Issue 125 Review

- - - - - review

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

LOL my 3 year old posted this when i was out of the room

That explains it. I was so confused. i thought you were sad that Negan died, then confused,  then angry, and then I just got lost

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland

It all boils down to what the hell you have to do to earn points.......and we might never know.

It's pretty much implied in issue #105 that they're assigned to certain jobs, earn points from doing those jobs, trade the points in for "goods and services." I don't see the point system being much different from having a normal job, earning money, then spending it on whatever.

Spoiler

Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Yeah but what are those jobs and how many points does food cost and how long does it take to earn points?

To much is unknown what if Sherrys job was to dig ditches or something she couldnt keep up with?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

The job could've even been something incredibly dangerous like going out and killing zombies or wrangling them for the fences. It's also implied that you get less points the lower you are on the food chain, so her and Mark can just be dirt poor

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Yeah but what are those jobs and how many points does food cost and how long does it take to earn points?

To much is unknown what if Sherrys job was to dig ditches or something she couldnt keep up with?

My crystal balls think someone's job at some point had to be impaling and chaining those walkers outside the Sanctuary perimeter.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland

All I gotta say, is that those who were assigned the ridiculously dangerous job of capturing zombies to put around the Sanctuary perimeter, had better have earned a lot of damn points for it. Haha.

Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

An pair of colorings for this issue, coming in a bit late. (I've been sick)

Grief.png

Negan%27s_realization.png

I hope the fans of the issue like'em.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

And one more.

Rick_is_okay_2.png

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

RicksRightHandMan

RicksRightHandMan

Infected

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
That Rick-Negan confrontation was almost a hybrid of the final Rick-Shane and Rick-Governor confrontations.

ApocalypseWarrior

ApocalypseWarrior

Infected

• Members
Has anyone else thought about the possibility of Negan actually considering Rick's proposal?

hotdogabel

hotdogabel

Infected

• Members
I thought about it , but if you were rick... Would you take that risk after everything Negan has done and said .

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members

It's pretty much implied in issue #105 that they're assigned to certain jobs, earn points from doing those jobs, trade the points in for "goods and services." I don't see the point system being much different from having a normal job, earning money, then spending it on whatever.

Spoiler

Its pretty much implied in that scene that Negan lives under the delusion that people do things for him voluntarily, and that he can't read obvious emotions on the faces of his victims.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

Has anyone else thought about the possibility of Negan actually considering Rick's proposal?

I think he was doing more then considering it...this is what Jesus was talking about in 114 . This is ricks super power...his mouth and vision is intoxicating. As for ricks side I think it was a big F-U, as in , this is what we could of had if you hadn't been a complete idiot. I also saw it as a bit of a message to the rest of the saviors that there is still a chance of coexistence...just not for negan.

ApocalypseWarrior

ApocalypseWarrior

Infected

• Members

I thought about it , but if you were rick... Would you take that risk after everything Negan has done and said .

Definitely not...I would've killed him the first chance I got.

Though a part of me wants to believe that Negan was considering it as an option in that twisted head of his.

ApocalypseWarrior

ApocalypseWarrior

Infected

• Members

I think he was doing more then considering it...this is what Jesus was talking about in 114 . This is ricks super power...his mouth and vision is intoxicating. As for ricks side I think it was a big F-U, as in , this is what we could of had if you hadn't been a complete idiot. I also saw it as a bit of a message to the rest of the saviors that there is still a chance of coexistence...just not for negan.

Agreed! I believe that Rick will give the remaining saviors the options of death or unity with the three communities.

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
Rick made it clear that if you kill, you die...he gave Negan and his men a chance to surrender and they made it clear they weren't going to give Rick an inch. Dwight will be the only one they'll willingly spare.

Xtracate

Xtracate

Lurker

• Members

I know I’m late to the party, we just got the issue today, I thought it was really good. 

I don’t think Negan would have gone along with Rick’s offer but I do believe he was considering it.  He has pointed out repeatedly that he believes himself to be a reasonable man, so yes I think he would consider it and at least think that he should consider it.  Rick knew he would never really agree or be able to be trusted, I thought Rick was monologuing to let the others get in place, and that still might have been part of it but I also thought he was speaking to the crowd rather than just Negan.  So they could join the communities rather than back Negan. 

I was pretty sure the knife was the same one and was infected, also I thought he stabbed him straight into the throat rather than a slash, that should do the job whether it’s infected or not.

And I love Eugene all the more now, ready to die rather than help them.  

sofakingawesome

sofakingawesome

Infected

• Members
Hey guys new to the forums been reading issue to issue right by 91 and just gotta say that this issue was ok and same with the whole arc I just feel like something is missing can't exactly articulate it but like at the end of every issue I just feel a little dissatisfied and that wasn't until all out war I mean the march to war issues left me more satisfied and that was the build up I don't know all out war just gives me this weird malaise feeling anyways yeah this issue was ok I don't know how I feel about ricks decision to knife negan like that it just felt like that was a villainous type of move considering negan did seem to want to end this and move on and if that's true then ricks screwed himself and everyone else involved

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
Am I the only one who saw the Chekhov knife as totally predictably?

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
Just read the issue myself a couple of hours ago.

I was really worried when Rick, Andrea and Carl all hugged. If I recall Rick and Carl hugged with Lori and Judith in a similar fashion just before they tried to flee the prison.

Negan was probably being sarcastic, and was waiting for the opportunity to eliminate Rick. However, it's a slight possibility that he had considered before but would realise that he wouldn't be in 100% full control if he did go ahead with the plans.

Glad to see Paula have some lines! Nicholas though I was gutted that he died. Really felt like there was more potential to him, along with the other Alexandria citizens that have died in this war (Holly, Denise)

Jesus is getting ridiculous with his ninja moves though, but I can't really complain as there was a tiger living with them for several issues without attacking anybody. Hope he lives through the war though.

All in all a great issue.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Why not stick that knife directly into his throat? Instead of the weak little swipe he gave? Meh. All of this has been sort of meh to me. There's been about a million times now where they could have popped up over the wall and lit Negan up. If Ricks intention was to kill him, and they had all that ammo and what not, just have everyone with a gun pop over the wall and light those fuckers up. Same result, except Rick would have had the wall as some form of cover.

He just "kinda" slit his throat in front of all of his men. Rick would be dead in 10 seconds flat as soon as negan drops to the floor.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

He just "kinda" slit his throat in front of all of his men. Rick would be dead in 10 seconds flat as soon as negan drops to the floor.

I think that's what's gonna happen. It harkens back to Negan's first appearance in issue 100 that someone else posted earlier

029~3.jpg

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

That's the problem, Rick should be riddled with bullets before Negan hits the floor. But that wont happen, there will be some BS reason Rick escapes alive. I don't want Rick to die I just hate the unbelievable ways main characters survive insane situations. Negan wandering round a warzone with a baseball bat untouched is another example.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

The Negan thing is bullshit but I don't think it'll be implausible if Rick survives considering the Saviors will be under fire on all sides

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

That's the problem, Rick should be riddled with bullets before Negan hits the floor. But that wont happen, there will be some BS reason Rick escapes alive. I don't want Rick to die I just hate the unbelievable ways main characters survive insane situations. Negan wandering round a warzone with a baseball bat untouched is another example.

I'll think that Dwight could possibly stop them from doing so. But then again he is one man and it was revealed pretty much that he betrayed Negan so maybe he'll go down in an army of bullets as well if they keep it consistent with the Negan worshiping.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!