Rick/maggie Ship

* * * * * 1 Rick and Maggie potential couple love shipping

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

wow so much to respond to but i dont think i can so i will just touch on the areas i remember lol.

1. IF lori holden was supposed to be playing the exact same character as comic andrea than yes she is a miscast. thats not the case....at least to me it is not. to me they are seperate so its not the same person.

2. shooter and i have had this convo i believe but i will always stay firm on this : i ABSOLUTLY support rick and maggie being together but the following would have to happen (1). Glenn would have to absolutly be DEAD. i couldnt bear to watch him watching maggie being happy with someone else.....or vice versa....and i think maggie has enough respect and love for glenn that IF they ever "broke up" i dont think she would be able to do that to glenn and vice versa.....but lets be honest maggie can always get someone else (im sure rick wouldnt be the only man wanting to jump her bones if glenn wasnt around) but i dont think glenn would ever move on from losing her even if she was dead. (2). maggie would have to seriously mourn glenn for extended time....much like rick did lori (both in the comic and in the show) .....and how andrea mourned a certain someone in the comic. heres why :

to me relationships and love in the ZA arent based as much on sex because of the way they have to live so much of the time. its like this :::a GOOD relationship is one built in friendship and trust, longevity all that shit lol......sooooo its like i still feel like rick and maggie need more time to build that friendship ~~~~~~~~~~~this is why i currently am shipping richonne (rick and michonne) i feel like in the show they have already begun to build that close friendship. they trust each other and tell each other everything. she knows about him seeing lori and he knows she used to talk to her baby daddy (LOL that i just typed that). they have been alone with just carl since right after the prison fell.....i mean i dont think rick trusts anyone more then michonne except clearly carl and daryl....and i dont even know if i believe that because to me i think now that lori is dead and in ricks mind judith is dead that daryl and michonne are his family now (along with carl obvi)

also carl loves maggie no doubt im sure like a big sister.....but theres no denying the way he feels about michonne is different and obviously she has a motherly love to him too.....this is going to make rick fall in love with her (IMO). i have no desire what so ever to see glenn and maggie break up......but i do think it may be time for one of them to go because its getting old ...i mean its sweet and all but for a tv show its like we get it....enough.....id rather it be glenn who goes and im hoping they dont divert from the comic if they kill one of them lol. i guess them breaking up would be like an insult to me....like its one of the most intense relationships in twd series in both the show and comic so i just think they should be respectful to it and kill one instead of making some STUPID love triangle that ends up making maggie look like a hoe and rick and glenn stupid or whatever.....

sorry so long

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Don't worry, I like reading long posts :)

1: Laurie Holden I feel wouldn't have been miscast if she was to play the exact same character as her comic counterpart. She would just be older, and that's fine. Obviously they went in a different direction with her, to the point where people would feel insulted if she did hook up with

Spoiler

Due to sleeping with the Governor and Shane. I myself wouldn't have had a problem with it, but her character was wrecked beyond recognition in season3.

2: I definitely agree with the relationships not revolving around sex. Rick/Maggie would be a pretty hot pairing there's no denying it, but they also compliment each other in terms of team work and mutual respect for one another. Maggie was with Lori in her final moments, she helped look after Carl and Judith after that, both have saved each other countless of times etc. Maggie would be ruined forever in my eyes if she cheated on Glenn with Rick. I love the pairing, but I don't want it to begin as an affair. I wouldn't have a problem if Glenn/Maggie split up and over time they hooked up, but Glenn needs to be dead for a couple of seasons for this pairing to realistically work.

3: To me, Rick/Michonne are more like siblings, or at the very least the closets of companions. They understand each other sure, and both helped each other out of a dark place, but IMO they might not work as a pairing because they are too similar to one another. Maggie's been with Rick ever since the farm, she's known him a lot longer than Michonne. She helped Rick out on various things, and was in his wife's company when she died. She saved Judith. Michonne brought Rick back, just as much as he brought her back from a very dark place, and they do have a natural family bond with Carl, but that is all I'm ever going to see it. I think Carl looks up to her as the cool fun aunt but she can also be serious when she needs to be.

