Photo

The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 12 - Still - Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

Poll: The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep. 12 Still (259 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your opinion of Ep. 12 Still?

1. Excellent (74 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Good - Some Critiques (97 votes [37.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.45%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (53 votes [20.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.46%

4. Poor (35 votes [13.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

"An enlightening mission springs from a request from one of the group members."

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland
lol
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

sully251

sully251

Infected

• Members
  • 18 posts
FAIL!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,833 posts
Before I see *that* post, I just want to say that just because somebody didn't like this episode doesn't mean they *hate* character development and want this show to be all action

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 179 posts

Not gonna lie, I really didn't like this episode. The first part was just lame and pointless. Second was decent for about 5 minutes. I'm border line gonna rate it poor. next week's doesn't look much better. No Rick for 2 episodes? Not really my styler.

3/10

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
  • 877 posts

That had to be the dumbest episode yet.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 684 posts

Wasn't awful like I feared it would be, though the entire country club scene was freakin abysmal.

Liked the second half of the episode, especially daryl's outburst. 
Overall, a solid episode

Edit: in comparison to the rest of the episodes of the season so far, still not that bad. certainly better than inmates which is one of my least liked episodes of the series

Edited by Dead Gov Walking, 03 March 2014 - 03:13 AM.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
I voted fair, not really what I was looking for. I loved Beth's acting, but I didn't like her this episode. I have loved her through all of this, but we also got to see the two open up. Beth is a strong character too.

I was confused with the country club hate from Daryl, but that played out more to the end.

Boss

Boss

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 124 posts

bottom 3 episode of the series for me

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

I have to admit I zoned out at the end of this episode. Didn't hold my attention at all this week. 

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 179 posts

The only one that completely stands out as worse than this is the Well Walker ep.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
I was also expecting after every break that they would go to Maggie's group.

There were also some funny lines, IMA TAKE A PISS RIGHT JERE IN THE SINK AND IM GOING TO SCREAM

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • 1,273 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Not my favorite episode but not my least favorite. I enjoyed Daryl/Beth but they could totally condense these episodes during 4.5. Beth/Daryl did NOT need their own episode. And next week looks like we're still without Tyreese/Carol's group. They could totally condense these episodes to give us more at the end? Idk.

Also, Beth on a mission to get drunk? They could have found a different way for Beth to want to get drunk, like stumbling upon alcohol or Daryl handing it to her. Her roaming around the woods like an idiot with the intent of I WANT TO GET TRASHED is a great way for the writers to get viewers to HATE her. 

But a positive I have is that Emily Kinney held her own this episode. I thought the actress did a great job.

JesusFreakWriterGal

JesusFreakWriterGal

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
I loved that episode. It was the perfect mix of lol, suspense and adorableness.

-I loved how determined Beth was to get alcohol.
-It was funny her having to use the alcohol she had been searching desperately for to kill a zombie.
-I loved seeing Daryl open up to her about his past.
-It was awesome them burning down the house!!!
-Lots of awesome character development!!

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,833 posts

Honestly, bottle episodes should be a treat on a TV show. They should have one, MAYBE two a season AT MOST. What the fuck is the Walking Dead doing with all these bottle episodes? This is the sixth bottle episode this season and it looks like next week is seven (it's eight if you count the 10th episode this season)

I'm just baffled at this creative choice by the writers because it's not benefiting the story and it just feels like they're drawing everything out. These could be seriously condensed. I'm not saying all of the bottle episodes were bad (After was amazing) but they need to be condensed.

I feel like writers thought, "Bottle episodes make great character development, right? Clear was a home run! Let's just make a bunch of those!"

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
  • 848 posts

This episode made me crave a drink more than Beth.

*Braces self for incoming down votes*

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationEdmond,ok

Not my favorite episode but not my least favorite. I enjoyed Daryl/Beth but they could totally condense these episodes during 4.5. Beth/Daryl did NOT need their own episode. And next week looks like we're still without Tyreese/Carol's group. They could totally condense these episodes to give us more at the end? Idk.

Also, Beth on a mission to get drunk? They could have found a different way for Beth to want to get drunk, like stumbling upon alcohol or Daryl handing it to her. Her roaming around the woods like an idiot with the intent of I WANT TO GET TRASHED is a great way for the writers to get viewers to HATE her. 

But a positive I have is that Emily Kinney held her own this episode. I thought the actress did a great job.

I agree it would have been more realistic for them to find alcohol and then her wanting to get drunk!!! Can't believe no Carol or Tyreese next week!!! 

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 186 posts
I loved this episode! I love Beth so much and the show is finally giving her a bigger role. Couldn't be happier. The first half was a little dull but the second half was incredible so much development for both characters and they worked off each other so well
"what would jesus do? "

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • 1,273 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Honestly, bottle episodes should be a treat on a TV show. They should have one, MAYBE two a season AT MOST. What the fuck is the Walking Dead doing with all these bottle episodes? This is the sixth bottle episode this season and it looks like next week is seven (it's eight if you count the 10th episode this season)

I'm just baffled at this creative choice by the writers because it's not benefiting the story and it just feels like they're drawing everything out. These could be seriously condensed. I'm not saying all of the bottle episodes were bad (After was amazing) but they need to be condensed.

I feel like writers thought, "Bottle episodes make great character development, right? Clear was a home run! Let's just make a bunch of those!"

Glad we're on the same page..... Like Carol has been in 1 out of the past 8 episodes, and it's not necessarily because she was banished, but it's because 6/7 of those episodes have been bottle episodes...

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,833 posts

lol

This is pretty much the perfect summary to the episode. Well done, Buttons

61 Corpses

61 Corpses

Infected

• Members
  • 12 posts
Coming off how great the mid-season finale was and how the overall first half of season 4 was, i cant believe how bad they have messed up the rest of the season

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 684 posts

They should have cut out the entire country club scene and covered another group in the time that part wasted

Edited by Dead Gov Walking, 03 March 2014 - 03:18 AM.

Twinkies

Twinkies

Infected

• Members
  • 23 posts

OF COURSE the only thing left to drink in the Zombie Apocalypse is Peach Schnapps. 

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 186 posts
I love how they have handled this half of the season. It's all character development and it's extremely well done at that
"what would jesus do? "

suffersystem

suffersystem

Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEast Coast Canada
Personally I really liked this episode, the trunk opening and the last half was awesome. I do agree perhaps the country club could have been cut, but I have no complaints. Above average actually IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!