Andrea

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members
I forgot how much Andrea hated being with ricks group I kept trying to figure out why she didn't just go back when she realized they were alive or kill the governor

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Because she was tying to keep the peace. She reasoned that if she went back to the prison and joined up with the group, they were all going to get killed and both parties will suffer major losses. If she remained with the Governor, she had a slight chance of persuading him to stop attacking the prison and come to peace with the prison group.

She never killed him in his sleep because she had never killed before and thus didn't have the courage to so.

It was a horribly written storyline that made no sense anyway. Andrea's character was completely destroyed and she was reduced to being a plot device. I pity Laurie Holden for the trash she had to act out.

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members
I just don't feel she really wanted to keep the peace she always wanted to leave the group she never believed they would make it she didn't kill the governor because she was ..never mind but her loyalty should've been with the group

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

I just don't feel she really wanted to keep the peace she always wanted to leave the group she never believed they would make it she didn't kill the governor because she was ..never mind but her loyalty should've been with the group

Whilst I despise Andrea in season3, you've got to remember that was months ago. She didn't like how Rick led things back then. He seemed to have improved in her eyes, and she still felt loyalty to them. Honestly, she didn't own them anything. The only people she was really close with in that group were Amy, Dale and Shane, and all three of them are dead.

She was much more closer with Michonne (despite how poorly handled their friendship was) than the group because she was with her for months whilst with the group it was only two months. She didn't want the group to die, but she also didn't want the Woodbury folk to die. That's how she was caught in the middle, and how she ended up dying trying to keep the peace without causing any blood to shed.

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members
Your right that's why I said I realize she didn't really care for the group as I thought she should

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Your right that's why I said I realize she didn't really care for the group as I thought she should

I think she did though. There was still Carol who was the only one who showed her kindness at the prison. Andrea was willing to fight for her, for the group and most importantly of all Carl and Judith, the next generation. I have a feeling she viewed herself as a sacrifice for the group by going to Woodbury in the first place in order to assassinate the Governor, but didn't have the stomach to do it.

The group didn't particularly care for her either excluding Carol like I mentioned. It works both ways, Rick was willing to send her off and Michonne hated her for abandoning her. Glenn and Maggie were pissed off she was siding with the man that tormented them, Merle was indifferent and the rest were busy focused on the war effort.

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members
She didn't have a reason to go the prison if she wasn't going to help she should've stayed away she knew what the governor was planning even after mucho ne told her he senterle to kill her or even after Rick told her he lied about them shooting first carol did care for her at the farm they were ok michonee never hated her she just told her how she felt which was true and even after she found out what he did to Glenn and Maggie why didn't she see why they were mad she didn't care

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members
So many typos even after he sent Merle to kill michone rock cared after she left the prison he gave her a car

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
She did have a reason. She wanted to catch up with old friends, and she wanted to find a possibility of preventing a major war breaking out between both parties. She was going to help the group by assassinating the Governor, but she chickened out because she hadn't killed before. She wasn't given the Maggie details about her sexual assault, but Andrea acted pretty dumb in these scenes because it was heavily implied what happened to her I'll give you that.

Giving her a car doesn't mean you care. He wanted her to get to Woodbury "to do what's right". He didn't care what happened to her the second she left the prison.

Michonne was pretty pissed off at her. The reason she tried to mutilate the Governor was to get at Andrea for betraying her. Seems like hatred to me.

Don't get me wrong I hated the two bit brass in season3 but she did generally care for the group.

You can edit your post after fifteen minutes by the way :)

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members

She did have a reason. She wanted to catch up with old friends, and she wanted to find a possibility of preventing a major war breaking out between both parties. She was going to help the group by assassinating the Governor, but she chickened out because she hadn't killed before. She wasn't given the Maggie details about her sexual assault, but Andrea acted pretty dumb in these scenes because it was heavily implied what happened to her I'll give you that.

Giving her a car doesn't mean you care. He wanted her to get to Woodbury "to do what's right". He didn't care what happened to her the second she left the prison.

Michonne was pretty pissed off at her. The reason she tried to mutilate the Governor was to get at Andrea for betraying her. Seems like hatred to me.

Don't get me wrong I hated the two bit brass in season3 but she did generally care for the group.

You can edit your post after fifteen minutes by the way :)

Slimc

Slimc

Infected

• Members
Well I guess she had her way of caring she did try to warn them at the end but it was too late im mad she couldn't see threw the governor before

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Well I guess she had her way of caring she did try to warn them at the end but it was too late im mad she couldn't see threw the governor before

I honestly think she did suspect that the Governor was evil, but she wanted to make Woodbury work because she was so tired of running in the wilderness. It did her no favours in the end, but as you said she left it far too late to take any action.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I think Andrea suspected the Governor was a bit off, especially after she saw that he kept heads in fish tanks and his zombie daughter.  However, she had just gotten off the road with Michonne and two pet zombies, and before that, she was at Hershel's farm where they were keeping their undead friends and family in the barn.  I don't think she was comfortable with the Governor's head collection but she probably saw it as some sort of coping mechanism, the same way Michonne and Hershel had done with zombies.

