Is The Za A Cyclical Event?

- - - - - Zombie Apocolypse Rapture Egypt mumification black death ghoul prophesy

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I was about to respond in a post on season 3 and I started this rant... Thought it had enough merit to maybe be a thread on it's own.

So all cultures have some form of post death rituals, that we may or may not continue in some fashion today. A Wake is held because before we had modern machines, death was hard to pin down. So family and friends held a wake in case the 'deceased' woke up during the proceedings. Even then there are old tombs with bells and air tubes leading down to the coffin, just in case the guy on the 'Graveyard shift' heard someone 'saved by the bell'.

With all these things we've done to make sure someone is really dead before they go in the ground, or to confuse an angry spirit from finding it's way back to us, I wonder if in the Walking Dead world, this has happened before. Maybe there was a reason Egyptians gouged out the brain through the nose. Maybe bubonic plague wasn't the only reason 2/3 of Europe died back in the dark ages. Maybe the Arabic Ghouls were based on eye witness accounts. Maybe the rapture (In the walking dead of course) was prophesized as a warning to be ready for a repeat event...

Does anyone know of any other events in history that If Rick or Carl picked up a history book or a bible, torrah, book on pagan beliefs with prophesies they might look and say, "Damned... this must have happened back then to..."

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members

Interesting idea that those could have been zombie apocalypses but if they were they were not total extinction events and not everyone was infected and they came to an end at a certain point.  Or in the past they had found a way to manage it and find a cure.  In the Walking Dead the situation appears to be permanent though

Walking Dead had no prior zombie lore so it came very much as a shock that it could happen and in the chaos it would be unlikely anyone would connect it with past events, or if they did they got bitten.  I wonder if having previous zombie knowledge would have helped avert at least some of the breakdown.   

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Depends. If you were a cop and saw someone attacking someone, would you think 'shoot through head'? Even if they were trying to take bites out of someone? Or would you think 'Jesus Christ we have a PCP addict?' People high as hell sometimes won't react to any non-fatal shots. PCP addicts have been known to break handcuffs (Breaking and cutting deep into their wrists.) At least once in history a Japanese (Or Chinese can't remember) group of soldiers faced a battle of Sparta scenario. No way to win. Before battle they bandaged themselves tight in silk. Smoked a ton of opium and charged into battle. They didn't feel pain cause they were high, and they didn't drop from non fatal wounds right away cause they didn't bleed out cause of the bandages.
So even if I just watched a Romero marathon, I wouldn't think to shoot for the head if he didn't die from a shot to the chest. Not until it happened a few times, and by then... I may have been bitten thinking I had a drugged out perp not a zombie.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

If zombies existed a long time ago in the Walking Dead world, it couldn't have been the same plague.  After all, the TWD zombie infection was global and affected all living persons.  If the plague was natural, though, I suppose you could theorize that it could have evolved over the centuries and heavily mutated when it got back into the human population and spiraled out of control.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!