Issue 128 Review

- - - - - review

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

that is my point......2 years have passed plenty of things could have happened that they are not together.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

that is my point......2 years have passed plenty of things could have happened that they are not together.

But it would be out of character, and as a reader I would feel cheated personally. That's what made Dwight so interesting when Sherry was revealed, he was driven to do the things he did for her and his love for her. It would feel extremely pointless that after all the effort he made in All Out War and the events before it, they broke up because things. A lot of things can happen in two years I agree with, but that is not one of them and it wouldn't fit.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

They can make it fit with a flashback simple............anything can happen now.

There was nothing showing us they got back together at all so ANYTHING could happen hell she could be dead for we know.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

They can make it fit with a flashback simple............anything can happen now.

Except flying zombies I hope. And a cure. And all the terrible cliches that come along with a zombie apocalypse media.

Kirkman's done flashbacks before. The Governor recovering from his injuries and the Shane/Lori affair. It's not entirely implausible and it could happen.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

It would just be really fucking stupid if it did happen. Dwight's whole character has been built on what he would do in an attempt to be reunited with his wife. To have Sherry either die, or break up with him over the time-jump breaks his character. He loses all reason to be there. He'd become either post-prison Rick, or post-Shiva Ezekiel. Either way, it's stupid redundancy. Terminating Dwight's relationship with Sherry is a good way to ruin his character. Kirkman would have to be real fucking stupid to do this one. He's had his days of stupidity, but I think this may take the cake.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I actually wouldn't mind if Sherry is dead

Imagine the first panel of the Sanctuary. We see Dwight's bed, he wakes up, puts his eyedrop in, then looks over at the other side of the bed as if he expects someone to be there, but she isn't. I mean, someone had to die in these two years. Sherry wouldn't be a bad candidate and it can take Dwight in an interesting direction because he's leading a group of people he has no stake in leading and cares little about

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I actually wouldn't mind if Sherry is dead

Imagine the first panel of the Sanctuary. We see Dwight's bed, he wakes up, puts his eyedrop in, then looks over at the other side of the bed as if he expects someone to be there, but she isn't. I mean, someone had to die in these two years. Sherry wouldn't be a bad candidate and it can take Dwight in an interesting direction because he's leading a group of people he has no stake in leading and cares little about

Werd to yo mutha.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

It would just be really fucking stupid if it did happen. Dwight's whole character has been built on what he would do in an attempt to be reunited with his wife. To have Sherry either die, or break up with him over the time-jump breaks his character. He loses all reason to be there. He'd become either post-prison Rick, or post-Shiva Ezekiel. Either way, it's stupid redundancy. Terminating Dwight's relationship with Sherry is a good way to ruin his character. Kirkman would have to be real fucking stupid to do this one. He's had his days of stupidity, but I think this may take the cake.

I could see Dwight rejecting a reunion with Sherry.  She got his face ironed for fucks sake.  Not to mention whored herself out to Negan.  I could easily see Dwight having someone else when we see him next.  If he's still the leader, or part of the overall leadership of that community - he would be an important man, not to mention the people who had it worst as part of the Saviors' community would worship him.  Dwight's next arc could be him struggling with the memory of Negan and what Sherry did to him, forging a new future (perhaps with a new wife/GF?), and with the fact that he still loves Sherry? 

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Sherry's pretty much the Father Gabriel of the Saviors; after appearing in a few issues and getting a backstory, she more or less completely disappeared, to the point where I almost forgot she even exists. Can't say I have much invested in her getting back together with Dwight one way or the other. Besides, Dwight now has the best lady of all: the lovely Lucille.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I would accept that she died. These things happen, especially in the zombie apocalypse. Plus no characters would be ruined in the progress.

But Sherry slitting up with Dwight would be ultimately stupid and I agree with Soaked_Pancakes. Both Dwight and Sherry have done amoral things to stay alive and be kept under protection. Dwight killing innocent men, looting various communities whilst Sherry "pleasuring" Negan. But they understand each other and their decisions to do so. If they just split up all that would have been thrown out the window, and all the guilt and acts they committed would be thrown out the window just like *snaps fingers* that.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Just noticed on reread that The Euge says that Rick was probably only asking as a general conversation and expecting a 'fine' or an 'okay' rather than the truth about his relationship problems. This reminded me of issue 9/10? somewhere round there where Rick is asking how Allen is doing after Donna dies and Allen says pretty much the same thing as the Euge, minor detail but it kinda jumped out at me.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Just noticed on reread that The Euge says that Rick was probably only asking as a general conversation and expecting a 'fine' or an 'okay' rather than the truth about his relationship problems. This reminded me of issue 9/10? somewhere round there where Rick is asking how Allen is doing after Donna dies and Allen says pretty much the same thing as the Euge, minor detail but it kinda jumped out at me.

Rehash. Rehash everywhere.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Rehash just makes me want hash browns

mmmm hash browns.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Rehash just makes me want hash browns

mmmm hash browns.

Yeah, Negan seems like the kind of guy that would take hash browns over country style.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I could do with some hash browns now.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

redacted

damn I made a thing but im having trouble uploading it :/

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Help yourself to free Robert Kirkman 'ReHash Browns', quick get them while they're hot.'

EDIT (this took me far too long to do, im so rubbish at computers, it was hardly worth it. Fuck it I tried my best to merge Kirkman and hash browns what more do you want)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Will I catch something if I eat them?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

You might start trolling everyone all the time maybe.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Me no want then :P

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

i feel like rehashbrown is gonna be a thing

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

I hope so, never started a 'thing' before :)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Maybe as legendary as "Spencer is not a meme". Would be quite cool actually.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I hope so, never started a 'thing' before :)

I've always wanted to start a thing so I'm just gonna take credit for this

youmadethisImadethis.jpg

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I've always wanted to start a thing so I'm just gonna take credit for this
youmadethisImadethis.jpg

That's my life in a nutshell. Not even lying haha.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!