Also, a lot of viewers seem to forget that Andrea didn't know everything that we knew.  Michonne never provided any evidence to Andrea that the Governor was bad.  She was just vague and insisting that they go.  I don't think Michonne even told Andrea about the bullet holes in the military vehicles they stole from the convoy, so through Andrea's POV there were no obvious signs that the Governor was the madman he later revealed himself to be.  All she had was Michonne telling her, "I don't trust him," but it was obvious Michonne had trust issues.  I don't know why Michonne wouldn't be more clear with her suspicions or tell Andrea about the bullet holes, etc. but I chalk that one up to a writing blunder.

After Andrea visited the prison, I believe she realized how the Governor really was.  By this time, though, she had already made friends with so many of the people in Woodbury, who were for the most part all good people who had simply been manipulated by Mr. Blake.  Andrea knew that if she abandoned Philip right then and stayed at the prison, it would guarantee a war with heavy casualties, and either way, many of her friends would be getting killed.  She desperately didn't want that to happen, so she went back to Woodbury with the intention of killing the Governor, but she was unable to do at the last second as she had never killed another living person and it wasn't so easy.

Laurie Holden revealed that the scene was originally shot so that the Governor wakes up right before Andrea is able to do the deed, and that's what prevents her from following through.  It was later edited to make it look like Andrea just chickens out and walks away.  Had they used the original edit, I think it would lessen a lot of the Andrea hatred that many fans developed for her.

In the Arrow on the Doorpost episode (my most despised of the series), Andrea logically should have stayed with the prison group then, rather than going on back to Woodbury.  It was evident by that point that the Governor was going to attack the prison regardless, and Andrea just escaped very soon after, anyway.  I guess she was a little delusional, but she must've been holding out hope to the very end that she'd be able to make peace between these two groups.

In a nutshell, I think Andrea just so desperately wanted for things to be 'good' again.  That's why she looked at the Governor with rose-colored glasses and was so impressed with Woodbury.  It drove her crazy when these two different groups she cared about were trying to kill each other, and she was willing to risk her life to try and find some peaceful end to the conflict, but that's just not how the world works anymore.

I liked Andrea, even through some of her strange choices she made, because I did like the character and felt she had more storyline potential going into S4.  I don't even mind so much that she died, but I think it was dumb to make so much of the audience hate her first.  Mazzara really hurt the story sometimes with how frequently he changed his mind on storylines and unfortunately Andrea was the biggest victim of that.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
We'll written slimymeteor.

If Mazzara had made her consistent in somebody who wanted to believe in the good of Woodbury instead of making her dumb at every opportunity, she would have been extremely well liked I feel.

Out of all the characters, Andrea suffered the most from the time jump. I know Laurie Holden said that she was inspired by Dale in his motivations, but I never saw that in the woman we last saw from season2. As such, it was extremely foolish that she followed the Governor around like a puppy, and then the writers half assed her explanation for doing so.

There was shots in which it seemed like Andrea betrayed Michonne not because she wanted to protect Woodbury, but rather begin a relationship with the Governor. Having her tell the Governor about Judith just made her look stupid. Not leaving with the group after learning about Glenn/Maggie was just stupid.

I know she wanted to protect Woodbury overall, but Mazzara made it his damned hardest not to let that show through.

Honestly, Andrea was one of season3's main faults and it was a shame because she was one of the highlights in season1 and 2.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I forgot about Andrea telling the Governor about Judith, and the relationship Rick had with Shane.  Why the fuck would you tell him that?!  Even Laurie Holden couldn't believe Andrea would do that, and she flat-out denied it on Talking Dead.  Holden claimed that Andrea wouldn't have told him that information, and hinted that maybe it was Tyreese, but come on.  Tyreese knew there was a baby there, but he couldn't have known about Shane, Rick and Lori.  The only possible person who could have told the Governor about that was literally Andrea.  But I guess if Glen Mazzara, the showrunner, doesn't know what's going on with the show's characters then I can't be too surprised that the actors didn't, either.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I know, and it didn't add anything plot wise other than a stupid five minute conversation so Rick and the Governor can relate. Honestly what does Judith's parentage have anything to do with the war effort?

Andrea had no reason to tell the Governor that at all. I'm not surprised Holden tried to cover it up. I honestly think the hatred between her and Mazzara leaked into the show, and that honestly spawned some of the piss poor writing we saw with her character.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!