As for Rick not trusting anybody other than Daryl, Michonne and Carl, I'll have to disagree with that. I think whilst they may be more closer to him than the others, he still values Glenn, Maggie, Beth and Carol because of those eight months traveled on the road together. These seven (excluding Michonne here) will always be the core and crux of the cast. Even good characters like Bob, Tyreese and Sasha, whilst great people, won't ever fit in that dynamic. Michonne helped them out a lot so she got to become a part of that, but all the other newcomers just stumbled upon them by chance. They might prove for the community, but they won't ever be as close to them.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i think i worded that wrong. i agree that he trusts other people i just meant like at this point (in the show not comic) he trusts daryl and michonne the most (im never including carl when i say things like that because carl being ricks most important person is obvious)

as far as richonne im still holding out hope they will hook up in the show because at this point in the comics they were very close but then they ended up like siblings (like u said) and he ended up with andrea. soooo im hoping since in the show andrea is dead he ends up with richonne.....if they take they maggie route instead (because of her likeness to comic andrea) then ill kinda be pissed if they make it feel like they are forcefully killing glenn just to respectfully make magick (what im officially calling rick and maggie) happen

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

i think i worded that wrong. i agree that he trusts other people i just meant like at this point (in the show not comic) he trusts daryl and michonne the most (im never including carl when i say things like that because carl being ricks most important person is obvious)

as far as richonne im still holding out hope they will hook up in the show because at this point in the comics they were very close but then they ended up like siblings (like u said) and he ended up with andrea. soooo im hoping since in the show andrea is dead he ends up with richonne.....if they take they maggie route instead (because of her likeness to comic andrea) then ill kinda be pissed if they make it feel like they are forcefully killing glenn just to respectfully make magick (what im officially calling rick and maggie) happen

You make me laugh with how honest you are lol

Let me just say that I don't see anything wrong with the age difference between Rick and Maggie. Its not like Maggie was some immature, naive teenager with braces and pigtails while Rick was a grown man. They were both adults before and after the apocalypse started. A 10 or 12 year age gap is not that disconcerting. Beth/Daryl is more disconcerting than Rick/Maggie. I also think if Hershel could have given his daughter away to any man other than Glenn, Rick would have been his second choice.

I'm not against a Rick/Maggie (Magick) pairing, but I think the writers could do a lot of damage if it was poorly executed. A series of events would have to transpire for this pairing to be a possibility. I don't think the writers would have to forcefully kill Glenn. Death is a major part of every character's final sendoff. Mortality lingers over every character's head. If Glenn's time was up I don't see why that should be seen as a forceful death. But yes, I think Glenn should be given the most courtesy if this pairing was to happen after he died. A good amount of time would have to pass where Maggie mourns. In that space of time a genuine affection would have to develop between Rick and Maggie. Not hooking up just for the hell of it. We all know that Rick is not Shane just looking for the next booty call. A natural progression would have to manifest. A slow plot build that connects a string of dots. I don't think its fair to say that someone's first love is also their last love. Its not impossible to fall in love again. Human connection is dire to have so I don't think it would be degrading Glenn's memory if a bond grew between Rick and Maggie over time. I also don't think it would be degrading Lori's memory if Rick fell for some other woman.

But so far I don't really see any signs of that happening. I see Rick and Michonne developing that sublime connection.

If Rick was to become romantically linked with any woman as of this moment it would most likely be Michonne. I also think it helps that Carl is this go between. Rick - Carl - Michonne. I don't think Rick would fall for any woman who is not close to his children. I do think Michonne has this friendship/maternal bond with Carl so its an incentive for something to solidify Rick and Michonne as a future couple. Of course its fun to speculate ;)

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
I just don't think Rick would go for Maggie. I knew I'd get some flak when I talked about the age difference, and I knew dale/Andrea would be brought up. He doesn't look at her like that in my opinion. He will always see her as Herschel's daughter. You're right the age difference doesn't matter. I just think Maggie/Rick is a reach, and weak writing. Why would they throw out all that development with Michonne just to have Maggie be his next love interest? It's all subjective anyways. Michonne has already played the role of Andrea somewhat so far I would argue. At least once they got to Alexandria.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

lmao! thanks!!! i try! :) sometimes i re read my comments and im all "wtf was i thinking saying that like that?"

to clarify though, by "forcing" i meant like killing glenn off in some insanely quick horrific manner .....flying through it and then hooking maggie up with rick say .....a few episodes later.....like dont kill glenn just so maggie and rick can happen. kill glenn because its time for him to go etc....whatever OTHER reason there may be but not just so we can see cohan and lincoln "hook up"

also. some of the things i say i dont always mean. as in i say things (type things) without thinking.....i have no filter (this is literal im not being figurative in anyway). i basically write in stream on consciousness. so if at any point i stop making sense i apologize. im also usually rushing to get my thoughts out before i forget them.....i have a lot in my head lol.

lastly, i try to check my grammar and puncuation when im done but i quickly ended that on here because i do it throughout the rest of my day......this is the only place i have to NOT give a heck if my grammar is correct.

all that being said good thread!!! keep talking!

