Issue 125 Review

- - - - - review

Ricktatorship

Ricktatorship

S-mart Employee

• Members

Negan will probably be used as a meat shield now? that would be a bad way to go for him.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

Holy fuck. I don't even know what to think. I'm pissed and happy at the same time. I totally though Rick was getting Lucilled for a minute there..

Kud

Kud

Infected

• Members

There may or may not have been a 180 for Negan, but that's the beauty of the pacing of this issue. The conversation never proceeded to a point where Negan could really, really reveal in some epic fashion if he was seeing the light or about to laugh in Rick's face (like on the cover).  I though the ambiguity allowed for different readings, satisfying more than one type of reader.  

Zombilicious

Zombilicious

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Zombieland, USA
Writers shouldn't daisy chain 2 "didn't see that coming" back to back because then the whole fuckity fuck scene just lacks plausibility.

I could have accepted Negan seeing the light. I could have accepted Rick taking Negan unawares... but not both at the same time. Too much to swallow.

That said, Negan enjoyed being kingpin thuglord ever since we first saw him. No way was he ever going to buy into Rick's sudden peaceful coexistence plan. Never ever.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

99e1ae7ebc7c37247c16a7d6a22fd40a.gif?139

Had to be made. 

XD

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Had to be made. 

XD

Ok I admit I laughed

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Had to be made.

XD

Hahahah! Rick the used car salesman of the zombie apocalypse

freakpeach

freakpeach

Infected

• Members

Ummm, was the knife that Rick used the knife that Jesus gave to him??? In that case the knife would be covered in infected crap, which could lead to an epic death for negan... A slow turn.

cowboys5xsbs

cowboys5xsbs

Infected

• Members

Is the knife they found the same one rick cuts negan with if so its such sweet irony that negan thought he killed rick with a mucked up weapon only to be killed by one of his own weapon.

Kud

Kud

Infected

• Members

If it is the same knife, it not drawn similarly in the second example. 

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

The knife Rick used is not serrated, but it does look like it's covered in some gunk. Negan's blood is at the top and there's some other gunk at the bottom, but who knows. 

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members

Looks like the same knife to me.  The little indents / serrations are drawn more crudely in the throat slash pic but are still there.  Everything else matches up as well (the curve at the start, the color of the handle, etc).

aahe42

aahe42

Lurker

• Members

Rick would have been naive to think that Negan would fall for it(I'm sure he knows the possibilities of using a barter system he just doesn’t want to use it.) but Negan knowing Ricks mind set probably didn't realize Rick would do something as bold as to attack him first seemingly unarmed and surrounded. I mean Negan's actions toward their group weren’t the only thing they were fighting for, I'm sure Dwight wouldn’t have of agreed if they all worked together seeing as he’s fighting for him and his wives/gf freedom.

People may not like me saying this but for as much as I was shocked and interested in what Rick did. It felt way too much like the scenes where he spoke to the governor before the attack, and the scene he talks sense into Shane then stabs him in the tv show. I’m sure it’s going to play out much differently but it felt very similar.

And are those zombies from the beginning of the issue in the bus? Or did they kill them or lead them away?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Ever since What Comes After, what has Negan tried to prove? That he can be reasonable. He spared Carl, killed Spencer to save Rick, was going to let Rick off the hook with supplies, saved Holly from being raped, etc. Negan has done atrocious things, but so has Rick. Negan even admitted to not enjoying killing Glenn

In Negan's last moments, he proved that he could be reasonable, but Rick killed him anyway out of revenge for Glenn. Bodies will drop next issue and it's going to be Rick's fault (he killed in the "truce" zone). In this last confrontation, Rick became the villain

I'm surprised so many people hated it. This honestly redeemed all the shit I've dealt with for the past two years

That's sarcasm right? Because if not, You have got to be kidding me. Rick did the right thing. They were messing with each other one waiting for the others guard to be down, Rick just beat Negan to it.

As for the other things he's done, I doubt Negan likes to kill kids. Plus he thought carl had balls. He earned major respect. He killed Spencer, because, well he's spencer. He doesn't like woman being raped which is why he saved holly from being raped.....oh, then they killed her, we saved you from rape but we are going to kill you now. Yea. That's "reasonable". As for the supplies thing he was just letting them off because if they didn't have food or anything then that's one less community that could gather supplies for him.. Chances are they wouldn't last long on what they had.

