A Light In The Dark

- - - - - Daryl Dixon OFC romance

kirstenoid

kirstenoid

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Hey Y'all,

I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to write my own FF. I've got three chapters so far. Here is part of the first chapter:

So this is how everything ends. After all the running, after all the blood shed involving both the dead and the living this is it. I suppose starving to death in a closet with a single dead man outside isn't the worst way to go in this world. I think I remember some show saying that humans can't survive more than three days without water. The same show said that a human could survive for up to thirty days with enough water, but no food.

Thank God I don't have either food or water. Another day is all I could have at most.

I'm wakened suddenly from my half-sleep by a loud thud – the rhythmic rattle of the dead man's breathing interrupted. The closet doors fly open, and a bright light shines into my eyes through the darkness, blinding me. I reach up weakly to shield my eyes. I try to speak, but I can't – I'm too weak and dehydrated. All that I can manage is a small, "Help". The next thing I know, strong arms lift me up, the scent of pine and gasoline washing over me. "I got you, don't worry," says an unfamiliar voice. "Name's Daryl."

Read the rest at:

https://www.fanficti...ght-in-the-Dark

Please review either on ff.net, comment on this thread, or PM me!

Thanks for reading!

XOXO

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationSouthern Md. Chesapeake Bay

kirstenoid, good job,   LIKE    what you are writing

Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

kirstenoid

kirstenoid

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

kirstenoid, good job,   LIKE    what you are writing

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to comment! You've inspired me to work on an update and get it up today! MUAH!

kirstenoid

kirstenoid

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Hi Everyone!

I just posted Chapter 4. Here is a little excerpt:

I was sitting in the courtyard, having just finished with the laundry. The familiar rumbling of a motorcycle prompted me to jog over and open the gate. Michonne had already glided off the back of the bike, casually skewering one dead man through the eye socket, decapitating another dead man as she swung her sword out of the first one. Truly, she made the apocalypse look cool. Daryl rolled his bike in, Michonne following him.

"How was the run?"

Michonne answered me.

"Pretty good. We re-stocked on all the medical supplies we were missing, but the real jackpot was finding cans of icing."

"Glad to hear it!"

Daryl finally focused his attention on me. I was pretty sure I bored him.

"Ankle any better?"

"Yeah, thanks. I'm supposed to see Doc Carson later today."

"Good."

Alright. Daryl's terrible at small talk. Or he definitely finds me boring.

Read the rest at: https://www.fanficti...ght-in-the-Dark

If you enjoyed reading, or didn't enjoy reading, please review! I love to get feedback :).

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members

Good job, am liking this and getting into it.

Roll outta my coffin Drink poison in my chalice Pride begins to fade And y'all feel my malice

kirstenoid

kirstenoid

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Chapter 6 is up! I love it when people review, comment or PM me! It inspires me :). A big shout out to the Walkin Dude . . . the only person reading and enjoying on this forum?!

"What do we do?"

"Stay here, and hope they don't take interest in the house."

It didn't seem like a very convincing plan, but I didn't have any better ideas at the moment. Daryl and I stood silently, both of us leaning against opposite walls of the pantry. It was completely dark, and I wouldn't have known he was there except for his steady breath. I kept my hands in my pockets, trying to warm up. Once cold settled into my bones, it was hard to convince it to leave. I wish I'd thought to grab the blankets as I'd followed Daryl to the pantry – he had said it might be a long night. At least Lizzie and Mika were pretty comfortable and warm. Their cupboard contained all the extra blankets, and they could probably stretch out fully and just sleep through the night.

Read the rest at: https://www.fanficti...ght-in-the-Dark

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members

kirstenoid, i read your latest chapter and enjoyed that as much , as all the others. I have pointed this out to many other writers here before if you look at the fanfiction list you will see your story has received 220 views.  Why more people don't reply, i don't know.

A Light In The Dark

Started by kirstenoid, 14 Mar 2014   icon_tag.pngDaryl Dixon, OFC, romance

kirstenoid

kirstenoid

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

kirstenoid, i read your latest chapter and enjoyed that as much , as all the others. I have pointed this out to many other writers here before if you look at the fanfiction list you will see your story has received 220 views.  Why more people don't reply, i don't know.

A Light In The Dark

Started by kirstenoid, 14 Mar 2014   icon_tag.pngDaryl Dixon, OFC, romance

Hey Walkin' dude - I only saw this post now! Yeah, I'm not sure why I don't get a lot of reviews or replies, here or on FF.net. It's weird. Considering the number of people following/favouriting I don't have that many reviews compared to other stories. I guess people that like my writing are the strong silent type?! Either way, I appreciate anyone reading my story, even if they don't want to comment.

I'm already up to Chapter 17 on this story, and I started another (see on my FF profile if you're interested). Here's a lil' excerpt:

<“They stopped here. Somethin’ went down here.” Daryl knelt to touch a few drops of fresh blood on the ground, and then stared up at the tree line. Without saying anything further, he started toward the trees. Now Rick and I could clearly see the trail. Someone had been dragged this way. As we got closer, one tree stood out with nylon rope around the back. Daryl started running towards it, with Rick and me following. I could see the booted leg of whoever was tied to the tree lying on the ground. Daryl rounded the tree first. Daryl fell to his knees, a cry of frustration, anger, and anguish escaping his mouth.>

Read the rest at: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5572784/

Thanks again for reading!!

the Walkin Dude

the Walkin Dude

Roamer

• Members

Wow, just caught up with your story and finished Chapter 17, Carol was a real surprise Good Job.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!