JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

TWD-cover-124-dressed.jpeg

The Walking Dead Issue 124
Release Date: March 26, 2014
"This war has taken a toll on us all."

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Pretty decent issue. I'm disappointed that Negan retreated again and I feel like I've seen the ending to this issue at least two times before. I'm wondering how things will play out next issue if there is going to be a bloodbath

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

esenpi

esenpi

Infected

• Members
Major death?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
None. Nicholas gets infected and Eugene kills a Savior. He remarks it's the first man he's ever killed

The survivors also find out the Saviors infected their weapons. However, even though it's not mentioned, Rick hasn't gotten a fever yet, while everyone else has

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Decent issue. Loved when Jesus and Michonne got their dual ninja acton on together to take out roamers in the yard after Negan retreated. That was a pretty awesome tactic on Michonne and Ezekiels part to get all the headlights on the Saviors and Andrea, Carl and the rest in the house just opened fire. Negan must have lost 15-20 men. His army has to be pretty much decimated at this point since that brings the Saviors death count up to the 75-80 range and he can't have had more than 100-120 people in his army to start with way back in issue 97. Definitely think that Dwight did not muck up his bolts since Nicholas (poor Nicholas!) and others already had the fever. Hell Nicholas was injured after Rick was and Rick seems fine. Great episode for the Euge! He's turning into one of my favorite characters. So he killed a scumbag Savior as his first human kill, he saved Carson, Holly, Mark and the 3-4 other people with him, Euge is a hero! I just hope they can make it to the Hilltop to help out before it's too late. Now that Harlan, Michonne and Jesus discovered the mucked up melee weapons I think they'll probably keep a very close watch on those who have fevers, I don't think they're dumb enough to be so careless to let them turn and not do anything. Negan is just banking on Rick getting the fever and dying, but he seems fine. If Rick does die somehow, that will only serve to make Rick a martyr and will work against Negan for sure. I mean, the Saviors have to be outnumbered by a lot at this point with the number of Saviors who have died. Anyway, decent issue, not my favorite, but makes me excited to see the conclusion in the next 2 issues!

esenpi

esenpi

Infected

• Members
So its again a build off with nothing happenin? Damn!

I havent read this issue yet, but as of now All out war is the worst arc in the series. :/

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Welp, RIP Nicholas. First major death.

Yeah, I'm now 99.9% sure that Rick's bolt wasn't contaminated. Nicholas was attacked after Rick and started running a fever the next morning. Same as everyone else that was injured. However, Rick didn't have a fever and seemed perfectly fine. Guess we'll have to wait for next issue to really know for sure.

However, he THINKS he's going to die. So whoever called Rick going after Negan with everything he's got because he thinks he has nothing to lose might be right. 

How exactly did Dwight get everyone out of the van? Did I miss something?

So glad this arc will be over soon. I can't stand Negan and his magical army of inconsistencies. Exactly how many men does he have? Again, three, THREE communities against one. Is he shitting soldiers, or what?

Letter Hacks: we'll find out who Olivia has been sleeping with soon. Oooohh!

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

So its again a build off with nothing happenin? Damn!

I havent read this issue yet, but as of now All out war is the worst arc in the series. :/

I'm not ready to call it the worst of the series yet , but to say its disappointing is an understatement. Seems like a missed opertunity, could of been incredible. It's hard to put a fine point on why it hasn't delivered, but I'm holding out hope that it will be a better read in one or two sittings.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Welp what can i say but:

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

hahha!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

How exactly did Dwight Eugene get everyone out of the van? Did I miss something?

That's a good question. My guess is that they had enough space between roamers to make it out without getting touched. Since they put something on the horn to make it keep going off it drew all the roamers to the van instead of them. Carson likely knew the way into the Saviors Outpost where this Donnie was was. Why would Negan only leave one guy there though? Maybe because he has almost no soldiers left?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I'm not ready to call it the worst of the series yet , but to say its disappointing is an understatement. Seems like a missed opertunity, could of been incredible. It's hard to put a fine point on why it hasn't delivered, but I'm holding out hope that it will be a better read in one or two sittings.

As someone else said (HolySock?), I think expecting 12 issues of craziness instead of a reasonably paced arc is a little unreasonable

Anyway, I think we'll know for sure once the arc is over. I can't believe some people think this is the worst arc in the series, though. Compared to some other duds, things are at least happening

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

That's a good question. My guess is that they had enough space between roamers to make it out without getting touched. Since they put something on the horn to make it keep going off it drew all the roamers to the van instead of them. Carson likely knew the way into the Saviors Outpost where this Donnie was was. Why would Negan only leave one guy there though? Maybe because he has almost no soldiers left?

Oh! So that's what the "EEEEEEE" sound effect was! I thought it was Donnie as he was about to be pushed off the building

Dead

Dead

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Love the Jesus & Michonne ninja squad.

2efi5nq.jpg

344eatt.jpg

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Yeah that was awesome. I'd been waiting to see that.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Oh! So that's what the "EEEEEEE" sound effect was! I thought it was Donnie as he was about to be pushed off the building

Hahaha, Donnie the psycho killer guy sounding like a fangirl as he plummets to his death. 

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members

As someone else said (HolySock?), I think expecting 12 issues of craziness instead of a reasonably paced arc is a little unreasonable

Anyway, I think we'll know for sure once the arc is over. I can't believe some people think this is the worst arc in the series, though. Compared to some other duds, things are at least happening

im fine with a slow methodical pace, but it feels like rehashing at this point. As someone else stated, this is like the third time negan has come up with a hand wringing mustache twirling plan...waiting for the "curses! Foiled again!".

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
Negan feels like bush at this point. Mission accomplished...oh wait

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

curses-foiled-again.serendipityThumb.gif

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
Negan seems like bush league because he was always just a bully that got everyone to cave into his way. Having to actually go to war has thrown him way off guard.

The entire time I was reading the issue, I thought 'Negan just created the martyr in Rick and now he's fucked.'

With two issues left in the war, Ricks possible infection will be the rallying cry as they launch a swift blitzkrieg attack to finish off Negan. I can almost see Rick making some kind of speech that he will live long enough to see Negan die and do some crazy shit.

Dwight is still fucked...a scratch would have sufficed but he actually goes and shoots Rick through the right side. Negan is right, Dwight doesn't have a brain.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
Eugene Porter 2016

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

I thought this shot was gorgeous. 

Spoiler

But with a full moon like that, I don't know why they kept saying the night was too dark. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I will be glad when this arc is over i am kinda getting sick of attack/retreat rinse repeat.

Its not the worst the comic has been but imo its been utterly disappointing.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Sgthewolverine

Sgthewolverine

Lurker

• Members
People keep saying you couldn't have a 12 book arc that is all action, and I agree to a point. But it's the pacing and build I have a problem with. It's way too choppy, and feels like too many good ideas we're crammed in, at the cost of great ideas not being fully formed and developed.

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

This Issue was slightly disappointing. 6/10.

Glad to see the Euge taking charge though. He has more potential then anyone besides Carl.

The rest of the issue was meh...wish Negan would die already. I like his character but he's going nowhere. Kirkman could've done more with him then just have him for entertainment by swearing all the time. I wish Kirk delved more into how the Saviors worked before this war because I don't feel myself caring about Negan's death, I'm ready to move on from this arc.

I think Rick needs to die, AOW in its entirety so far has been a 6.8/10 for me. Rick dieing would move it up to an 8.5/10. I sort of wouldn't mind moving on from the cast at this point. I only want to see Carl, Andrea, the Euge, Dwight, Jesus and Maggie survive at this point.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!