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

I just don't think Rick would go for Maggie. I knew I'd get some flak when I talked about the age difference, and I knew dale/Andrea would be brought up. He doesn't look at her like that in my opinion. He will always see her as Herschel's daughter. You're right the age difference doesn't matter. I just think Maggie/Rick is a reach, and weak writing. Why would they throw out all that development with Michonne just to have Maggie be his next love interest? It's all subjective anyways. Michonne has already played the role of Andrea somewhat so far I would argue. At least once they got to Alexandria.

i agree and disagree.

i ship richonne but in all fairness rick and michonne were this close in the comic too and then he ended up hooking up with andrea. they became just good friends. and yes michonne somewhat takes on andreas role but not fully. she is not the woman with the extremly good shot (maggie is) and she didnt adopt any children who had lost their parents (carol did with lizzie and mica).

in the comic carol was weak andrea was strong i think the opposite is true in the show (more or less....im speaking in GENERAL terms, i realize andrea was brave to try and warn rick of the govs plans.....in the end she failed....comic andrea would have pulled that off. the end.)

all that being said.......i see what your saying about rick always looking at her like hershels daughter.....but at the same time that may be something that drives him to her. wanting to protect the daughter of his friend and the widow of his other friend.....like you know the old stories about one brother dies in the war so the wife marries the brother.....some people can do that stuff.....i couldnt but hey who are we to judge. lol.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

lmao! thanks!!! i try! :) sometimes i re read my comments and im all "wtf was i thinking saying that like that?"

to clarify though, by "forcing" i meant like killing glenn off in some insanely quick horrific manner .....flying through it and then hooking maggie up with rick say .....a few episodes later.....like dont kill glenn just so maggie and rick can happen. kill glenn because its time for him to go etc....whatever OTHER reason there may be but not just so we can see cohan and lincoln "hook up"

also. some of the things i say i dont always mean. as in i say things (type things) without thinking.....i have no filter (this is literal im not being figurative in anyway). i basically write in stream on consciousness. so if at any point i stop making sense i apologize. im also usually rushing to get my thoughts out before i forget them.....i have a lot in my head lol.

lastly, i try to check my grammar and puncuation when im done but i quickly ended that on here because i do it throughout the rest of my day......this is the only place i have to NOT give a heck if my grammar is correct.

all that being said good thread!!! keep talking!

Thanks! I started this thread for Walking Shooter because he loves this pairing. I'm a Richonne shipper first and foremost. 

I understand what you mean. To kill Glenn in that fashion would be foolish. I would hope the writers are smarter than that. Hypothetically if Rick and Maggie did become canon I would think the writers would take their time. If Richonne become a couple I would want them to take their time as well.

I enjoy reading your post too NerdyGRL :)

I don't have the best grammar either so I don't care how you write lol.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I'm sorry if I offended you btw. It's just a very touchy subject with me because I see a lot of people bring the age subject up a lot and because I actually know a couple with a large age difference, it really upsets me lol. As for Rick/Michonne, I honestly think they work better as partners instead of lovers. It might make sense in theory, but it don't see them working at all. As for the role of Andrea, I would have to disagree there. Maggie, Michonne and Carol all share her role, Maggie more than the others. Maggie has the sharpshooting skills, the 'Dale' (Glenn), she cleared out the prison, she had a loved one get their leg chopped off etc. Michonne has the close bond with Rick, but I'm going to be honest here I don't really see that leading anywhere. She looks out for Carl and him, but I just think they are too similar to one another they wouldn't work. That said, if they do happen I wouldn't oppose it. As for Carol, she is the last female standing in Atlanta, has adopted orphans, been there with Rick since the beginning (a couple of days before Maggie) and has lost all her family relatives.

