Robert Kirkman Ama

* * * * * 2 Reddit

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

If this is already out there somewhere and I've missed it, my bad. Otherwise, Kirkman is doing a Reddit AMA Wednesday, March 19th from 4-6 pm.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/11/the-walking-dead-creator-robert-kirkman-to-host-reddit-ama-next-wednesday-march-19/

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Nice. I hope some R&Lers who have reddit accounts ask some good questions haha

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I got mine ready !

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Nice. I hope some R&Lers who have reddit accounts ask some good questions haha

I wouldn't be able to think straight to ask a decent question. It'd be my luck I'd get a chance and just be like, "Uh...so how do magnets work?"  :unsure2: 

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I wouldn't be able to think straight to ask a decent question. It'd be my luck I'd get a chance and just be like, "Uh...so how do magnets work?"  :unsure2: 

Haha! Yeah. And you know any legit questions about where the story is going and whats in store after AOW is going to be answered with "well.. maybe, you'll just have to read it and find out..."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

how bout " can you eat more healthy and work out more please? "  so we can have more WD.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

I'm actually not excited about this ama. He's just going to troll super hard and dodge every question.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Lurker

• Members

how bout " can you eat more healthy and work out more please? "  so we can have more WD.

he_s_right_you_know_by_nightdemon12-d70r

I can't believe you got him! You expert rooting-tooting, eagle-eyed, goth loving marksman! I love it. You managed to find a way to win. And everybody still loses!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

how bout " can you eat more healthy and work out more please? " so we can have more WD.

"I know a lot of old men. I know a lot of fat men. I don't know a lot of old fat men"

Anyway, maybe something big is going to happen in 123 and he just wants fans to be freaking out asking why he made a decision that he did

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

"I know a lot of old men. I know a lot of fat men. I don't know a lot of old fat men"

Anyway, maybe something big is going to happen in 123 and he just wants fans to be freaking out asking why he made a decision that he did

OR he is going to announce some crap for the tv show.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

I am disturbed that this thread has become a referendum against old fat men. 

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I hope he's not flaky and trolly.

He's obviously not going to give stuff away. 

I want people to ask about potential things that almost happened in the tv show/comics. Who almost died but didn't? Who do you miss most? Who died but you regret killing off? 

I know he's answered those briefly but hopefully he goes more in depth about how he feels about all the characters.

That's what interests me! 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Good questions Farswell. That stuff would be interesting indeed.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

I hope he's not flaky and trolly.

He's obviously not going to give stuff away. 

I want people to ask about potential things that almost happened in the tv show/comics. Who almost died but didn't? Who do you miss most? Who died but you regret killing off? 

I know he's answered those briefly but hopefully he goes more in depth about how he feels about all the characters.

That's what interests me! 

He'll probably just say that will all be in Cutting Room Floor. Maybe he'll give it one example. Probably one that's been said previously.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

I'd be more than happy to ask questions for people that don't have an account. Post your questions here and I'll try to get a response from the big teddy bear.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

I have an account but I'll probably miss it.

Whatever happened to the first Saviour we saw? The guy with the megaphone who also ambushed Rick in #100?

Why does Carl look like and seem to talk like a young teenager when an arc or two ago he looked and sounded about 9 years of age?

A general question about the development of Negan's storyline. Was it always meant to be this long? Is it one of his little detours? Was this roughly the direction he intended it to take or has it changed significantly?

Are there any characters he intended to kill off but decided against it?

TWD has largely been focused on its core cast. Rick, Andrea, Michonne, Carl, Abraham, Glenn. Maggie & Eugene have been given a bit more attention recently, and newcomers like Negan, Dwight, Ezekiel & Jesus have been given quite a bit of attention, but are there plans to make this book more of an ensemble story or will the small core cast continue to drive the book forward? Do you think the comic would stretch itself too thin focusing on many different characters like Gabriel, Aaron, Nicholas, Rosita, Olivia etc?

TWD has such a large revolving cast. Does he struggle to constantly create new characters with a unique voice? Does he have to really get into a character mindset before he writes or does it flow naturally? Any characters he feels are too shallow or need more of a distinct voice? Any characters he think has changed? (I know he believes Rick gradually lost his Southern quality and became a lot less regional).

