Michonne: How Do You Think She Would Have Related To Shane, Dale And Lori?

- - - - - Michonne Shane Dale Lori

Ironman16

Ironman16

Infected

• Members

I have been curious as to how Michonne would have related to these individuals had met them. Here’s what I think:

Lori- She would have clashed with her to no end. Lori had a problem with Andrea because she didn’t do things like cooking and cleaning. If she had a problem with Andrea, I don’t see how it would have been any different with Michonne (she’d be more likely to do things like off and go on supply runs with the guys than do laundry).

Dale- I don’t know about this. Maybe they would be good together. They were great judges of character.

Shane- Some part of me says that she would have seen that Shane was not a trustworthy man. However, if she was with them at the quarry from day one, she would have been okay with him, but then cease to be his companion once she noticed his descent into madness.

How do you guys think Michonne would have related to these three individuals?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
She would have despised Shane like she despised the Governor. She knew what the Governor was almost instantly, and as such that view would have been transferred to Shane because he was power hungry and was willing to kill Rick to have what he didn't own (Lori/Carl)

As for Lori they would have clashed because of their viewpoints (Lori viewed the woman should stay in the kitchen, Michonne's personality and appearance speaks for itself) but she wouldn't have hated Lori. If she had bonded with Rick and Carl in a similar fashion if Lori was still alive, she would do whatever it took to protect her.

I don't think Dale would have liked her for her bold moves (killing the cabin guy) and she would have killed Randall herself. However, she would respect him for staying true to himself and not letting the world change him.

Ironman16

Ironman16

Infected

• Members

She would have despised Shane like she despised the Governor. She knew what the Governor was almost instantly, and as such that view would have been transferred to Shane because he was power hungry and was willing to kill Rick to have what he didn't own (Lori/Carl)

As for Lori they would have clashed because of their viewpoints (Lori viewed the woman should stay in the kitchen, Michonne's personality and appearance speaks for itself) but she wouldn't have hated Lori. If she had bonded with Rick and Carl in a similar fashion if Lori was still alive, she would do whatever it took to protect her.

I don't think Dale would have liked her for her bold moves (killing the cabin guy) and she would have killed Randall herself. However, she would respect him for staying true to himself and not letting the world change him.

You make some good points here.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I don't think Michonne and Lori would have clashed.  I'd bet they'd get along just great.  Do you think Lori would be dumb enough to look at Michonne, a badass loner samurai-sword wielding warrior who arrived with zombie pets and has insanely good combat skills, and say, "Her role should be doing the laundry."  I believe Michonne would actually be partial to Lori, and would be understanding of her predicament of trying to keep her baby alive in the ZA.  Michonne seems to love the entire Grimes family and I don't see why her and Lori wouldn't have gotten along.

Likewise, I bet Dale and Michonne would have hit it off just fine.  They are both very intuitive and could have had some interesting conversations together.  I don't think Michonne would have killed Randall.  She's a loner, but she wouldn't go against the orders of the group (if Rick told her to do it, she might have).  Michonne killing the hermit was different because it was literally kill or be killed in that moment, and she knew nobody else was going to do it.  I think that even if Dale were in that cabin and witnessed that, that even he would understand.  Michonne will do whatever it takes to protect the group but she's got a good heart and I'm sure Dale would have seen that.

She definitely wouldn't have gotten along with Shane, though.  They'd be at each other's throats by the end of the day.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I don't think Michonne and Lori would have clashed.  I'd bet they'd get along just great.  Do you think Lori would be dumb enough to look at Michonne, a badass loner samurai-sword wielding warrior who arrived with zombie pets and has insanely good combat skills, and say, "Her role should be doing the laundry."  I believe Michonne would actually be partial to Lori, and would be understanding of her predicament of trying to keep her baby alive in the ZA.  Michonne seems to love the entire Grimes family and I don't see why her and Lori wouldn't have gotten along.

Likewise, I bet Dale and Michonne would have hit it off just fine.  They are both very intuitive and could have had some interesting conversations together.  I don't think Michonne would have killed Randall.  She's a loner, but she wouldn't go against the orders of the group (if Rick told her to do it, she might have).  Michonne killing the hermit was different because it was literally kill or be killed in that moment, and she knew nobody else was going to do it.  I think that even if Dale were in that cabin and witnessed that, that even he would understand.  Michonne will do whatever it takes to protect the group but she's got a good heart and I'm sure Dale would have seen that.

She definitely wouldn't have gotten along with Shane, though.  They'd be at each other's throats by the end of the day.

It depends on what time frame they were in. Lori had a problem with Andrea standing up for herself back at the farm. If Michonne was there I think Lori would have said something, as she viewed herself as "queen bee" of the group. If they'd been through the time jump together, they would have been fine because Lori had been "demoted" in a sense and she wouldn't try to take charge of the women in the group.

Michonne went against Rick's orders back in Woodbury to kill the Governor, and possibly left them for the slaughter. She definitely would have viewed Randall as a threat, because of the possibility he brought his group to the farm. This would have been the only thing she would likely agree with Shane. Like I said Michonne would have respected Dale for his point of thinking because that's rare in the world they're in, but they definitely would have disagreed on their views.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I've decided to play the marry, shag and kill game on this one.

