How Do You Color The Walking Dead On Gimp?

- - - - - gimp color thewalkingdead.

Z-murdock

Z-murdock

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMI

Can you walk me through how to color the panels on gimp in the comments bellow?

i need a helping hand.

as of now i am clueless and eager to color the right way...

thank you ahead of time!

agrassfedcomic.com

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*

Guest_CraigTNelsonMandela_*
  • Guests

like so:

m749q0.jpg

Spoiler

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Okay....one thing that you can do to start is to first use Multiply.b That is like....the first brush you need to learn to use. 

Thhen if you wanna make it darker...or make the colors *POP* more...you can lower the opacity or raise it....preferably when using the ''burn'' brush. If you want to make it lighter, using an lighten/shadowing tool can do wonders if you go about it slowly and in the lines.

You can also lower opacity on the burn brush (i usually go down to like...50ish with the regular black color) and then cover the entire painting in one stroke by making the brush gigantic.

You can then apply an softer coat of color by using..multiply....the burnbrush again, but with like...let's say orange if you want an evening feel, or you can use a bit of each. Duplicating your coloring can also be a good idea just in case something goes wrong.

I never was super good on explaining stuff...but I hope this helps.

Anything else, i will try to help out as much as I can.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Caige31

Caige31

Infected

• Members

Koi's methodology is like a billion times more complex than mine..

I just use the fuzzy select tool with feathered edges set, and select one section at a time (i.e. all visible skin for each character, then hair, then clothes, then accesories..etc etc ad nausium.)
I then use the Select by Color tool and deselect all of the black on the image so that only the white and shading is selected.

After each section I'm making the same color is selected, I go to "Colorize" under the Colors tab at the top (Alt-C) and adjust the hue/brightness/saturation accordingly until i get the color I want.

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members

Not like this, not like this:

WalkingRick

On a serious note though, there should be a lot of tutorials on youtube.

For me it's easier to learn stuff watching a video anyway, that way you 

can pause, rewind, whatever as they're going through each step.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!