• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Ok. I honestly have no clue who it was they were trying to depict there. I don't know how a boot can show us who it was. I have two hypothesis on what it could be.

1) In the mod season finale, wasn't there a boy with Mika and her sister? I wonder if that was him?
2) Later on in the episode, when Ty was trying to save the two no names, they both died along railroad tracks. I'm wondering if Tyreese's group came through first, and then Beth and Daryll saw the remains later on?

Pickles312

Pickles312

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 186 posts

1) Yeah I don't know what happened with that.

2) I think we are led t believe so.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • 11,839 posts
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I just pulled up the mid-season finale and I'm 99% certain that was Luke's little boot. I'm assuming he and Molly were devoured.  :sad: 

Jon is fine, dammit.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,780 posts

I'm pretty sure that it was these two. :sad:

Luke and Molly (?) I'm drawing a blank on the girls name right now.

2yuby51.jpg

Tgzz

Tgzz

Infected

• Members
  • 21 posts
Lilly?

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

Lilly?

Tara said that Lilly was surrounded, so I assume she was devoured by walkers.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • 11,839 posts
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Not Lily. Tara said she saw her standing in the field in front of the prison, being swarmed by walkers.That boot was tiny, like little kid Luke sized.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Does that mean Luke and Molly died at the same location that Tyreese later stumbles upon when attempting to rescue the unnamed survivors?

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Yeah, it was Luke and Molly. Beth was talking about them at the beginning of the episode and I think that's why she starts crying. Her whole goal during the prison attack was to find the kids, and she was unable to do that. Then when she finds out they've been devoured, she breaks down. She's seen her father killed, two kids she can't protect being devoured, and also has a missing sister.

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Luke and Molly get separated from Lizzie and Mika, end up at that spot where they are killed; unnamed survivors then end up there and make commotion which makes Tyreese go to help; Lizzie, Mika, Carol, and Tyreese then end up at that exact spot but do not realize that Luke and Molly perished there; Daryl and Beth track Lizzie and Mika to that spot and Beth notices Luke's shoe?

I don't think I like that it was supposed to be Luke's shoe.

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Luke and Molly get separated from Lizzie and Mika, end up at that spot where they are killed; unnamed survivors then end up there and make commotion which makes Tyreese go to help; Lizzie, Mika, Carol, and Tyreese then end up at that exact spot but do not realize that Luke and Molly perished there; Daryl and Beth track Lizzie and Mika to that spot and Beth notices Luke's shoe?

I don't think I like that it was supposed to be Luke's shoe.

I don't either. How are the viewers to know that it was Luke's shoe of all people? Maybe if Beth had said something about it then it would make more sense. But until I saw this thread I had no idea who it was that she was even crying over so that scene just perplexed me.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

One of the body's shown when Beth began crying sure looked like the back of Molly's head (I didn't bother watching the end credits to see if she or Luke were credited), and as others have pointed out, the boot looks similar to Luke's. My assumption while watching was that it was Molly and Luke (since Beth was convinced she was trailing them).

But then during Tyreese's act, we see Carol's new friends die in that exact same spot at an earlier time. The episode was backtracking... Setting up one thing at a period close to where Rick, Carl, and Michonne are all while making us ask tiny little questions. then traveling a wee bit back with another characters' perspective to answer those questions. It's almost as if we have two separate answers to the victims of that Walker attack.

Assuming it wasn't Molly and Luke, then that leaves them as the only characters unaccounted for as of this episode. Are they important enough to revisit on their own? Are they important enough to have a random reunion scene with another group? I think the answer to both of those is 'no.' So regardless of whether or not those bodies were Molly and Luke, I'd say they dead anyway.

However, I'm curious to see what someone involved with the show would say if asked on Talking Dead or some other open-forum. If Molly and Luke are dead, we might not get some pointlessly vague answers.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Yes, I also took it that the two kids, Luke and Molly, were the ones being eaten when Tyrese came upon the scene with the other men killing fighting off the walkers. Beth knew that was Lukes shoe and that was her snapping point. The odd thing is Beth and Daryl headed in the opposite direction from where the sign Tyrese/Carol ran across talking about Sanctuary.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

I didn't see Luke and/or Molly listed in the Memorial segment on TTD. Did anyone else?

Putting out fire with gasoline.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,978 posts

Ok. I honestly have no clue who it was they were trying to depict there. I don't know how a boot can show us who it was. I have two hypothesis on what it could be.

1) In the mod season finale, wasn't there a boy with Mika and her sister? I wonder if that was him?
2) Later on in the episode, when Ty was trying to save the two no names, they both died along railroad tracks. I'm wondering if Tyreese's group came through first, and then Beth and Daryll saw the remains later on?

