Issue 126 Review

- - - - - Review

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver
I would like to know at what point Rick changed his mind? I mean, the first issue of all out war Rick even says its time to go back to "You kill. You die." And all the numerous promises he made saying he'll make sure he kills Negan. Just seems like we were left out of a major shift in way of thinking from a major character... and just feels off. Deciding to let Negan rot in jail for the rest of his life (or until he breaks free/is freed) basically just turned him into the Joker to Ricks batman. Which could lead to interesting plot down the road, sure, but... after all this time of savage-take no bullshit-Rick... I just cant wrap my head around leaving that cancer of the new world in a jail cell and not 6 feet under the ground.
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" – Bran Stark
"That is the only time a man can be brave." – Eddard Stark

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
I totally predicted Rick would make a grand speech at the end. Even Michonne commented on it haha.

Anyway I'm not sure on where I stand with this issue. I've noticed they are trying to create a civilisation once again, but why let Negan live though? He's smashed their friend's brains in, destroyed their home, stole their supplies, killed countless others. And there is always the chance He could possibly escape and rebel against them.

I totally thought Michonne had died when they started charging. I though some sneaky fucker had caught up behind her and stabbed her in the end, but it turned out it was just his arm positioned that way.

Dwight is in charge of the Saviours, Rick is in charge of Alexandria, Maggie in charge of the Hilltop and Ezekiel's in charge of the Kingdom. That's more badass than the shitty council in the TV that served no purpose really.

I liked Maggie's comment about Glenn not wanting them to kill Negan because it's so true. This is the man who saved a stranger in Atlanta and didn't like the possible execution of Ben, so it was very true in character.

I think Carl should've killed Negan though. Haven't they forgotten about Dexter, they pissed him off and he tried to get his revenge. Surely to god they would have remembered that.

Really excited for the next issue though. I honestly think this is just the beginning of the Walking Dead. The events before were more like a prologue, this is when civilisation starts to rebuild.

lisa_91

lisa_91

Infected

• Members

I am really disappointed :( i really liked some parts of All Out War but in the end it was just ... idk it felt like a big filler most of the time and IMO this ending is not really a conclusion to anything..

a true lawyer finds a problem for every solution :D

Zombilicious

Zombilicious

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zombieland, USA
How soon will it be before one of Negan's zealots free the bastard?

Then we're caught in a silly revenge arc (aka Governor in the tv series).

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
One thing I hated about this issue though was the cliche fight between the hero (Rick) and the villain (Negan). Not only do we see this every time in action movies and the like, but it felt too Hollywood and felt like a repeat of the fight between Rick and the Governor in the TV series.

I really hope Kirkman isn't starting to blend the TV and the comics together. I love them both (the comics way more than the TV though) but there is something wrong when the source material starts to take ideas from the adaption.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Ya this felt like a bad TV script to me.............

Sad-Deweys-Low-Expectations-Are-Never-Me

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
Since the issue has now been released in the US, you don't have to tag your talk about this issue in THIS thread. In other threads, please use a little caution for a few days.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

GUYS GUYS GUYS, I JUST GOT NEWS OF SOME HYPEASS SHIT.

A friend of mine found an ''cut ending'' page. It is what was MEANT to happen, before they changed it to Negan getting put in the prison.

400px-126.png

It's much better than the actual ending, in my opinion.

It's all I EVER WANTED. 

Click dis afterwards

Spoiler

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

A friend of mine found an ''cut ending'' page. It is what was MEANT to happen, before they changed it to Negan getting put in the prison.

400px-126.png

It's all I EVER WANTED. 

Click dis afterwards

Spoiler

I now ship Rick and Negan together. Regan? Nick?

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Wow.

Yeah.

Okay.

Anyone wanna come over for some pizza and wine?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Finally got to read the issue. Have to gather my thoughts on this one. Rick is gonna be a limper for a long time. I kind of want to see a tribunal for Negan, but we'll probably be waiting a while for that.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Sorry you defended a pile of turds.....
tumblr_m1mglrNRFQ1qdezf9o1_500.gif

I still think All Out War is good. It just needed with with a whimper, not a bang

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

So disappointed to see RK went the super-lame "The hero is morally superior to the villain route".

Yeah, I'm sure that Glenn would have wanted the guy who bashed in his brains to live. Sure...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I hated the, "Glenn would want that" comment. Glenn was a nice guy, but not that nice. I'm sure he'd want the guy who smashed his head in front of his wife and kid (and prevented him from ever seeing his unborn child) would want that fucker dead

It was also hideously out of character for Maggie. I'd be fucking enraged if I was her

Also, the "We'd be no better than him" line. No, Rick. You'd be a better guy than him

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

I think the biggest thing about this arc that annoys me is the whole 12 part storyline thing. Some of the issues (124 especially) reeked of filler. It seems like Kirkman had no ideas for what he would do in the issues after 100 and made it up as he went along. It really spells cash-grab all over the arc and Kirkman was wrong for deceiving readers into believing the arc was something it wasn't.  

