Did Carol Really See The Prison Fall?

- - - - -

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

so im watching the marathon this weekend and there is something i am having trouble with. when carol and tyrese run into each other again and tyrese is asking her where she was when the prison fell she told him she had been out looking for goods and had made it back to only see the prison fall.....we know that the first part is a lie but did she see the prison fall? she kinda seemed like she was being honest about that part. like she had tried going back to ask for forgiveness or something and ran away because when she got there it was being attacked. idk

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
She said she saw it fall, she had no reason to lie about that part. I think she came back to pick up Lizzie and Mica, and maybe Daryl, because they were her family and she wouldn't leave without them. Plus if Rick didn't tell anyone about banishing her, she might have felt that she could persuade him to be quite about it. Of course, if she pulled that stunt Rick wouldn't believe her in the first place and would have outed her right there and then.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i just wasnt sure because the part about her being out still looking was a lie and i am pretty sure the part about her seeing them run into the woods was a lie too because she looked pretty shocked.....i really love carol in the show....and i disliked her in the comic.....kinda the opposite of andrea lol

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

i just wasnt sure because the part about her being out still looking was a lie and i am pretty sure the part about her seeing them run into the woods was a lie too because she looked pretty shocked.....i really love carol in the show....and i disliked her in the comic.....kinda the opposite of andrea lol

I don't think it was a lie. It did seem suspicious that she didn't immediately catch up to Tyreese and Lizzie/Mica, but she could have been held back by some sort of obstacle, thus her miracle appearance when she saved Judith from her near death.

I actually liked comic!Carol a lot. I won't post information about her but I sympathised with her a lot with all the shit she went through. In fact, I would even say I liked her better than TV!Carol, because TV!Carol annoyed me extremely in season2 and still has a few moments of that shining through, whilst with comic!Carol I liked her all the way.

Agreed on Andrea, but lately to me comic!Andrea is getting a bit stale and bitchy.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i didnt like carol the first few seasons either but after sophia died i really started to like her..... not quite sure why that is because i missed sophia greatly when she died. :angel:  :angel:

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

i didnt like carol the first few seasons either but after sophia died i really started to like her..... not quite sure why that is because i missed sophia greatly when she died. :angel:  :angel:

Carol stepped up for me in season3. She was a lot more productive, useful and active within the group than she was in the previous two seasons. Carrying around a grenade that could accidentally explode and harm others (granted it did save them). Hardly doing anything to look for Sophia but instead making breakfast whilst Rick, Daryl, Andrea, the rest slaved away looking for her. Blaming Rick for Sophia's disappearance. Not turning up at Sophia's funeral. Not trying to help Andrea in the finale (she saw Andrea shoot the zombie which fell on her, but she ran away like the coward she was).

She's definitely more interesting now, but she can also be cold and ruthless, which is a very ugly aspect to have IMO. She thinks she can play God, and wasn't prepared to deal with the consequences of such actions. She also choose the easy way out in telling Tyreese about Karen and David, after killing Lizzie. She did what she needed to do, but I think she should have confessed to Tyreese immediately, especially when he started to beat up Rick. That came across as very sneaky and sly, and I hate those kind of people. Don't get me wrong I like her, but she's definitely a very controversial and flawed character which I think the cast needs more of.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

like i said after sophia died i started to love her. she really changed when she lost her daughter. she became a stronger survivor. she was just changed somehow. its sad that it took her daughter dying for her to get with it but sometimes i guess it takes all kinds of shit. i mean morgan lost his son because he couldnt kill his zombie wife.

ok i gtg ricks about to rip out this guys throat

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

she told him she had been out looking for goods and had made it back to only see the prison fall.....we know that the first part is a lie but did she see the prison fall? she kinda seemed like she was being honest about that part. like she had tried going back to ask for forgiveness or something and ran away because when she got there it was being attacked. idk

Carol most likely heard the battle. A M60 Patton tank firing can be heard for about 20 miles depending on the terrain.

By the time she had got there, she saw walkers everywhere with random people and vehicles fleeing the area.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Carol most likely heard the battle. A M60 Patton tank firing can be heard for about 20 miles depending on the terrain.
By the time she had got there, she saw walkers everywhere with random people and vehicles fleeing the area.

Plus, like she said to Tyreese:

"We can't go back to a graveyard".

That said, I think Carol would have been the last person to have seen the prison (depending on where Glenn and Tara are at this point). Like BigEd said, she would have more than likely heard it if she didn't see it if I'm wrong on that area.

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

Up until watching the marathon this weekend, I totally forgot that Carol was in the courtyard area with Tyreese, Daryl and Rick.  I'm with Shooter on this one, she absolutely should have confessed right then and there.  There were several stumbles for Carol this season.  Another one that bothered me was her telling Carl to lie to his dad about what "story time" was really about.  Mmmm....I had another one a minute ago and now it's gone.  Dang!  

