Rick's Brown Jacket (Comic Spoilers)

- - - - - Halloween The waliking dead Rick grimes Rick grimes jacket The waliking dead jacket suede jacket cosplay costume

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

People are confused as to why Rick is wearing a jacket now.
to be fair, the second half of the seasons are shot in the fall, right?

Also, no one batted an eye about the Gov's attire lol.

All black, with a black jacket to boot.

Edit: wait, now that I think about it, there were a lot of people this season wearing long sleeves/sweaters and stuff. Was georgia's temperature not that bad this year?

celith

celith

Infected

• Members

To get back on topic...anyone have a link to jackets that look like rick's?

sunken85

sunken85

Infected

• Members
Rick fans we need to find this jacket.
CaptainX-RayGrimes

sunken85

sunken85

Infected

• Members
What u guys think bout this jacket similar or not?

CaptainX-RayGrimes

Draven

Draven

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHorsens, Denmark

Me too. Bomber jackets are also nowhere near that long. They have a pretty wide hem at the bottom of the jacket too. 

Aaaaahh... R&L, I love how we (over) analyze all these minute details. 

:zombiethumbsup:

"The North remembers"

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
here is one link for what I found

http://www.orvis.com...aspx?pf_id=8X4K

the other one was on amazon......it was western rancher jacket come in light and dark

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members

buying one of these right now 

"what would jesus do? "

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

People are confused as to why Rick is wearing a jacket now.
to be fair, the second half of the seasons are shot in the fall, right?

Also, no one batted an eye about the Gov's attire lol.

All black, with a black jacket to boot.

Edit: wait, now that I think about it, there were a lot of people this season wearing long sleeves/sweaters and stuff. Was georgia's temperature not that bad this year?

The midwest is a funny place, weather-wise.  A lot of the time the temperature hovers at that particular level where you'll see some people wearing short and short sleeves, while others are wearing jackets and pants.  I didn't find anything weird about Rick wearing that jacket, and in fact I'm glad to finally see him donning the iconic coat.

sunken85

sunken85

Infected

• Members

here is one link for what I found

http://www.orvis.com...aspx?pf_id=8X4K

the other one was on amazon......it was western rancher jacket come in light and dark

These jackets don't even come in a black or dark brown its blue and green
CaptainX-RayGrimes

sunken85

sunken85

Infected

• Members
I went on twitter and decided 2 ask the costume designer from walking dead what ricks jacket is and this is what she told me(view the picture)

CaptainX-RayGrimes

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
I didn't say they were exactly like the jacket just that they were more of the western
ranch jacket not bomber jacket.
loose in the sleeves and longer in the body. The one on amazon does come in a dark brown leather suede
I did look at vintage things on ebay and thought hell this is going to be one in a million
but how convenient that they found one that fits rick just right.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I went on twitter and decided 2 ask the costume designer from walking dead what ricks jacket is and this is what she told me(view the picture)

That's really cool, and nice to have an official answer. Thanks for asking and posting that.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Very cool sunken, thanks for posting that. 

Kardy

Kardy

S-mart Employee

• Members

Looks like a pilot's jacket to me. But what really matters is that it's his signature comic jacket!

In the comics, he's had that jacket for ages, it defines him almost as much as his revolver.

I'm always glad to see the little things from the comic make it to the tv show especially since they are "trying" to make them two different universes.

sunken85

sunken85

Infected

• Members

I didn't say they were exactly like the jacket just that they were more of the western
ranch jacket not bomber jacket.
loose in the sleeves and longer in the body. The one on amazon does come in a dark brown leather suede
I did look at vintage things on ebay and thought hell this is going to be one in a million
but how convenient that they found one that fits rick just right.

Do u have a link 2 the one u found on Amazon?
CaptainX-RayGrimes

LightningCount

LightningCount

Infected

• Members

This looks like it right here.

265113.jpg

http://www.rustyzipp...CH=&GENDER=Mens

BlackCzar

BlackCzar

Infected

• Members

Here's the best picture I found of this jacket. Hopefully this will help us in our search. 

http://oyster.ignimg...1031_0128-2.jpg

Reavesfilm

Reavesfilm

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLos Angeles
I also cheered audibly when I saw the jacket! Glad I'm not the only huge dweeb here, lol

"I believe in Rick Grimes."

daryldfan

daryldfan

Infected

• Members

i have just found one as close to it on a website called http://desertleather...-4-Suede-Jacket it's a little pricey at $189 before tax but you get free shipping and a free gift im going to be ordering one within the next few weeks hope this helps 

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

If it's well made and good quality material, I don't think that's too bad of a price for a jacket. Most people wear jackets like that for years, so you get your money's worth. 

JackL

JackL

Infected

• Members
I hate to point this out, considering how much everyone wants Ricks jacket, in regards to daryldfan's post with the link to desert leather, that's really close to Ricks but not quite there :(
If you compare them, Rick's has the zipper go all the way up to the top of the fur collar and his pockets are diagonal with zippers which the desert leather one doesn't have. I dont know whether to mention the collar either... Its way too white on the desert leather jacket but then again, rick's could just be old and dirty.
I only point this out cos there could be others like me that really wanna buy this jacket but in a few months, someone could find his exact jacket which would make buying this one a waste of money.
I really hope someone finds his jacket :(

WarwickCheyne

WarwickCheyne

Infected

• Members

Sunken already asked the costume designer and she explained that it's a one off from a vintage store + they altered it as well.  Sorry to disappoint you JackL!

JackL

JackL

Infected

• Members

WarwickCheyne, of course she said that there aren't any other jackets because she has to say that. I don't understand the logic but people like that aren't meant to answer questions like that. 

But to all those fans of the walking dead and especially Rick, I found this website where you can buy an exact copy of his jacket. A-grade suede, wool collar, everything. I just bought myself one and there's only 7 left so best hurry.

http://americanleath...ch= rick grimes

Rick%20Grimes%20black%20fur%20Jacket%20r

You can also get the governor's jacket and vest as well as michonne's vest.

Here is a bit about the website so you can be sure you're getting good quality Rick Jacket...

ABOUT US

AMERICAN LEATHER JACKET has earned a distinct reputation in manufacturing and retailing of custom hand stitched leather jackets. We have more than 40 tailors and all the leather costumes we have online are custom-made by us with special personal attention given to each piece. This is the main difference between us and cheep mass production units.

We use A GRADE high quality leather for fashion jackets, not a cheap nappa leather, We feel this leather is perfect. It is not too thin, nor too thick. It is quite soft to the touch.

AMERICAN LEATHER JACKET is able to make it right for you with more then four decades of experience in legendary sub continental craftsmanship, added up with the latest state of the art technological facilities

philipwalker

philipwalker

Infected

• Members
  • Locationchicago, Il

WoW! great Offer for me I really want to wear it on the Halloween Rick grimes such a great character thats why I love to watch The waliking dead. I thing NewAmericanJackets Offer is great Because they are selling with discount price along Free shipping.

johnlevy090

johnlevy090

Infected

• Members

Hey is this the right place to shop on I found the jacket of Rick Grimes..

http://www.hexder.co...mes-Jacket.html

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!