I would agree that Rick/Maggie would be very poor writing if they hooked up *just* like that after Glenn's death. It would be awful. However, it needs the buildup for a couple two seasons after his death. It is all opinion, but

Spoiler

Oh I understand you now. Yeah, Michonne and Daryl are definitely on his inner circle, but I think back in season3 it would have been the whole group considering how much they've sacrificed along the road. I think he will come back to again in season5 now that he has become the leader he was meant to.

Glenn dying would need to occur a couple of seasons before such a pairing occurred, that way it wouldn't feel forced. And I've got to be honest here, I want him to die. I wouldn't even care if Rick/Maggie didn't become a thing, but too often he drags her down. Many people say it was Maggie that sucked the life out of him but it's the opposite. She gave him meaning, but after the whole Woodbury debacle and him acting like a child she deserves batter. She's so much more than Glenn's wife. And for Michonne, I thought she and Rick were going to hook up after the prison in the comics as well, but then she latched onto

Spoiler

And IMO Carol is the most likely to receive comic!Maggie's stories, so that just leaves Andrea's role blank. I don't want some stranger like Tara to get it, or a relatively newcomer (Sasha). I want somebody there who has been with Rick throughout most of his journey, and the only people who fit that is Maggie and Beth. And I defiantly do not want Reth.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

I'm sorry if I offended you btw. It's just a very touchy subject with me because I see a lot of people bring the age subject up a lot and because I actually know a couple with a large age difference, it really upsets me lol. As for Rick/Michonne, I honestly think they work better as partners instead of lovers. It might make sense in theory, but it don't see them working at all. As for the role of Andrea, I would have to disagree there. Maggie, Michonne and Carol all share her role, Maggie more than the others. Maggie has the sharpshooting skills, the 'Dale' (Glenn), she cleared out the prison, she had a loved one get their leg chopped off etc. Michonne has the close bond with Rick, but I'm going to be honest here I don't really see that leading anywhere. She looks out for Carl and him, but I just think they are too similar to one another they wouldn't work. That said, if they do happen I wouldn't oppose it. As for Carol, she is the last female standing in Atlanta, has adopted orphans, been there with Rick since the beginning (a couple of days before Maggie) and has lost all her family relatives.

I would agree that Rick/Maggie would be very poor writing if they hooked up *just* like that after Glenn's death. It would be awful. However, it needs the buildup for a couple two seasons after his death. It is all opinion, but

Spoiler

Oh I understand you now. Yeah, Michonne and Daryl are definitely on his inner circle, but I think back in season3 it would have been the whole group considering how much they've sacrificed along the road. I think he will come back to again in season5 now that he has become the leader he was meant to.

Glenn dying would need to occur a couple of seasons before such a pairing occurred, that way it wouldn't feel forced. And I've got to be honest here, I want him to die. I wouldn't even care if Rick/Maggie didn't become a thing, but too often he drags her down. Many people say it was Maggie that sucked the life out of him but it's the opposite. She gave him meaning, but after the whole Woodbury debacle and him acting like a child she deserves batter. She's so much more than Glenn's wife. And for Michonne, I thought she and Rick were going to hook up after the prison in the comics as well, but then she latched onto

Spoiler

And IMO Carol is the most likely to receive comic!Maggie's stories, so that just leaves Andrea's role blank. I don't want some stranger like Tara to get it, or a relatively newcomer (Sasha). I want somebody there who has been with Rick throughout most of his journey, and the only people who fit that is Maggie and Beth. And I defiantly do not want Reth.

Don't worry you didn't, and yeah Andreas role is definitely split between Carol, Maggie, and Michonne. I still think Michonne and Rick could still get together, they're both just completely ready yet in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i see where your coming from with the whole michonne and Morgan thing and i am pretty sure he is going to be back this season though im not sure at what capacity. will he be sticking with our group this time around? or will we see him in passing again? i mean shes met him before and didnt seem like she was too impressed lol. she kinda thought he was crazy lol. but obviously anything is possible.

i dont think were going to hear much about lenny james.....i have a feeling that will be top secret lol

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i agree with above comment......im rooting for richonne laregly because i believe they are both ready for it to happen at this point as where if maggie and rick get together were looking at watching rick be lonely for another 2 seasons at least IF they do it right.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Don't worry you didn't, and yeah Andreas role is definitely split between Carol, Maggie, and Michonne. I still think Michonne and Rick could still get together, they're both just completely ready yet in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

