- - - - - review

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

how bout that bread ! WOw! exciting ! lol
83936-sarcasm-gif-sbwq.gif

It's either one part with baking bread...or 20 issues of growing building and nothing......i get the fact you hate this time jump..however it was going to happen sooner or later.

I will stick with it's been two yrs and we've have nothing bad happen. Rather than a bunch of issues with them planting a garden or building a house, Then Magna shows up and waiting even longer to see what happens.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

It's either one part with baking bread...or 20 issues of growing building and nothing......i get the fact you hate this time jump..however it was going to happen sooner or later.
I will stick with it's been two yrs and we've have nothing bad happen. Rather than a bunch of issues with them planting a garden or building a house, Then Magna shows up and waiting even longer to see what happens.

They could have fit in so many interesting things though within that time jump, as well as the chance for much needed character development and depth. Various supply runs, (some could go wrong), clearing out the dead, risking dangerous fortifications, all the whilst keeping the farming and bread-making in the background. I can understand why Kirkman did it, but he's reset the clock and to see all that potential go to waste is a right shame.

Reread the issue, and it sure as hell looks like Kirkman's making Rick and co. To be the bad ones this time. We all know that's not the case, but Magna and her group won't see it that way.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

Solid issue.

The bit with Negan was a little jarring and I had to reread it a few times. This is a little bit of a problem with the way issues are structured. If this had been in a TPB the scene would have flowed perfectly but since Carl's "You know I do" was the dramatic end to last issue (and Negan asked the question with a smile on his face) it seemed to establish a less sincere, or appearing to be sincere, relationship with Carl. I didn't get the sense that Negan would be angry that Carl still wanted to kill him from musing on 127 for a few weeks.

I really like it when the series has some down time and we get to know our characters better. This issue did a lot more for many of our major, and even minor, players than most of the issues in the last few arcs.

I'm interested to see where the story of Maggie's two guys Ken and the other dude are going - since they're on the cover of 130.

As someone said above I also enjoyed that Magna's group are echoing Rick's when they first arrived in Alexandria.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

The Walking Bread.
Couldn't help myself :P

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Solid issue.

The bit with Negan was a little jarring and I had to reread it a few times. This is a little bit of a problem with the way issues are structured. If this had been in a TPB the scene would have flowed perfectly but since Carl's "You know I do" was the dramatic end to last issue (and Negan asked the question with a smile on his face) it seemed to establish a less sincere, or appearing to be sincere, relationship with Carl. I didn't get the sense that Negan would be angry that Carl still wanted to kill him from musing on 127 for a few weeks.

I totally agree. I started off the series with the first sixteen volumes before going on to monthly issues, and because everything flowed perfectly due to no cliffhangers or pauses, it was extremely weird seeing somebody going for a gigantic pause/discovery when in the next issue, everything's either peachy or made worse than what it initially appeared. One of more infamous moments this happened was the issue where Carl's fate is left unknown by Negan, and then in the next "he's totally fine".

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

So this new group is basically the same as Rick's group every time they encountered a new community. Why should we be against Magna trying to take over Alexandria? Rick did it. If the book were focused on ASZ back then, and Rick's group were just a group of newcomers, we wouldn't have given a shit about them.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

did you not understand the sarcasm ? i even put a gif in..............

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

The Walking Bread.

This guy gets it..........

Carliskindofcool

Carliskindofcool

Infected

• Members
This is good stuff here but Deez new guyz don't sit right with me boss

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

I'm enjoying the change of pace. The war was wearing on me (I suppose that was the point). 

Olivia is such a fucking hipster... 

"Bread will be more valuable than bullets very soon." - Rick

"I've felt that way for a while. Good to hear the world is catching up with me." - Olivia

I hope she dies in a mundane bread baking accident.

Rick is such a ripe conti. He's just so fucking dismissive of everyone's feelings. Eugene is a fucking sweet heart. I hope Rick gets arthritis and diabetes and loses both his feet due to poor circulation. 

I lol'd pretty hard when they showed Andrea's notebook. She also seemed unduly hostile to magna. Pretty neat that kirkman is mirroring pre-war rick through magna. Shows how big of an asshole Rick was when he first showed up to Alexandria. 

I'm happy Carl is getting a hoodie. Hopefully it will hid that ugly fucking necklace. 

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I like the reverse they've done with Magna's group being the outsiders and being wary of Rick and his group. I wonder if they'll find anything besides Negan. Hopefully it won't be as easy as Negan manipulating them into releasing him. Too predictable.