In the end Negan would have Rick killed.There would have been more power and more of an ego to add to it and Negan would have wanted it all.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

On the walking dead wiki on Negans page, it says that 'Rick then slashed Negan's neck with an infected knife, responding "good".'

So the wiki at least seems certain the knife is infected.

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
I have no idea what to think about this issue - I've got so many conflicting thoughts and feelings right now. I definitely did not see what happened coming though, I'll give it that.

I guess I'll probably be able to work out whether I love or hate it better once AOW is finished. It's going to be a long two weeks.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

If it really is infected, this is really ridiculously stupid on Rick's part

"HAHA TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE! NOW YOU'RE GONNA DIE LATER! AND I'M most likely going to get gunned down immediately, leaving my son without any family and my people without a leader. Probably gonna get a lot of people killed by doing this, too BUT WHATEVER! REVENGE! THIS PLAN IS FLAWLESS"

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

Negan's not dead. Rick nicked his throat with the knife. I was fully expecting Negan to be baiting Rick into believing he would work with him, only to start a physical altercation. Rick just beat him to the punch.

Michonne, Jesus, and the rest are in wait. I assume they'll start pointing their guns at the remaining Saviors who will do the same, then Dwight and Carson will talk them down. I doubt many of the Saviors will be assimilated into the community. Many of them have probably done too many bad things.

Isn't that knife the mucked-up one that Jesus and Michonne found? 

Pretty sure Negan's screwed no matter how deep Rick cut into him.

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members

I liked this issue.

I'm actually buying that Negan was actually being sincere.

He never wanted the war to happen. Sure, like he said, once 

he gets going he enjoys it, but every action that Negan has 

taken has been a reaction to something else.  Even Jesus 

said that Negan could be reasoned with.

I think Negan started to regret the war and everything else

to be honest.  His whole plan was to break or kill Rick and 

he could never succeed.  I think the whole one-panel "fuck"

was his realization that he probably could've had his cake

and ate it too.  He could've worked with Rick to rebuild society

while also enjoying some of the spoils of being a leader.  He 

seemed to snap out of his king of the ZA sandbox shtick, at 

least for a few brief moment.  But now he's just fucking fucked.

It'll be interesting to read AoW in retrospect.  I'm kind of hoping the 

127 et al is a bit of backstory.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

I was hoping issues 129 and 130 would be previewed. Sean said they would be damnit! probably sarcastically.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

On the walking dead wiki on Negans page, it says that 'Rick then slashed Negan's neck with an infected knife, responding "good".'

So the wiki at least seems certain the knife is infected.

You need to realise that the wiki is edited by guys just like us. No one official.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

You need to realise that the wiki is edited by guys just like us. No one official.

There is nothing more official than wiki.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

That's sarcasm right? Because if not, You have got to be kidding me. Rick did the right thing. They were messing with each other one waiting for the others guard to be down, Rick just beat Negan to it.

As for the other things he's done, I doubt Negan likes to kill kids. Plus he thought carl had balls. He earned major respect. He killed Spencer, because, well he's spencer. He doesn't like woman being raped which is why he saved holly from being raped.....oh, then they killed her, we saved you from rape but we are going to kill you now. Yea. That's "reasonable". As for the supplies thing he was just letting them off because if they didn't have food or anything then that's one less community that could gather supplies for him.. Chances are they wouldn't last long on what they had.

In the end Negan would have Rick killed.There would have been more power and more of an ego to add to it and Negan would have wanted it all.

Negan killed Holly but I'm sure he didn't enjoy it. He did it because that's war and it's necessary

I'm not saying Rick did the wrong thing. Rick did do the right thing, but I do think Negan was being genuine. Maybe I shouldn't have said Rick was the villain in this confrontation, but this is definitely a turning point for his character

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

Negan killed Holly but I'm sure he didn't enjoy it. He did it because that's war and it's necessary

I'm not saying Rick did the wrong thing. Rick did do the right thing, but I do think Negan was being genuine. Maybe I shouldn't have said Rick was the villain in this confrontation, but this is definitely a turning point for his character

I agree, I could definitely see Rick going Ruthless on the saviors. I've always thought it would be cool to see Rick Transform into a ruthless figure like The governor or Negan, maybe this is the first step towards that.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Negan says he doesn't enjoy it but Lucy does and that is just a off shoot of himself.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!