Rick/maggie Ship

* * * * * 1 Rick and Maggie potential couple love shipping

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I feel the same way about Richonne. Not gonna lie, I would be a tad bit disappointed if the writers dangled that carrot in front of the audience since the episode "Clear" to have Rick end up with someone else. Michonne has been more caring and supportive of the Grimes family than the other characters. Other than her Daryl has also been really supportive of Rick and Carl.

I would be more inclined to like Magick as an alternative to Richonne if Maggie was a surrogate mother to Judith. Similar to how Michonne is with Carl. But Maggie has no relationship with anyone else outside Glenn. For goodness sakes she doesn't even have a close relationship with her little sister anymore. Not after the events of 4B anyway...

I do think Maggie is being groomed as a sniper, but if any female character gets to have a romance with Rick it should be Michonne. So far she is the closest to him, even if its only platonic.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I feel the same way about Richonne. Not gonna lie, I would be a tad bit disappointed if the writers dangled that carrot in front of the audience since the episode "Clear" to have Rick end up with someone else. Michonne has been more caring and supportive of the Grimes family than the other characters. Other than her Daryl has also been really supportive of Rick and Carl.

I would be more inclined to like Magick as an alternative to Richonne if Maggie was a surrogate mother to Judith. Similar to how Michonne is with Carl. But Maggie has no relationship with anyone else outside Glenn. For goodness sakes she doesn't even have a close relationship with her little sister anymore. Not after the events of 4B anyway...

I do think Maggie is being groomed as a sniper, but if any female character gets to have a romance with Rick it should be Michonne. So far she is the closest to him, even if its only platonic.

I have to disagree on her not being close to her sister. That was more of a writers balls up than anything as we've said multiple times before. The first thing out of Maggie's mouth was that Beth didn't make it to the bus so she didn't know where she was. She knew Glenn was out there (due to the magical tele-portion from bus to the prison) and she had more reason to try and look for him than Beth. And remember, she had little to no sleep, was exhausted, stressed out, her dad had been decapitated in front of her, home had been destroyed etc.

Also, she seeked out Beth for comfort when Hershel and Glenn were in the quarantine zone. She also all but threw Beth into the bus when the tank rolled over the fences. I agree there should have been a scene where she confided in Sasha about her fears in regards of Beth, but what done is done. You can't say she isn't close to her sister, it was the writer's fault.

As for Rick/Michonne, I've said many times I don't mind it happening. But to me, I just feel they work better as partners than lovers. Sure, Michonne is close with Carl, but she's hardly interacted with Judith at all (understandable due to her own past). The only person who ever has is Beth, and all feelings for her aside I do not want a Rick/Beth relationship ever. She's too immature for something like that, and I'll have to say it would probably be worse than a Daryl/Beth relationship

In the comics, it looked that way, then

Spoiler

With that, and Glenn possibly dying, only adds the fuels to my desire to see Rick/Maggie happen.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I have to disagree on her not being close to her sister. That was more of a writers balls up than anything as we've said multiple times before. The first thing out of Maggie's mouth was that Beth didn't make it to the bus so she didn't know where she was. She knew Glenn was out there (due to the magical tele-portion from bus to the prison) and she had more reason to try and look for him than Beth. And remember, she had little to no sleep, was exhausted, stressed out, her dad had been decapitated in front of her, home had been destroyed etc.

Also, she seeked out Beth for comfort when Hershel and Glenn were in the quarantine zone. She also all but threw Beth into the bus when the tank rolled over the fences. I agree there should have been a scene where she confided in Sasha about her fears in regards of Beth, but what done is done. You can't say she isn't close to her sister, it was the writer's fault.

As for Rick/Michonne, I've said many times I don't mind it happening. But to me, I just feel they work better as partners than lovers. Sure, Michonne is close with Carl, but she's hardly interacted with Judith at all (understandable due to her own past). The only person who ever has is Beth, and all feelings for her aside I do not want a Rick/Beth relationship ever. She's too immature for something like that, and I'll have to say it would probably be worse than a Daryl/Beth relationship

In the comics, it looked that way, then

Spoiler

With that, and Glenn possibly dying, only adds the fuels to my desire to see Rick/Maggie happen.