Can he comment on his development of a post-apocalyptic psychology which seems the most apparent in the Kingdom & the Saviours. Conversely how does this contrast with the more normalized communities and leaders like Gregory or Douglas.

Does he think the 22 page 6 issue arc sometimes limits his storytelling abilities? Does he think some arcs would have benefited with more or less issues? Or does it kept him focused and the book structurally consistent?

Just thoughts I've had about the comics recently.

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland

Whatever happened to the first Saviour we saw? The guy with the megaphone who also ambushed Rick in #100?

The Moptop Savior? Yeah, I remember wanting and waiting to see him die, just because I hated his haircut. Haha.

Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

In issue #123 I was thinking this Saviour might be him but maybe not. He just seemed quite distinctive so it's weird that Kirkman & Adlard seemingly forgot about him (although he might show up in the next three issues).

43BBliA.png

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I have an account but I'll probably miss it.

Why does Carl look like and seem to talk like a young teenager when an arc or two ago he looked and sounded about 9 years of age?

A general question about the development of Negan's storyline. Was it always meant to be this long? Is it one of his little detours? Was this roughly the direction he intended it to take or has it changed significantly?

Are there any characters he intended to kill off but decided against it?

TWD has largely been focused on its core cast. Rick, Andrea, Michonne, Carl, Abraham, Glenn. Maggie & Eugene have been given a bit more attention recently, and newcomers like Negan, Dwight, Ezekiel & Jesus have been given quite a bit of attention, but are there plans to make this book more of an ensemble story or will the small core cast continue to drive the book forward? Do you think the comic would stretch itself too thin focusing on many different characters like Gabriel, Aaron, Nicholas, Rosita, Olivia etc?

TWD has such a large revolving cast. Does he struggle to constantly create new characters with a unique voice? Does he have to really get into a character mindset before he writes or does it flow naturally? Any characters he feels are too shallow or need more of a distinct voice? Any characters he think has changed? (I know he believes Rick gradually lost his Southern quality and became a lot less regional).

Can he comment on his development of a post-apocalyptic psychology which seems the most apparent in the Kingdom & the Saviours. Conversely how does this contrast with the more normalized communities and leaders like Gregory or Douglas.

Does he think the 22 page 6 issue arc sometimes limits his storytelling abilities? Does he think some arcs would have benefited with more or less issues? Or does it kept him focused and the book structurally consistent?

Just thoughts I've had about the comics recently.

These are some good questions. Unfortunately, AMAs on Reddit are notorious for people downvoting others in hopes of getting their question visible. Also, most people skip posts with multiple questions (or answer one question in the post)

I'd make a separate post for each of the questions

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members

http://www.reddit.co...lking_dead_ama/

Here is the link for those that are interested. He's still answering questions.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Well, he clarified this

a4d08ec81b55abafce15ef67d7b122f8.png

He's actually pretty hilarious

72efc652d1c20079497bb7a7cc34ba2d.png

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I love that a lot of his replies consist of trashing the Survival Instinct game.  :lol: 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

On Rick's hand:

[–]RobertKirkman[S] 21 points

32 minutes

ago

To clarify, I think cutting Rick's hand of when we did was GREAT for the comic. It's just that in another medium it would be harder to pull off, we cheat in the comic because things aren't moving. You can't do that on the show. You'd see Rick not being able to reload his gun, and things like that.

The CGI of cutting off Rick's hand would be expensive, but we did it with Hershel's leg so if we felt strongly about Rick losing a hand, we'd do it.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Here all the questions and answers in tabled form

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

This one...hmmm...

Hey Robert! Huge fan of your work, especially The Walking Dead. Started reading the compendium a few years ago, and I've been collecting them issue to issue since #96. Really enjoying All Out War right now!

I remember reading an interview from a while back in which you said you planned on having The Walking Dead span about 300 issues. As of now, is this still the plan for you, or could it continue indefinitely? If so, could we ever see the story shift to a new group/location entirely?

[–]RobertKirkman[S] 45 points

1 hour  ago

I do plan on doing at least 300 issues, but if I'm having this much fun then I won't stop there. Also, if I suddenly start having a lot LESS fun, I may end it earlier, but I don't see that happening. I'm in for the long haul, and Charlie Adlard is too. As far as a new group/location... not exactly... although there are some REALLY cool changes coming up in issue 127.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!