The Walking Dead Season 4 Ep 10 - Inmates

- - - - - Emily Kinney Norman Reedus Beth Greene Daryl Dixon The Walking Dead Season 4 TWD Episode 10

The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 10 Inmates Review (200 )

What is your opinion of Episode 4-10 Inmates?

1. Excellent (104 [52.00%] - )

52.00%

2. Good - Some Critiques (72 [36.00%] - )

36.00%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (20 [10.00%] - )

10.00%

4. Poor (4 [2.00%] - )

2.00%

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Had that not happened I would have said good with critiques. For example, how is it that walkers can take down a horse but Glenn can push through a horde of them? The sheer weight of them would have brought him to the ground. Not that I wanted him to die. But let's just say it was a superhero moment. 

What about the walker that attacked Beth? What a joke that was. It seemed more interested in trying to give her a hug than take a bite out of her.

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members

Another broken rule, fire attacks zombies.

Doesn't seem that big of a stretch to me. They're attracted to stimuli such as sound, motion, smell. They got two out of three.

zombie.apache.rose

zombie.apache.rose

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia

This episode was slow, but getting to see Abraham, Rosita & Eugene at the end was well worth it!

I cannot stand Lizzie and Mika. That little psycho Lizzie not only killed a bunny, but she tried to smother Judith. I am asking people not to break my stones about this comment as it is my opinion......

I want Lizzie to have the most gruesome of deaths. I cannot stomach her and I want to vomit every time I see her on screen.

Ummmm and Carol just appeared out of no where?!? I hope we get more of a story on that. Not that I really care as she is one of my least favorite characters.

zombie.apache.rose

zombie.apache.rose

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia

For everyone being mad about fire attracting zombies....they did it in the season 2 finale when they caught the barn on fire. Remember rick told carl it should get more attention.

THANK YOU!

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

She was just sitting there sad and mopey. I think he could tell that she wasn't someone who wanted to come in there killing people. Her story, the gun being full of bullets, and her moping around trapped basically waiting for death must have been enough of an indication for him to trust her. That's how I viewed it. Plus, he's giving people a chance, like Hershell had taught him. People need people.

On the subject of Tara, I like her character. I'm glad that we're going to see more of her. Based on her background alone she has a more interesting story than most supportiong cast do on this show. So it'll be nice to have her around.

Also, Glen clearly told her he didn't WANT her help; he NEEDED it. So I don't think his trust in her is exactly the way JesusMonroe saw it.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

This episode was slow, but getting to see Abraham, Rosita & Eugene at the end was well worth it!

I cannot stand Lizzie and Mika. That little psycho Lizzie not only killed a bunny, but she tried to smother Judith. I am asking people not to break my stones about this comment as it is my opinion......

I want Lizzie to have the most gruesome of deaths. I cannot stomach her and I want to vomit every time I see her on screen.

Ummmm and Carol just appeared out of no where?!? I hope we get more of a story on that. Not that I really care as she is one of my least favorite characters.

She didn't just kill A bunny. That log was full of bunny bodies when Daryl passed it.

I'm not going to say I "like" Lizzie, and the actress doing Mika is simply awful. But I am curious what dynamic this little psycho is going to bring to the group.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Did anyone else notice the sign that said "hitchhikers may be prisoners that escaped"

I laughed when I saw it

But they showed it twice, one with Maggie/Bob/Sasha and once with Glenn/Tara. If they are close, I imagine Maggie/Tara won't have a very good relationship, since she was with the governor that killed Hershall.

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members

There still seem alot of "unaccounted for" people.  Weren't there other little kids with Mika and Lizzy at the prison?  

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

There still seem alot of "unaccounted for" people.  Weren't there other little kids with Mika and Lizzy at the prison?  

Yes, there were.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I'm not so sure this Terminus place is actually a sanctuary. 

I liked the idea of (comic/video game spoilers)

Spoiler

Zombie chick

Zombie chick

Lurker

• Members

There still seem alot of "unaccounted for" people. Weren't there other little kids with Mika and Lizzy at the prison?

They're dead. That's why Beth started crying by the tracks.

