Issue 121 Review

- - - - - review

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland

Oh and also how awesome is this fuck fucking fuckity fuck shit!!!!

Look kids... It's Lucille! image.jpg

what did they do to his face
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Speaking of Jesus, hello, unbuttoned shirt! I get the feeling I'm gonna have a Tina Belcher-esque dream tonight involving Jesus, Dr. Yum, and some zombies. The more the merrier.

tumblr_mvq1a8t8Ng1rdutw3o4_400.gif

tumblr_mvq1a8t8Ng1rdutw3o5_400.gif

tumblr_mvq1a8t8Ng1rdutw3o3_400.gif

tumblr_mvq1a8t8Ng1rdutw3o6_400.gif

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

They arrived at Alexandria in #70 (actually the last pages of #69) which came out in Feb 2010. So the ASZ lasted 4 entire years. Quite an issue, this one. No more crazy phone, no more Alexandria, no more Denise and whoever those redshirts were. Only thing I don't like is how ridiculously fast Heath got better. Denise patched him up and voila, he can stand up like he lost his leg weeks ago.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

This issue really just reminded me how little I care about the people at hilltop/ASZ.

It's really feels like the first 5 episodes of season 4 of the show. PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERYWHERE but I don't care about any of them.

I'm not sure there's a single Hilltop/ASZ character that I'd miss if they died. Heath is the closest, but I'd get over him dying pretty dang quick. Don't really care about Jesus, the blacksmith guy, Olivia, etc. The one kinda interesting Hilltop resident they introduced, the lady who talked to Maggie when she was at Glenn's grave, hasn't shown up since (unless I'm mistaken).

The bad part of drastically increasing character count, I guess.

eh, anyway, overall a solid issue. Really liked the Euge/Negan exchange. Oh and got a chuckle out of Carl calling Rick a wimp.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
Wimp...

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I liked it.

The Carl calling Rick a wimp was a WTF moment for me though. It was too random and it didn't sound like Carl was joking. 

Also hate how they only focus on certain characters. There are so many times in this series where Rosita should have been at the forefront of a lot of issues yet she is ALWAYS the background character. With Abraham, Holly and now Eugene, I think we've seen Rosita talk like 4 or 5 times... what? Rosita should be at the helm of a lot of these issues because of the characters being dealt with.. but nope... Just more Carl/Michonne/Rick/Andrea/Ezekiel/Jesus.

Also, I really am starting to not like Ezekiel. 

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

You don't care about Jesus :0!!!!

blasphemy

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Its even worse than not liking Ezekiel for me, im bored by Ezekiel. If I didn't like him id think oh well at least he is drawing emotion out of me. But right now I just cant be bothered to read his panels. He will be sat there with a cup of tea in his hands moping on (I mean seriously hes been drinking tea or maybe coffee ever since Shiva died, hes overdosing on caffeine)

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
And to get back to what's really important, WHY HAS NO EUGEFISH EDIT BEEN DONE YET?

I NEED DAT FUCKING MULLET FISH.

*shrieks in discomfort and lack of patience*

tumblr_inline_n0vvhnPhEU1ste8gq.png

Calm down, buddy! Your wait is over!

34y7294.jpg

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

tumblr_mvq1a8t8Ng1rdutw3o3_400.gif

Dr. Yum, Heath, Rick, Jesus, Abraham. 

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Calm down, buddy! Your wait is over!

34y7294.jpg

Ehehehehhehehehehehehe......

EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH!

Perfection. Utter perfection. Such a grand example of THE EUGEFISH.

Dude, this is so awesome that i'd kiss you if i could.

May I? GvbTgE5.gif

*puts on guyliner*

tumblr_inline_n0w47qQxN01syel5g.png

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

ConstatMutatio

ConstatMutatio

Infected

• Members

I'm really excited about Rick leaving the 'Lori' phone behind. I think this signifies a new phase in the development of his character. We've seen him become more and more grounded. He's no longer questioning his role as a leader. Even though he may doubt some of his decisions, it seems that his is able to pick up the pieces and carry on. I'm really looking forward to some cut throat decisions at the conclusion of this story arc. 

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

LETTER HACKS #121

Spoiler

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

John got what he deserved. It sounded like he had to pee pretty bad...do you think he started peeing his pants as the zombies chased him down and ate him?

