Infected

• Members

I will say the quality drop since issue 100

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Kal's betrayal was pretty shitty (IMO. Not knocking you). It felt like he just had to resolve the cheap cliffhanger we had at the end of the previous issue and the way it was handled was kind of sloppy

Also, I want to point out some great moments in my favorite volume of the series, volume 3:

-The group acquires the prison

-We meet the prisoners (AXEL!)

-Hershel, Glenn, and Maggie rejoin Rick's group 

-Julie dies. Tyreese kills Chris

-We find out everyone is infected

-Rick kills zombie Shane

-Thomas decapitates Rachel and Susie and Glenn shoots them

-Tyreese vs. the gym ("Rick, you're back. What kept you?")

-Andrea vs. Thomas (and the reveal that he's the killer)

-The group has to debate whether killing Thomas is morally right (might seem like a dumb thing to point out but reread the scene after the attack on Andrea. It's really good)

-Maggie kills Thomas

-Dexter tries to usurp Rick

Look at all that shit. A LOT happened in the previous volumes. This goes back to the amount of content in each issue that I pointed out earlier. A lot of the scenes I mentioned are some of the best moments of the series. We've had like two, MAYBE three amazing Walking Dead moments since 101

I think the Kal cliffhanger could've been better if he actually went to the Sanctuary. But I only liked it because it showed how feared Negan is by the Hilltop people.

Also I'm not saying Volume 19 is the best or anything. The earlier volumes are a lot better then the current storyline.

My favourite Volumes that have a lot of shit going on are Volume 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. Top 7 Volumes in my opinion where TWD's writing was at it's high point.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Also nice SWEET TOOTH plug..........

Please read:

Sweet-Tooth-01-cov1.png

and get ready to see how a writer can tap into your real feels.....

I have that shirt..... and that chocolate bar.

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

hathawa

hathawa

Infected

• Members
The golden age of the GN was volumes 3-11. that's when the comic was at its best. That's not to say the story still isn't good because it is. aow is the best story arc sense fear the hunters. It will be hard to equal that golden age, but there still are good stories left to tell.

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

The real cause of the quality drop is that Kirkman now has too many distractions, back then he can be more focus on his comic.

aahe42

aahe42

Lurker

• Members

I agree since 100 I've slowly been losing interest I like the threat their dealing with, the setting, the multiple settlements, and even some of the ideas presented.

But Negans long rants, monologues are taking up time that would be better spent on character development and plot progression. So many pages are crammed full of Negans annoying dialogue, and I am a person who loved issue 100 and thought Negan was pretty scary. There has only been a few things that made me like his character as an antagonist but he losing me every time he speaks he has become like a super hero comic villain all those chances to kill him while he talking out in the open he’s already had a few near death experiences that just seems so unreal.

Now with all the characters and lack of character development from the surviors of Alexandria I just feel so detached from most of the survivors.

Also I have to say Ezekial and his tiger and knights almost made me stop reading the comics.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

But Negans long rants, monologues are taking up time that would be better spent on character development and plot progression.

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSS

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!