DrAnguish

DrAnguish

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCentral Florida USA
I absolutely LOVED this episode, and the combination of the past two episodes as a 2 hour block. Here's why:

1) a reintroduction: for the first time since the pilot episode every single character had a purpose and a point and we saw all named characters get development. If you're some who •just• started watching the series, you've got an introduction to every single character and where they are at now in the series. Nobody got "t-dogged" and just stood around doing nothing.

To think that they were able to take 15 people in a two hour period and give each of them just enough time to get development is something the series has never been able to do on this scale (clear was amazing but that was 4 people, not 15).

2) tying up of loose ends, answering questions etc

I seriously did the YAY dance when they showed Judith alive (which also gave explanation for the blood in the carseat with tyreeses cut arm), not only had carol come back, but to that specific group was genious. They also revealed who the prison psycho was who wad planting the dead animals everywhere, and put her in the same group as tyreese. What an insane group that is.

glenns segment was great. Simply because we got to see the final goodbyes to the inside of the prison, he salvaged everything he could (so many little Easter eggs), and I think he made a logical decision to work w Tara. He's one man, by himself, sick. She may not have been a perfect choice, but what other choice did he have? She was the only one there, and with her he had a better chance than without her.

Overall I haven't been as excited about the series as I am now since the pilot. It seems like everyone has a place and a purpose. Simple is hitting on all cylinders now. I hope he keeps it up.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

/jumping up and down and squealing!   TYREESE HAS JUDITH!!!! JUDITH IS ALIVE!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!

I have to get my joy out of my system before I can write a coherent opinion on the episode. YAY JUDITH!!!!!

"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I'm guessing it's the (comic spoiler) 

Spoiler
but I hope not. It's way too early to introduce that place.

They could have it introduced during the season finale, but I really hope they wait until season 5's mid season finale.

Yeah way too soon for the safe zone.  My impression is that Sanctuary is  something bad.  This  is the Walking Dead. When a place tells you that "Those who arrive survive," that's a good indication that those who arrive will die lol. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
So my mom was watching the episode with me last night. She saw the first three or four episodes of season one and none since. She was curious and wanted to start watching again. So last week, I decided that would be a good spot to start watching again. Anyways, she made a funny comment last night
"Why do all the cars look like that?" She was referring to the cars on the highway that looked blown up. She was wondering how they got that way if it was just zombies that would kill. Then later in the episode, Glenn blew up that one car and I was like "that's how those cars end up that way" and we laughed. I don't know why I posted this, but I enjoyed it

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNortheast Texas
I don't have much time available to post, so I'm not going to rehash plot points that so many others have so much more eloquently done before me. I will just list a few things that impacted me about the episode.

1. Melissa McBride. Yes, Carol's reintroduction was anticlimactic and a bit cheesy, but can anyone else FEEL Carol's presence like I can? When she is onscreen, she absolutely rivets me. Carol has a quiet POWER now, and MMB is conveying it flawlessly. While her reunion with Tyreese and the kiddos was somewhat predictable, it didn't disappoint.

2. Lizzie. I'm convinced the little maniac's last name is Borden.

3. Beth and Judith. I've never liked Beth's character or Emily Kinney's acting, but I have to say I finally felt some sympathy for her in this episode. I think the feeling at the end of 4:9 was that she'd be safe "because she's with Daryl", but if anything, it seems to be the opposite. She's still not the greatest actress, but I really liked the way the journal entries were read over their struggle to survive. And ok... this will shock some of you, and you'd better not tell anyone outside of this forum. ;-) As most of you know, I've been howling for Judith's death since Lori first saw the pregnancy test, but I have to admit that when Little Miss Borden was about to smother her, I actually felt my eyes start to tear up. Yes, I, the anti-kid person, am now invested in Judith.

4. Lauren Cohan - Once again, amazing acting as Maggie, but almost ruined by the horribly forced accent. She nails it 100% emotionally almost every time, but someone needs to get her a dialect coach, at least to make her face move more naturally when she speaks.

5. Bob - Who and what IS he?? Besides a grossly underutilized actor, I mean.

Just some random thoughts... Don't know when I can post again, so I thought I'd put them out there.
"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I don't have much time available to post, so I'm not going to rehash plot points that so many others have so much more eloquently done before me. I will just list a few things that impacted me about the episode.