You sound angry at me WS lol :angry2:

Ok. Fair enough about the writers being more to blame than Maggie. A small change in the script could have fixed that. I think the reunion with Beth will change my whole feelings on that error in 4B. I'd like to see these two sisters bonding more after the death of Hershel.

Ewww...Rick and Beth. That would be so gross. I didn't imply that Beth would be a suitable mate for Rick. But the one thing that Beth and Michonne has that Maggie does not have yet is experience with children. You have to admit that any partner for Rick has to be good with kids. I imagine the way to Rick's heart is through his children.

I'm not totally against this pairing WS, but its hard for me to picture it because of the way Maggie is being written so far. I'm also not sure why the writers made her do the C-section on Lori if they don't plan to make her form any attachment Judith? That still remains a mystery to me. Sort of like an unsolved part of Maggie's character development.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I'm so sorry BobMarley. Looking back at the past I did sound hostile and I apologise for that :) It wasn't intended in the slightest. I think it's my style of writing when I'm disagreeing lol.

Yeah it is more of the writers to blame than anything. I am looking forward to the reunion as well just as much as the Grimes family because it'll make Maggie happy.

Yeah that was more of a joke than anything, because I remember back in season3 there was lots of speculations that these two would become a couple because she kissed him on the cheek haha. Beth does look after Judith more so than Rick at times, and I do agree a partner who works well with his children is his perfect partner (or as close as you can get. Michonne and her bond with Carl is a fantastic example).

Yeah it's left me wondering these days why was it Maggie who was the one who delivered Judith. Now I know in real life things don't go always as you expect, but this is a TV show. It sounds like it got left in the cutting room floor, or maybe it's in the cards for the future, who knows?

Again, I apologise for sounding angry haha. I didn't meant to but it did look like I came across that way lol.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I'm so sorry BobMarley. Looking back at the past I did sound hostile and I apologise for that :) It wasn't intended in the slightest. I think it's my style of writing when I'm disagreeing lol.

Yeah it is more of the writers to blame than anything. I am looking forward to the reunion as well just as much as the Grimes family because it'll make Maggie happy.

Yeah that was more of a joke than anything, because I remember back in season3 there was lots of speculations that these two would become a couple because she kissed him on the cheek haha. Beth does look after Judith more so than Rick at times, and I do agree a partner who works well with his children is his perfect partner (or as close as you can get. Michonne and her bond with Carl is a fantastic example).

Yeah it's left me wondering these days why was it Maggie who was the one who delivered Judith. Now I know in real life things don't go always as you expect, but this is a TV show. It sounds like it got left in the cutting room floor, or maybe it's in the cards for the future, who knows?

Again, I apologise for sounding angry haha. I didn't meant to but it did look like I came across that way lol.

No need to apologize :)

I know you are passionate about this ship. Aren't we all passionate about something we truly want to see happen?

My sentiments exactly. Maybe something was cut out. I think the writers should have made Carol do the C-section on Lori instead. Honestly out of all the women there Maggie should have the strongest bong with Judith. She is the reason Judith is alive.

Only time will tell if Judith eventually becomes significant to Maggie's development. If not, I just think it is a missed opportunity.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

No need to apologize :)

I know you are passionate about this ship. Aren't we all passionate about something we truly want to see happen?

My sentiments exactly. Maybe something was cut out. I think the writers should have made Carol do the C-section on Lori instead. Honestly out of all the women there Maggie should have the strongest bong with Judith. She is the reason Judith is alive.
Only time will tell if Judith eventually becomes significant to Maggie's development. If not, I just think it is a missed opportunity.