Michonne would've married Dale, shagged Shane and killed Lori. Honestly she would've had problems with all 3. I think she would've liked Dale as he was another version of Herschel to some degree but she wouldn't have listened to him give the speech about saving the teenage boy in S2 she would've just killed the kid herself. I think that she would've agreed with Shane a bit more on how to handle some situations but she would've caught on that he only cared about himself and Lori. AS for Lori they wouldn't have gotten along at all because Michonne is about to help do the laundry or cook everyone food (she is a hunter not a gatherer).

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Michonne would have shagged Lori and killed Shane, but she would have married Dale (whilst dreaming about Rick). I'm sure I've seen this in a soap opera somewhere.

Thudd

Thudd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGround level

Just my two cents, but considering her bushido/samurai/warrior ethic; she would have liked Dale, tolerated Lori, and would want to know where Shane was...at all times! :D

Yeah...I like this charactor!

Ironman16

Ironman16

Infected

• Members

It depends on what time frame they were in. Lori had a problem with Andrea standing up for herself back at the farm. If Michonne was there I think Lori would have said something, as she viewed herself as "queen bee" of the group. If they'd been through the time jump together, they would have been fine because Lori had been "demoted" in a sense and she wouldn't try to take charge of the women in the group.

Yeah, Lori said that women should stay in the kitchen to Andrea and I'm sure that would have caused some clashing if she was around to see Michonne during that time. 

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Yeah, Lori said that women should stay in the kitchen to Andrea and I'm sure that would have caused some clashing if she was around to see Michonne during that time.

Yes, and remember Andrea was the "strongest" woman at the time so I don't think with any doubt that Lori would have said something to Michonne. Though I think Michonne would have helped around with the chores, so she might have backed off.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Michonne is different than Andrea.  She's a special case.  It's a situation where her strongest abilities are blatantly obvious.  She's very skilled with dealing with walkers and navigating through them.  Not to mention, she's very intimidating.  Even if Michonne showed up at the farm in Season 2, I just can't see Lori giving her any shit for doing the "man's work" by going out on supply runs instead of washing dishes.  Yeah, Andrea was a strong woman too, but she was no Michonne; she was only just beginning to learn how to use weapons properly and nearly killed Daryl with her incompetence. 

I can see how Lori could think of Andrea, "Maybe it'd be better if she helps out with the chores rather than trying to be one of the boys."  I don't think Lori is stupid enough to think that about Michonne... and even if she was, I doubt she'd have the courage to actually say something to her about it.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Michonne is different than Andrea.  She's a special case.  It's a situation where her strongest abilities are blatantly obvious.  She's very skilled with dealing with walkers and navigating through them.  Not to mention, she's very intimidating.  Even if Michonne showed up at the farm in Season 2, I just can't see Lori giving her any shit for doing the "man's work" by going out on supply runs instead of washing dishes.  Yeah, Andrea was a strong woman too, but she was no Michonne; she was only just beginning to learn how to use weapons properly and nearly killed Daryl with her incompetence. 

I can see how Lori could think of Andrea, "Maybe it'd be better if she helps out with the chores rather than trying to be one of the boys."  I don't think Lori is stupid enough to think that about Michonne... and even if she was, I doubt she'd have the courage to actually say something to her about it.

I can see your point, but I think it boils down to how Lori was raised and what she was expected to do. Andrea didn't do any duties that would have suited "womanly duties" (note, this isn't how I view the subject. I'm just getting behind Lori's POV) and as such she was called out by Lori. Michonne would have helped out on supply runs and guard duty, but I think Lori would have said something to her because she viewed herself as "queen bee" due to being married to Rick. Carol had inadvertently made her deluded enough to think she could boss the other women about, and as such Lori took it upon her mission to do exactly that.

It would have been stupid, but I think this would have been how Lori reacted.

Ironman16

Ironman16

Infected

• Members

I can see your point, but I think it boils down to how Lori was raised and what she was expected to do. Andrea didn't do any duties that would have suited "womanly duties" (note, this isn't how I view the subject. I'm just getting behind Lori's POV) and as such she was called out by Lori. Michonne would have helped out on supply runs and guard duty, but I think Lori would have said something to her because she viewed herself as "queen bee" due to being married to Rick. Carol had inadvertently made her deluded enough to think she could boss the other women about, and as such Lori took it upon her mission to do exactly that.

It would have been stupid, but I think this would have been how Lori reacted.

That and I think that Michonne would have preferred supply runs and killing walkers to doing laundry.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado

I don't think things with Shane would have been different from Michonne. Shane didn't really get along with anyone. Yeah, he and Andrea had some Hyundai Hijinxes and same for him and Lori in the woods but think about it. He didn't really get along with anyone. I actually wouldn't have been surprised to see Michonne take a chance to "Otis" Shane.

Michonne I think would have empathized with Lori's situation being a mother herself. I do think she would have been frustrated by Lori's lack of accepting the reality of her situation though. Who knows, maybe Michonne would have been a good influence on Lori in this regard. And given how quickly she got along with Carl and has kind of seemed to have influenced him a bit, that may have all worked out.

Dale and Michonne. That could be interesting. We know how much Michonne wanted to kill the Governor and Dale wanted to save jackass kid's life. Would they have seen eye to eye in this area? Probably not. But I think Michonne is respectful of others and would have at listened to his opinion more then everyone else did and Dale might have taken to her as another capable woman in the group. 

Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!