Anyway, I don't think she lied about seeing the prison fall.  I also think that perhaps Carol was following Tyreese and girls at a safe distance because she didn't know if Rick had had time to tell Tyreese that it was her that killed Karen.  I think once the girls were in imminent danger she had to step in and help no matter the consequences at that point.

It's going to be interesting to see how all the decisions she made and things she had to do last season will change her character.  She really seems to be a character that evolves more than others.  

And to Nerdy Girl, I've had the same discussion with Shooter.  I'm a much bigger fan of TV Carol vs. Comic Carol!  

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Up until watching the marathon this weekend, I totally forgot that Carol was in the courtyard area with Tyreese, Daryl and Rick.  I'm with Shooter on this one, she absolutely should have confessed right then and there.  There were several stumbles for Carol this season.  Another one that bothered me was her telling Carl to lie to his dad about what "story time" was really about.  Mmmm....I had another one a minute ago and now it's gone.  Dang!  

Anyway, I don't think she lied about seeing the prison fall.  I also think that perhaps Carol was following Tyreese and girls at a safe distance because she didn't know if Rick had had time to tell Tyreese that it was her that killed Karen.  I think once the girls were in imminent danger she had to step in and help no matter the consequences at that point.

It's going to be interesting to see how all the decisions she made and things she had to do last season will change her character.  She really seems to be a character that evolves more than others.  

And to Nerdy Girl, I've had the same discussion with Shooter.  I'm a much bigger fan of TV Carol vs. Comic Carol!

You know Dani, I never thought about Carol slowly following them in case Rick had told Tyreese. I just figured she had to face several obstacles on her way haha.

Don't get me wrong, I love TV!Carol now. She's totally went against my expectations and she is played by a great actress. But she has done questionable things in the past, and I've never really forgotten how she made me pissed off in the first couple of seasons. That's why I like her better in the comics lol, plus I feel sorry for her a lot more. But that's just me.

Fenriradra

Fenriradra

Infected

• Members

Comic Carol is just ... more of a wuss, in plenty of ways, she was pretty difficult to identify with, or empathize for, for me.

TV Carol on the other hand, really evokes a lot of empathy - she has enough of a train of logic behind her actions that you can't help but see her anger & frustration at the things the post-ZA world has pushed her to do, and empathize with that.  These are things Comic Carol could never really accomplish.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Carol didn't know if Ty knew about her killing people. He was just in a battle the last thing i would want to do is find somebody that might kill me because of something terrible i did...still in battle mode i think.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i can't express enough how much i love carol (and the actress who plays her).

however i would like to correct myself.....i started to like carol when daryl started to like her. i have been favorable to daryl since the first episode i saw him in ( i have been a big fan of reeds for years so its hard not to like every character he portrays).......but than this strange thing happened after rick shot zombie sophia.....carol became stronger and tougher and i started to just fall in love with her. she became someone i looked up to. someone who would never go back to Ed and be abused and weak. i just love her. 

carol is just so complex.....theres SO much to her character. i think its wrong she killed karen and david (was that his name?) but she did it to protect the group. i personally don't think they were going to make it til the others got back with the meds so i think she did what (at the moment) she felt like she needed to do.

did she NEED to kill lizzy? NO but if she didn't do that than FOR SURE ty judith and her would have all died too. i mean at least she can MAKE a hard decision which is more then some people seem to be able to do (not speaking about anyone particular)

all I'm saying is if i was in her situation it would be difficult to sit around and watch everyone i love get infected and not even try to do anything to help. also to me (the big lori lover) judith and the other children should be #1 and protecting them should be important to everyone.....if i felt they were at risk i would end who ever was putting their lives at risk.

as far as her teaching the kids about weapons .......those are the times they live in. like honestly it sucks and i guess i can see why some people wouldn't want their children to know but i don't think carol was saying "lets arm our children with weapons" she was just showing them how to use the weapons in case of emergency ......BTW THIS WORKED BECAUSE LIZZIE SAVED TYS LIFE! no one was even able to watch the kids during the attack.....what if the governors men had tried capturing mika and lizzie and tried to hurt them somehow (sick men do sick things) also its not that far fetched......didnt the gov make out with his zombie daughter in the comic? 

she shouldn't have done it with out permission or consulting anyone else that was wrong. if rick had said no she should have argued and tried over and over to convince him he was wrong. but her intentions were good. her heart was in the right place. she did what she did in part to protect ricks children because she wasn't able to protect her own......and now she's the one caring for judith. i hope rick forgives her and they can move on because maybe carol made mistakes......so has rick.....he almost went nuts with guilt over killing shane and lori being dead (after he treated her like shit).......theres just so much to be said on this .......

sorry for poor spelling and grammar

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!