Issue 126 Review

- - - - - Review

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I havent read it yet..but i know what happens.

Anybody can tell me if the art is as good as usual, so I know what i'm gonna work with later, hehe.

Any panels that just stand out and scream '' I'M FUCKING COLORABLE, COLOR ME DAMN IT ''?

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

I havent read it yet..but i know what happens.

Anybody can tell me if the art is as good as usual, so I know what i'm gonna work with later, hehe.

Any panels that just stand out and scream '' I'M FUCKING COLORABLE, COLOR ME DAMN IT ''?

There is a pretty sweet double page spread of Dwight holding Lucielle... 

There art is fine... I mean its good... Well, its like normal... But shit man... I cant even begin to express my disappointment in the conclusion... 

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

There is a pretty sweet double page spread of Dwight holding Lucielle... 

There art is fine... I mean its good... Well, its like normal... But shit man... I cant even begin to express my disappointment in the conclusion... 

287px-Breathing_intensifies.jpg

And i'm not too mad about the issue. Heck, i'm not mad at all.

Also....

Ending of AOW = Ending of Avengers.

So next arc will be Thor 2.

Here is my prediction, guys. Hear me out.

It will start with somebody attacking again, some goblin-looking fucker, and then will have Rick come back to Negan's cell and ask Negan for help.

Negan has grown out his hair inbetween the arcs by the way

'' We need yu brah, even doe yu not mah brah. Let's be brah's against the goblin-fucker, yo. ''

And Negan will just be sitting there, all '' GRRRRRR fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuuuuuccck '' and then they sort of make up and fight against the Goblin-fucker.

tumblr_mvtdgiaO8R1sczv8co5_500.gif

And if you have seen the rest of Thor 2, you know what happens from there.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
So. They get to have less people and now they have to worry about a prisoner? Wow. That's not counting the saviors who still believe in Negan could plan something. I think if this is all true I'm done reading for a few months.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

This has to be the most pointless arc in TWD universe... since Negan was shown up until now is basically a filler. Nothing has really changed bar a few minor undeveloped characters biting it which served no real purpose anyway. (Obviously apart from Glenn and Abe) but that was the build up to the beginning of war,which in the end resolved nothing... I feel pretty let down and disappointed with the overall arc. I didn't necessarily want major deaths from both sides, but the survivors have contradicted the whole reason they started this war in the first place; to avenge glenn and live without a tyrant. Neither of which have been solved. It felt rushed and influenced by AMC (no disrespect to the show lovers out there) with no substance and grit to it. Probably would of intrigued me more if Lori were to have popped up......maybe not. I know RK is trying to leave it open just incase Negan were to escape/ they need Negans help... but isnt that just Dexters storyline back in the prison, and we all know how that panned out. I'm itching for a change, I think half of the people on this board all loved a smaller group, fighting for survival on the road, characters being developed and having to actually survive. Obviously things have changed and they can now live in communities and benefit from eachothers skills, which I'm all good for but, where is the gritty violent, unsuspecting thrills going to come from now... Rick, one of our door handles fell off... sorry to be a complete negi-gary but this arc annoyed me haha

I couldnt agree more!  Negan should either be a walker or walker food!  This Comic Arc has ended in the worst way possible!  I hope enough people write this in to the Letter hacks.  Robert Kirkman may have a lot on his plate but it seems he let this story slide by the wayside. There is no vengence for Glenns death, for the theft of the ASZ goods taken for no reason at all, for the promise Rick made to Carl!   Robert Kirkman has lost his way with this!   He really needs to get this back on the gritty track that we had before.  I was expecting something shocking, but not even a c-d list character death!  Not even Dwight!  Sorry i will get off my soap box!  Gonna have to see where this goes,  disappointed with the direction of the story lately and might have to stop soon if it continues this way! 

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

All we can hope for is that we are being badly trolled and something big is just around the corner... 

What about all the others that died or got injured because of Negan? Heath must surely be pissed? He lose Denise and a Leg??? 

