Issue 128 Review

- - - - - review

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Billy Greene is back! ..no wait it's Ken.. who the fuck is Ken?.

This guy

image.jpg   58.4kb   13

DreaM

DreaM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationWith the waste

Eugene is one of the most important people in camp now. I didn't really like him at the start but he has redeemed himself and become a very valuable member of the community. Really, he is too good for Rosita. Sure she looks good, but that will fade and he will still be the man who reads books.

I wonder if she is pregnant and that is what she had to talk to him about?

"Who is the mother fuckingest of all the mother fuckers? This girl!" - Petra, Legacy of Luther Strode

prince_charming

prince_charming

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSandy Eggo, California

I'm not trying to be a super pessimist, but I'm just not looking forward to reading new issues anymore. SO much inconsistency in the writing, plus Carl's new look makes me want to burn every page he's on. They camped him the hell up for no good reason, and I actually loved Carl's character pre-time jump. The comic now seems like Kirkman took a really big bite and can't chew. I roll my eyes at the end of each new issue, thinking is that really all?

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Mmm...home baked bread.

That's about all I have to say about this issue.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

So is this going to be a reverse Woodbury arc ?

Also i might be jumping the gun a bit but it seems like the excitement for this comic has dropped off a bit at least on this forum. Seems to me by this time we would have way more posts about the new issue.......maybe everyone is just busy.

Fuck my job! I had to wait until today to read!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I'm not trying to be a super pessimist, but I'm just not looking forward to reading new issues anymore. SO much inconsistency in the writing, plus Carl's new look makes me want to burn every page he's on. They camped him the hell up for no good reason, and I actually loved Carl's character pre-time jump. The comic now seems like Kirkman took a really big bite and can't chew. I roll my eyes at the end of each new issue, thinking is that really all?

All the characters are completely different looks wise and personality wise due to the time jump. You can't expect that to be consistent because of the missed development.

I would take a break from reading the comics though if you don't like this type of reading. As in them having build a society for themselves and living a normal life mostly. Because it looks like there's going to be more issues centred around it. I do see your point though, because I hated the time jump with a passion. The volumes I feel are much easier to read than the individual issues, and as such some readers can't really enjoy the story when it's only twenty odd pages long.

Rahvu

Rahvu

Infected

• Members

This guy

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That Ken could never make it in zombie apocalypse

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

This is just filler for something bad that is about the go down!  I know they have to build up to it again.  but I feel the direction and toughness of Rick and the survivors really has been lost in the 2 year gap.  I think they have gotten very complacent.  I think they know how to handle a herd, but they really need to thin it out to a manageable size.  I think this is what is going to ultimately give really. 

Negan also is going to get freed and is only a matter of time.  Magna and her crew are being like Rick when he met the governor, but they really dont need to worry.  They need to worry about Negan getting free but wont know it til its to late.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

That Ken could never make it in zombie apocalypse

Gabriel and Spencer made it. Why not Ken :P

Well maybe not Spencer, but he did survive a long time to be fair.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

My local comicbook store didn't get the issue until yesterday.

It's pretty obvious that Magna and her crew are going to find and release Negan. Hopefully, Kirkman doesn't go the obvious route. I'd rather see Negan be released by Rick in times of an emergency, like a herd battle, and show that he can be trustworthy, only to stab them in the back at a later point.

Rick is only going to let Carl learn under Sutton because of his talk with Mikey.

I totally thought that Ken guy was rescued by Michonne. They did that on purpose.

Is Rosita cheating on the Euge'?

So many questions left unanswered...it'll be slow-going this summer, what with reestablishing the universe after all this time. Hopefully by October, the book will be back into full swing, to coincide with the new season of the show.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Is Rosita cheating on the Euge'?

