People By The Railroad Tracks

- - - - -

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

So I rewatched Season 4 this weekend and something occurred to me.  The people by the railroad tracks that Tyreese goes to help and Daryl and Beth come across after the fall of the prison.  The guy that got bit in the neck was adamant about Tyreese and Carol going to terminus.  Do you think those guys were going to Terminus for sanctuary?  Or could they possibly have already been residents of Terminus and were out there hanging signs or something.  The guy seemed to know an awful lot about the place and even seemed to be pleading with Tyreese when he said, "Please believe me."  It was just something that stuck out at me this weekend.  

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I think it's likely they weren't from Terminus. They probably saw all the signs and based that on their hope of finding a safe haven. The poor guy probably wanted to help out people who needed it (And Tyreese, Carol and the girl certainly needed it).

Although it isn't out of the question that he wanted to help out his old pals (luring more people to Terminus) but I tend to think it's the former and not the latter.

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

I guess we'll never really know for sure who they were, but it just struck me as I was rewatching it that the guy seemed really sure that it was a good place to go.  Within our groups of people there were doubters about the place.  Just seemed like they could have been a team that was out putting up Terminus posters that got ambushed by walkers.  Especially if they are supposed to be pretty weak and we're going on the idea that Terminus is full of cannibals.  I don't know, my theories are always wrong anyway.  LOL!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
You never know they could have been from Terminus. I wouldn't rule it out, and like you said somebody has to be out there delivering the posters/leaflets/messages.

The thing that stuck with me more was how the father managed to continue talking even after having his throat torn out haha. And then just before it was implied that Luke and Molly bit the dust, and the two bit lush was crying over it. It was kinda executed poorly, and to this day I still don't know what she was crying about.

My theories are always wrong as well. Only time I was ever correct was that Merle would sacrifice himself to protect the group, and redeem himself in his final moments. He did.

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

Yeah, the Luke/Molly, crying thing had me thrown too.  If they were survivors from the prison, how in the world did they know about Terminus?  As for the crying thing - it could just be the culmination of everything that had happened (losing her dad, sister, home, friends, blah, blah, blah).  It probably would have been a better scene if her crying didn't look so forced and unnatural.  LOL!  I would have kept on walking too.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Oh definitely agree on the forced acting. I probably wouldn't have a big as problem with Beth if Kinney was even remotely near a decent actress. As a result, I find myself criticising her every move haha.

As for Luke/Molly, I still don't know where they disappeared to. I could buy it if they were killed in the prison Shootout, but the shoe left behind was implied to be one of theirs. And if so, how did they end up there, so far ahead of Tyreese and company. And we definitely never saw their remains. I think the writers were so caught up in trying to provide little "Easter eggs" that they overlooked it all.

Thinking it through, it wouldn't make such sense if the Father/Son duo were from Terminus. I think they would be sending out more strong abled survivors to hand out these signs pointing towards the Sanctuary. And that duo was nowhere that lol.

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

Kinney definitely has some cringe worthy moments.  It's a shame because I think she's one of the more realistic (especially female) characters on the show.  Other than the looking for hooch like a dumb college bitch (hahahahaha!), I think I would probably be more like her.  I know I won't be some badass samurai warrior or anything like that.  Probably just doing whatever I can to survive.

LOL!  I said "won't be" like this is in the realm of possibilities!  I have to admit that I already have several places scoped out to go to in the event of a ZA!  Hahaha!

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I believe those people by the tracks were simply following the signs to Terminus just like the prison survivors were.  If his son died and he was dying himself, he might have been taking some solace in the fact that he was leading these other survivors to what he believed was a safe place.  It's like the Governor said, people will believe what they want to believe.  This man was so sure Terminus was legitimately a safe place, which is why he was coursing the dangerous open road with his son in the first place.  I don't think that he would have taken his son out with him if he was from Terminus, because it's just so dangerous to be out in the open that far away from their home base.  I believe they would have sent more able-bodied teams to post up all the signs and such.