1. Melissa McBride. Yes, Carol's reintroduction was anticlimactic and a bit cheesy, but can anyone else FEEL Carol's presence like I can? When she is onscreen, she absolutely rivets me. Carol has a quiet POWER now, and MMB is conveying it flawlessly. While her reunion with Tyreese and the kiddos was somewhat predictable, it didn't disappoint.

2. Lizzie. I'm convinced the little maniac's last name is Borden.

3. Beth and Judith. I've never liked Beth's character or Emily Kinney's acting, but I have to say I finally felt some sympathy for her in this episode. I think the feeling at the end of 4:9 was that she'd be safe "because she's with Daryl", but if anything, it seems to be the opposite. She's still not the greatest actress, but I really liked the way the journal entries were read over their struggle to survive. And ok... this will shock some of you, and you'd better not tell anyone outside of this forum. ;-) As most of you know, I've been howling for Judith's death since Lori first saw the pregnancy test, but I have to admit that when Little Miss Borden was about to smother her, I actually felt my eyes start to tear up. Yes, I, the anti-kid person am now invested in Judith.

4. Lauren Cohan - Once again, amazing acting as Maggie, but almost ruined by the horribly forced accent. She nails it 100% emotionally almost every time, but someone needs to get her a dialect coach, at least to make her face move more naturally when she speaks.

5. Bob - Who and what IS he?? Besides a grossly underutilized actor, I mean.

Just some random thoughts... Don't know when I can post again, so I thought I'd put them out there.

Great points. I am glad you mentioned Bob. I have been suspicious of him from the start but this episode is where he kind of won me over and now I think he is just a guy fighting the liquor demon. He clearly has a crush on Sasha. I but don't want to go there with anyone else. Maggie and Glenn are enough.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

What about the walker that attacked Beth? What a joke that was. It seemed more interested in trying to give her a hug than take a bite out of her.

What is about everyone having limited directional hearing? Nobody ever hears anything stomping through the woods, breaking sticks and crushing leaves as it stumbles up behind them. Beth, you'd better ask Daryl for some self-defense pointers and be a quick study honey or you're toast.

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members

Anyone else notice that Maggie's accent got reallll strong suddenly?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Mention him to WHO??? That was the last we saw of Tyreese in the episode.

There was like three more minutes of Tyreese. Lizzie or the other girl could've said, "Why didn't you kill him" or Tyreese and Carol could've given each other a knowing look or something. It didn't phase anyone at all and it didn't make sense to me why Tyreese or Carol wouldn't put him down (and I don't think the kids becoming darker is a good excuse for them not saying anything)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Spoiler

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't think that it's the safe zone.  A truly safe place full of trustworthy people would be leery of outsiders. They wouldn't be inviting people and posting signs unless there were some nefarious purpose. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

Spoiler

I looove the idea of Terminus being a trap.

Spoiler

3VHWYjA.gif

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I looove the idea of Terminus being a trap.

Spoiler

I can't mention the title here (even in a tag) but look at the title of the last episode this season. That could mean anything...but it's still worrisome

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

I can't mention the title here (even in a tag) but look at the title of the last episode this season. That could mean anything...but it's still worrisome

I almost mentioned that too, but caught myself. That's the one thing that has me really worried about it.

3VHWYjA.gif

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada

There was like three more minutes of Tyreese. Lizzie or the other girl could've said, "Why didn't you kill him" or Tyreese and Carol could've given each other a knowing look or something. It didn't phase anyone at all and it didn't make sense to me why Tyreese or Carol wouldn't put him down (and I don't think the kids becoming darker is a good excuse for them not saying anything)

The guy had a rifle and his friend had a weapon so if he wanted to take himself out he could probably find a way. I don't think Tyreese or Carol were going to be the ones to kill him after he told them where to go for sanctuary.
"Follow the tracks, it's safe there" "Thanks! *gunshot to the head*."

It would only make the group look heartless. But they should have asked the guy if he wanted them to do it for him or not. I'm sure most people would rather be killes outright as opposed to turning into a walker.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!