Issue 125 Review

- - - - - review

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

wd-cover-125-clr-med.jpg

The f*ck f*cking f*ckity f*cking penultimate chapter of All Out Motherf*cking War!

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

akontura11890

akontura11890

S-mart Employee

• Members
DAMN did not see that coming! "Good" haha!

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Cant help but feel underwhelmed..

It felt a bit rushed if im honest, like all of a sudden he realized he had to end the arc and forgot about shit he wanted to do, i get the impression he wanted us to think that Negan was reasonable, an not your average villain, maybe have us question was Negan even a villain but hes been too inconsistent so his last minute 180 just felt so forced an lame (I actually thought he was being sarcastic, an was gonna kick off big time)

Like I said in the preview thread, im hoping Rick an co wipe out his remaining members pretty fast, while

Spoiler

I dunno,just feels anti climactic  

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

I actually really enjoyed the issue! 

Yes the end was a bit rushed but that was the last thing i saw coming... I also thought Negan was being sarcastic and was about to be like, Ye right Rick "BAM" 

Im glad it ended the way it did... Built up nicely to the final issue, and will round off the arc well i feel... He couldn't leave too much for the last 32 pages or that would really seem rushed... 

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Summary?

Z-murdock

Z-murdock

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMI

Summary?

check the wiki

agrassfedcomic.com

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
So how's he still alive?

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

Hated the ending so much. Negan's 180 was dumb and the only reaction is a well justified facepalm...

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

So how's he still alive?

Its not a confirmed death as of yet... Sure it will be next issue... 

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

I think this was a great issue that will end the war with a definitive new beginning!  But I feel the Saviors could have done so much more this issue!  So far no major character deaths.  I think All out was killed a lot of no name players really.   It will be interesting to see how this unfolds in the very end!  Maybe they

Spoiler

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Really ?  all i can say is REALLY ?

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I'm...well, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. My initial reaction is just kind of:

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-I

Jon is fine, dammit.

Dead

Dead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Meh.

344eatt.jpg

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Loved it. I hope this is how Negan dies because it's absolutely poetic. For the people who think his 180 is implausible, go back and reread some of the older issues. This is absolutely consistent with Negan's character. This was all set up from the beginning

I wish I didn't get spoiled that Negan died so I could've been on the edge of my seat during the talk and actually believe Rick

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

TomTom

TomTom

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationSouth Africa

Loved it. I hope this is how Negan dies because it's absolutely poetic. For the people who think his 180 is implausible, go back and reread some of the older issues. This is absolutely consistent with Negan's character. This was all set up from the beginning

I wish I didn't get spoiled that Negan died so I could've been on the edge of my seat during the talk and actually believe Rick

Me too bro... I got seriously annoyed this morning... Just meant I couldn't wait the work day out and had to buy it off my phone... When i read what happened I was like, OK that's it, purchase NOW... 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

This sure was a lame way to get revenge for Glen and all the others......

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Ever since What Comes After, what has Negan tried to prove? That he can be reasonable. He spared Carl, killed Spencer to save Rick, was going to let Rick off the hook with supplies, saved Holly from being raped, etc. Negan has done atrocious things, but so has Rick. Negan even admitted to not enjoying killing Glenn

In Negan's last moments, he proved that he could be reasonable, but Rick killed him anyway out of revenge for Glenn. Bodies will drop next issue and it's going to be Rick's fault (he killed in the "truce" zone). In this last confrontation, Rick became the villain

I'm surprised so many people hated it. This honestly redeemed all the shit I've dealt with for the past two years

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

looked like a pretty superficial wound, hoping for a jolly good beating to close this out and move on.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I'm pretty sure Rick didn't care and just wanted that fucker dead

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

Negan's not dead. Rick nicked his throat with the knife. I was fully expecting Negan to be baiting Rick into believing he would work with him, only to start a physical altercation. Rick just beat him to the punch.

Michonne, Jesus, and the rest are in wait. I assume they'll start pointing their guns at the remaining Saviors who will do the same, then Dwight and Carson will talk them down. I doubt many of the Saviors will be assimilated into the community. Many of them have probably done too many bad things.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I'm pretty sure Rick didn't care and just wanted that fucker dead

Well he should have cared....... he made a promise to Maggie.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Ever since What Comes After, what has Negan tried to prove? That he can be reasonable. He spared Carl, killed Spencer to save Rick, was going to let Rick off the hook with supplies, saved Holly from being raped, etc. Negan has done atrocious things, but so has Rick. Negan even admitted to not enjoying killing Glenn

In Negan's last moments, he proved that he could be reasonable, but Rick killed him anyway out of revenge for Glenn. Bodies will drop next issue and it's going to be Rick's fault (he killed in the "truce" zone). In this last confrontation, Rick became the villain

I'm surprised so many people hated it. This honestly redeemed all the shit I've dealt with for the past two years

You know what, I actually AGREE with you.

Negan's 180 didn't surprise me at all, in fact I kind of expected it. Despite what that guy did to Glenn, he did spare Carl. Not that Negan's a good guy, he's an asshole, but the whole reasonable aspect I sort of expected to come from his schizophrenic personality.

My only complaint was that this issue did feel sort of rushed like BuzzFactory said, but that's about it. This whole arc has felt a bit disjointed but this issue was ok.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Well he should have cared....... he made a promise to Maggie.

And he fulfilled it. Regardless of whether or not Negan dies immediately from the wound, he's out. Should Rick have waited for Negan to have a "cooler" death? Hell no. He had a chance and he took it. I don't think Maggie will have any complaints

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

You know what, I actually AGREE with you.

Negan's 180 didn't surprise me at all, in fact I kind of expected it. Despite what that guy did to Glenn, he did spare Carl. Not that Negan's a good guy, he's an asshole, but the whole reasonable aspect I sort of expected to come from his schizophrenic personality.

My only complaint was that this issue did feel sort of rushed like BuzzFactory said, but that's about it. This whole arc has felt a bit disjointed but this issue was ok.

We agree on something? I'm shocked

But yeah. This issue was rushed. Rick should've thought he was infected for longer and we should've had more reactions from Carl and Andrea. Plus, 12 hours passed in the blink of an eye

The end was enough to pull this into a top 10 for me, though. I would've been more pissed if Rick shot Negan with a bazooka

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

And he fulfilled it. Regardless of whether or not Negan dies immediately from the wound, he's out. Should Rick have waited for Negan to have a "cooler" death? Hell no. He had a chance and he took it. I don't think Maggie will have any complaints

Im not saying Rick should have waited for a "cooler" way to kill Negan but RK should have wrote a "cooler" way.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!