expect whoever our Grandmaster is is sacrificing many others, and protecting the town may not be their goal.

Issue 9: again, not much to say. There was some info on a couple Butchers and their relative ages to Warren, so I have added that in above.

• What was Warren doing in Crane’s house?
  • I'm guessing the tunnels were used to quickly clean up the bees and bodies. Maybe there is an entrance from basement?

And just one other thing: We are being led to believe that someone is cultivating Butchers, but this does not mean they are responsible for all of them. I still want more of their active timelines. It seems that the Whistler, the WTF Killer, the Blonde, the Y2K killer, and Warren were all active within a 10-15 year period. How many others fall into this window? Maybe it was all a coincidence until someone noticed and decided to capitalize? Or maybe there is a murder-death cult going back to whenever the skull was painted on the wall.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

OMG you are a genius Dream !!!

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

An update to what we know about the butchers:

1.    Book Burner (Norman Woods) - first butcher, killed 5 people in two different acts; grandfather to Raleigh, owner of the Murder Store. Deceased.

2.    Cross Bones Killer - no info

3.    Silent Movie Killer – (Walter Grant)

4.    Terrible Two - no info (wasn't sure if this should be two entries or not?)

5.    Blonde – (Lauren); killed 32 men; about 7 years older than Warren.

6.    Y2K Killer - deceased; active 1999-2000

7.    Gravedigger (Diggins) - uncle to Garth Diggins

8.    WTF Killer (name unkown) - around the same age as Warren (judging by the current look of his older sister in therapy); artist, educated 

9.    Nailbiter (Edward Warren) - most recent butcher; prom date to Sheriff Crane; killed between 45 and 63 people

10.  Whistler – brother Adam

11.  Mr. Fatal – (Billy) never caught; 40 dead; about 18 years older than Warren

12.  Lucha Eliminador – (Pedro Miramontes) dead; business partner to Raleigh and friend of Warren; seems older than Warren; killed by Cassie Hack (in cameo appearance); active before Warren, or possible with some overlap

13.  What if Killer – (name unknown) same age as Warren; active at roughly the same time as Warren, maybe slightly sooner start

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Issue 10: I couldn't see too many clues in this issue. We should probably note the temple and that it belonged to the Book Burners family. 

Hack/Slash crossover: This issue gave us a lot more to think about:

In addtion to learning more about Eliminador and getting a new butcher:

• What was with the Rising Star comment? He's called himself a star before, so this just further makes it feel like Warren was meant to put Buckaroo on the map.
  • This gives us two reasons why he could be working to keep Buckaroo's secret - first he could simply be saving the fame for himself, or (and I think this is more likely) he is trying to keep the secret of what makes them killers.
  • And since he is trying to figure out what they know, that implies they don't all know as much as him. Is someone turning the children of Buckaroo into killers without them knowing it is happening? And how? And what does Warren have to do with it? (What if it turned out he only killed other people from Buckaroo who were also burgeoning serial killers, all to put an end to the madness - that would be the Disney ending where all our favourite characters end up being good guys)
  • I'm very curious about this community of killers that's out there. The What If killer mentions coming across other Butchers in his travels, and Warren is friends with Eliminador. I would love to know more about this. It is beginning to look like many of the Butchers were active at the same time. It also makes me wonder how many we don't know about. Especially since Warren is killing them, presumably before they get caught.
  • What was with Warren telling Cassie his friends call him Warren, and then when we meet a 'friend' of his, he calls him Edward? I'm going to be very sensitive to how people address him going forward.
  • Eliminador was aware of the tunnels, and thought he discovered them. What is with these damn tunnels?
  • How much should we read into (was his name) Hank being strung up like Eliminador? I think it unlikely that Cassie will play into the larger story, so maybe it was someone who saw it before Raleigh took him down and called the police? But then who would that be a message to if only limited people saw him up like that?

And does anyone know who that was in the trunk?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!