Issue 131 Cover And Predicitons * Now With Preview! *

- - - - - Preview Sophia Carl ??

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

For those of us with perverse minds and no context, that is indeed a risky click.

Before I clicked I made very sure that said "rimshot" and not "rimjob", haha. 

Oh yeah, the cover, the cover...uhh, so I guess we know if Carl's a lefty or a righty now. :smiley-confused002:  *runs from thread before she gets banned from it*

Jon is fine, dammit.

MantisTobaggon MD

MantisTobaggon MD

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBawlmer

You know, I don't usually have any qualms with Addlards art, but that arm looks like shit. Otherwise a cool cover doe.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

You know, I don't usually have any qualms with Addlards art, but that arm looks like shit. Otherwise a cool cover doe.

I love the name by the way Dr. Tobaggon

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
He always carries around a monster condom for his magnum dong

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

He always carries around a monster condom for his magnum dong

Haha oh my god. Can't stop laughing.

As for this cover (ignoring the arm) it seems pretty generic yet again. This entire volume with the exception of 130 doesn't seem to be anything special in regards of the covers.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

On the plus side its nice to be getting covers with characters we know on them again, obviously the ones following AOW they didn't want to spoil who survived by putting them on cover.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members

that would be an asbestos jacket sleeve, to protect form the molten metal and all dat shizat for throwin gang signs over a hot iron.

http://www.flickr.co...57617453861833/

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Frank Reynolds...now that's guy who would survive a zombie apocalypse, no doubt in my mind.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

On the plus side its nice to be getting covers with characters we know on them again, obviously the ones following AOW they didn't want to spoil who survived by putting them on cover.

That and they all basically had a make over and they wanted to wait before showing us.

Sahoyah

Sahoyah

Infected

• Members

I'm curious how much of this issue will take place at Hilltop.  So far this volume we've seen everything from three perspectives: Rick/Carl, Marco/Ken, Magna/her group.  Since Marco made it to Hilltop I'm wondering if the whole issue takes place there or Magna serves as our eyes in Alexandria allowing us to catch up with some of the survivors there.

They seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on Eugene this arc.  I have a theory that he will be dispatched by Rick to figure out this "talking zombie" thing and die in the process but I think he needs to resolve things with Rosita first.  Maybe that kind of stuff will happen in this issue, whatever is going on between Euge and Rosita is one of the bigger unanswered questions at this point.

Fenriradra

Fenriradra

Infected

• Members

Considering how much Rick was insistent that Eugene stay in/near the relative safety of the community in the earlier issues of this volume, I doubt he'd send Eugene out.  I think Eugene is going to find a way out sooner or later though, it's just going to take something on the order of Rosita dying to set him on a path to do something about it.

At least in the sense that, the same materials they used to make the windmill could be used for making a sailboat, not the most stellar boat mind you, not winning any races or being Noah's Ark, but enough to take a few people (perhaps even a horse or two?).  Or he could apply the same principles of a windmill to make a watermill.  You get the idea, Eugene is their key to technological advancement.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some scruffy kid to mentor so whenever he finally dies the group isn't completely lost with technological advancement.

Sahoyah

Sahoyah

Infected

• Members

Considering how much Rick was insistent that Eugene stay in/near the relative safety of the community in the earlier issues of this volume, I doubt he'd send Eugene out.  I think Eugene is going to find a way out sooner or later though, it's just going to take something on the order of Rosita dying to set him on a path to do something about it.

At least in the sense that, the same materials they used to make the windmill could be used for making a sailboat, not the most stellar boat mind you, not winning any races or being Noah's Ark, but enough to take a few people (perhaps even a horse or two?).  Or he could apply the same principles of a windmill to make a watermill.  You get the idea, Eugene is their key to technological advancement.  I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some scruffy kid to mentor so whenever he finally dies the group isn't completely lost with technological advancement.

You're probably right about Rick not sending him out but I really think Eugene is the next pre-ASZ survivor to go.  Seems to me like they're spending a lot of time establishing how important Eugene is to this new society so that when he croaks it's a huge setback for everyone.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

You're probably right about Rick not sending him out but I really think Eugene is the next pre-ASZ survivor to go. Seems to me like they're spending a lot of time establishing how important Eugene is to this new society so that when he croaks it's a huge setback for everyone.

Yea. At first i couldn't stand his character now it's like please dont kill him!!

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY
Considering Eugene's genesis as a character, it's amazing how integral he's turned out to be. Guess Abraham was right all along!

Fenriradra

Fenriradra

Infected

• Members

Eh, Eugene's genesis as a character is as flawed as most of the other characters.  You could look at Andrea as a comparison; she flirted with//seduced a guy old enough to be her father, and would later sleep with him, as a survival & coping method.  Not saying she's a dirty slut outright, but that 'genesis' is as flawed as creating as big a lie as Euge did.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members

Considering Eugene's genesis as a character, it's amazing how integral he's turned out to be. Guess Abraham was right all along!

Yeah, Abraham was kinda a prophetic figure in a way. Makes you wonder how he will be described 2000 issues from now.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

HE WILL BE WORSHIPPED

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

when rick is like jesus, abraham will have been one of his disciples

jones

jones

Infected

• Members
  • LocationDallas, Texas

and who will jesus be?  :wacko:

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

he'll be promoted to god, of course. the muscle backing rick

honestly though as soon as they revealed jesus' name to be such, i envisioned a martyr death for him at some point.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

walking-dead-131-preview.jpg

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Yay! Sophia! Looks like she's getting...yeah. I'm guessing that's Maggie yelling at her...or Carl

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Inb4 pedo joke.. wait, too late.

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
It's Carl he's all mad that neither earl or Sophia want him

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
How old would she be now? She looks older than she should.....than again maybe that's me.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!