The Luke and Molly connection with that spot by the tracks is really confusing, though.  I couldn't tell if that really meant Luke and Molly were dead, or if Beth saw that little shoe and just assumed it was Luke and Molly.  Looking back, I think that the writers intended for us to infer that it was really them, and they coincidentally died at the same spot where that father and son was attacked.  The problem is that most casual fans probably didn't even know or remember their names, and it was so unclear as to whether it was actually them, that the scene just came off as really confusing.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I believe those people by the tracks were simply following the signs to Terminus just like the prison survivors were.  If his son died and he was dying himself, he might have been taking some solace in the fact that he was leading these other survivors to what he believed was a safe place.  It's like the Governor said, people will believe what they want to believe.  This man was so sure Terminus was legitimately a safe place, which is why he was coursing the dangerous open road with his son in the first place.  I don't think that he would have taken his son out with him if he was from Terminus, because it's just so dangerous to be out in the open that far away from their home base.  I believe they would have sent more able-bodied teams to post up all the signs and such.

The Luke and Molly connection with that spot by the tracks is really confusing, though.  I couldn't tell if that really meant Luke and Molly were dead, or if Beth saw that little shoe and just assumed it was Luke and Molly.  Looking back, I think that the writers intended for us to infer that it was really them, and they coincidentally died at the same spot where that father and son was attacked.  The problem is that most casual fans probably didn't even know or remember their names, and it was so unclear as to whether it was actually them, that the scene just came off as really confusing.

Agreed. I think since the father and his son had died pointless, in a way he wanted to at least die for a purpose and help out others. Although it was kinda a dick move with Tyreese and Carol not even paying him any mind, just leaving him to reanimate haha.

I would be ok with the Luke/Molly scene if it was established that they had been separated, and were assumed to be further ahead than Tyreese. Have Lizzie or Mica make a comment about it, and have the pair be killed off-screen. Show their remains at the same place as the father and son, and problem solved.

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

Shooter: I meant to comment earlier on the guy telling them about Terminus with his throat ripped out.  I equal that to the Carl nonsense in the books.....  It's inconsistencies like that that will completely take you out of the moment.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Shooter: I meant to comment earlier on the guy telling them about Terminus with his throat ripped out.  I equal that to the Carl nonsense in the books.....  It's inconsistencies like that that will completely take you out of the moment.

Oh agreed. The only moment that tops this in the show was when back in season2 when Maggie was attacked by a zombie in the pharmacy, you could see a Camara man outside at the window...

And for Carl

Spoiler

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

I need to go back and check that scene out!  I never noticed a cameraman!

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Yeah it's very easy to miss at first but I picked up on it at my second viewing.

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie

I think the people beside the tracks were heading to Terminus, not a part of any sign installing crew.  However, the father was certainly  taking the posted signs at face value.  Terminus declared that it was a safe haven, so..... it must be true.  And I think he really believed it.  Of course, our survivors have learned the hard way to be wary.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I think the people beside the tracks were heading to Terminus, not a part of any sign installing crew.  However, the father was certainly  taking the posted signs at face value.  Terminus declared that it was a safe haven, so..... it must be true.  And I think he really believed it.  Of course, our survivors have learned the hard way to be wary.

The way I see it, all these survivors need a purpose to keep going on. For many, it's their loved ones (Rick for Carl/Judith, Maggie for Glenn and the two bit lush, Tyreese for Sasha). But what they want most of all is to provide an absolute guaranteer to keep them safe at all costs. For the father, it was Terminus that would keep his son safe. Of course, it didn't turn out that way, but what mattered was getting there first, ask the questions later.

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

Very logical Shooter.  You've convinced me, I wonder no longer!  

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Thanks Dani! Glad to help :)

2minican268

2minican268

Infected

• Members
  • LocationArizona

Oh agreed. The only moment that tops this in the show was when back in season2 when Maggie was attacked by a zombie in the pharmacy, you could see a Camara man outside at the window...

And for Carl

Spoiler

Negative, on season 2 when Maggie gets attacked, is the horse on the background, not a camera man.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Negative, on season 2 when Maggie gets attacked, is the horse on the background, not a camera man.

It's definitely a cameraman. I can tell the difference between a human and a horse lol.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!