Naw I think they're just going through a rough patch at the moment. I could see Rosita being driven to do it after an intense argument, but I hope not as it would be too redundant (YET another love triangle), it would tarnish Rosita's character and all that buildup to Eugene/Rosita would be wasted. Plus she's been cheated on, so she would know how that feels. She wouldn't do that to another person.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Naw I think they're just going through a rough patch at the moment. I could see Rosita being driven to do it after an intense argument, but I hope not as it would be too redundant (YET another love triangle), it would tarnish Rosita's character and all that buildup to Eugene/Rosita would be wasted. Plus she's been cheated on, so she would know how that feels. She wouldn't do that to another person.

How do you know she wouldn't do that just because she has been cheated on herself ?  plenty of people cheat even when they know how it "feels" to have it happen to them it don't matter sometimes i think this is to early to call.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Overall, I liked this issue--nothing spectacular, but nothing really bad either. I was a little disappointed not to find out what Rosita is going to tell Eugene and that we didn't see any of the other communities. However, I am hoping that since Rick said he would take Carl to The Hilltop "tomorrow" that we will see that community in the next issue.

Personally, I didn't think Andrea needed to be so hostile with Magna. Yes, check out their story. Yes, commandeer their weapons until you feel they are not dangerous, but she didn't need to be so hostile in her responses. It isn't like she hasn't been in Magna's shoes.

I liked learning about some more of their advancements, like baking the bread. Eugene really undervalues himself. He is much more valuable than he given himself credit for. He also doesn't give Rosita much credit for seeing it either. I hope Rosita's news has a positive impact on him and his self-esteem.

I liked seeing Olivia. Is it just me or does Olivia look slimmer? It makes since that with rationing and the amount of manual labor that people surviving a ZA would have to endure. However, I liked the diversity of not having every surviving female having a swimsuit model's figure.

It was nice to see the young men in this issue and the next generation grabbing the baton by becoming apprentices in various trades. I wish we had more of this on the show.

Who are the guys on the horses? And specifically, who are they or at least the one guy to Maggie?

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

How do you know she wouldn't do that just because she has been cheated on herself ?  plenty of people cheat even when they know how it "feels" to have it happen to them it don't matter sometimes i think this is to early to call.

It's not a situation that happens that often though. If Rosita is cheating (and I don't think she is) I'll lose respect and credibility for her because she's been hurt by it. She's just as bad as Abraham and Tyreese if she is. Even though I like the pair, what they did was unforgivable and disrespectful. I'm totally indifferent to Rosita, so if she was cheating then it was be full on hatred towards her.

Plus I don't really think it fits her character, but we don't know who she is anymore (even though we only got hints about her character) due to the time jump.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

It's not a situation that happens that often though. If Rosita is cheating (and I don't think she is) I'll lose respect and credibility for her because she's been hurt by it. She's just as bad as Abraham and Tyreese if she is. Even though I like the pair, what they did was unforgivable and disrespectful. I'm totally indifferent to Rosita, so if she was cheating then it was be full on hatred towards her.

Plus I don't really think it fits her character, but we don't know who she is anymore (even though we only got hints about her character) due to the time jump.

We never learned much about her before the time jump........just saying.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Overall, I liked this issue--nothing spectacular, but nothing really bad either. I was a little disappointed not to find out what Rosita is going to tell Eugene and that we didn't see any of the other communities. However, I am hoping that since Rick said he would take Carl to The Hilltop "tomorrow" that we will see that community in the next issue.
Personally, I didn't think Andrea needed to be so hostile with Magna. Yes, check out their story. Yes, commandeer their weapons until you feel they are not dangerous, but she didn't need to be so hostile in her responses. It isn't like she hasn't been in Magna's shoes.
I liked learning about some more of their advancements, like baking the bread. Eugene really undervalues himself. He is much more valuable than he given himself credit for. He also doesn't give Rosita much credit for seeing it either. I hope Rosita's news has a positive impact on him and his self-esteem.
I liked seeing Olivia. Is it just me or does Olivia look slimmer? It makes since that with rationing and the amount of manual labor that people surviving a ZA would have to endure. However, I liked the diversity of not having every surviving female having a swimsuit model's figure.

