Issue 124 Review

- - - - - Review

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

People keep saying you couldn't have a 12 book arc that is all action, and I agree to a point. But it's the pacing and build I have a problem with. It's way too choppy, and feels like too many good ideas we're crammed in, at the cost of great ideas not being fully formed and developed.

Agree

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Anyone else get a kick out of Carl bossing around Gregory? haha

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Dwight is still fucked...a scratch would have sufficed but he actually goes and shoots Rick through the right side. Negan is right, Dwight doesn't have a brain.

Actually he does. Negan would know something is up immediately if dwight didn't shoot him. Dwight didn't go straight for a kill shot. At this point it seems the bolt wasn't infected. Negan however seems to think it was. This way he thinks rick would suffer and everyone could watch him die slowly, and there's nothing they could do.

Dwight made the right move, as of right now he has had several chances to screw rick over and hasn't done it yet.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
It's kinda funny how war weary we have all become. Like most wars, this seemed like a better idea on the other side of last October. Now it's just dragging. But with two to go, the end is in sight! And it does feel like change is in the wind...

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Aaaaaand......here I'am.

Not too often I get to work with night colors, so i thank Adlard and Gaudiano for the amazing art this issue.

Peek-a-boo.png

379px-Negan_looking_all_smug_and_shit_pa

Negan_is_coming_to_your_town.png

I hope you like it. A tribute to an great issue.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I will be glad when this arc is over i am kinda getting sick of attack/retreat rinse repeat.

Yeah. I agree with that. I was expecting this to be the last battle of the volume but then Negan retreated again. Sigh...

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Nice work, Koibito!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

This Issue was slightly disappointing. 6/10.

Glad to see the Euge taking charge though. He has more potential then anyone besides Carl.

The rest of the issue was meh...wish Negan would die already. I like his character but he's going nowhere. Kirkman could've done more with him then just have him for entertainment by swearing all the time. I wish Kirk delved more into how the Saviors worked before this war because I don't feel myself caring about Negan's death, I'm ready to move on from this arc.

I think Rick needs to die, AOW in its entirety so far has been a 6.8/10 for me. Rick dieing would move it up to an 8.5/10. I sort of wouldn't mind moving on from the cast at this point. I only want to see Carl, Andrea, the Euge, Dwight, Jesus and Maggie survive at this point.

I agree Rick needs to die but this would be a way disappointing way for him to get taken out.

I expect nothing short of epic for Rick`s death and so far AOW has not been very epic.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Solid enough issue.

Could have done without yet another "Negan makes masturbatory speech about how fucking fuck fuckity fuck fucking awesome he and his plan is" ending, though

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

and where the hell did all of Negan's combat smarts go?
He was smart enough to put snipers out when he went to ASZ, but thinks, "hey we have them all cornered in this house. lets barge in through the front door. I mean, they're all still armed, but hey. what could go wrong?"

I didn't like how they found out about the gunked up weapons either. It just felt forced. "Is that what I think it is?" 
Yes, Michonne, it's a knife. Congratulations.
Would have preferred it to have played out like "This is the 3rd weapon I've found like this. What were they doing?" followed by Carson's realizing what it meant.
The way it did play out, it just felt like they both already knew

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

6.5/10

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Couple thoughts

1. AOW probably would have been better off with 6 double sized issues, still releasing on a monthly basis

2. While I was all on board with Rick dying at first, not anymore. From the looks of it, if he dies this arc, it's gonna either be a weak death "oh noooooo am infect. :///////" or it's going to be way too over-the-top hollywood which is what my money's on)

I feel like the best way to have Rick die would be *BAM* it just happens. Like Donna or TV Axel

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

When people follow or help rick, they die. When people follow or help Eugene, they come out fine (except abe). 

Since Eugene popped his murder cherry, I believe he's fit for leadership. Rick can go fuck off and die. 

BRING ON THE EUGE!

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

and where the hell did all of Negan's combat smarts go?
He was smart enough to put snipers out when he went to ASZ, but thinks, "hey we have them all cornered in this house. lets barge in through the front door. I mean, they're all still armed, but hey. what could go wrong?"

Negan is cunning, but isn't it clear that Negan when he is calm and Negan when he is frustrated are sort of....opposites. When he is calm, he is mocking and very methodical.

When he is on his last nerves or when he is just too damn sure of himself....he throws all that away.  He isn't really mocking people, only annoyed and rude.

