" How Many Walkers Have You Killed?" (Total Walker Kills For Each Character)

- - - - -

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

Ok, I have no life.   I readily admit it.

So recently, I watched every single episode of the first four seasons of the Walking Dead and compiled a list of the number of walkers that each character killed.   The only criteria is that the walker must be seen to be killed on screen.   For example, in episode 0102 when Merle is firing down from the rooftop into the walkers below, we don't actually see any walkers go down so he doesn't get credit.

First some raw overall numbers.    In the 51 episodes of the Walking Dead that make up the first four seasons, there have been a total of 839 confirmed walker kills.   47 different characters have killed at least one walker.  Another 29 named characters on the show have zero kills... with some surprising ones listed (Dale!).

Here's the totals, listed most to least (Current living characters in bold):

1. Rick (132)
  2. Daryl (108)
  3. Michonne (79)
  4. Glenn (53)
  5. Andrea (42)
  6. Carl (35)
  7. Governor (33)
  8. Shane (32)
  9. Maggie (31)
  10. Tyreese (30)
  11. unnamed characters (26)  -  Note:  These are mostly unnamed Woodbury residents
  12. Merle (24)
  13. Hershel (22)
  14. Carol (19)
  15. T-Dog (17)
  16. Sasha (16)
  17. Martinez (14)
  18. Bob (12)
  19. Shumpert (11)
  20. Abraham (11)
  21. Tomas (8)
  22. Otis (7)
  23. Lori (7)
  24. Oscar (7)
  25. Beth (7)
  26. Tara (7)
  27. Karen (6)
  28. Morales (5)
  29. Morgan (4)
  30. Axel (3)
  31. Mica (3)
  32. Lizzie (3)
  33. Jim (2)
  34. Randall (2)
  35. Jimmy (2)
  36. Andrew (2)
  37. Big Tiny (2)
  38. Gargulio (2)
  39. Allen (2)
  40. Zack (2)
  41. Lily (2)
  42. Other Marauders (2)  - Note:  Unnamed characters in Joe's gang
  43. Ben (1)
  44. Donna (1)
  45. Mitch (1)
  46. Rosita (1)
  47. Jenner (1)

These characters have ZERO walker kills, despite being a "named" character, sorted by when they first appeared in the show:

• Dale
  • Jacqui
  • Amy
  • Ed
  • Patricia
  • Sophia
  • Dave
  • Tony
  • Milton
  • Tim
  • Crowley
  • Mr. Coleman
  • Haley
  • Patrick
  • Clara
  • Ryan
  • Judith
  • Dr. Caleb
  • David
  • Sam
  • Ana
  • Megan
  • Tara and Lily's Dad
  • Pete
  • Alicia
  • Eugene
  • Joe
  • Len

Yes... like I said....  I need a life.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

Some other interesting notes on the walker kills:

• The Episode with the most walker kills was Season 3, Episode 1 ("Seed") with 58, mostly from clearing the prison.
  •  
  • The second most was Season 2, Episode 13 ("Beside the Dying Fire").   There were 53 walker kills in that episode, with Andrea's 19 and Hershel's 11 leading the way.
  •  
  • The most kills by any single character in an episode was 26, by Michonne in Season 4, Episode 9 ("After").
  •  
  • The most ever by Rick was 21 in Season 1, Episode 2 ("Guts").
  •  
  • The most ever by Daryl was 12 in Season 4, Episode 13 ("Still").
  •  
  • Carl didn't get his first kill until Season 2, Episode 12.   And it was zombie Shane.
  •  
  • Carol didn't get her first kill until Season 3, Episode 1 ("seed").   Ed doesn't count because he wasn't reanimated when she beat his brains in.
  •  
  • There were four episodes in Season 2 that had just a single walker kill (2, 4, 8, 11).   Every other episode in the series has had at least two kills.

Xtracate

Xtracate

Lurker

• Members

Wow Max this is very cool, but does hint toward a lack of a life  :D  .  How about live people kills any stats on that I think that would be quite telling as well.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

Wow Max this is very cool, but does hint toward a lack of a life  :D  .  How about live people kills any stats on that I think that would be quite telling as well.

I thought about doing that... but I didn't.

Now I'll have to go watch all 51 episodes again.   ;-)

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
That's really brilliant Max! Great that you went though all that time and effort :)

I'm surprised the two bit lush has got seven kills. I was sure she had only killed two on the show.

And I don't know about anybody else but I would be extremely surprised if Judith ended up with a walker kill under her belt.

Are you planning on doing live kills? I know I don't have the patience to do something like this haha.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Thanks for taking the time to do this, Max.

