Rick/maggie Ship

* * * * * 1 Rick and Maggie potential couple love shipping

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

Just wanted to start another shipping thread. This is for my friend Walker Shooter ;)

All discussions about Rick and Maggie. Just speculating on them becoming a future couple

Also feel free to discuss Glaggie. Glenn is Maggie's husband and I want to respect their relationship as well. All opinions are allowed from shippers or non-shippers. All in good fun. Enjoy!

tumblr_mw430j26Lw1s7ya1po1_r1_250.giftumblr_mw430j26Lw1s7ya1po3_r1_250.gif

walking-dead-internment-maggie-2.jpg

26a7917575136f9d146deea7508b54ce.jpg

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
The power couple and first family of the apocalypse. They really do belong to each other, I reckon at least.

For one thing, Maggie shares close resemblance to a certain character from the comics. I will spoiler tag that bit:

Spoiler

The one thing I noticed this pairing was in The Killer Within. Maggie had personally delivered Lori's baby and had to help both the baby and Carl reach the group off-screen. The one thing she did after reuniting with the group was to approach Rick to tell him the news. Not Glenn, not Hershel and certainly not the two bit lush! It was Rick, and their reactions were devastating. After Rick had collapsed and giving Judith to Hershel, Maggie didn't care about what she had just gone through. She jumped on the bike with Daryl to get some formula for the baby she had just delivered. That takes guts, and shows us that she supports Rick and his family.

When this pairing started to really work it's way to the top for me is when after Daryl gets captured by the Governor alongside Merle, it is Rick and Maggie that come back to save them. Glenn was heavily injured at the time, and Michonne was still a threat. And the pair of them worked well as a team together. They had quickly stormed in, and in a matter is seconds were able to take down some of the Governor's men and rescue Dixon Bros. Now Maggie didn't trust Merle because of what he had done, but she trusted Rick and his leadership, and she loved him and Daryl like family at this point, She would do anything for them.

And then, when Rick was starting to spook out and see ghost!Lori for the first time, he started to rant and rave. Notice in the background, Maggie quickly reaches for Carl. Not Beth or Hershel, Carl. It's because ever since Lori she feels extremely determined to protect the Grimes family, and she does ask Rick if he is ok. An episode later, she uses Judith as a distraction and cure to get away from the events she has just suffered from. When the prison attacks, she locks Judith in a cell for protection and sets out to protect her home.

Sadly there are not any Rick/Maggie moments in the rest of season3, but they finally interact in season4. When the illness breaks out after Patrick dies, Rick sends Carl off to Maggie's tower, because he knows Maggie will keep him safe. Both she and Carl manage to save Michonne from near death, and despite her family being in danger, Maggie helps Michonne slowly move up to the main area of the prison along with Carl, because they are her friends and they mean a lot to both her and Rick.

The obvious one would be Internment. They had such sizzling chemistry it put them to shame. They worked hard as a team and were the only ones running the prison. Maggie 100% supported Rick's decision to banish Carol, whilst Hershel was unsure and Daryl went off the handle. If it hadn't been for Maggie, Rick would have been dragged out by the herd. When the gunshot first fired, Rick sent off Maggie because he knew her loyalty and determination to protect her family was fierce. He understood how she worked, and vice versa.

As for Glenn/Maggie, they simply don't work for me anymore. The writers have backed them into a corner and keep writing the same material for them over and over again. Have you not noticed that outside scenes of Glenn, Maggie gets to really shine and shows her potential. That is why I feel Glenn should die this season,

Spoiler

Sure, a Rick/Maggie relationship will have problems. The age gap, she's 23/24 and he's 37/38. Not that big a difference later on, but it is for the now. They will face their obstacles and they will overcome them. Maybe it won't even work and it dies down? That is why I support such a ship.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

tumblr_md1n0dGnN21r7wse8o3_250.giftumblr_md1n0dGnN21r7wse8o5_250.gif

71271-rick-grimes-crying-gif-xYAr_zpsaa1

I could not stand Lori, but her death was heartbreaking. How they all reacted to it.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I think a rewatch is in order.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

I think a rewatch is in order.

How old was Andrea in the comics? Some fans complained that Laurie Holden was miscast.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

How old was Andrea in the comics? Some fans complained that Laurie Holden was miscast.

