Brian/ Philip

- - - - -

71Fish

71Fish

S-mart Employee

• Members

From reading the novels, I know why the gov introduced himself as Brian rather than Philip. I won't give it away in case anyone is reading the books. But, did he ever mention why in the TV show? Did I miss it?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
He was just Philip in the TV show. After Woodbury he took on the Brian persona. It was like they swapped names in different orders.

The only reason he introduced himself as Philip in the book was because

Spoiler

And he took the Brian name in the show to escape his past. He wanted to have redemption, and when he came across Lilly and her family he wanted to scrub his past away to keep them safe.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

He took the name Brian Heriot after seeing the name on the barn. There were several messages to Brian, including "we love you", so I took it as we was trying to take on the persona of a family man who was loved and his family was concerned for him. It was certainly something completely opposite of the current state of his life.

I think using the name "Brian' was a nod to the comics while taking a different deviation.

the.walking.dead_.s04e06.brian_.heriot.j

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

He took the name Brian Heriot after seeing the name on the barn. There were several messages to Brian, including "we love you", so I took it as we was trying to take on the persona of a family man who was loved and his family was concerned for him. It was certainly something completely opposite of the current state of his life.

I think using the name "Brian' was a nod to the comics while taking a different deviation.

the.walking.dead_.s04e06.brian_.heriot.j

It's interesting seeing all these passages. I hope Gimple includes more of these in the future, because it gives a sense of normal people trying to find their family/friends. I loved the "don't harm mum" and "Erin" ones,

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

It's interesting seeing all these passages. I hope Gimple includes more of these in the future, because it gives a sense of normal people trying to find their family/friends. I loved the "don't harm mum" and "Erin" ones,

I love those moments too. It gives the viewer a brief glimple of the horrors people went through trying to survive. I like that they usually just give us enough visuals for our imagination to fill in the blanks. It gives us the opportunity to imagine the gory details, which is usually worse than anything they can show us.

Slightly off topic, but that is why I am excited for the spin off series, since it is a prequel. The beginnings of the ZA would have countless stories of this type with families trying to connect to each other and the desperate things people had to do to survive.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I love those moments too. It gives the viewer a brief glimple of the horrors people went through trying to survive. I like that they usually just give us enough visuals to for our imagination to fill in the blanks. It gives us the opportunity to imagine the gory details. which is usually worse than anything they can show us.
Slightly off topic, but that is why I am excited for the spin off series, since it is a prequel. The beginnings of the ZA would have countless stories of this type with families trying to connect to each other and the desperate things people had to do to survive.

Yep, it completely expands the universe of TWD and gives a piece of a larger picture. And it's interesting that even though that message was written months or even years before, it still had impact in the future (the Governor carving out a new identity for himself).

And I do hope if the spin off is set during the beginning of the apocalypse at the start, it manages to catch that tone of desperation as their world falls apart. It's why I loved the flashbacks where we saw Shane and Lori looking on in horror as Atlanta got napalmed and Shane trying to get Rick out of the hospital, all the whilst doctors/patients were getting gunned down by the military.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!