Issue 128 Review

- - - - - review

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
*Feel free to edit this post with cover and other info (I'm on mobile)*

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England
God knows when il get to read it today, have to stay away from spoilers :/

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

I enjoyed the issue, even though nothing really happened it was a good "filler"

Spoiler

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Pretty much what I expected, just building the base for new storylines an more filling in the readers on what everyone's situation is.

Sounds like 

Spoiler

Oh an them two guys on horses from the Hilltop - were they new characters? Im sure they are but theres been so many background characters since they came to the safe zone I have no idea who a lot of people are haha.

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Solid enough issue, if uneventful.

I kind of felt bad for Negan here - the poor guy's lost his wives, his beloved baseball bat, and the closest thing he has to a friend is a kid who wants him dead. Granted, I still think he should have been killed too, but even so, I can't help but have a little sympathy.

I noticed that Magna's line - "when something seems too good to be true, it usually is" was the same line Rick had when first invited to join ASZ. Nice little callback there.

And I'm really wondering what's going on with Eugene and Rosita - incidentally, what's he talking about her being too good for him? Nobody's too good for The Euge!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I don't trust Magna and the others. I think they're going to ruin everything

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

And I'm really wondering what's going on with Eugene and Rosita - incidentally, what's he talking about her being too good for him? Nobody's too good for The Euge!

Except Holly... R.I.P. ( . )( . )

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

So is this going to be a reverse Woodbury arc ?

Also i might be jumping the gun a bit but it seems like the excitement for this comic has dropped off a bit at least on this forum. Seems to me by this time we would have way more posts about the new issue.......maybe everyone is just busy.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Also i might be jumping the gun a bit but it seems like the excitement for this comic has dropped off a bit at least on this forum. Seems to me by this time we would have way more posts about the new issue.......maybe everyone is just busy.

Doubt it coz Magna doesnt have a "prison" to go back to... 

And no the forums always quite till the guys in the US wake up and get reading... Its 4.30PM where I am and i know when i check the forum again tomorrow there will be a few pages of discussion... :-D

esenpi

esenpi

Infected

• Members

Really interesting issue so far, much better than 127. At least we build up a couple of things. And for the first time in a long time, we dont know what will happen.

I guess Magna will try to find what the hell is going on and shell see Negan. He'll say bad things like he was the chief before and they put him in a cage. or that they are crazy cannibals and shit. 

Lot of things can happen. Still no idea where Michonne is.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I actually really liked this issue. I'm just going to let the time jump go for now, but it did hinder my enjoyment for 127.

Anyway onto the actual reviewing.

Negan I don't feel a lick for sympathy at all. He should be put out his his misery, because Rick keeping him in their basement is just going to wind him up. If he does break out, he'll be getting his revenge.

It looks like Carl's friend Josh is the long lost son of Shumbert from the TV series.

I felt really sorry for Eugene's self-consciousness. I've been in that position myself countless of times, and whilst I'm indifferent to Rosita I hope the pair manage to work it out.

Nice to see Olivia and Mikey getting some lines. I hope the pair get to do more in the future.

Andrea as of lately is really irritating me. I don't know what it is but her lines seem to come across as very arrogant. I still like her, but I hope this quits soon.

Loved Carl's model business. I'm wondering what's going to happen when he goes to the Hilltop to apprentice under Sutton.

Who were those guys on the horses. Have we seen them before. I couldn't tell if one of them was Jesus.

I had to eye roll at Magna uttering the same words Rick did when he was suspicious about Douglas the first time. There's callback and then there's too much callback.

Overall a good and solid issue. I'm still disappointed we haven't seen Maggie yet.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

I enjoyed this issue on the whole despite not a whole lot happening. 

1)I loved needy Negan, he thought hed made a friend and the realization that he hadnt drove him back to swearing haha.

2)Carl whittles now, cool.

3) little Maggie teaser, hopefully next issue we'll see her, i thought Michonne was in it when a sword went through a walkers head but it was just that random guy, damn.

4) Rick is a God now, Carl is his disappointing one eyed whittling spawn... poor Carl.

5) Didnt like Andreas interview and her pathetic note taking skills.

That will do for now.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

5) Didnt like Andreas interview and her pathetic note taking skills.

Haha I'm in total agreement, it was like something a primary school child would write.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Really interesting issue so far, much better than 127. At least we build up a couple of things. And for the first time in a long time, we dont know what will happen.

I guess Magna will try to find what the hell is going on and shell see Negan. He'll say bad things like he was the chief before and they put him in a cage. or that they are crazy cannibals and shit. 

Lot of things can happen. Still no idea where Michonne is.

Michonne will be at the Kingdom most likely. With Ezekiel.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Andreas notebook ZA.

Met old man, seems nice, might have sex with him.

Sister died, had a little cry.

Got cut a bit by a psycho and shot in the head by another psycho, bad day.

Someone killed my child, il probably stop looking for answers fairly quickly.

Dale died, oh no.

Found safe zone, Rick is cute.

Banged Rick! Sorry Dale..... and spencer.

Guy bashed in friends head, Maggie is a bit upset.

Everyone went to war, crazy! I just sat around doing nothing really.

Rick found my journal today and thinks my skills make me perfect to interview new recruits, good day.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Pretty much everybody in the series should have a notebook like that. Andrea should get hers published.

I forget to mention I liked the Nicholas reference. I love it when dead characters are mentioned so far into the future.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

This article about The Walking Dead turning into Robinson Crusoe i cant agree more with check it out.

http://www.bleedingc...obinson-crusoe/

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Well, the transition from 2 to 4 weeks is rough

Also, this issue was good. It wasn't great and it wasn't terrible; that makes it so there's a lot less passionate discussion

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Negan's little smile killed me. Like fucking christ, I thought that they cant make me love him even more, and they do.

Rsz_the_walking_dead_128-002.png

How can my little murdering fuckity fucking psychopath possibly be this cute?  whatthefuck.gif

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I see magna and co. Letting negan out. ..possibly rick getting killed...the only thing is it'll be what 6 or 7 vs about 200 people? I don't see him taking over but possibly killing rick and then maybe killed himself and then everything is in chaos.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I could also see Gabriel manipulating the situation. Remember he wanted Douglas to throw the group out after what they did to the hunters, so it could be possible that he fills them in about this and stirs the pot in his own way. But a lot can happen in two years, but Gabriel's a question mark at the best of times so it could go either way.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I see magna and co. Letting negan out. ..possibly rick getting killed...the only thing is it'll be what 6 or 7 vs about 200 people? I don't see him taking over but possibly killing rick and then maybe killed himself and then everything is in chaos.

The comic does not seem to be moving in that direction and in my opinion nothing really shocking is going to happen for at least this arc.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

The comic does not seem to be moving in that direction and in my opinion nothing really shocking is going to happen for at least this arc.

Maybe not in this volume, but I could see it building up in the background whilst they deal with various other threats. They're halfway through compendium 3, so I could see it all kicking off (the rebellion) at the end of that.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

how bout that bread ! WOw! exciting ! lol

83936-sarcasm-gif-sbwq.gif

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Love your positiveness PT. The Bread story is sure to blow the prison storyline out the water.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!