Photo

The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 11 ~ Claimed ~ Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Poll: The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 11 ~ Claimed ~ Review (201 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your opinion of episode 4.11 "Claimed"?

1. Excellent (75 votes [37.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.31%

2. Good - Some Critiques (93 votes [46.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.27%

3. Fair - Not what I expected (26 votes [12.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.94%

4. Poor (7 votes [3.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,736 posts

"A number of immediate threats plague Rick; group members deal with their past."

utWe0za.jpg

ohDIO3H.jpg

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members
  • 435 posts

anyone catch the super dinosaur comic? 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,834 posts

The amount of time we skipped between this week's episode and last week's just confused me. Why is Tara going with Abraham and co? Why does Tara even trust Abraham after just being led to near death by a mass murderer? Why do Abraham and co trust Glenn and Tara? Wouldn't people surviving on their own like that want to tag along with as few survivors as necessary, unless it was a necessity? Does Abraham pick up every random hitchhiker on the side of the road? Does Tara go with every random redneck who's willing to give them a ride? Why isn't anybody in Abraham's group concerned with wasting supplies on these new people that they don't even know? How often do Abraham and his group pick up survivors that end up betraying them? It probably happens a lot because there group is so small. Unless Abraham and co pass most of the survivors on the road. In that case, why were Glenn and Tara different? Does Abraham like lesbians? Did Abraham's mustache tell him he can trust them? Was Tara's sass simply enough to convince Abraham he was willing to take them along? What if Tara and Glenn were just like that group that was in Rick's house? The people that kill over a bed? 

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
  • 96 posts

Hands down my least enjoyable episode since season 3.

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
  • 848 posts

The amount of time we skipped between this week's episode and last week's just confused me. Why is Tara going with Abraham and co? Why does Tara even trust Abraham after just being led to near death by a mass murderer? Why do Abraham and co trust Glenn and Tara? Wouldn't people surviving on their own like that want to tag along with as few survivors as necessary, unless it was a necessity? Does Abraham pick up every random hitchhiker on the side of the road? Does Tara go with every random redneck who's willing to give them a ride? Why isn't anybody in Abraham's group concerned with wasting supplies on these new people that they don't even know? How often do Abraham and his group pick up survivors that end up betraying them? It probably happens a lot because there group is so small. Unless Abraham and co pass most of the survivors on the road. In that case, why were Glenn and Tara different? Does Abraham like lesbians? Did Abraham's mustache tell him he can trust them? Was Tara's sass simply enough to convince Abraham he was willing to take them along? What if Tara and Glenn were just like that group that was in Rick's house? The people that kill over a bed? 

Prepare for a fuck-ton of downvotes.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,834 posts

Did anyone else think the painting was foreshadowing?

MAJOR Comic Spoiler

Spoiler

Speaking of the comic, it's awesome to see Rick in his jacket

Edited by JesusMonroe, 24 February 2014 - 03:08 AM.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 684 posts

I liked it. I had a few nitpicks, mostly with Rick's part, but nothing big.

Much much much much MUUUUUCH better than last weeks episode.

And Abraham's pretty cool so far. I actually already like him more than I did in the comics. GASP

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
  • 456 posts
Better dialog plus better camera work = YAY!

Hands down my favorite episode in season 4.

61 Corpses

61 Corpses

Infected

• Members
  • 12 posts
This has been the worst three episode run in the shows history. Glen has morphed into Andrea levels of annoying

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

The guys in the house were scary. The rest of the episode was meh. Abraham, Rosita, and Eugene seem like cardboard cartoon cutouts. Not into them yet.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,834 posts

Prepare for a fuck-ton of downvotes.

Lol. I'm used to it

ApocalypseWarrior

ApocalypseWarrior

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts
I'm sure most of you have caught the "Sanctuary" references in tonight's and last episode.

61 Corpses

61 Corpses

Infected

• Members
  • 12 posts
The only thing redeeming is we finally get a glimpse of them possibly getting out of Georgia and there might be an explanation/cure for the virus

ApocalypseWarrior

ApocalypseWarrior

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts

The only thing redeeming is we finally get a glimpse of them possibly getting out of Georgia and there might be an explanation/cure for the virus

But the "Sanctuary" references are leading me to believe it's not just future foreshadowing but an indication that they might stay state-side for the rest of Season 4 and the first half of Season 5

ApocalypseWarrior

ApocalypseWarrior

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts

Did anyone else think the painting was foreshadowing?

MAJOR Comic Spoiler

Spoiler

Speaking of the comic, it's awesome to see Rick in his jacket

I thought exactly the same when I saw the painting

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,834 posts

I didn't like this episode

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland

no
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • 11,839 posts
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

All I have to say is son of a dick...

Jon is fine, dammit.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • 3,889 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

All I have to say is son of a dick...

Ha! Best line of the show for sure. 

Well, it certainly wasn't my favorite episode, but I didn't hate it. That pink room was friggen creepy as hell, not to mention sad as hell. I took that room as the family deciding to take the "easy" way out instead of trying to survive in a world full of walkers. I know my daughter's rooms are my favorite in the house, little kid's rooms are just happy places. I can see that being where they'd want to leave the world. 

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
  • 882 posts
Most memorable quote "Son of a dick!"

I really liked this episode. Lovviinngggg Abraham so far! Exactly what I was expecting of him based upon the comic :)! Eugene is also what I was expecting... Not so extatic about this one, I never really liked him in the comic.

Zombie chick

Zombie chick

Lurker

• Members
  • 259 posts
I enjoyed Ricks story during tonight's episode. All I kept thinking was how effed up it is to be more afraid of humans than walkers at this point. It was intense. Glad he made it out safe.

Abraham and Glenn's story was meh. It seemed unbelievable that Abraham would try that hard to convince a stranger to go with him to Washington. What if Glenn was a psycho? And rosita was so quick to follow Glenn and Tara without even discussing it with the rest of her crew. After coming across so many crazies so far ( eg. The governor) why would either group trust each other so easily? That part I have issue with.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
  • 882 posts
Lots of really good elements in the show as well. The creepy pink room, the michonne Carl moments, the Abraham interactions, cinematography during the rick escape scenes, the crazy cheese. Loved it.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • 3,889 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

I agree the scenes with Rick were intense. The background noises were great, such as the heavy footsteps and that dude bouncing the ball. 

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
  • 965 posts

ricks , Little rick and microphone scenes where good 

New trio the scene with the truck was a bit lame could not just have broken down LOL.

Episodes are two short for this type of show IMO 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

I love that Rick left the bathroom door open when he went out the window after killing toilet man. He left the marauders a walker bomb.  :otis:

Edited by Lioness, 24 February 2014 - 03:35 AM.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!