Who are the guys on the horses? And specifically, who are they or at least the one guy to Maggie?

I completely agree with all of this. Andrea was too hostile for no reason. I tried to place myself in her shoes, and the only reason I can think of her acting the way she was did was the fear of somebody coming in and uprooting them. But that doesn't seem to be the case since they're a pretty big and strong guarded community.

I do hope Rosita has positive news and she and Eugene do get past their problems, but I really don't want the positive news to be that she's pregnant.

Yeah, Olivia definitely has gotten slimmer. It was noticeable even back in AOW at the latter stages. I suppose living on rations all year round will do that to you, but they seem to have plenty of food (plus Bread!)

I know one of the guys are Ken. I assume they're from the Hilltop, and they have the same jobs as Jesus, Eugene, Rosita and Heath as in herding the zombies to a specific direction.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

We never learned much about her before the time jump........just saying.

I know that's why I said hints. She's not as bad as Gabriel for her vagueness though.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I know that's why I said hints. She's not as bad as Gabriel for her vagueness though.

Without knowing much its hard to judge what she will or wont do imo its a 50/50 coin toss.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Without knowing much its hard to judge what she will or wont do imo its a 50/50 coin toss.

I agree. I personally hope she doesn't do it though, so that's why I'm leaning towards her not cheating. Poor Eugene's self esteem will shatter more so than it's already fragile existence.

Rahvu

Rahvu

Infected

• Members

Gabriel and Spencer made it. Why not Ken :P

Well maybe not Spencer, but he did survive a long time to be fair.

Gabriel was a coward and got lucky for seemingly living in a backwoods kinda area so not many zombies to tear down his church. Spencer was a politicians kid so you know very lucky because they are more "important" people, but Barbies Ken.. he would be in a mall when shit hits the fan and get devoured :D

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Rosie IS NOT cheating on Eugie.

"Do you want to try anal?" - Eugene

"Uh...I don't think i'm ready for that." - Rosita

Rosie is just avoiding the awkward anal conversation. Nothing to worry about, guys.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Lmao

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

two things.. 

think the roamers that ken and his buddy ran into had anything to do with the herd from 127? and they just lured it straight to the hilltop. where rick is going next issue. shit's about to go down if you ask me. 

also; why do we care about eugene's self esteem? he seemed really whiny when rick really wasn't asking for details.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Gabriel was a coward and got lucky for seemingly living in a backwoods kinda area so not many zombies to tear down his church. Spencer was a politicians kid so you know very lucky because they are more "important" people, but Barbies Ken.. he would be in a mall when shit hits the fan and get devoured :D

Maybe Barbie will protect him. She seemed pretty strong :P

two things.. 

think the roamers that ken and his buddy ran into had anything to do with the herd from 127? and they just lured it straight to the hilltop. where rick is going next issue. shit's about to go down if you ask me. 

also; why do we care about eugene's self esteem? he seemed really whiny when rick really wasn't asking for details.

I think that is likely to happen, and the Hilltop will end up becoming surrounded. Rick and Maggie will end leading the community in a similar fashion in NWO (well, maybe not Rick) and try to kill them all, but somebody shoots a gun and more herds arrive. I have a feeling that the zombies are going to be a very large threat in the next couple of volumes.

As for Eugene, we've seen him come a long way. I can safely say he is one of, if not the best written characters in the series.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

two things..

If there is a herd by the issue of 131 it looks like it could be cleared up. I feel maybe they are just trying to develope more characters for us to care about, so when they die we care......or maybe not.

Euge is a vital piece and a major key to their survival. So far it looks like it was mostly his plans and or ideas to keep the place the way it is. If his confidence is shot or he's hurt not telling what could happen. I think having a major distraction could be a key element in something going wrong. Rick wants to keeo him safe for two reasons...rosita is pregnant and he wants euge to survive, or she is leaving him and rick doesn't want him to go suicidal and killing himself. It's the end of the world so finding another person to love you could be difficult and he's been hurt plenty....also Rick needs him.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!