I could have sworn that Dale had at least one walker kill.

Since this is a general topic involving all seasons, I am going to move it to the general forum.

bdizzle1686

bdizzle1686

Lurker

• Members
Dale does have a Walker kill.. In episode 4 he cuts the head off the Walker who's chomping on the deer. Well technically Daryl puts the bolt in the decapitated head. But later during the camp attack, there's a close-up of Dale blowing a walkers head off with his rifle.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

There's also this chart that was made in S3 I believe. It's pretty cool, worth a look. 

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

There's also this chart that was made in S3 I believe. It's pretty cool, worth a look.

Thanks Steph! :)

I don't mean to nitpick, but Amy appears before Jacqui Max. Still great work though, I know I don't have any patience to do something like this, and even if I did I would probably muck things up a bit.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah, like I have the motivation for that either. It was all I could do to search for the old thread I had started for that chart hahahah

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

Dale does have a Walker kill.. In episode 4 he cuts the head off the Walker who's chomping on the deer. Well technically Daryl puts the bolt in the decapitated head. But later during the camp attack, there's a close-up of Dale blowing a walkers head off with his rifle.

Daryl gets the credit for that kill....  the head was still animated after Dale chopped it off.

Later during the camp attack, you see Dale shooting his gun, but you don't actually see that he hit a walker....  so I didn't give him credit.

I will rewatch the episode to be sure..... but the judge's ruling is....   NO KILLS FOR DALE

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

I really like that chart...... but it gives credit to Milton for 7 "on screen" zombie kills.

We know that Milton admitted to burning the zombies in the pit.... but we don't actually *SEE* him do it.    That is why I didn't give him credit.

Secondly... several of the burnt zombies in the pit were still animated and moving after they were burned to a crisp... and therefore, weren't technically zombie kills.    Burning a zombie isn't killint it, if it is still animated.

That's also why the Governor doesn't get any credit for Pete....  tying him up and tossing him in the lake is *NOT* a zombie kill.   Pete's corpse is still animated.

bdizzle1686

bdizzle1686

Lurker

• Members
Yeah I'll have to dig my DVD up, been a while since season 1,but I'm all positive u see a head blow into pieces, and when the head is gone it reveals Dale standing behind it with gun barrel smoking... Could be wrong though

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

That's really brilliant Max! Great that you went though all that time and effort :)

I'm surprised the two bit lush has got seven kills. I was sure she had only killed two on the show.

And I don't know about anybody else but I would be extremely surprised if Judith ended up with a walker kill under her belt.

Are you planning on doing live kills? I know I don't have the patience to do something like this haha.

Beth had a handful of kills along the fence at the prison.   Plus a couple more in Still and Alone.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Beth had a handful of kills along the fence at the prison.   Plus a couple more in Still and Alone.

Thanks. I can remember her killing the zombie at the fence, and the one in Still. I suppose she is good for something after all.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

I put it all into a spreadsheet.

Later, when I get home, I will show a breakdown of walker kills by episode.

I'm also going to double-check the disputed walker kill for Dale.   He does fire his gun during the camp overrun, but I didn't see a walker go down.  Maybe in slow-mo it will be more apparent.

So... the judges may give Dale credit for a walker kill posthumously.  ;-)

As for Milton and the burned walkers in the pit....   I'm thinking that my original ruling stands.    A)  They weren't "on screen" kills and B} some of the ones in the pit were still animated after being burned.

So even though Milton confessed to burning them, we never saw him actually do it....  so he remains a walker kill virgin on my scorecard.

I am also debating on whether to remove Jenner's kill from the list.    We see him shoot his subject "TS 19" on the big screen, but we don't have 100% proof that it was him that pulled the trigger.   We don't see Jenner actually do it, even though he says it was him.

I am thinking that TS19 might not count for ol' Doc Jenner after all.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I would count him in personally. We might not have seen it in live action, but we did see it on Camara. I don't think he would lie about shooting his own wife haha.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

Thanks. I can remember her killing the zombie at the fence, and the one in Still. I suppose she is good for something after all.

There was also the one where Daryl holds down the one walker and beth puts a blade in its brain.   That was in "Inmates", I believe.

Max_Brooks

Max_Brooks

Lurker

• Members

Nice to see that I'm not the only nerd who was interested in these numbers.

Though I am one of the few nerds who would watch 51 straight episodes over two weeks and keep a tally.   ;-)

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

This is really cool. Thanks for putting it together!

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Here's another 'thank you' for taking the time to do this.  Very interesting!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!