I love that Olivia's one of like 5 of our 'originals' to have been in the past 2 issues. 

Carl's kind of freaking me out and I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. Something like a kid's rebellion with Mikey and the other children where they don't think they need any adults. 

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

this is starting to feel like a rehash of when Rick and co first arrived at the ASZ....

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

this is starting to feel like a rehash of when Rick and co first arrived at the ASZ....

I think that's the point. To mirror just how similar they are.

However, I think Kirkman is laying it on a little bit too thick. I like callbacks to previous events, but this seems just like a retrend but with the same characters being put into different places. I can see it ending differently though, so it isn't fully irritating me yet.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

Kirkman does that a few times - it's a way of showing what state of mind his characters are in by throwing them into a very similar situation.

So like when Dexter tries to kick them out of the Prison, Rick shoots him during the zombie attack. Although, admittedly, Dexter had more firepower when Nicholas did the same thing Rick (who was by no means the relatively peaceful guy he seems to be now) decided not to kill him and he even became a strong ally down the road.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Kirkman does that a few times - it's a way of showing what state of mind his characters are in by throwing them into a very similar situation.

So like when Dexter tries to kick them out of the Prison, Rick shoots him during the zombie attack. Although, admittedly, Dexter had more firepower when Nicholas did the same thing Rick (who was by no means the relatively peaceful guy he seems to be now) decided not to kill him and he even became a strong ally down the road.

You know, the Dexter/Nicholas thing never even occurred to me until you just mentioned it. Kirkman's method of this become obvious to me mostly during AOW (Rick's "You kill, you die" and the houses getting bombed and the Grimes + Andrea fleeing was a mirror of the Grimes family fleeing during the prison battle).

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

So is this going to be a reverse Woodbury arc ?

Also i might be jumping the gun a bit but it seems like the excitement for this comic has dropped off a bit at least on this forum. Seems to me by this time we would have way more posts about the new issue.......maybe everyone is just busy.

totally, but I think it's a natural reaction to the AOW arc. It's nice to be back to once a month in my humble opinion, more time to digest...think I'm starting at the beginning :)

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

The Walking Bread.

There was no knead for a pun like that

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

hahaha. Olivia running the bakery of course. 

Decent issue. I expect the next few to be like this. I felt bad for Negan, until he reverted to his native vernacular. Haha. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Rick is such a ripe conti. He's just so fucking dismissive of everyone's feelings. Eugene is a fucking sweet heart. I hope Rick gets arthritis and diabetes and loses both his feet due to poor circulation. 

I lol'd pretty hard when they showed Andrea's notebook. She also seemed unduly hostile to magna. Pretty neat that kirkman is mirroring pre-war rick through magna. Shows how big of an asshole Rick was when he first showed up to Alexandria. 

Hasn't Rick been through enough? This isn't the Walking Steel Magnolias. Hahaha. Maybe Andrea is jealous of Magma, because she so fine.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

There was no knead for a pun like that

Brilliant ! lol

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Hasn't Rick been through enough? This isn't the Walking Steel Magnolias. Hahaha. Maybe Andrea is jealous of Magma, because she so fine.

I'm looking forward to a Andrea/Rick/Magna love triangle now.

Seriously though, I was pretty put off by her attitude though. I understand the need to be cautious, but she was like this in the last issue with that guy who was late on his work. Two years can change a person, and not always for the better. Andrea seems to be a case of that.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Andreas notebook ZA.

Met old man, seems nice, might have sex with him.
Sister died, had a little cry.
Got cut a bit by a psycho and shot in the head by another psycho, bad day.
Someone killed my child, il probably stop looking for answers fairly quickly.
Dale died, oh no.
Found safe zone, Rick is cute.
Banged Rick! Sorry Dale..... and spencer.
Guy bashed in friends head, Maggie is a bit upset.
Everyone went to war, crazy! I just sat around doing nothing really.
Rick found my journal today and thinks my skills make me perfect to interview new recruits, good day.

10/10. One of my favorite posts ever

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

jacob

jacob

S-mart Employee

• Members
Love the fact Andrea Par'd Magna.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Definitely some sexual tension there. Mayhaps we'll get a two page spread of them donut bumping with Rick going to town with his creepy claw thing.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

What's with Olivia always having a job of some sort involving food?  And The 1st Letter in the hacks was the best.  METALLICA!! \m/

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!