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

400px-126.png

It's all I EVER WANTED. 

Click dis afterwards

Spoiler

HAHAHAH!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Wow.

Yeah.

Okay.

Anyone wanna come over for some pizza and wine?

Pizza definitely. I think AOW was definitely overhyped. I think Negan being jailed4lyfe could be interesting and set up some future conflict. Will he try to escape? Are there still Negan Loyalists? Who are these new people in the next couple issues? Will Rick need a wheelchair after Negan snapped his leg at the knee in the wrong direction essentially becoming The Walking Dead's Charles Xavier? I know everyone was expecting Negan to eat shit, but I think I'm starting to like how this ended the more I think about it. We've all become accustomed in The Walking Dead for death, violence, gore etc, but this issue does infact change everything in the way of Rick and his peoples thinking and how they will forge a new and better world together. I'm curious to see what new threats Captain Kirkman is cooking up. I for one am glad that no major players died in this issue. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

It was also hideously out of character for Maggie. I'd be fucking enraged if I was her

yeah after Maggie pummeled Rick in 101, I was expecting her to be pissed that they weren't executing him. However, I do think that with the kind of person Glen was he may have agreed with Rick. Life rotting in prison is no picnic. Death is too good for Negan.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I think Negan being prisoner is a good twist and should set up good conflict in the future. It should've been executed better, though. The Saviors should've taken a hostage, too or something so it would be more justified. The "Glenn would want that" and "We'd be no better than him" comments were a load of shit

I'm betting my account that this decision bites Rick in the ass

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

Maybe all that time in jail will convince Negan Rick is doing the right thing? I wouldn't put it past Kirkman at this point. 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Who else thought that Andea had sniped Negan down I was so pissed at that point.

That's what I thought, too. I remember thinking, "oh, everyone in the forums is going to fucking hate this."

Little did I know.

I also thought Dwight was going to kill Rick and take over. Then I thought Carl had killed Negan.

So many fake outs.

But I'm staying positive, I mean. I don't know. I guess Negan is going to be total comic relief from now on.

We didn't even find out who Olivia is sleeping with. Man. Well, maybe she'll start the first ever post-apocalyptic Prison Pen Pals program with Negan.

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Maybe all that time in jail will convince Negan Rick is doing the right thing? I wouldn't put it past Kirkman at this point.

I think he was already convinced in 125 before getting jumped by Rick. Now he absolutely detests him now more so than before.

Reavesfilm

Reavesfilm

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

My reaction to 125:

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-I

My reaction to 126:

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-I

I was way too lazy to sign in until I saw this! HA!  I fucking love that music video and this is such a great gif, definitely saving it to my gif folder :D

But yeah, the issue, uhm... Yeah.

I actually didn't hate AOW, and I'm pretty sure I called Negan living from the BEGINNING (granted I was joking then, and now I'm just like, "Yeah, I totally meant that.") haha 

Two things I wish were different though (both having to do with Negan dying) 1) I don't care HOW much Rick wants to be a good guy and rebuild civilization, he SWORE he was going to kill Negan and Negan said, "NO! You won't!"  So... Negan gets the satisfaction of being right the whole time!

2) Rick wants to be good, and be president... Okay cool, I support that.  But don't you dare start making Carl a little whiny bitch again, he's a cold blooded asshole now and I wanted him to look over at Rick and be like, "Fuck you, Dad." and blow Negan's brains out.  Carl risked his own life to sneak into a savior's moving truck to try and kill Negan IN HIS OWN HOME, and yet he just lets Rick talk him out of it like that.

Eh.  I call that Carl is still going to sneak into jail and wreck Negan's shit. 

"I believe in Rick Grimes."

aahe42

aahe42

Lurker

• Members

I do hope they make him into a town fool/jester so Kirkman can keep writing fuck.(sarcasm, the guy writes the word fuck like a kid who just learned the word.)

Can anyone really believe there isn’t going to be some kind of consequences for leaving him alive?

I think Kirkman has to keep thinking of these ridiculous ideas to keep us from guessing but whats next? Negans going to reform his life and become a new man. There will be some loyalist to break him out and he'll be all religious like and say no this is what I got coming to me god has a plan. It just seems like a joke to leave him alive. And the thought of him coming back and still being in comic has really made me hate this decision.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I think Negan being prisoner is a good twist and should set up good conflict in the future. It should've been executed better, though. The Saviors should've taken a hostage, too or something so it would be more justified. The "Glenn would want that" and "We'd be no better than him" comments were a load of shit

I'm betting my account that this decision bites Rick in the ass

All his decisions bite him in the ass.

This all leads up to the inevitable Negan realizing he can help and joins the group. 

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!