I agree. I think in this upcoming season we will see a more diverse route in people looking after Judith (Tyreese for one, since Beth looks like she will be dealing with her own thing). That said, I don't want Tyreese lumbered with her all the time either. Giving Maggie a bond with Judith would have been a great opportunity to expand on her human side and balance out her "cold and ruthless" side when it comes to finishing off her enemies to protect her loved ones.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I'm going to hide those posts. Our spoiler policy is that promo pics, videos and such should remain in the Spoiler forum. We do have members who do not watch the trailers and prefer to speculate without that knowledge.

I know that the pic is not really spoilery, it's just a judgment call because we have to draw the line somewhere. :)

ETA: let me know if you have any questions. :zombiethumbsup:

Spoiler Rules

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

tumblr_mw48fmLIH31r7wse8o4_250.gif

tumblr_mw48fmLIH31r7wse8o5_250.gif

tumblr_mw48fmLIH31r7wse8o6_250.gif

tumblr_inline_mw42kcHFob1qcossd.jpg

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Ooh that last pic actually has them together lol :)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Here you go, Shooter.

http://fuckyeahrickm...ost/73655848450

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Thanks BBL. I don't usually go on tumblr but I'll be changing my mind on this occasion ;)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
http://33.media.tumb...0zo1_r2_250.gif

http://38.media.tumb...f3o7_r1_250.gif

Lol, these are my attempts at uploading gifs. Best I could come up with haha.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
No no no.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

No no no.

Lovely contribution, can you state why? I'm just curious.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
To me they don't even have a spark. Also it would take Maggies a long time to get over glenn who's she's been with for about 2 yrs. I feel Rick would be better off with someone new. I feel the same way about him and Michonne, they are closer pals. I feel she should have been with ty possibly.

I can't see them killing glenn and spending two seasons on building up steam for he and Maggie to get together.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

To me they don't even have a spark. Also it would take Maggies a long time to get over glenn who's she's been with for about 2 yrs. I feel Rick would be better off with someone new. I feel the same way about him and Michonne, they are closer pals. I feel she should have been with ty possibly.
I can't see them killing glenn and spending two seasons on building up steam for he and Maggie to get together.

It's funny how people's opinions differ. I definitely saw a spark between the two, the chemistry was pure sizzling. But each to their own.

Trust me, I would be completely turned off by this pairing if a), they had an affair. The thought of that just makes me go :o and, b: if they hooked up straight after Glenn's death. I can see a long build up to this relationship if I'm being honest. In the comics

Spoiler

I know this pairing has a slim chance of actually happening. But it really doesn't bother me. I actually feel the same way way in regards of Rick/Michonne, those two work better as siblings in all but blood than they would a couple IMO. I think for somebody to be with Rick, they would need to be a companion in his journey for a long time. Maggie and Carol fit that bill, but I think the chance for Rick/Carol sailed the second he banished her. Michonne would also fit in that bill considering what's she done for both him and Carl for over a year. I'm unsure of Sasha though. It's obvious she and Bob are going to become an item, but I can't recall a scene between the pair. Beth is just a no no, for obvious reasons (and trust me, this isn't my undying hatred for her speaking here :P )

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Pure sizzling? lol Funny how people see what they want to see. :P

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Pure sizzling? lol Funny how people see what they want to see. :P

I'll be wearing these rose tinted glasses on then B)

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
How many scenes have her and Rick actually had to where they talked to each other in deep conversation?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

How many scenes have her and Rick actually had to where they talked to each other in deep conversation?

Internment, they worked liked a team and talked on their breaks. Other than that, asides from a few touches here, a glance here and a word here and there, that's it.

To me, that actually illustrates a big problem I have with this show. They are almost afraid of lending people out of their social circles and comfort zones. Rick as a leader should be having more scenes outside of Daryl, Michonne and Carl, and Hershel, before he died. Season4 I believe was meant to be the break from that, and for the most part they did have the characters break free (Daryl/Beth for example) but they never used it to their full potential.

