Rick's Brown Jacket (Comic Spoilers)

- - - - - Halloween The waliking dead Rick grimes Rick grimes jacket The waliking dead jacket suede jacket cosplay costume

Dan D.

Dan D.

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Anyone know what kind of jacket that is?

s6DUlhc.png

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Looks like a pilot's jacket to me. But what really matters is that it's his signature comic jacket!

In the comics, he's had that jacket for ages, it defines him almost as much as his revolver.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
And it's a zombie apocolypse miracle..... it fits perfectly.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

As soon as I saw that jacket, I cheered...audibly. He still has that jacket in the comics. I went looking for a panel that showed the jacket, but found this from this theWalkingDead.com article:

rick-jacket-vs.jpg

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

Well, I think Rick looks awesome in his jacket. But I thought it was really hot in GA, right? Otherwise why would Rosita be running around in a tied up midriff shirt and short shorts? I am confused.  :lol:

Putting out fire with gasoline.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

why would Rosita be running around in a tied up midriff shirt and short shorts?

To PLEASE the audience. Me in particular.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Well, I think Rick looks awesome in his jacket. But I thought it was really hot in GA, right? Otherwise why would Rosita be running around in a tied up midriff shirt and short shorts? I am confused.  :lol:

I was thinking the same thing...isn't it too hot for a jacket like that? 

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

he got a lot of open wounds on his arms , need to keep them covered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Aside from my previous reason, I'm guessing: Rick likes to be stylin' or Rosita likes to show off her body. I mean, to be fair, she doesn't exactly look like a modest girl, now does she? Also, the other female characters don't dress like that, so I guess Rosita just knows she's SEXY.

"There's no "I" in team" 

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio

plenty of sexy girls on this show and skin is not necessary to be sexy.  In this ZA it might and probably would bring the

wrong type of attention.  It seems crazy that most are running around in long pants and coats/ vests and she is in the teenage outfit

love the jacket even though he is sweating in it. 

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

I think it is a Suede Aviator/Flying Jacket.

APC-shearling-aviator-jacket2.jpg

This but darker...

Tread Lightly

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

His is longer than that, without the wide hem at the bottom that is classic to bomber jackets. Close though, the collar is the same.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land

His is longer than that, without the wide hem at the bottom that is classic to bomber jackets. Close though, the collar is the same.

It's the best I could find. Damn hipsters.

Tread Lightly

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members

Holy crap, are people here complaining because Rosita is showing off her sexy bits?

People, PLEASE find something else to nit-pick about!!!

And depending on the time of the year, it does get chilly and cold in the south.

Jayne23

Jayne23

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
I think the jacket reminds me of a rancher jacket.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

plenty of sexy girls on this show and skin is not necessary to be sexy.  In this ZA it might and probably would bring the

wrong type of attention.  It seems crazy that most are running around in long pants and coats/ vests and she is in the teenage outfit

love the jacket even though he is sweating in it. 

I agree, it would attract all sorts of perverted crazies... But I like to believe that she dresses that way to please the audience... But in truth it's probably because they're trying to make her as true to her comic counterpart as possible.

"There's no "I" in team" 

zombiekitten

zombiekitten

Banned

• Members

Looks like a pilot's jacket to me. But what really matters is that it's his signature comic jacket!

In the comics, he's had that jacket for ages, it defines him almost as much as his revolver.

Agreed. Bomber jacket.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I agree, it would attract all sorts of perverted crazies... But I like to believe that she dresses that way to please the audience... But in truth it's probably because they're trying to make her as true to her comic counterpart as possible.

She was dressed that way in the comics for the same reason, no doubt.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

Skeet

Skeet

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

When the season started it was spring.  Most home garden tomatoes aren't ready till summer.  He wouldn't last long in the Ga heat wearing that jacket. 

Jayne23

Jayne23

• Banned
  • LocationOhio

most bomber jackets have the sleeves with a tighter fit/  his sleeves look almost like they have snaps on them and in that

photo the snaps are undone.   I think it looks like a rancher jacket. 

Steph

Steph

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

most bomber jackets have the sleeves with a tighter fit/  his sleeves look almost like they have snaps on them and in that

photo the snaps are undone.   I think it looks like a rancher jacket. 

Me too. Bomber jackets are also nowhere near that long. They have a pretty wide hem at the bottom of the jacket too. 

Aaaaahh... R&L, I love how we (over) analyze all these minute details. 

Thanos

Thanos

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationLondon

To PLEASE the audience. Me in particular.

Me too me too

Jayne23

Jayne23

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
 ricks jacket.jpg   10.59kb   4  rancher jacket 1.jpg   11.79kb   6 closest I could find both from western ranch outfitters.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

She was dressed that way in the comics for the same reason, no doubt.

You're probably right.

"There's no "I" in team" 

laughingdead

laughingdead

S-mart Employee

• Members

Well, I think Rick looks awesome in his jacket. But I thought it was really hot in GA, right? Otherwise why would Rosita be running around in a tied up midriff shirt and short shorts? I am confused. :lol:

I am not.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!