Robert Kirkman Ama

* * * * * 2 Reddit

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members

Someone asked: What's going to happen in the next issue of The Walking Dead ?!

Kirkman: We learn Rick's final fate.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Someone asked: What's going to happen in the next issue of The Walking Dead ?!

Kirkman: We learn Rick's final fate.

Well that doesn't sound good. Final fate usually means, well, death. 

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

Yeah. it would only be final if he died. Therefore, he is either blatantly lying or Rick dies next issue.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I hope Kirkman was just trolling.........

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
I admit, the phrasing there worries me somewhat too.

Although it is fairly likely that he just used it because it sounds more dramatic, or is just trolling us again.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

I feel like he told us nothing we didn't already know. I was very disappointed. granted I don't blame him! I don't like spoilers so I should not complain.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I feel like he told us nothing we didn't already know. I was very disappointed. granted I don't blame him! I don't like spoilers so I should not complain.

We found out that Andrew Lincoln got shit on by pigs, so I'd say it was a success

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members
Every time he talked about Survival Instinct, I laughed.

esenpi

esenpi

Infected

• Members
Im sure of this now: All out waŕs end will be a HUGE cliff hanger on whos alive/dead. 127, 128... Will be Negańs backstory. And when thats done, we will be back to where the cliffhanger will have dropped us.

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationU.S.A.

Damn, I missed it...

I would have asked him what was up with Negan thinking Holly was Andrea.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

I would ask if any significant "time jumps" were planned or would Issue #300 be a year or so after AOW? Will the comic ever see Carl get "lucky"- I say his odds are pretty good of that happening right now....

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Interesting AMA. There were a few interesting tidbits of information there. I'm not totally caught up on the comics yet so I had a couple things spoiled (Rick's fate being in question and Jesus being homosexual), but I knew the risk of that going in. I really hope he does more of these, because there weren't nearly enough good questions answered as I would have liked, but the answers he did provide were great and not as troll-y as I expected.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Yeah. I was thinking he would be dodgy but he was pretty straight-up. I like Letter Hacks but this was way better (I would've liked some stronger questions, though)

He did that annoying thing that a lot of people do on AMAs, though. A Redditor would ask two questions but he'd only answer one and ignore the other

But if you guys want a hilarious AMA, check out Woody Harrelson's. It's obviously his PR guy and it's so terrible, I couldn't stop laughing. Same with Morgan Freeman's

http://www.reddit.co...y_harrelson_ama

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Yeah. I was thinking he would be dodgy but he was pretty straight-up. I like Letter Hacks but this was way better (I would've liked some stronger questions, though)

He did that annoying thing that a lot of people do on AMAs, though. A Redditor would ask two questions but he'd only answer one and ignore the other

But if you guys want a hilarious AMA, check out Woody Harrelson's. It's obviously his PR guy and it's so terrible, I couldn't stop laughing. Same with Morgan Freeman's

http://www.reddit.co...y_harrelson_ama

True, but to be fair there were several people he did answer multiple questions for. One guy asked him five questions in one post, and he answered them all. I liked that he didn't just give three word responses to everything, a couple questions he answered in full on paragraph mode, which was neat.

Oh my glob, that Woody Harrelson AMA...*shudders*

Jon is fine, dammit.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I honestly felt so bad for Woody when he did that AMA. So much cringe reading back to the answer he..or should I say his PR agent gave. And wasn't Morgan Freeman's photo edited or something like that?

Also I thought the last answer Kirkman gave about the showrunners, previous and current was interesting. He mentioned that he was "on the sidelines" during every decision made to fire Darabont and Mazzara, which I assumed he played a big part in. Or maybe he did but he obviously didn't want to go into details for obvious reasons.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

JM, thanks for sharing that link. It just came up in Jeff Goldblum's AMA (which has been awesome btw).

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I figured I'd revive this thread instead of starting a new one. Sean Mackiewicz is doing an AMA on June 17th at 3:30

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Oh, and an AMA with Melissa Hutchinson

http://www.reddit.co...telltale_games/

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!