- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Thatguym

Thatguym

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
I think they foreshadowed his death more than once in last night's episode. First when Beth said she won't need him to survive anymore. Then when he was laying in the casket. I think daryl is gonna try to escape from the group of men who found him when they kill a group of people for their stuff, possibly eating them, and daryl is not able to do it. So he try to escape and they kill him in episode 15 like Merle was killed last season. Also Beth keep talking about how there's still good people, and daryl said he doesn't think the good ones survive. So he might try to be "good" by not killing people in cold blood for their stuff, and he ends up being killed.

RicksRightHandMan

RicksRightHandMan

Infected

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Yes I do. I've been thinking this for a while, since finding out they're introducing Abraham.

My prediction is that his new group run into some of his old group members, with the new ones wanting to kill the old ones. Daryl won't want to do it, and will die somehow.

DoctorManhattan89

DoctorManhattan89

Lurker

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

I honestly think he will and I think you have a very good hypothesis as to what may happen. 

I personally think he's going to go out saving Beth just to give people another reason to gush over him.

"We're all puppets Laurie, I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

D.O.D.I

D.O.D.I

Infected

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationScotland

No chance. He's AMCs cash cow.

He's as safe as Rick is for a few more seasons yet.

Posted Image

Two in the Head

Two in the Head

Infected

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

I think Daryl is pretty safe right now. I'm thinking Bob. Granted Bob was just introduced to the viewers this year, I consider him a second tier player in this series.  Norman Reedus has a fairly large fanbase, and all hell would break loose if they killed him off. People are still talking about Hershell being fragged so early into the series. If the showrunners are so hell bent on having a major character killed off each season they may regret it down the road. If they have to go with the grand finale kill this year, they could do Tara, Bob, Lizzie and Mika.

RicksRightHandMan

RicksRightHandMan

Infected

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
^I'd rather they kill Daryl than all those characters. Fans will be just as upset if they take the easy way out.

Dr.ChimRitchels

Dr.ChimRitchels

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
I don't think the guys Daryl's running with are cannibals, just some run-of-the-mill unsavory types. Now that he's met with them safely, he will probably revert back to his old ways, off-screen. I think his character will be put on the back-burner for a while, maybe until midway, next season- or even the end of next season, giving time to flesh-out characters like Abraham, Eugene, and Tyreese (while Reedus films Kirkman's sci-fi feature "Air"). When we see Daryl again, he will have undergone drastic changes to his physical appearance (scars, tattoos), and demeanor. Basically, I think he's being set-up to be "Dwighted"...

CoffeeZombie

CoffeeZombie

Infected

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I think Daryl will not die, but be injured in such a way that he will have to depend upon others to care for him.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationOttawa

I think Darryl will eventually save Beth, but he'll have to recover the worst of himself to do so. An internal journey into Hell in order to extricate Beth from the hands of whoever grabber her. 

I think neither will die and the show is teasing us with foreshadowing about them, only to ultimately kill someone else out of the blue. 

But I'm in no way certain.

Thatguym

Thatguym

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts

I think Daryl is pretty safe right now. I'm thinking Bob. Granted Bob was just introduced to the viewers this year, I consider him a second tier player in this series.  Norman Reedus has a fairly large fanbase, and all hell would break loose if they killed him off. People are still talking about Hershell being fragged so early into the series. If the showrunners are so hell bent on having a major character killed off each season they may regret it down the road. If they have to go with the grand finale kill this year, they could do Tara, Bob, Lizzie and Mika.

none of those characters are important to be a grand finale kill.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Lurker

• Members
  • 342 posts

I almost want him to disappear for a season or two only to show up later as the show's version of Dwight

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationOttawa

If they ever do a spin off, as has been speculated, Darryl would be the most obvious choice. Not what I would want though.

Macilly

Macilly

Infected

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMaryland

I have given the topic way more thought than any reasonable person should.  I have even tried to talk myself into being ok about it if he goes out in a really good death but....

No.  Just no.  I don't want him to die. 

He doesn't have to be on screen all the time but I just want to know he is out there somewhere. 

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Biter

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • LocationNot Hamerikwa, that's for sure

No chance. He's AMCs cash cow.

He's as safe as Rick is for a few more seasons yet.

This, as of now^

As much as I like the character though, I hope he dies eventually. However, he needs a memorable death.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Thatguym

Thatguym

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts

If they ever do a spin off, as has been speculated, Darryl would be the most obvious choice. Not what I would want though.

I have given the topic way more thought than any reasonable person should.  I have even tried to talk myself into being ok about it if he goes out in a really good death but....

No.  Just no.  I don't want him to die. 

He doesn't have to be on screen all the time but I just want to know he is out there somewhere.

it's not what you want, it's what you think is gonna happen. People's favorite characters die all the time. Also I doubt they're gonna just write him off like that.

Macilly

Macilly

Infected

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMaryland

it's not what you want, it's what you think is gonna happen. People's favorite characters die all the time. Also I doubt they're gonna just write him off like that.

Well, if they are going to kill him off they seem to be foreshadowing it over and over again.  Like hitting us over the head with it:

*Beth "you will be the last one standing". 

*Beth "I don't need you anymore"

*Daryl in coffin saying it most comfortable bed.

The writers seem more slick than that.  Perhaps they WANT us to believe he is in great mortal danger.   We are vested and fearing for his life - that is what a writer aims for.

Hopefully, he doesn't die b/c it will be interesting to see him interact with this new group.  They seem just like the idiots he told Beth that he & Merle hung with.

Edited by Macilly, 10 March 2014 - 06:30 PM.

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • 915 posts
  • LocationNortheast Texas

They seem just like the idiots he told Beth that he & Merle hung with.

^^This.  And just when he thought he'd overcome and escaped his past!  I feared for Daryl prior to the end of this last episode, but I actually think him being forced to join Joe's group may keep him alive longer, simply by giving him a new story to tell. 

"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • 545 posts
  • LocationOhio

they cannot take him out since that basically leaves rick michoone maggie glenn and sasha as zombie killers

but then they have superman tyreese for the herds 

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
  • 796 posts

Maybe Daryl will die an old man surrounded by his loved ones they way Beth was describing the way she hoped Hershell would have died

carlstheshit

carlstheshit

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCanada

I just wanna believe Daryl and his new group make it to the sanctuary and meet up with the others and everything is okay :) <3 
SO not ready for Daryl to die.

I F D A R Y L D I E S W E R I O T

etphoto

etphoto

Roamer

• Members
  • 528 posts

I'm in the camp of Daryl is too popular to the fans to kill off.

usearockhammer

usearockhammer

Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
Daryl should not die infill the last episode of of the series or he should die in Negans line up

Edited by usearockhammer, 10 March 2014 - 10:55 PM.

Zombie_killer

Zombie_killer

Lurker

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK
I just wanna believe Daryl and his new group make it to the sanctuary and meet up with the others and everything is okay :) <3 SO not ready for Daryl to die. If he makes it to the terminus with the new group and rick is there then they may recognise him (i need to rewatch as I didn't notice if the one that saw Rick was there last night)

Aolain

Aolain

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 151 posts
I can't imagine they would kill off Daryl; unless Reedus jumps ship to further his career.

I think Carl will go before Daryl. The young actor, too, may go to greener pastures...or college.

Muligan21

Muligan21

Infected

• Members
  • 17 posts

Kind of a comic spoiler...

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!