The "wimp" thing was awkward. At first I thought Carl was calling Heath a wimp for being sad about Denise. Then I got that Carl was trying to lighten the mood with his dad, but what did Rick think Carl said? "What did you say? Oh, I heard you wrong." Did Rick think Carl said..."pimp"..."shrimp"? Carl's comment was given a little more weight when Rick and Andrea were talking and she said he didn't get a concussion either. "You sound like Carl." Andrea and Carl bustin' Rick's balls.

Was that Nicholas that told Rick he was planning on relocating to Hilltop?

Rick leaving the phone behind was awesome!

What was with the look Dwight gave Carson at the end after Negan leaves the room. Does Dwight have people on his side? #dwight4ever

Also, all the ways Negan threatened Eugene pretty much all happened to Dwight. Pretty interesting. Getting the iron, having his penis severed (bitten), losing a lover/crush to another man...

12484733355_721ff8ddec_o.png

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

What was with the look Dwight gave Carson at the end after Negan leaves the room. Does Dwight have people on his side? #dwight4ever

12484733355_721ff8ddec_o.png

I think it was more a '' Man, why did Negan have to talk about dicks? I still hasn't gotten over the loss of mine. Carson, please hold me. *single tear* '' type of look.

And then Carson is all: '' I kno dat feel, bro. ''

And then they make out.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members

Rick misheard the wimp in context rather than the word, Carl was calling Rick a wimp as a joke. Rick misheard it as Carl calling Heath a wimp for the whole Denise situation. It wasn't a great joke on Carls part but im surprised at the confusion

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

John got what he deserved. It sounded like he had to pee pretty bad...do you think he started peeing his pants as the zombies chased him down and ate him?

The "wimp" thing was awkward. At first I thought Carl was calling Heath a wimp for being sad about Denise. Then I got that Carl was trying to lighten the mood with his dad, but what did Rick think Carl said? "What did you say? Oh, I heard you wrong." Did Rick think Carl said..."pimp"..."shrimp"? Carl's comment was given a little more weight when Rick and Andrea were talking and she said he didn't get a concussion either. "You sound like Carl." Andrea and Carl bustin' Rick's balls.

Was that Nicholas that told Rick he was planning on relocating to Hilltop?

Rick leaving the phone behind was awesome!

Also, all the ways Negan threatened Eugene pretty much all happened to Dwight. Pretty interesting. Getting the iron, having his penis severed (bitten), losing a lover/crush to another man...

Yes, he was looking a bit more on the scruffy side this issue, but he mentioned Paula and Mikey, so it was definitely Nicholas.

Axel, MulletFish is awesome. :D

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

Axel, MulletFish is awesome. :D

Thanks Gracie. While I was Photoshopping that early 90s football player's hairstyle onto that fish, I had a "am I really doin' this" moment, but it was totally worth it.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

who died ? oh yeah those people ...........

I am glad we are cutting out some of the redshirts i guess , hopefully we can get back to caring about these people again.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
I'm surprised at how little redshirts died. I mean, I was expecting this issue to end Barbara, Erin, and the other people who've had one line. Instead, the only deaths are people we've literally NEVER heard about before (and Denise)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I wonder who the cute chick with Eugene was that kind of looked a lot like Maggie, but with an 80's style flipped up brim baseball cap. I bet she likes the Beastie Boys. 

Cthulhu42

Cthulhu42

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationR'lyeh
Good issue; granted, not very eventful, but I wasn't really expecting it to be.

This issue has totally confirmed Eugene as my favourite character in the current cast who we haven't been with since the very beginning; the guy rejected Negan like a total boss. I really hope he doesn't die or get his dick cut off.

And I really like seeing Rick leave the phone behind; it's good to see that's he's at last completely moved on from Lori.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Also has anybody noticed that it's clearly not winter anymore when right before the Saviors were introduced and even up until AOW it was snowing and now people are wearing t-shirts, tanktops and in somecases shorts? I mean I know the D.C. area doesn't usually get super cold, but it doesn't seem like so much time has gone by. Like wasn't it around January-ish before this whole thing started? 

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

I wonder who the cute chick with Eugene was that kind of looked a lot like Maggie, but with an 80's style flipped up brim baseball cap. I bet she likes the Beastie Boys. 

Yeah. I liked her. Nice design for a unnamed character that we may or may nto see again.

And i liked her shorts. Alot.

I want to make a letter that we send to Kirkman that is called '' Bring back the shortshorts (that were last seen on Rosita) ''.

For ALL (adult) CHARACTERS.

Especially Jesus. N0eQRo6.png

(Gracie and Leela would agree, i'am sure. I9V1N8m.png)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

I don't need to see Jesus in shorts, but I wouldn't complain about a shirtless Jesus.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!