Guess The Quote

- - - - - Guess quote game

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I think we needed one of these. Basically, you post a relatively well known quote and everyone tries to guess who said it and where it came from. As soon as someone guesses correctly, someone else can add a question. It can be a quote from a real person or a fictional character. You can always search the quote on google, but that would kind of ruin the fun, don't you think?

I'll start with an easy one, to get things going:

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

GO!!!

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Nice idea! 

That's from Jaws

Another easy one, but it's one of my favorites:

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Usual Suspects! Haven't seen that movie in forever.

"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes... well, he eats you."

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members

The Big Lebowski!!

"Shit, you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize."

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Reservoir Dogs.

"Where we're going, we don't need roads."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Back to the Future (favorite movie!)

"Mmm...Juicy Fruit"

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest

"Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Nananananananananananaananananannana....nazacuckoo's proifle picture!

"Welcome to Earf"

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Laurence Fishburne in Independence Day.

"Get rid of the flare"

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

"Get rid of the flare"

Jurassic Park, yo. Dr. Grant.

"Name one thing you're gonna need this stupid fucking rope for."

Jon is fine, dammit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Boondock Saints, right before they dangle through the vents and shoot up a room

Steeeeeeelllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

A Streetcar Named Desire.

"Dear Diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count."

3VHWYjA.gif

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Yes I admit that I know that quote is Heathers.

"This valley is just one long smorgasbord."
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Tremors! Glob, I love that movie. "We killed it...FUUUUUUCK, YOU!"  :lol: 

"I realize there are some things worse than death, and one of them is sitting here waiting to die."

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
Dawn of the Dead

"Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin Mark Twain shit. Cause it's definitely getting chiseled on your tombstone"

You know I imagine this is what Samuel L Jackson thinks about someone else getting mistaken for Laurence Fishburne...
black-snake-moan-sam-jackson.gif

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Haha. Glad somebody got the reference.

And that would be..Devils Rejects? Or possibly House of a Thousand Corpses, I sometimes get confused with either.

If it is correct.. "I don't think you should get the Milky Way, I want some of the Milk Way"

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

This is the End :lol:

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

3VHWYjA.gif

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
nobody talk about Fight Club...

"You have a regrettably large head! I would very much like to hat it!"

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

The Mad Hatter, of course! Alice in Wonderland...

"They're coming to get you, Barbara, there's one of them now!"

Jon is fine, dammit.

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom

Night of the Living Dead, that's a classic! And brilliant  :)

ETA: I forgot my quote because I'm slow

"If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?"

I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Night of the Living Dead, that's a classic! And brilliant  :)

One of my favorites! Your go, Miss Daisy.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

No Country for Old Men. I love that movie!

"Oh my god, it even has a watermark!"

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
American Psycho

"You want to find an outlaw, hire an outlaw. You want to find a Dunkin' Donuts, call a cop."

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

Raising Arizona

"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth."

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Dawn of the Dead, my dear.

"Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?"

Jon is fine, dammit.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!