RICKTATOR SHIP

RICKTATOR SHIP

Infected

• Members
It might be becuse it's wary and I haven't had caffine yet but this issue fuckking pisses me off a prisoner really? Who's excited for all out war part 3 there should be plenty of speeches in that .

jacob

jacob

S-mart Employee

• Members
All out war: Part III

'THE WAR CONTINUES TO TAKE IT'S TOLL ON THE READERS'

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
The unthinkable was how lame the end is......at least it looks like no time jump will take place.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

Does anyone think that RK reads forums and takes feed back from fans?  I hope this is a wake up call for him as we were being All out Trolled!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
What. The. Fuck

I've been defending All Out War...but that was the most emotionally backpedaling I've ever experienced with this comic

RK was right. It certainly was unthinkable

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

My reaction to 125:

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-I

My reaction to 126:

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-I

Jon is fine, dammit.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Well...that was a disappointment of an issue. I've bashed AOW and with good reason, but this was stupid.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

cowboys5xsbs

cowboys5xsbs

Infected

• Members

I started out hating this ending but now that I have had time to think about it this ending is what was really needed to move forward.  It brings Rick character development full circle, as well as Carl's.  Instead of just killing people like they have in the past they chose to move forward towards a more civilized society instead of being savages.  I guess when RK said that this arc would change everything it was different than what everyone was expecting.  Plus Negan is still alive and he was the best villain ever so that made me happy. Dwight taking control of the saviors was also pretty sweet his story rapped up well.  All in all I think Negan being a prisoner can make for some pretty interesting story lines down the road.

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

Yeah, I'm not a fan of what happened. We've been bearing for two years what just ends up being a giant transitional chapter. All this Negan business after #100 should have blown over much more quickly and approached with much tighter pacing for this kind of conclusion. Now it just feels like the story has been wasting far too much time.

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

LETTER HACKS #126

Spoiler

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
What a fucking let down! I expected so much more. Kind of seems like AOW was absolute waste of time.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

What a fucking let down! I expected so much more. Kind of seems like AOW was absolute waste of time.

All out War = All out Waste!

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

What. The. Fuck

I've been defending All Out War...but that was the most emotionally backpedaling I've ever experienced with this comic

It was unthinkable in a horrible way!

cowboys5xsbs

cowboys5xsbs

Infected

• Members

Who else thought that Andea had sniped Negan down I was so pissed at that point.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

What. The. Fuck

Sorry you defended a pile of turds.....

tumblr_m1mglrNRFQ1qdezf9o1_500.gif

'Rick' Duff

'Rick' Duff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAberystwyth, Wales

I for one like it. Maybe not as an end of the arc, but I thought it was a nice turning point in both Rick and Negan's characters. Negan rotting in jail forever is a much worse punishment than simply killing him. It is stripping him of all his powers and making his survival purely reliant on Rick. It's a brilliant reversal of themes and I'm sure it'll come into play more in a later arc.

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

I kinda feel like my corpse was pissed on.

That wasn't a conclusion, at all. Very unsatisfying ending to such an over hyped arc.

Having let the dust settle, im quite glad Negan is alive, i always thought how good it would be if he worked with Rick, like he accepted him as a leader and was like a guard dog swinging Lucile and swearing a lot killing bandits.

Im half interested in seeing where it goes next, and half scared, as much as its the logical way to go - rebuilding and having massive communities just isnt appealing to me, or exciting, part of me feels like he has arrived at this point WAY too early, this should be the last 100 issues is he does plan on going for 500. 374 issues of growing crops and building shit?

''i think Glenn would like that''

You can still hear Glenn screaming in his grave in a fit of confused rage.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

My first thought was also Thor 2 haha.

Not sure how familiar you all are with LOST but it also reminds me of Ben Linus, this guy made the survivors lives hell for months, he wasn't as brutal as Negan but he was a manipulative sociopath, they finally had him beat and Jack made him their prisoner. The popularity of the character made the writers keep him around. I think similar has happened for Negan, not even necessarily with the readers, but Kirkman clearly LOVES writing for Negan. This way he gets to stick around but the story doesn't have to revolve around him. I see lots of Rick/Negan discussions in the prison cell.

I was disappointed, but once again it was more to do with Kirkmans hyping up rather than the actual story which I quite liked, I just think Kirkman is his own worst enemy, if he didn't keep spouting unthinkable this and never be the same that. People might just read the story for what it is, but he feels the need to build suspense knowing full well the payoff is lacking.

I know he has his haters but I would like to take a moment to celebrate the fact Negan didn't die if you will allow me.....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!