He feels like nothing can take him down or he just doesnt bother to think about the possibility of him going down, as he's too irritated/arrogant to think rationally.

It's been 24 issues. This  isnt really an surprise at this point, we've seen how he works by now.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Actually he does. Negan would know something is up immediately if dwight didn't shoot him. Dwight didn't go straight for a kill shot. At this point it seems the bolt wasn't infected. Negan however seems to think it was. This way he thinks rick would suffer and everyone could watch him die slowly, and there's nothing they could do.

Dwight made the right move, as of right now he has had several chances to screw rick over and hasn't done it yet.

Then why not shoot Rick in the leg? It reminds me of the scene in Dumb and Dumber when Harry is given a bullet proof vest and tossed into action. Afterward, he asks what happened if he were shot in the head and was told by the police it was a chance they were willing to take.

I can see Rick asking the same question, and I'd lol hard if Dwight says it's a chance he was willing to take

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Didn't feel like much really happened this issue, and Negan retreating again is pretty disappointing.

I'm also a little sad that Nicholas is going to die; I always thought that he had a lot of potential that never really got realized, and now it never will. This war sure has been hell for the ASZ characters; they've been dropping like flies, and yet not a single pre-ASZ character has died since Glenn.

On the bright side though, I'm more convinced than ever that Rick will survive - he doesn't seem to have a fever yet, and the way Kirkman's handled this whole "Rick could die" thing screams troll so loudly it could probably attract a herd.

And Euge just gets more awesome every issue. The guy's a total champ.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

I agree Rick needs to die but this would be a way disappointing way for him to get taken out.

I expect nothing short of epic for Rick`s death and so far AOW has not been very epic.

seriously...not with a bang, but a whimper.

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

Anyone else get a kick out of Carl bossing around Gregory? haha

favorite part of the issue! Really like the differance between euge having his first human kill and dealing with the guilt...and then there's Carl...scary ass child soilder, hits dude right between the eyes and didn't even blink... Or wink...confusing with the whole cyclops thing

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

And two more colorings for all you fans.

Let_there_be_light.png

AND_THE_LIGHT_SHALL_SHINE_DOWN_UPON_YE.p

Might have a few more done later....As of now, i'm just squeeing over how colorable this issue was.

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

LETTER HACKS #124

Spoiler

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Lol at the dark road with a big shiny moon in the sky. Do they even think before they draw anymore?

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

A pretty good issue, but once again it just felt like foreplay from that bloody prick tease Kirkman. Im so sick of the get out clause that Kirkman seems to deploy at the end of every issue of having Negan retreat to the outskirts. End the issue with Negan saying how and why Rick is fucking fucked. It pisses me off because its so obviously a bad writing trick so he can have moments where the characters are just sat around talking. Negan is a smart guy, he should have drove home his advantage about 4 times now, he has had this war all but won a few times then slinked off.

Positive of the issue as everyone has said. The Euge is fucking AMAZING these days, maybe when he bit off Dwights balls he absorbed them and now he is a 4 balled hero. He is cuttingly honest 'we don't really need you anymore'. He is calm under pressure, getting everyone out alive in a high pressure situation. He takes out the threat (his first human kill).

Quite simply he is a leader.... OH SHIT GUYS HES A LEADER. What if Rick dies and The Euge steps up, maybe unlikely but this guy is the guy I would trust over Rick at this point. Rick is all just 'oh gosh darn what a wonderful world' The Euge gets shit done!!!

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver
Decent issue all around, except for the fact we learned very little about "that arrow thing sticking out of Rick." But the one thought that I cant get out of my head is... why the hell wouldnt any of the shooters in the window (ESPECIALLY everyones favorite sharpshooter, Andrea) just aim for Negan FIRST. The saviors could not have been more than 50 feet from them.. and Negan sort of sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest.
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" – Bran Stark
"That is the only time a man can be brave." – Eddard Stark

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
4 balled hero lmao

'Rick' Duff

'Rick' Duff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAberystwyth, Wales

And two more colorings for all you fans.

Let_there_be_light.png

AND_THE_LIGHT_SHALL_SHINE_DOWN_UPON_YE.p

Might have a few more done later....As of now, i'm just squeeing over how colorable this issue was.

Doesn't anyone have xenon headlights in the apocalypse? Brilliant work as always Kobito, I always look forward to these when the new issue is out.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!