Issue 126 Review

- - - - - Review

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

This is pretty much the entire problem with the issue lol Carl has never really shown mercy before, why the fuck start now?

Because when it comes to Negan everyone has a soft spot for him, all of a suddan.... If they let the euge kill Dwight when things are going smoothly, I'll be furious.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Hey, uh, do you guys remember Shiva? You know, the tiger?

Kind of shows how pointless she was when a fucking tiger was in the book and I barely remember

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Rick Grimes is THE walking dead

More like The Limping Dead. Haha.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Kind of shows how pointless she was when a fucking tiger was in the book and I barely remember

That fucking tiger.....

cowboys5xsbs

cowboys5xsbs

Infected

• Members

Speaking of eugene where the hell is he!! Wasn't he going back to hilltop

khan

khan

Infected

• Members

Is anyone else just happy those covers are finally gone?

I thought this issue was a good setup for things to come, it just took way too long to get here. after 26 issues, someone needed to get skullfucked by Lucille.

It didn't help either that they built it up so much.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

There was a tiger?? In the walking dead?
I think you are thinking about Winnie the Pooh?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Kirkman probably did it for the shock value of an actual tiger being in the book. The second most unrealistic moment in the series (though I do like Ezekiel, and the first belongs to Carl surviving a head shot with little to no consequences)

Of all the things I want to see adapted in the TV series from the comics, Shiva is not one of them.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Is anyone else just happy those covers are finally gone?

I thought this issue was a good setup for things to come, it just took way too long to get here. after 26 issues, someone needed to get skullfucked by Lucille.

It didn't help either that they built it up so much.

What was wrong with the covers?

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat
This issue made my dick hurt.

no Eugene or Rosie? How many times has Carl told Rick he was wrong? I'd be like "fuck you, dad."

30 issues ago, Rick was ready to gang bang the saviors without even meeting them first. Now he doesn't want to kill the man that was okay letting his men rape Carl?

Fuck Rick and his stupid fucking stump.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

khan

khan

Infected

• Members

What was wrong with the covers?

119_Cover.jpg

I just thought they sucked compared to what we usually get. with the bimonthly release schedule they didn't exactly go all out.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

119_Cover.jpg

I just thought they sucked compared to what we usually get. with the bimonthly release schedule they didn't exactly go all out.

Oh I see. I'm not usually bothered by the covers' artwork, it's just the artwork inside that counts IMO.

khan

khan

Infected

• Members

Oh I see. I'm not usually bothered by the covers' artwork, it's just the artwork inside that counts IMO.

agreed, I just reall like the covers when they do them right.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

I guarantee you Rick will be running around playing volleyball with Heath by issue 130. Serious injuries mean nothing in the world of the walking dead.

He was up and about like an hour after his leg was snapped in half. I wanna live in this magical town where people get shot in the eye, lose their limbs, break their bones, and are up and at 'em in a solid 5.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

He was up and about like an hour after his leg was snapped in half. I wanna live in this magical town where people get shot in the eye, lose their limbs, break their bones, and are up and at 'em in a solid 5.

Yeah it's getting kinda ridiculous nowadays with all these fast healing injuries.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Only if you're an A-List character (Heath being the exception)

A bullet to the head doesn't kill Carl or Andrea. Everyone else isn't so lucky

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Also he is hopping around on crutches with one hand missing, I don't know if you've ever used crutches but they are quite difficult on your arms no way he could be hopping around like that.

Another observation is that good god the right side of Rick is fucking unlucky. Right hand lobbed off, right leg snapped.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Also he is hopping around on crutches with one hand missing, I don't know if you've ever used crutches but they are quite difficult on your arms no way he could be hopping around like that.
Another observation is that good god the right side of Rick is fucking unlucky. Right hand lobbed off, right leg snapped.

His right ear, nostril, eye and ball will be next.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Oh my god.... They're on the island.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Oh my god.... They're on the island.

Good point, now whenever the ridiculous healing abilitys annoy me I'm going to imagine epic Michael Giacchino music is in the background.

Kud

Kud

Infected

• Members

Not the best issue, but I understand the direction Kirkman is planning.  I saw in the comments on this subforum, and I noticed that some people are upset that Glenn wasn't avenged. The way I see it, Glenn's death was the death of the common man, the average guy; showing us that this world can bludgeon us if we are not prepared. It hit home for all of us reading because it's easy to relate to Glenn--but this story is no longer about the world that existed before the outbreak.  This whole arc seems to have the "spirit" of Glenn because Rick is trying to honor Glenn by allowing Negan to live; this may seem backwards, but to me it seems that by sparing Negan's life Rick can attempt to create a world where Glenn can survive--where punishment is dealt, but not in some stupid, brute-like way that Negan decided to dole out punishment.

Killing Negan to avenge Glenn is pointless--and killing your enemies is futile if you want them to suffer: Because they can never learn. Brutalizing may make your feel better (maybe, it is a different world in which they live) but it never proves a thing. By not killing Negan, Rick is enforcing a New World Order that disproves the validity of Negan's NWO.  It's Professor Rick to the rescue.

ZombieMojo

ZombieMojo

S-mart Employee

• Members

I liked it. 

ezeorC5.jpg

"You can breathe... you can blink... you can cry.. you're ALL going to be doing a lot of that."

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Well, at least I'm happy we got through AOW without any of my favourite characters dying.

That's pretty much the only positive thing I have to say about this issue, though. Just... why? How could anyone think this was a good way to end the arc?

Shiva

Shiva

Infected

• Members
I feel like RK is making sure that the story fits in with the compendiums. So in volume 24, the last volume of what will be compendium 3, he is going to have some super huge events planned like some major character deaths(finally), maybe one two or all of the communities will be destroyed and rick and co will be on the road again. Personally I think their gonna find a another group that have settled in a military base and this new group is going to completely obliterate the communities and only a small group of people (including negan) of maybe a max of 15 will be on the road again

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members

Maybe I need to re-read 100-126, but was Negan ever really THAT bad?

1) Bashed Glenn's skull in -  Okay, but as brutal as this was it was retaliatory.

2) Ironed some faces - Okay, not good but it was done as a response to his rules being broken.

3) Bullied the Communities - Okay, taking half was overkill.

4) Zombified Holly - Wartime excuse.

Etc.

I just don't see Negan in the same league of evil as The Governor.  The Governor was a sadist who 

did messed up shit because he enjoyed it.  Negan might have enjoyed some of what he did, but 

he actually did have some legitimate reasons, he didn't just do stuff to do it.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!