All Out War Death Toll

- - - - - death all out war aow

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members

I've been thinking of all the deaths so far during all out war and i just wanted to keep a running tally of every character that dies during this arc so that we can really get a sense of how much impact this story will carry in the overall scheme of things. 

I just like keeping a record of things and a list makes it really easy for me to keep track of things on my mind.

my count so far: 

denise cloyd

holly

richard

shiva

davis

i feel like I'm forgetting some. please add any other named characters that have died. ill be updating this as deaths occur.

"what would jesus do? "

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Eric.

Considering this is a war, the death toll thus far has been pretty low, hope it picks up in these final issues.

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

John. Got eaten by zombies when he went for a piss.

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
Of course! How did I forget Eric. Sad he's gone but happy Aaron is becoming more prominent
And I agree the death toll has been small (for named characters at least) but I feel like it's going to ramp up during the end
And thanks I forgot about john

UPDATED:

Denise cloyd
Holly
Richard
Shiva
Davis
Eric
John
"what would jesus do? "

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Gary-blown up by a grenade

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
Update:

Survivors:
Denise cloyd
Holly
Eric
John
Betsy Orson
Charles orson

Kingdom:
Richard
Shiva

Saviors:
Davis
Gary
David

Hilltop:
None
"what would jesus do? "

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Looking at it separated into camps like that, the Saviors are acing this war. 3 deaths to the combined forces of ALX/Kingdom/Hilltop 8. Also considering one of the 3 saviour deaths was by Negans hand haha. 

Also with all of the unnamed Kindom soldiers that where killed during Ezekiels EPIC failure.

nindza77

nindza77

Infected

• Members

And a lot of unnamed Saviors. Some Alexandrians, and probably Hilltop citiziens. I really hope few major characters will die. 

Sad but i can't see growing development of Aaron after Eric's death... After his declaration about fighting to death of every savior, we didn't saw him.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

I think Jesus being gay will be a slow burn story for him and Aaron, I think Aaron will get a lot of development over the next few years, I think hes around for a long time yet.

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

You forgot Heaths Left Leg, and Alexandria. The destruction of Alexandria is HUGE

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

You forgot Heaths Left Leg, and Alexandria. The destruction of Alexandria is HUGE

Agreed. RIP Alexandria.

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
The Saviors and the kingdom also have many un named deaths. Minimal hilltop citizens have died. But we know all the Alexandrians who have died.
"what would jesus do? "

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
Update:

Survivors:
Denise cloyd
Holly
Eric
John
Betsy orson
Charles orson

Kingdom:
Richard
Shiva

Saviors:
Davis
Gary
David

Hilltop:
None

Misc:
Heaths left leg
Alexandria safe zone
"what would jesus do? "

nindza77

nindza77

Infected

• Members

But we know all the Alexandrians who have died.

Technically, you don't really know. There be a lot of off-panel deaths i think.

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members

Technically, you don't really know. There be a lot of off-panel deaths i think.

i really don't think that andrea would only mention two random ass characters (the orsons) and no one else if there were more off panel deaths

"what would jesus do? "

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale

I think hes talking about off-screen deaths from previous battles, the battle of sanctuary and the two outposts they attacked. For all we know there could have been 1-2 Alexandria redshirt deaths

nindza77

nindza77

Infected

• Members

True. We are not able to see every single death. It's impossible for Eric to be only death in battle of Outpost. We also don't know who are the (two?) redshirst who dies in battle of sanctuary.

EDIT: But we can predict one thing. In second battle of Outpost (with Ezekiel) only Kingdom soldiers fighted and died.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I think two Saviors were actually seen in the Kingdom vs. Outpost battle that were taken out by roamers. 

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members

you know you may be right i didnt even think about the battle of sanctuary but at the same time, those two that were shot in the very beginning of the fighting could have been hilltop or kingdom. i feel like we would have gotten some fallout if they were alexandria. alexandria is by far the smallest community i think,  and kirkman DID go out of his way to mention the orsons. i don't know. either way I'm only going to be recording named characters anyway

"what would jesus do? "

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
Update:

Survivors:
Denise cloyd
Holly
Eric
John
Betsy orson
Charles orson

Kingdom:
Richard
Shiva

Saviors:
Davis
Gary
David

Hilltop:
Kal

Misc:
Heaths left leg
Alexandria safe zone
"what would jesus do? "

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

This war has been hell for the B-listers and redshirts...

That's fine with me because as I'm far as I'm concerned the only characters I care about at this point are those we knew before arriving at Alexandria.

brad192944

brad192944

Infected

• Members

This war has been hell for the B-listers and redshirts...

That's fine with me because as I'm far as I'm concerned the only characters I care about at this point are those we knew before arriving at Alexandria.

I know right. The alexandria batch of characters is not very good. Hell I don't even care about jesus. I miss abraham.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

I want to like the Alexandrians and Jesus and Zeke but I have no reason because I'm not emotionally invested in them. Like Jesus...he's a cool guy but I don't really give 2 shits if he lives or dies because 30 issues after he was introduced all I know about the guy is that he's a badass, he likes to read books, and he's gay. Same for Heath...I like him but I don't care if he dies because I don't know him.

All that said, it is possible for RK to make me care about these characters still, and I hope some of them get a chance. I didn't care about Eugene until he grew a sack during No Way Out or Rosie until she was fleshed out but Abe cheating on her.

brad192944

brad192944

Infected

• Members

I want to like the Alexandrians and Jesus and Zeke but I have no reason because I'm not emotionally invested in them. Like Jesus...he's a cool guy but I don't really give 2 shits if he lives or dies because 30 issues after he was introduced all I know about the guy is that he's a badass, he likes to read books, and he's gay. Same for Heath...I like him but I don't care if he dies because I don't know him.

All that said, it is possible for RK to make me care about these characters still, and I hope some of them get a chance. I didn't care about Eugene until he grew a sack during No Way Out or Rosie until she was fleshed out but Abe cheating on her.

I'm with you for example maybe Aaron and Eric would have had potential to become great characters if they were shown as much as say Glenn and Maggie or Andrea and Dale. The last thing I remember them doing was joining in the stand against the walkers way back in No Way Out. Since then I don't remember them doing anything so of course it did not sting when Eric died. Not even a little. Jesus is especially disappointing I was so interested to see more of him but that was back in 2011. Now I'm pretty bored with his character because like you said it's been 30 issues and we have no reason to care. I don't want to hate these characters. I love this story and I hate to bitch. I just hope Kirkman builds his characters better after this arc is over.

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members

i think one of kirkmans goals this arc is to cut down the cast to who he thinks really has potential. i love the idea of a huge cast like we have now but it really hasn't turned out so well. we met the alexandrians around 50-55 issues ago and still very little has been done with them. I'm a big fan of most of them but i just wish wed get to know them better

"what would jesus do? "

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!