Season 3 Top 5 Moments?

Season 3

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.

What would be your top 5 scenes/moments from season 3?

Mine would be..

1. Lori's death & Ricks reactions. ( All of this scene, also Carl & Maggie's reaction was amazing )

2. Rick & Morgan in Clear.

3. Merle attacking the Governor, Merle & Gov's fight, & Daryl killing zombie Merle.

4. The group fighting their way into the prison, Cutting Herschels leg off, dealing with Tomas&Andrew..

5. Episode 10, 'Home' battle. 

Honorable Mentions..

The battle in 'Made to Suffer' and Daryl, Merle being reunited.

Rick & Lori's conversation at the end of Sick.

Michonne vs Merle in Hounded, as well Merle's confrontation with Glenn & Maggie.

Andrea's death ( so emotional.. )

Merle's return and the introduction of the Governor was pretty awesome!

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

It's still weird to me that Andrea is dead.... like she needs to still be alive :/ 

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members
5. When the surviving members of the Woodbury army express a desire to return to Woodbury and leave the prison group alone, the Governor, while Martinez and Shumpert watch in horror, guns them down and executes them all except for Karen who pretends to be dead but survives. ("Welcome to the Tombs")

4. Upon learning of Andrea's departure, The Governor tracks her down and hunts for her in an abandoned warehouse. ("Prey")

3. Merle drinks whiskey and blasts Motörhead's Fast And Loose while leading a parade of walkers to the Governor's meeting place. ("This Sorrowful Life")

2. Morgan explains that his son, Duane, was bitten and infected by his turned wife, whom he had been reluctant to put down. Morgan explains that whenever he turned on his own walkie-talkie every day at dawn, Rick never had his on. Rick invites Morgan to return to the prison with the group, but Morgan refuses, not wanting to witness any more death. Morgan's mission, he believes, is to "clear" the world of walkers. ("Clear")

1. Rick learns of Lori's death and collapses in mourning. ("Killer Within") - Probably the best moment of the entire series to me; completely gut-wrenching

Honorable Mentions:

Rick breaks down to Lori over the phone, accepting her death and rejoining the group. ("Hounded")

After Tomas sets Rick up to die in the laundry room fight with walkers, Rick immediately kills Tomas. Andrew attempts to retaliate but finds himself outnumbered and flees into a walker-infested prison yard, where Rick leaves him to his fate. ("Sick")

Rick takes T-Dog, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, and Hershel get separated inside the prison tombs. While searching for Glenn and Maggie, Hershel gets bitten on the lower leg by a walker. ("Seed")

Rick, Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn and Maggie fight off walkers outside the prison. ("Seed")

Rick is cornered by the incoming walkers with his back pressed against the outside prison fence but is saved by Daryl and Merle. ("Home")

Thierry88

Thierry88

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNetherlands

1. Daryl mourning Carols supposed death by hacking with his knife in the ground and wall before standing up, kicking against the moving door and opening it to find Carol alive.

2. Andrea arriving at the prison and finally being reunited with her old group, only to be harshly treated and distrusted by Rick

3. Rick picking up an axe and goes into the tombs, hacking every walker he comes across.

4. Merle "offering" some whiskey to a walker and laughing.

5. Both the prison group and Woodbury people returning home after their meeting with "Warm Shadow" by Fink playing, everyone aware that it was just a sham and a war between both camps is coming. 

Honorable

- Daryl and Merle finally reunited

- The Governor holding a speech about the soldiers not having their walls and fences while he and his men actually killed them

- The "biter-gram"

- Merle having a change of heart after Michonne talks into him

- The Governor shooting in the air during the first prison attack with a sadistic smile, to the surprise of Shumpert

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter
1: Lori's death. The emotion of the scene was heartbreaking and screams in the end chilled me to the bone. Maggie and Carl emerged much greater and darker characters after the event and I love it (Maggie having three kills under her belt and Carl preventing possible threats by just shooting them.

2: Prison Clearout. Just loved this scene for the action and the teamwork displayed between Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie and T-Dog, and the rest. Loved how they took out the riot gear suit zombies and how they were more aware of their surroundings (excluding Hershel bless his soul)

3: Lori's last picture: Loved how Carl was determined to make sure Judith would always remember her mother, and also for himself. And how Michonne was willing to help him retrieve it and was accepted into the group due to this (makes it even more better considering by season 4 we've learnt that she lost a child and at the time understood how Carl felt)

4: Merle's sacrifice: Merle who was always portrayed as a scumbag redneck redeemed himself majorly in his final moments. He understood at that point what Daryl saw within the group and was willing to die for them just to give Daryl happiness IMO. (Plus loved the callback to guts)

5: Just go Daddy. Really loved the scene between Maggie and an unconscious Hershel. Was the first time I really started to notice and root for Maggie, and Cohen outside herself with the acting as she came across as a desperate girl who just wanted to give her father the peace he deserved.

And just for fun the bottom 5 moments.

1: Andrea's character: I think we all know what I mean. Who once was a favourite of mine slowly dragged to the dog pits. Absolutely hated her at the end and was glad to see her go, I really wish it hadn't turned out that way :(

2: The Fast Pace: Now don't misunderstand me I love action scenes as long as it is balanced. But one of the reasons why I feel the comics is better than the TV as they have moments in which everybody just relaxes and try to have a normal life. They played basketball and had sex. Not much else to do, but they enjoyed it. However, in season3 it felt like the prison wasn't even a home and it was just SHOCKING SCENE AFTER SHOCKING SCENE AFTER SHOCKING SCENE with no breath for air Inbetween.

3: Ghost Lori: They should have just left the telephone scene as it was. No need for Rick chasing after a chick in a white dress, give us more scenes of much needed character development instead of this crazy shit.

4: T-Dog and Oscar's wasted potential: Really hated the fact that they died so soon. Just as T-Dog got interesting he got killed. I really feel that Oscar could have lived past season3 and into season4 and even 5.

5: Beth's singing, enough said.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

S3 was such a mess it'll be hard for me to pick any best moments. But I'll try.

1. Lori's death
  2. Merle's death
  3. Glenn's defending himself from a walker while tied up.
  4. Clearing the prison in ep1.
  5. The walker bomb

Dumbest moment qualifies as dumbest moment in television history

Lori getting eaten whole by a walker

The Walking Shooter

The Walking Shooter

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationJupiter

Lori getting eaten whole by a walker

For god sakes how did I forget that scene lol. Every time I see that scene it completely takes me out of the show because I can't justify why in earth it managed to do that (and in a couple of hours as well).

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!