Thangs

- - - - - Game of Things

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

SO! Have any of you played the game Things? It's basically a game in which one person (the Reader) picks a card, which will say something like, "THINGS... that you should never say during a Parent/Teacher meeting." The remaining players all write something down, and the reader collects them and reads them all out. The reader writes down an answer as well. The point is to try and guess who write what - if you guess correctly, you keep going, and the person whom you correctly guessed is out. Whoever is the last person standing gets points for the number of correct guesses they had. You can't guess the Reader, and the Reader obviously doesn't get to guess. You can either play to a pre-determined score, or, as my peer group does when we're drinking, play until everyone is either too drunk to pay attention, or everyone gives up  ;) I've been trying to come up with an online version of this, and thought I'd run it by you guys to see if there's any interest in trying it out.

For this version, we'd have to pick a number of players (8-10 is kind of the max - beyond that it's gets too difficult), and make a list of said players. Each person will take a turn being the Reader (you can make up your Things topic, go on their Facebook page and steal one, or I can give you one from my board game), and those playing will send their answers by PM to the Reader, who will then post them. The players can then guess, going in order of the list (just like going around the table). After each round, the next person in the list will be the reader, and so on and so forth.

Any interest in trying this out? Or is it too convoluted for online play?

Things topics (click the arrow key for new ones). Facebook Things topics (just scroll around).

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

It sounds like fun. I'm not sure if we have enough people to keep it going by PM.

It could be fun just to pose the questions and have everyone respond on the open forum. I'm sure our creative members could come up with some funny answers. We could even vote on who had the best answer.....or not.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

Oh I meant all the posting and guessing would be done by forum - just the initial answer by PM, so that people don't know who posted what. Say I'm the Reader, you all send your answers to me, and I post here - then whoever follows me starts the guessing.

Just the questions themselves are funny as hell too, though :D Sometimes we get to doing just that without the guessing! I find that sometimes the answers are funnier when the initial reading is anonymous, though, because people are more open ;) What if we posted a category once or twice a day, and whomever wanted to reply sent it to whomever picked the category, and they post the replies and we vote on the funniest? Let's try it!

THANGS... that you should never say during a Parent/Teacher meeting.

PM me! Once I have a bunch I'll post 'em :D

gallery_29714_88_586.png

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
I'll try it however it comes off. I must admit I am a bit confused about it though. Admittedly it doesn't take much!

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

Nah, I think I overcomplicated it. My original way would probably only work with a bunch of people who are already extremely familiar with the game!

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Oh I meant all the posting and guessing would be done by forum - just the initial answer by PM, so that people don't know who posted what. Say I'm the Reader, you all send your answers to me, and I post here - then whoever follows me starts the guessing.

Just the questions themselves are funny as hell too, though :D Sometimes we get to doing just that without the guessing!

Yeah, I got it. I just thought to keep it going by PM might be hard when we don't have as many people posting because the people giving the answers would know their own answer. So, if say 8 people PM'd answers, then we would need additional people to guess. Does that make sense? lol

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

OH, yeah, you can't get your own answer, or the Reader :D I see what you meant now!

gallery_29714_88_586.png

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

I'm in. Sounds like a blast.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Here's mine.

THANGS... that you should never say during a Parent/Teacher meeting.

Has Mikey stopped touching himself while drawing pictures of you?

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

Answers sent to me:

"Of course my son isn't doing well. How is he supposed to think critically when all the blood is rushing from his head to his teenage erections 30 times a day?!"

​"See Mary Lou, he's fine - I knew him getting into my meth stash wouldn't cause any permanent damage!"

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

Let's try a new topic - just post your answer below!

THANGS... that people do when they think nobody is looking.

gallery_29714_88_586.png

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Pick their nose!

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat
Masturbate furiously.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Scratch their butts

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

Pick a wedgie!

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!