She was 26 and now currently

Spoiler

TV!Andrea's age was 36 when she first began and she died at 37.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I wouldn't be in favor of a Rick/Maggie relationship. There are so many stories where some guy dies, and the best friend hooks up with the girl immediately afterward, and I've always hated that. Glenn's ghost would be hovering in the air above them, inaudibly shouting, "Damn you, Rick! I saved your life in season 1!" Unless, of course, the two of them get together while Glenn was still alive, but I guess that would just be worse.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I wouldn't be in favor of a Rick/Maggie relationship. There are so many stories where some guy dies, and the best friend hooks up with the girl immediately afterward, and I've always hated that. Glenn's ghost would be hovering in the air above them, inaudibly shouting, "Damn you, Rick! I saved your life in season 1!" Unless, of course, the two of them get together while Glenn was still alive, but I guess that would just be worse.

See, when I envision Rick/Maggie happening, it isn't just extremely after Glenn's death.

Maggie will need to mourn properly. Rick has the experience of knowing what it's like to lose a spouse so suddenly. More so if Maggie falls out with Glenn when she finds out about the truth about Tara and how Glenn knew about that. As such, he will help her, guide her through that. There's so many similarities to

Spoiler

So with that in mind, Glenn would be fine with Rick and Maggie falling in love and giving a relationship their shot. If Maggie is happy why not? And besides, he would be dead. He can't object to it (though I did laugh at the image haha).

And I agree, an affair would be awful. That would kill the relationship stone cold dead for me, and both Rick and Maggie don't strike me as the type of people to do that. Not even freakin Shane and Lori were that bad.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I guess you do have a pretty persuasive argument.

Spoiler

So as long as enough time had passed, and it had a proper build-up, I suppose it wouldn't be so bad.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Spoiler

Plus both men had the hats as well, but Glenn lost his :(

And I do agree, a proper build up and several months after Glenn's potential death needs to happen for it to work. If it was just rushed I would lose all my support for it to happen in the first place.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I'm watching the Dead, White and Blue marathon on AMC, and they totally spoiled what we just put in our spoiler tags.

Spoiler

I just thought it was funny that we just went through the trouble of spoiler tagging that very thing so TV fans wouldn't be spoiled, then AMC puts it in giant letters on the TV screen.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I'm watching the Dead, White and Blue marathon on AMC, and they totally spoiled what we just put in our spoiler tags.

Spoiler

I just thought it was funny that we just went through the trouble of spoiler tagging that very thing so TV fans wouldn't be spoiled, then AMC puts it in giant letters on the TV screen.

Lol that's comedy gold haha. All that tiptoeing has gone to waste :D

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

See, when I envision Rick/Maggie happening, it isn't just extremely after Glenn's death.

Maggie will need to mourn properly. Rick has the experience of knowing what it's like to lose a spouse so suddenly. More so if Maggie falls out with Glenn when she finds out about the truth about Tara and how Glenn knew about that. As such, he will help her, guide her through that. There's so many similarities to

Spoiler

So with that in mind, Glenn would be fine with Rick and Maggie falling in love and giving a relationship their shot. If Maggie is happy why not? And besides, he would be dead. He can't object to it (though I did laugh at the image haha).

And I agree, an affair would be awful. That would kill the relationship stone cold dead for me, and both Rick and Maggie don't strike me as the type of people to do that. Not even freakin Shane and Lori were that bad.

Lori and Shane acted like horny high school teenagers Walker Shooter. They were terrible.

I would hate for the writers to do a repeat of Lori/Shane. Rick and Maggie are nothing like Lori and Shane. They both have respect for Glenn. Maggie would not move on from her husband so quickly. I don't even a think a few months would suffice for her to be over his death if he happens to die. I would say at least a year before she is done grieving.

I also need to see more scenes with them. Rick hasn't given Maggie these "bedroom eyes"....lol

2ce2iar.gif

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I've honestly never even thought of these two together before reading this thread...

Damn, I kinda like it. ilovethis.gif

Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

ilovethis.gif

Do me a favor and spare me nightmares by never posting this emoji again

Anyway, I kind of like the idea, too. I agree that Glenn would need to die first and we'd have to have a good season of Maggie not being with anyone but the idea itself isn't bad. I can't say I see the writers ever going in this direction, though

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Lori and Shane acted like horny high school teenagers Walker Shooter. They were terrible.

I would hate for the writers to do a repeat of Lori/Shane. Rick and Maggie are nothing like Lori and Shane. They both have respect for Glenn. Maggie would not move on from her husband so quickly. I don't even a think a few months would suffice for her to be over his death if he happens to die. I would say at least a year before she is done grieving.