2) Yes. The scene looked the same, but it wasn't clear until a second viewing. When Daryl went through the woods you see the camera focus on a log with something in it. During a second watch though it was clear that it was rabbit carcasses, meaning the trail that Daryl was following was that of Tyreese and the girls.

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members
  • 491 posts

You guys are making some great points.  I was curious about those two kids as well.

It seems a little bit weak to me, though, that the only prison survivors are the "core group".  At least let a few survive and wander off to their own devices.  

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

You guys are making some great points.  I was curious about those two kids as well.

It seems a little bit weak to me, though, that the only prison survivors are the "core group".  At least let a few survive and wander off to their own devices.  

Maybe some of the people on the bus did get away. There were broken windows so maybe while some of the first to turn were chowing down on people in the back of the bus a few lucky folks broke out the windows and got away. I am pretty sure we won't see them again even if that happened.

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • 545 posts
  • LocationOhio
Ok so if this was one of the other kids boot did they not leave with lizzie and tyreese? It pretty much left it that was who left with tyreese at end of mid season?
If they did then it cannot be that kids boot?

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • 1,475 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Yes, Ty's group came before Beth and Daryl. They were eating the grapes from the bush, the same Beth was picking, then when they ran, Ty stepped on grapes, the same ones that Daryl saw and said "they left in a hurry". Remember, Beth's whole purpose was to find the children and get them on the bus so when she saw the little shoe, she believed she failed to save them.

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

I think the boot at the tracks looked like a kids shoe. But, I thought I saw only adults on the ground when Tyreese arrived on the scene. So, if it was one of the children's boots (Luke's maybe) does that mean that he and the other little girl (can't recall her name) got killed at that same site prior to the zombie attack where Tyreese 'brought down the hammer'?

So, two little kids get attacked at the exact spot where another family gets attacked a little while later and then again Daryl and Beth come upon the exact same spot and kill more zombies? What is this, a local zombie luncheonette and anyone who wanders into it becomes the blue plate special? 

Edited by Lioness, 17 February 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Jayne23

Jayne23

• Banned
  • 545 posts
  • LocationOhio
I know this seems like everyone is walking in a big circle and can't seem to head in any other direction
For Darryl being so good at tracking and all these groups right within yelling distance of each other you have to wonder WHY Darryl WHY......because he is stuck with beth......not a fan of beth

punkrok77

punkrok77

Infected

• Members
  • 61 posts

For someone starting out strong at the campfire and getting angry at Daryl for just sitting there, she sure realizes in a hurry that she's not as strong as she portrayed.  Probably overwhelmed and finally accepting her father's death and the chaos that happened at the prison.  Not being able to protect the kids and her uncertainty over whether or not Judith is alive.  She took care of her the most and is just freaking out a little without her sister around.

Jayne23

Jayne23

• Banned
  • 545 posts
  • LocationOhio
Yeah beth couldn't shot the zombie in the head within 2 ft of herself/ darryl had to run over and save her again. Again I think he has the harder one to babysit. Can't see any romance happening there at all like some was speculating. Maybe he could swap carol for beth with tyreese?

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationIndiana
this whole scene was so confusing to me. they specifically zoomed in on the boot, which appeared to be a kid's size, but they won't confirm with a body? we're seriously supposed to remember what boots a character who had maybe 30 seconds in the ms finale had on? that seems a little far fetched to me. or we're supposed to believe that the the other two kids magically made it past a billion walkers getting out of the prison all by themselves, made it farther than Tyreese & co. to get eaten by the train tracks? maybe Beth was just crying bc the smaller boot was a generalization that she couldn't save the kids and all her pent up sadness and guilt just finally boiled over? I need concrete explanations!! grrrr

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Ok so if this was one of the other kids boot did they not leave with lizzie and tyreese? It pretty much left it that was who left with tyreese at end of mid season?
If they did then it cannot be that kids boot?

Exactly. Tyreese let those two run off on their own and he didn't go after them? Tyreese didn't mention looking for them at all during his scenes. Then, when stumbling upon the exact spot where the two kids happened to be killed, Tyreese, Lizzie, and Mika did not notice or react to the remains being Luke or Molly?

Beth and Daryl tracking Lizzie and Mika is fine to me. It's all these other things that led up to Beth's discovery that is too far a stretch.

Continuity and logic problems happen when trying to show everyone's experience within hours of leaving the prison. They really could have just had Tyreese say a line about the two kids dying as Tara did about Lilly and avoided this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!