I know for a fact this has the slimmest chance of even happening. I was completely sure that Rick/Andrea would also eventually become a couple and I was baffled when people opposed them even before the season3 hate. But it's fun speculating, and besides, it isn't the weirded pairing I've seen in this fandom (people will pair Daryl up with anybody. And I mean, *anybody*)

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
Let's say Glenn died, I think it would be a good amount of time before she even considered someone else.. And she should grieve for a good time. By that point in the story I think Rick may already be with someone else. Can we get a Rick/Carol ship thread? I mean he expelled her from the group, but underneath it all he seems like he has the hots for her. How about a Rick/Beth ship thread for when she kissed him on the cheek in season 3? Hot couple.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I don't think there's any reason to diss a pairing. People like what they like and people see chemistry where they  want to see it.

I don't see any sizzling chemistry between Rick and Maggie, but they barely interact any way. However the scenes they shared in "Internment" were very good. I enjoyed their team work. It would be really inappropriate if there were sexual or romantic vibes between Rick and Maggie right now. So I personally would not want to see any sizzling chemistry between them when Glenn is still alive and Maggie is happily married to him.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Let's say Glenn died, I think it would be a good amount of time before she even considered someone else.. And she should grieve for a good time. By that point in the story I think Rick may already be with someone else. Can we get a Rick/Carol ship thread? I mean he expelled her from the group, but underneath it all he seems like he has the hots for her. How about a Rick/Beth ship thread for when she kissed him on the cheek in season 3? Hot couple.

Rick and Beth? Yikes. Please no. Rick would not be interested in someone who is 4 years older than his own son. He would be a pervert. Rick and Carol could have happen if not for the banishment. Its hard for me to see Rick developing a romance with someone he will have a hard trusting again. The relationship between Rick and Carol may always be strained because of Sophia and the banishment. If Glenn were to die and Maggie found time to grieve I don't think there would be anything weird or inappropriate if she found love with Rick or somebody else again. Human connection is dire. I think these characters crave human connection because of the world they live in.

So far the only female that comes the closest to having a near possible romance with Rick in the future is Michonne.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Really with those comparisons? I've actually listed out many reasons in how Rick/Maggie would realistically work on the first page. If you want a Rick/Carol or a Rick/Beth ship why don't you make one? I suppose Andrea didn't grieve for

Spoiler

Plus I do get the fact she would need to mourn for a very long time, but there was already suggestions in the comic thread about

Spoiler

I'm not trying to sound negative here or anything but I've got my reasons for supporting the pairing. It's all harmless fun anyway, I don't take it as a life or death scenario. Rick/Carol IMO could have happened if he didn't banish her. In fact I even said on this very page that that pairing shipped the second he sent her off packing. They had a very touching scene in season3 when she reunited with the group but I didn't view it as romantic, but somebody else probably did. Personally whilst I don't see that couple happening at all, I don't mind the fact that people ship them. I'm not even a "shipper" anyway, I just support these two.

And before you bring up the argument of, "but a man and a woman interacting doesn't automatically means = pairing". I know that, it's why I don't want a Rick/Michonne pairing to happen. But I can get behind a Rick/Maggie pairing because I see something that most people don't. It's amazing how people interpret many things in many different ways. Just look at Carol and her actions this season: some people thought she was wrong, some people thought she was right and others were in the middle. I don't see how this is any different.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Rick and Beth? Yikes. Please no. Rick would not be interested in someone who is 4 years older than his own son. Rick would be a pedophile. Rick and Carol could have happen if not for the banishment. Its hard for me to see Rick developing a romance with someone he will have a hard to trusting. The relationship between Rick and Carol may always be strained because of Sophia and the banishment. If Glenn were to die and Maggie found time to grieve I don't think there would be anything weird or inappropriate if she found love with Rick or somebody else. Human connection is dire. I think these characters crave human connection because of the world they live in.

So the only female that comes the closest to having a near possible romance with Rick in the future is Michonne.

Idk man if you ask me sparks were just flying with that kiss on the cheek.. fireworks. But I was being sarcastic if you couldn't tell, or I just did a bad job of it. Sorry was just messing around, people see what they want to that's all.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!