- - - - - WHERES THE BOMB?!?!?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
It's coming back in less than a month. This is the only show where you truly can't call yourself a man until you watch it. It just oozes testosterone

But seriously, I'm pretty psyched it's coming back. Admittedly, I haven't seen the earlier seasons in a long time, so I don't know how well it holds up (I've rewatched the first 12 episodes of Season 1 and it's still good)

This is an awesome show. Sure, it can be inconsistent and has bad writing sometimes, but it's just fun to watch, and Kiefer Sutherland kills it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

I've been binge watching the shit out of 24 recently. hour 9 season 7 at the moment. I love it. Non stop thrill ride corn maze.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
I wonder if we're getting it at the same time as you?

Really looking forward to it. I remember watching the first series. How long ago was that?

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

2001-2009 was the original run.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

Love me some Jack Bauer. His name is a variation of my name :) and when I was younger and thinner and had hair, girls often told me I looked like KS. : P

24 drinking game.

Take a 1 shot each time Jack says "Now"

take 1 shot when Jack inflicts pain on himself.

Take 2 shot every time Jack inflicts pain on someone else.

Take 3 shots every time Jack does something impossible.

Take 3 shots every time Chloe says something bitchy

Take 1 shot when Chloe makes the "I smell a fart" face.

Take 2 shots when Chloe does some "cybermagic"

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

Love me some Jack Bauer. His name is a variation of my name :) and when I was younger and thinner and had hair, girls often told me I looked like KS. : P

24 drinking game.

Take a 1 shot each time Jack says "Now"

take 1 shot when Jack inflicts pain on himself.

Take 2 shot every time Jack inflicts pain on someone else.

Take 3 shots every time Jack does something impossible.

Take 3 shots every time Chloe says something bitchy

Take 1 shot when Chloe makes the "I smell a fart" face.

Take 2 shots when Chloe does some "cybermagic"

I'd be dead from alcohol poisoning three times over in half an episode.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members

2001-2009 was the original run.

Thanks. I must have started watching it in my uni years. Seems like forever ago!

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I just finished the first season. Been binge watching it over the last week. 

Spoiler

But man, was Palmer's wife a cow or what?

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
Was 24 just 12 episodes then?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
I guess. I still haven't seen it yet, though. I'm gonna set a day aside for it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!