It does just depend on where they take the show. If they bring it closer to the comics, Michonne would probably feel pushed out as Rick grows closer to Maggie after

Spoiler

i see where your coming from with the whole michonne and Morgan thing and i am pretty sure he is going to be back this season though im not sure at what capacity. will he be sticking with our group this time around? or will we see him in passing again? i mean shes met him before and didnt seem like she was too impressed lol. she kinda thought he was crazy lol. but obviously anything is possible.

i dont think were going to hear much about lenny james.....i have a feeling that will be top secret lol

Yeah it is top secret, and

Spoiler

i agree with above comment......im rooting for richonne laregly because i believe they are both ready for it to happen at this point as where if maggie and rick get together were looking at watching rick be lonely for another 2 seasons at least IF they do it right.

I would rather have the build up to a Rick/Maggie if I'm being honest here. Lori's only been dead for like eight months, and whilst that is a good time to move on, Rick needs to focus on getting the group to safety first. And if it goes like my above spoiler, Michonne is going to end up getting slowly but surely pushed out of Rick's life subconsciously.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i agree about finding the group safety first......lol i wasnt trying to implay they start making love in the boxcar sweetie i just meant like it could happen a lot sooner for them then magick.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

i agree about finding the group safety first......lol i wasnt trying to implay they start making love in the boxcar sweetie i just meant like it could happen a lot sooner for them then magick.

Oh right haha. Yeah I don't think the group would appreciate it if Rick/Michonne just jumped in in front of them all, especially Carl haha.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

id watch. lmao! id try and pull a comic carol lmao!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

id watch. lmao! id try and pull a comic carol lmao!

I'd think they would need to air the X-rated version later on at night ;)

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

lmao!!!

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
I'm hoping for a rick michone pairing!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
To be honest I'm still holding out hope this pairing happens. Nothing against Rick/Michonne but it seems so cliche that the hero hooks up with the mysterious badass female, especially after his love interest (who is always usually seen as weak and defenceless) has either been killed or left him. The slow build, the comic similarities, all of that makes me want this to occur. I don't want Maggie to become a complete clone of her (god knows I don't want that to happen) but she is the perfect character for him. She takes no bullshit, and will oppose Rick when she needs to. I have a feeling Michonne would always go along with Rick whatever he says, even though it's not the right call and she knows it.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
But the glaring problem with this is...GLENN! Didn't look like she had any fucks to give about the grimmes family after the prison fell...not a single fuck...

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
Pardon the language... I'm having negan withdrawal :)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

But the glaring problem with this is...GLENN! Didn't look like she had any fucks to give about the grimmes family after the prison fell...not a single fuck...

And? Glenn is the most likely to take

Spoiler

That's where I see her coming from. Glenn and Beth are obviously going to be the ones most important to her because she loves them. If Glenn dies, it will take time, but Maggie will move on. Unless you are saying she can't do so, which I disagree with.

And she has shown plenty of times to care for the Grimes family as well as the group. And I'm not surprised she never mentioned anybody else either since due to the writers ballsing up she only mentioned her sister once. I chalk it up due to her being extremely in rational due to lack of sleep, stress, frustration and grief over her father getting his head chopped off.

And I understand about the withdrawal lol, but I'm kinda glad it's not in full force. If you know what I mean.

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

im still rooting for richonne to happen ive already said why so i wont bore everyone by repeating myself but i honestly believe its the best thing to do.

i dont feel at all thats its cliche either. i just think they work....i think everything about it works and i just dont want to wait 2 or 3 more seasons for rick to be with maggie IF glen dies and AFTER she mourns him. i would like to see him BEGIN to entertain the idea of moving forward with his life. finding happiness and companionship with someone on an intimate level (btw intimate doesnt mean SEX so dont misunderstand me) idk i like that michonne is SOOOOO opposite of lori....and not because shes "strong" (because i think lori could have become more capable at their time in the prison had she had lived after having judith) but because lori was and maggie is (regardless of her strength, both inward and outward) very feminine....like michonne is a woman but idk........ill come back to this later because to be honest....im having trouble pin pointing what im trying to say. lol

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

p.s i dont like that michonne is the opposite of lori because i hated lori or something. i actually loved lori very much and miss her i just think it would be cool to see him with someone completely different from her considering that he is completely different from the man he was before lori died

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!