I also need to see more scenes with them. Rick hasn't given Maggie these "bedroom eyes"....lol

2ce2iar.gif

We all know what that means if he does ;)

I've honestly never even thought of these two together before reading this thread...

Damn, I kinda like it. ilovethis.gif

I'm transfixed with this emoji haha.

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

I admit I was a hard Andrea/Rick shipper for the couple of seasons.  Mostly because the fanfic was strong with those two (Regrets? I've had a few. But then again too few to mention...)

It was a long hard swim to shore, clinging to bits of the wreckage when that one hit the iceberg.

I've been mostly ship-free, keeping to dry land since then with this show...standing on the dock just waiting to see if another ship might sail into port. Sure, I noticed this one off in the distance. Wondered if it was just my imagination, or if Rick/Maggie had any actual potential? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to see potential there!

Perhaps I'll head over to AO3 and FF to see if any decent writers are on board!?

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

ilovethis.gif

Holy creepy hell. haha! The whole Rick/Maggie ship does make a lot of sense. Maggie has definitely filled the role that Andrea was supposed to take. I could see this working. Andrew Lincoln & Lauren Cohan making out on screen? How hot would that be? Haha. I dub them, "Raggie"

Like, zoiks, Scoob.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

We all know what that means if he does ;)

I have not scene Rick look at Maggie that way. In fact, it would be inappropriate right now because Glenn is alive lol

I admit I was a hard Andrea/Rick shipper for the couple of seasons.  Mostly because the fanfic was strong with those two (Regrets? I've had a few. But then again too few to mention...)

It was a long hard swim to shore, clinging to bits of the wreckage when that one hit the iceberg.

I've been mostly ship-free, keeping to dry land since then with this show...standing on the dock just waiting to see if another ship might sail into port. Sure, I noticed this one off in the distance. Wondered if it was just my imagination, or if Rick/Maggie had any actual potential? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to see potential there!

Perhaps I'll head over to AO3 and FF to see if any decent writers are on board!?

I also shipped Rick/Andrea in season 1. Especially after that look he gave her in the Atlanta department store. The "bedroom eyes" look lol. I just wanted Rick to give Lori a taste of her own medicine for humping Shane 1 week into the apocalypse. Had Rick been dead he wasn't even cold in his grave before she decided to screw his best friend. That timeline of events is stil hard for me to process.

Sadly, Andrea was screwed over by the writers. By season 2 I no longer saw any sparks between them. Andrea seemed pissed at Rick and preferred Shane's company. Rick was doing other stuff "n" thangs.

I would not be against Rick and Maggie but it would have to be a natural progression after Glenn's passing. Maybe Rick helping Maggie to grieve because he knows what its like to lose a spouse. Also Maggie growing closer to Judith. I just have a hard time seeing that happen though. The writers have already started to establish a natural slow burn between Rick and Michonne.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Do me a favor and spare me nightmares by never posting this emoji again

Anyway, I kind of like the idea, too. I agree that Glenn would need to die first and we'd have to have a good season of Maggie not being with anyone but the idea itself isn't bad. I can't say I see the writers ever going in this direction, though

I call that the Candy Van Man emoticon, haha. But hey, it could have been worse...there were also these two: girl-moving-eyebrows-smiley-emoticon.gif  Emot-pervert.gif 

Jon is fine, dammit.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Maggie should be with me. Not Rick, not Glenn.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I'm glad the majority of us recognise the potential in this couple. I personally prefer it to Rick/Michonne, but it definitely needs build up to work. And the actors have amazing chemistry, so it would work.

I admit I was a hard Andrea/Rick shipper for the couple of seasons. Mostly because the fanfic was strong with those two (Regrets? I've had a few. But then again too few to mention...)

I've been mostly ship-free, keeping to dry land since then with this show...standing on the dock just waiting to see if another ship might sail into port. Sure, I noticed this one off in the distance. Wondered if it was just my imagination, or if Rick/Maggie had any actual potential? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to see potential there!

The Rick/Andrea fanfiction was great, and they were one of the few fanfics I read about TwD. Sadly, in the case of Rick/Maggie it's non-existent.

But there is one that had them having an affair just after the prison attack, and Glenn's still alive but they don't know that. It's pretty poor in terms of writing, so I don't have much hope for this at all.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Maggie should be with me. Not Rick, not Glenn.

I'm afraid she's already hooked up with me. A proper fine woman she is, she's finally learnt what a loser Glenn is and left him for me.

BobMarley

BobMarley

S-mart Employee

• Members

BkAYV_JCYAAS5Xh.jpg

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I believe My life is complete.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!